Tweet 5/18

bismotwitter

May 8, 2016, 7:28:26 PM5/8/16
# However, 18th round pick Shaq Thompson has played in the Super Bowl,
for Carolina. And 23rd rounder Brandon Magee also played in the NFL.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:50:59 PM5/18/16
# If, as many suspect, the Kansas City Royals are the ultimate test,
then the Red Sox have failed with flying colours. Utter disaster.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:51:19 PM5/18/16
# POOR CELLO: Rick spit the bit last night, triggering
concerns that he’s not really a frontline starter.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:52:01 PM5/18/16
# This afternoon, Wright pitched a damned good game (and gave the pen
a rest). Early homer, then settled down. But we didn't score today.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:52:43 PM5/18/16
# This is where you wish we had Mr. Trump, or even Mark Cuban, as our
owner. Losing is unacceptable. We need to kick some arse.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:53:06 PM5/18/16
# On the bright side, Jackie’s streak reached 23, and he won AL Player
of the Week to boot. And Young hit his first Boston homer today.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:53:55 PM5/18/16
# And Travis Shaw, OH TRAVIS SHAW! 2 singles, a 3-run jack last night,
raising his line to .327/.396/.565, 6 HR, 29 RBI.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:54:32 PM5/18/16
# DARKNESS ON THE 'LEDGE OF TOWN? Rutledge's stats look dandy, except
that WHENEVER WE NEED A F-CKING HIT HE CHOKES LIKE A DOG.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:55:33 PM5/18/16
# Farrell must致e had a hot date last night, because he was
ejected for arguing balls and strikes.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:55:44 PM5/18/16
# One long overdue non-bedroom move by Farrell piqued
my interest: Bradley moving up to 7th, Holt down to 9th.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:56:44 PM5/18/16
# Listen, we all love Brock Holt, but he’s hitting .248/
.320/.367. He’s a utility guy, maybe a 2B or SS, not a LF.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:57:04 PM5/18/16
# Know this: just because we’ve been scoring and doing well,
we shouldn’t be complacent about improving weak spots.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:57:28 PM5/18/16
# The Sox *are* ramping up Swihart’s LF activity, a move I’ve
never been crazy about it, but clearly he’s a possibility now.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:57:57 PM5/18/16
# Blake has improved to .250/.347/.320 after a rough start,
but that slash line won’t make you forget Greenwell or Manny.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:58:43 PM5/18/16
# Noe Ramirez is the 26th man. O’Sully clears waivers and
returns to Pawtucket to bolster their rotation.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:58:55 PM5/18/16
# Congrats to the Edmonton Oilers on winning the NBA
Draft Lottery.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:59:10 PM5/18/16
# Mr. Trump aced his interview with Megyn Kelly, and has
now released an impressive list of Supreme Court nominees.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 5:59:24 PM5/18/16

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:00:04 PM5/18/16
# The seventeenth was a night of aces. Greinke beat the disgusting
Yanks. Thor outdueled Max (only 10 Ks). Kershaw SUBLIME!

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:00:23 PM5/18/16
# AANDREW BENINTENDI BREAKS OUT IN HIS 2ND AA GAME,
WITH A WALK, A RIBBIE SINGLE, AND A RIBBIE DOUBLE!

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:00:35 PM5/18/16
# Kelly confirmed for Saturday, though Dombrowski will
wisely wait until then to activated the bespectacled enigma.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:00:46 PM5/18/16
# They are saying now that Bartolo Colon, like Johnnie
Cochran many years ago, has a double life with 2 families!

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:01:50 PM5/18/16
# Sam Dyson named Rangers closer. I now have 5 closers on
my fantasy team: Rondon, Rosenthal, Gomes, Dyson, Vizcaino.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:02:09 PM5/18/16
# I know it’s fashionable to mock John McLaughlin, but for
God’s sake, the man is 88 years old. Give him a break.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:02:47 PM5/18/16
# The man who bought the world a Coke has passed away. No, not Don
Draper. Bill Backer. He was 89, a true icon of advertising.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:04:09 PM5/18/16
# So Crooked Hillary "wins" Kentucky, and Crazy Bernie "wins" Oregon.
BFD. What's the endgame?

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:04:33 PM5/18/16
# The Red Sox have a must-win game tonight, but that's nothing
compared to the pressure facing Kerr, Curry, and Thompson.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:05:46 PM5/18/16
# Simmons thinks Papi might have climbed to the top of the Boston
sports pantheon, in terms of greatness, fame, and connection to fans.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:06:20 PM5/18/16
# Simmons told an astonished Francesa that there's no question Papi
has passed Yaz and Ted, and even PEDRO (which I might dispute).

