bases load and no outs in the nineth

Popping mad

May 24, 2017, 10:54:38 PM5/24/17
and they can't score. I'm sorry. I'm sick of looking at Granderson. He
would be a great pinch hitter. Say with Reyes

Bill

May 24, 2017, 11:23:23 PM5/24/17
On 5/24/17 10:54 PM, Popping mad wrote:
> and they can't score. I'm sorry. I'm sick of looking at Granderson. He
> would be a great pinch hitter. Say with Reyes

Why not also blame your pal Flores? He didn't come thru in that
situation, either.

Popping mad

May 25, 2017, 7:04:12 AM5/25/17
On Wed, 24 May 2017 23:23:18 -0400, Bill wrote:

> Why not also blame your pal Flores? He didn't come thru in that
> situation,
> either.

you mean the guy who is now hitting 300, and who actually singled on a
ground ball to left to load the bases with no outs.

That Flores?

ruben safir

May 28, 2017, 12:42:40 AM5/28/17
On 05/24/2017 10:54 PM, Popping mad wrote:
> and they can't score. I'm sorry. I'm sick of looking at Granderson. He
> would be a great pinch hitter. Say with Reyes

can't just keep losing these games late. It is killing the fan base.

Beach Runner

May 30, 2017, 2:42:57 PM5/30/17
I think Flores is making a great case for himself. And, I think the team is starting to turn things around.

It's a long season.

ruben safir

May 30, 2017, 4:05:08 PM5/30/17
On 05/30/2017 02:42 PM, Beach Runner wrote:
>> can't just keep losing these games late. It is killing the fan base.
> I think Flores is making a great case for himself. And, I think the team is starting to turn things around.
>
> It's a long season

He is still not walking any and this dampers his effectiveness. He just
needs to walk more.

Beach Runner

May 31, 2017, 7:09:43 PM5/31/17
They are still in 2nd place.

The surprising thing, he's still on track to score over 90 runs if they keep playing him. He still turns a walk, or an error into a run.

At this point Flores though should be playing each day. He earned it and let him play himself off. I don't care if they move him around.

Mets pitchers are returning. Wheeler, Gselman, was surprisingly effective. That's huge.

Cespadas will be back, this time they are letting him heal. Please, please, please warm up slowly and stretch.....

I was surprised that Matz was so effective, that and Gsellman pitching well make a huge contribution. I think messing with Lugo and a partially torn ACL is playing with fire. I'm no surgeon but it seems surgery on a partially torn ligament would be much safer than one completely torn and heal faster and more reliably. Add stem cells and eyes of newt.

As I said, the Mets could never have enough starting pitching.

Popping mad

May 31, 2017, 10:30:04 PM5/31/17
On Wed, 31 May 2017 16:09:42 -0700, Beach Runner wrote:

>> He is still not walking any and this dampers his effectiveness. He
>> just needs to walk more.
>
> They are still in 2nd place.

That is meaningless.

> The surprising thing, he's still on track to score over 90 runs if they
> keep playing him.

I don't believe that and I don't care even enough to look it up. He is
the single worst Major League Regular PERIOD

> He still turns a walk, or an error into a run.

No he can't. But he is making them lose baseball games.

> At this point Flores though should be playing each day. He earned it
> and let him play himself off. I don't care if they move him around.

At this point they can pull up the 3rd baseman in Brooklyn and he would
play better than Reyes.

> Mets pitchers are returning. Wheeler, Gselman, was surprisingly
> effective. That's huge.

And then Degrom blows up tonight ...

> Cespadas will be back, this time they are letting him heal. Please,
> please, please warm up slowly and stretch.....

nothing short of a 1973 style collapse of the entire NL can allow them to
get back into the playoffs, or even above 500. They are going to lose 90
games.

> I was surprised that Matz was so effective, that and Gsellman pitching
> well make a huge contribution. I think messing with Lugo and a
> partially torn ACL is playing with fire. I'm no surgeon but it seems
> surgery on a partially torn ligament would be much safer than one
> completely torn and heal faster and more reliably. Add stem cells and
> eyes of newt.

Collins needs to be fired for playing Reyes and not allowing pitchers to
extend themselves.

> As I said, the Mets could never have enough starting pitching.

Like I SAID, they should have traded Harvey when he had value.

You can have too much pitching, and you don't win if your 3rd baseman is
hitting below 200

Popping mad

May 31, 2017, 10:36:42 PM5/31/17
On Thu, 01 Jun 2017 02:30:02 +0000, Popping mad wrote:

> Like I SAID, they should have traded Harvey when he had value.
>
> You can have too much pitching, and you don't win if your 3rd baseman is
> hitting below 200

BTW - If flores doesn't learn to take a walk, he also can not play
regularly, unless is power suddenly jumps.