Tweet 8/30

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:06:23 PM8/30/16
Report not abuse
# I am absolutely devastated and heartbroken over Teddy Bridgewater's
severe knee injury. He is one of my favourite players.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:06:45 PM8/30/16
Report not abuse
# One of the few things I hate about fantasy football is that people
dismiss the good players who don't put up gaudy stats.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:07:31 PM8/30/16
Report not abuse
# To me, Bridgewater and Alex Smith are damned good QBs. They're
smart, they don't turn it over, they win. But they don't throw 35 TDs.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:08:16 PM8/30/16
Report not abuse
# Hill, the journeyman, will take over unless the Vikes can swing a
trade. Hand it off to Adrian, throw safe passes to Diggs, and pray.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:09:58 PM8/30/16
# On a brighter note, Pedey is leadey. Then Bobblehead Bogie, Papi,
slugger Mookie Betts, Hanley, Shaw, Brock, Holly, Jackie. Drew P.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:10:35 PM8/30/16
# Ted Williams was born 98 years ago today. The Beatles played their
last full concert 50 years ago yesterday.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:11:10 PM8/30/16
# BTW, Bogie's bobblehead is magnificent. It doesn't make up for the
Papi debacle, but it's a huge improvement.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:12:16 PM8/30/16
# Sox promote Jay Groome to Lowell, and he’s set to
start Friday night. If you live nearby, feel free to go.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:12:27 PM8/30/16
# Both the GCL and Lowell teams are near-locks for
the playoffs, but Lowell’s season ends a little later.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:12:40 PM8/30/16
# So by going to Lowell, Groome may get another start
or two, and he gets to pitch in front of bigger crowds.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:12:57 PM8/30/16
# SP.com analyzes Groome’s new teammate, Dalbec:
http://news.soxprospects.com/2016/08/return-to-past-hitting-mechanics.html

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:13:13 PM8/30/16
# According to the estimable Eric M. Van, Mookie is on pace for the
15th highest WAR for a position player 23 or under.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:13:26 PM8/30/16
# The only ones better? Cobb twice, E.Collins, Hornsby, Ted
twice, Stan, Willie, Mickey, Cal, A-Rod, Trout twice, Harper.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:13:36 PM8/30/16
# Thing I like about Porcello is that he *cares*. He’s a
bulldog and he wants to do whatever it takes to win.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:13:47 PM8/30/16
# I can picture Gene Wilder, Gilda Radner, Richard Pryor,
and Madeline Kahn having a laugh together in Heaven.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:14:20 PM8/30/16
# BTW, one Wilder film I loved was the widely panned The Frisco Kid,
where he played a rabbi and Harrison Ford an outlaw. It was funny.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:14:56 PM8/30/16
# They used to play that movie on television. Not a masterpiece, not
very politically correct, but two great stars having fun.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:15:19 PM8/30/16
# I remain intrigued by the Browns. Moneyball GM, RGIII,
Pryor/Gordon/Coleman, Duke/Crowell. Barn Dog.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:15:40 PM8/30/16
# Look, I’d be shocked if the Browns win 6 games, but they
have interesting offensive players. Defense, not so much.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:17:19 PM8/30/16
# Cespedes had quite a walk-off last night, BTW. More importantly, the
Yankees lost, which I love. That team makes me sick.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:18:20 PM8/30/16
# An unnamed team has claimed Puig. Not sure what the Dodgers will do
from here.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:18:45 PM8/30/16
# Sources tell me Tebow was underwhelming in today's showcase. 20
teams, including Boston, sent scouts.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:19:58 PM8/30/16
# Both of Boston's Dominican Summer League affiliates won their first
round playoff series. They're in the circuit's final four now.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:20:35 PM8/30/16
# So it's possible it'll be Boston vs. Boston in the DSL finals, which
is great, considering the restrictions on our international signings.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:21:20 PM8/30/16
# Because of MONCADA/Espinoza/Acosta, Boston couldn't sign high-price
Dominican amateurs.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:22:06 PM8/30/16
# Then Boston got penalized for illegal signings and had to give up 5
Venezuelan players who were on DSL rosters.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:22:24 PM8/30/16
# So that's quite an achievement by both our clubs. I salute them.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:24:57 PM8/30/16
# Still no firm sense of whom the Sox will call up when rosters
expand, beyond Joe Kelly (whom Dombrowski has mentioned).

