A couple of potential signings, should they make them?

Beach Runner

Nov 26, 2017, 10:55:32 AM11/26/17
The Mets are talking with Neil Walker. Do you think they should resign him?

More interesting, they made an offer to a reliever, Bryan Shaw.

The Mets have reportedly offered a multiyear contract to free agent relief pitcher Bryan Shaw, according to Paul Hoynes of Cleveland.com. Shaw has been oft-linked with the Mets since Mickey Callaway was announced as the team's manager.

Shaw, who worked with Callaway while with the Indians, had a 3.52 ERA (2.96 FIP) and 1.21 WHIP with 73 strikeouts and 22 walks in 76 2/3 innings (79 games) in 2017. The reliever has been with the Indians for five seasons.

On top of Shaw, the Mets have reportedly shown interest in relievers Addison Reed, Brandon Morrow and Mike Minor.

ruben safir

Nov 26, 2017, 3:08:26 PM11/26/17
On 11/26/2017 10:55 AM, Beach Runner wrote:
> The Mets are talking with Neil Walker. Do you think they should resign him?

No - it won't help them beat Houston.

> More interesting, they made an offer to a reliever, Bryan Shaw.

No for the same reason, unless he is dirt cheap.

The solution to the ballpen, in my opinion, is to move Wheeler into the pen