All time All Star Met lineup (circa 2003)

*ernie

Dec 12, 2018, 11:57:35 PM12/12/18

Considering only the players they had from that point to the beginning
of the franchise, I agree with everything but 2nd base and 3rd base.
I'd put Felix Millan at 2nd and Ed Charles at 3rd.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets/todd$20frazier/alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets/hX4ygSA4q68/kKtSgbkksp8J

gv

12/22/03

After much internal debate, here is the all time Met lineup.

1. Mookie Wilson - CF (speed, defense, sparkplug)
2. Jose Reyes - SS (speed, defense, contagious smile)
3. Jeff Kent - 2B (power from unlikely position)
4. Mike Piazza - C (HRs/ Avg. from unlikely position))
5. Darryl Strawberry - RF (speed, power)
6. Cleon Jones - LF (highest season avg.)
7. Keith Hernandez - 1B (defense, clutch hitter)
8. Edgardo Alfonzo - 3B (defense, clutch hitter)
9. Tom Seaver - P (power, control)

Any thoughts?

ernie k.
already...@hotmail.com

tmp

Dec 13, 2018, 11:14:04 AM12/13/18
Jose Reyes can't make this team because he didn't even get to the majors until 2003. There's no doubt that he's their best all time SS. For 2003 and before, I'd have to go with Buddy Harrelson.

I would put HoJo at 3B, and Alfonzo at 2B.

CF is debatable between Mookie and Agee, although Mookie was there longer.

These are just off the top of my head, which is as far as I'll go with it. Doesn't make much sense at this point to cut it off at 2003.