I don't understand the HoF

ruben safir

Jan 25, 2018, 1:03:37 AM1/25/18
How does Scott Rolen not get HoF considerations. He should be a shoe is
with Chipper Jones

matt....@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2018, 1:41:24 PM1/25/18
On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 1:03:37 AM UTC-5, ruben safir wrote:
> How does Scott Rolen not get HoF considerations. He should be a shoe is
> with Chipper Jones

Hm.

Rolen's career slash line is: 281/364/490
He had 316 HR and 517 doubles

Chipper's slash line is 303/401/529
He had 468 HR and 549 doubles.

Jones hit .287 in the post season, Rolen 220.

You could make a case for Rolen, I guess, although he never really stuck out as a superstar to me.
Jones was better in the field, and clearly had more power.

Ruben Safir

Jan 25, 2018, 2:02:49 PM1/25/18
How do you figure Jones was better in the field? Rolens, at least by
JAWS, is the 10th best 3rd baseman in history, FWIW.

8 gold gloves
ROY
in 2004 his war was 9.2

Beat the crap out the Mets in 2006...

*ernie

Jan 29, 2018, 11:02:42 PM1/29/18
On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 1:03:37 AM UTC-5, ruben safir wrote:
> How does Scott Rolen not get HoF considerations. He should be a shoe is
> with Chipper Jones

Jones was the best player on a team that always won. That counts.

ernie k.
already...@hotmail.com

ruben safir

Jan 30, 2018, 8:40:23 AM1/30/18
I'm not saying Jones doesn't belong. I am saying that Rolins should
have went in with him. They should have went in together.

matt....@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2018, 3:10:26 PM1/30/18
They both beat the crap out of the Mets. :)

Matt