Callaway: Frazier starts at 3B over McNeil in 2019

tmp

Dec 12, 2018, 9:08:24 AM12/12/18
https://metsmerizedonline.com/2018/12/callaway-frazier-will-start-at-third-over-mcneil.html/

“As we stand here today, Todd Frazier is going to be standing at third base.”

This is just flat out wrong wrong wrong thinking.

Frazier hit .213 with a .693 OPS, and was a black hole in the lineup for much of year. McNeil hit .329 with an .852 OPS, and continuously sparked the offense for the 63 games that he played.

I understand that 2 months doesn't make a career, but at the very least, McNeil earned the chance to WIN a starting job in spring training. Unreal.

MetsFanSince71

Dec 12, 2018, 3:43:22 PM12/12/18
Frazier is aweful

*ernie

Dec 12, 2018, 11:47:38 PM12/12/18
On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 06:08:23 -0800 (PST), tmp <tmps...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Todd Frazier should be given a first baseman's glove. Let him learn a
few positions. Come spring training, try him in the outfield too.
Maybe the Mets get lucky and he has a comeback year, or maybe he sucks
and gets released by June. For the money he makes, it's worth it to
give him another chance; he obviously has talent. What's important is
that Jeff McNeil be given every chance to win the third base job.

Bob4Health

Dec 13, 2018, 4:32:37 AM12/13/18
On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 12:43:22 PM UTC-8, MetsFanSince71 wrote:
> Frazier is aweful

He was injured. His defense was great and normally can be expected to hit 30 home runs. He didn't suck. He was injured.