Yankees, Luis Severino host Jacob deGrom, Mets

*ernie

Aug 13, 2018, 12:58:57 AM8/13/18

No matter how much each team denies it, these games between the Mets
and Yankees are more than just another game. This match-up of aces is
no coincidence.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/MLB/2018/08/12/Yankees-Luis-Severino-host-Jacob-deGrom-Mets/3041534129461/

NEW YORK -- The pitching match-up between aces Jacob deGrom and Luis
Severino never materialized last month when the New York Mets visited
the New York Yankees.

Severino saw his first start after the All-Star break pushed back to
give him some extra rest. DeGrom was scheduled to start the series
finale against Masahiro Tanaka before heavy rain postponed the game on
July 22.

The match-up will take place when deGrom opposes Severino on Monday
night in a makeup game at Yankee Stadium

DeGrom is making a case to be a Cy Young winner despite a 6-7 record
because of the Mets' low offensive output in games he pitches.

ernie k.
already...@hotmail.com

tmp

Aug 13, 2018, 8:54:20 AM8/13/18
A lot of times, this kind of match up doesn't live up to expectations, but I'm looking forward to this. Would love to see deGrom get this one.

ruben safir

Aug 13, 2018, 3:55:31 PM8/13/18
If DeGrom no hit the Yankees, that would make up for lot of this
seasons misery

tmp

Aug 13, 2018, 6:50:15 PM8/13/18
That would be special, but I'll just take a W for him, whichever way it comes.