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:06:57 PM5/18/16
# Simmons says Papi has actually passed Bird, that Russell sadly never
had this kind of connection, and that the big 3 are Papi, Brady, Orr.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:08:00 PM5/18/16
# Great as Francesa is, he's always had a blind spot with Ortiz,
perhaps because David kills the Yankees so much.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:09:01 PM5/18/16
# There are stories about RGIII in the media.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:10:15 PM5/18/16
# Not sure if Mendoza has been notified, but Rafael Devers is up to
.190 as he battles back from his epic April slump.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:17:54 PM5/18/16
# Some draftees the Sox have been linked to recently: RHP Dakota
Hudson, LHP Braxton Garrett, SS Nolan Jones, OF Alex Kirilloff.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:20:31 PM5/18/16
# Nolan Jones is fascinating. High schooler from the Pittsburgh area.
Accomplished hockey player; his brother is a top NHL goalie prospect.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:21:10 PM5/18/16
# Jones is 6-foot-5, bats lefty, and is said to have tremendous power
potential and a great arm (he's dabbled in pitching, too).

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:22:28 PM5/18/16
# Typically guys like Jones move to 3B or RF, but he's considered a
pretty good SS (insurance if Boras takes Bogie away from us?).

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:24:46 PM5/18/16
# Garrett (HS) and Hudson (Mississippi State) are polished arms;
Kirilloff (HS) is a pure hitter who's played with wood bats.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:27:53 PM5/18/16
# Really, if you think about it, Chris Young has done what he was
brought here to do, and there's no doubt about him as a leader.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:28:42 PM5/18/16
# Just as Brian Strait gives the Isles added value as their fantasy
football commish, Young keeps the Sox loose as locker room DJ.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:31:29 PM5/18/16
# PUT IT IN THE BOOKS: Christina and I want to thank Howie Rose for
his 21 years as Isles play-by-play man. He's going to focus on Mets.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:32:19 PM5/18/16
# We will never forget Howie's quick wit, candor, and his exciting
calls, none greater than Shawn Bates' playoff penalty shot.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:32:58 PM5/18/16
# Howie was great with Butch, a lovable hockey character, but not
exactly a smooth or coherent analyst. Hard to believe Rose is leaving.

nate

May 18, 2016, 6:33:31 PM5/18/16
On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 5:58:55 PM UTC-4, bismotwitter wrote:
> # Congrats to the Edmonton Oilers on winning the NBA
> Draft Lottery.

LMAO

- nate

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:34:16 PM5/18/16
# But with both teams doing well, it had gotten tough for Howie to
work out the October/April/May scheduling, and he's getting older.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:34:45 PM5/18/16
# Some Islanders fans resented Howie because he grew up a Rangers fan
(kind of hard to root for the Isles when they didn't exist yet!).

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:35:18 PM5/18/16
# And of course Howie had the immortal MATTEAU! MATTEAU! MATTEAU! call
when the a-hole Rangers beat the Devils. But that's ancient history.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:36:09 PM5/18/16
# I hope there weren't other issues at play. Howie was often critical
of the franchise, and Bill Jaffe was let go for that reason once.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:36:52 PM5/18/16
# Not sure who'll replace Howie. If it was Butch, they could just
promote DiPietro. But they need a PBP man.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:37:32 PM5/18/16
# Kinger, Chris King, got some notoriety for his shrieky radio calls.
He has great passion, but he seems kind of minor league to me.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:38:23 PM5/18/16
# Well, at least the Mets fans still have HoRo, and he's a great radio
man. (He was also a tremendous WFAN host at one time.)

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:39:05 PM5/18/16
# On a related note, Fangraphs rated Sox TV broadcasts 12th in
baseball. Way too low. RemDawg is revitalized and Obie's great.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:39:45 PM5/18/16
# Mr. Trump will be on Hannity tonight. It's been a good week for
Wonderful Donald.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:41:54 PM5/18/16
# I should note, getting back to Howie, that Jiggs McDonald is a treat
when he fills in, but he's 79 and can't handle a full schedule.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:45:06 PM5/18/16
# Caitlyn Jenner denies rumours that she wants to transition back to
being a man. Either way, she is beautiful inside and out.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:46:27 PM5/18/16
# Wow, just realized Howie's last Islanders call was Tavares'
series-winning goal against Florida (next round was national).

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:47:00 PM5/18/16
# Of course, it's also sad that this was the only series-winning call
of Howie's 21-year Islanders career! Talk about a drought.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:47:47 PM5/18/16
# I am VERY nervous about the updated overtime laws, taking effect
12/1. I think companies will find loopholes to screw the workers.

bismotwitter

May 18, 2016, 6:48:30 PM5/18/16
# You know how it goes, law of unintended consequences. Seems like a
great idea for workers, but in the end they'll be worse off.