Today is the day Willie Mays made the Hall of Fame

Bob4Health

Jan 25, 2019, 9:19:58 PM1/25/19

He was not named on every ballot to enter the Hall of Fame.

To celebrate this day, the voters that left him off the ballot should
subject to slow torture.

tmp

Feb 9, 2019, 11:44:36 AM2/9/19
It is hard to believe that anyone could leave him off the HOF ballot. Would have to be brain dead.

I started following baseball just in time to catch his last couple of great seasons in the mid 1960's. I remember first seeing him play in 1965 against the Mets when he hit the 50+ HR, and also playing against the Dodgers on national TV in those tight NL pennant races in 1965 and 1966.

The most vivid memory I have is when he was playing against the Giants in those Sept pennant race games, and he would literally run up to the plate from the on deck circle when it was his turn to hit. He could not wait to hit.

By the time he came to the Mets in 1972, he was about done, but still he hit a HR in his first game, which won that game. The fans would call for him late in games to pinch hit, and he did get some big hits for them. And he got one last chance to play in the World Series.

tmp

Feb 9, 2019, 11:46:58 AM2/9/19
On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 11:44:36 AM UTC-5, tmp wrote:
> On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 9:19:58 PM UTC-5, Bob4Health wrote:
> > He was not named on every ballot to enter the Hall of Fame.
> >
> > To celebrate this day, the voters that left him off the ballot should
> > subject to slow torture.
>

> It is hard to believe that anyone could leave him off the HOF ballot. Would have to be brain dead.
>
> I started following baseball just in time to catch his last couple of great seasons in the mid 1960's. I remember first seeing him play in 1965 against the Mets when he hit the 50+ HR, and also playing against the Dodgers on national TV in those tight NL pennant races in 1965 and 1966.
>
> The most vivid memory I have is when he was playing against the Giants in those Sept pennant race games, and he would literally run up to the plate from the on deck circle when it was his turn to hit. He could not wait to hit.

Ugh.....playing FOR Giants AGAINST Dodgers (obviously)