deGrom or Syndergaard. Who should go?

MetsFanSince71

Jun 14, 2018, 1:04:02 PM6/14/18
Any preference on which one the Mets should keep?

I think if deGrom goes to Yankees he will definitely be a 20 game winner next year.

Bob4Health

Jun 14, 2018, 4:36:55 PM6/14/18
On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:04:02 AM UTC-7, MetsFanSince71 wrote:
> Any preference on which one the Mets should keep?
>
> I think if deGrom goes to Yankees he will definitely be a 20 game winner next year.

That's the gold the Mets have. They should sign him to a long term contract.

He's the kind of player to build a franchise around. A little more hitting
he's a winner.

*ernie

Jun 14, 2018, 10:01:52 PM6/14/18
Trading deGrom would be akin to trading Tom Seaver again. An ace is a
high commodity in baseball.

Bob4Health

Jun 15, 2018, 8:05:40 AM6/15/18
If they trade him, they'll lose their fans. He's the kind of player you build a team around. You don't get rid of him for spare parts or prospects.

How many of you remember Dan Norman, Zackary, Flynn or Henderson, the future stars of the Mets? They did crap, while Seaver through his perfect game for the Reds.

matt....@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2018, 12:41:35 PM6/15/18
If you remind me of that trade again, I shall hurt you :)

Seriously, though, I was there on that horrible day in 1977. Sitting at Silver Point Beach Club in Atlantic Beach listening to the radio when it was announced. 40 odd years ago and I still remember it.

That's why you don't make this trade.