Sola Panel Capacitor

phillb

Dec 23, 2016, 7:55:51 PM12/23/16
What or why wouldn't or couldn't a capacitor, high ultra super, be put at the negative wire going back into the solar panel
Wouldn't that help to either increase amperage or watts?

It sits in my head without a true answer

Phill

Martin Eastburn

Dec 23, 2016, 11:56:27 PM12/23/16
The UC is just a storage device that tries to stabilize the voltage.
They are very low voltage and need to be a 100 maybe in series and the +
to the positive and the - to the negative connection.

If you get various swings due to trees and looking at power through
limbs or leaves the array of these low voltage caps might help.

Remember when putting them in series - and all are the same - divide
value by count for the new cap effective size.

Martin

phillb

Dec 24, 2016, 6:13:59 PM12/24/16
Well I have a few broken unused pc motherboards with 12v 1200 f capacitors on each
Will try those out in series
With a 12 volt panel, i have one 10w n another 80w
I think the 10w is a safe starter
But I should heed caution with a possible pop thanks to the milli amps from a panel?
Oh, i would think the caps after the charge controller, or maybe before
Well, am going to try caps on + - after panel and then another after controller
See if i hear a pop n smell smoke. If not, record amps. And try all four caps...

Martin Eastburn

Dec 26, 2016, 11:24:51 PM12/26/16
Good luck.
Martin