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:26:14 PM8/30/16
# I hope they don't waste our time with Noe and Deven, who don't add
anything to the roster.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:26:50 PM8/30/16
# There is some chatter on web boards about Kopech, but that would be
utterly insane. He's in high-A, for Christ's sake, and he's immature.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:28:29 PM8/30/16
# Yanks get OF Tito Polo as a player to be named later--and the name
was worth the wait--for Ivan Nova. What a cool moniker. Tito Polo.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:29:37 PM8/30/16
# Moles in New Orleans tell me C.J. Spiller looks reborn.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:31:04 PM8/30/16
# Mike Zimmer spoke to Parcells about Teddy. The Tuna knows the
feeling, having lost Vinny in Week One.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 6:31:44 PM8/30/16
# Isles had a lovely memorial service for Coach Arbour. All the old
greats, even Mr. Torrey, spoke, and Tavares looked on respectfully.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:24:29 PM8/30/16
# ANOTHER DISGRACEFUL LOSS. EVERYONE IN UNIFORM EXCEPT HANLEY RAMIREZ
SHOULD BE FORCED TO EAT THE POSTGAME MEAL OUT OF A DOG BOWL.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:25:24 PM8/30/16
# What a f-cking joke. Pomeranz sailing along, allows a 2-run,
2-strike, 2-out game tying homer to a f-cking film director.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:26:08 PM8/30/16
# Buchholz, the latest in a long line of c-ck teases who look like
they could be the big setup man, gives up a Longo blast in the 8th.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:26:58 PM8/30/16
# And that's your ballgame. Tempting to blame Farrell, but no offense
aside from the transcendent Hanley Ramirez (3-for-4, HR, 2 RBI).

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:27:29 PM8/30/16
# And the pitchers HAVE TO F-CKING EXECUTE. Jesus Christ, this is a
pennant race, not a game of tiddly f-cking winks.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:27:48 PM8/30/16
# Sheer and utter garbage. A chance to gain on Toronto thrown away,
just like so many other losses.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:28:20 PM8/30/16
# John Henry is the biggest phony north of Crooked Hillary, saying how
vital it is to send Papi off as a winner.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:28:50 PM8/30/16
# Yeah, except you have a piss-poor manager (who also shamed the
organization by banging a young female reporter) and no bullpen.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:29:25 PM8/30/16
# John Henry, I knew George M. Steinbrenner, and you are no George M.
Steinbrenner. Farrell wouldn't have made it to May 1st under the Boss.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:30:16 PM8/30/16
# John Henry is nothing but a hedge fund weasel. We needed this
f-cking game. Now tomorrow Farrell will make sure to rest our stars.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:30:47 PM8/30/16
# And we'll follow a big series opening win with two losses, just as
we blew the last two games in Tampa. JOHN FARRELL IS LUCIFER.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:33:49 PM8/30/16
# It has become clear to me that the real brains and guts of this
franchise, this century, was Tito, who today traded for Covelli Crisp.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:34:14 PM8/30/16
# You see what Francona's doing in Cleveland and you realize what a
tragedy it is that he's not still here in Boston.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:34:48 PM8/30/16
# SPENCER FOR HIRE? Rumours persist that Ware will be the Chiefs' lead
back, at least early on, as Jamaal Charles' recovery is not complete.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:35:54 PM8/30/16
# Complete ACL tear and disclocated knee for Teddy. He is in my
prayers. I hope he'll be able to play again in 2017.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:37:58 PM8/30/16
# There are unconfirmed reports that Dombrowski claimed Puig, possibly
to block him from going to a competitor like Toronto.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:38:27 PM8/30/16
# Rosenthal, however, claims Tito claimed Puig. We'll have to wait and
see. Dodgers could pull him back and keep him anyway.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:39:29 PM8/30/16
# A witty correspondent might wonder if Puig can play 3B (Shaw had a
golden sombrero tonight, and s-cks) or pitch out of the pen.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:40:22 PM8/30/16
# It would be pretty funny--Allen Craig, Yasiel Puig, Rusney Castillo,
Panda Sandoval....if you're overpaid and useless, come to Boston!

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:42:09 PM8/30/16
# Nightengale also dismisses the rumour, saying the White Sox put in a
claim but didn't get him (meaning an NL or a worse AL team did).

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:43:52 PM8/30/16
# Just in case we are the ones awarded the claim, Puig is 25, but has
rapidly declined during his 4-year big league career.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:44:32 PM8/30/16
# Puig's OPS+ has gone from 159 to 145 to 110 to 92. He hit
.260/.320/.386 this year, and was sent to the minors.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:45:33 PM8/30/16
# Puig has good defensive tools but doesn't always apply them
properly, and he's a wild swinger whom pitchers have figured out.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:46:36 PM8/30/16
# And Puig has had attitude issues in the past. He's not *that*
expensive ($6M AAV; $7.2M in 2016, $8.2M and $9.2M next 2 years).

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:47:43 PM8/30/16
# Anyway, even if Boston did get Puig, I'm not sure he's much of an
upgrade over Young at this point. Like I said, we need a 3B.

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:48:04 PM8/30/16
# Actually, maybe we ought to call up Dalbec as a 3B and relief
pitcher!

bismotwitter

Aug 30, 2016, 10:49:11 PM8/30/16
# John Farrell is back to .500 lifetime tonight, 461-461. Take out
2013 and the percentage is a lot uglier.