Re: About Generators

m II

Apr 25, 2010, 1:03:11 AM4/25/10
Phoenix wrote:

> Judging from my experience I would not buy any generator made
> in China or any generator that can not have a repair company locally
> that can repair the generator if it malfunctions.

I know your pain. I have been trying to get my Red Maple diesel
generator replaced for over TWO YEARS. No success. The communists don't
give a rat's ass about you after you buy one.

DO NOT BUY CHINESE CRAP.

The Canadian Standards Association has done nothing to help me. I have
talked to them twice and have sent many emails.

It appears they are afraid of the commies. The CSA doesn't even seem too
worried about the COUNTERFEIT approval stickers being used on the faulty
generators.

What a scam.

More details here:

http://tinyurl.com/6zrfft

http://www.esasafe.com/pdf/Recall_Notices/RCL07-50.pdf
TORONTO, ON – September 26, 2007 – CSA International, in cooperation
with Fuzhou Launtop M&E Co. Ltd. and Better Source Asia, of Fuzhou City,
China announces a voluntary recall of approximately 30,000 gasoline-and
diesel-powered generators. The affected models were produced with
uncertified circuit protectors, circuit breakers, receptacles and wiring
and do not meet the applicable standards. The uncertified components and
wiring may pose a shock and/or fire hazard. In addition, some generators
may have circuit breakers bearing counterfeit (unauthorized use)
registered trademarks belonging to CSA International.

No incidents or injuries have been reported related to the affected
generators.

This recall affects all gasoline models rated for 950 W, 1200 W, 2500 W,
3000 W, 3800 W, 5000 W, and 6500 W and diesel models rated for 2200 W,
3600 W, 5000 W, 5500 W and 6000 W. The affected models may bear a CSA
mark with or without file numbers 223771 or 233220.

These generators were sold in Canada and the United States under the
brand names Alternative Power Source, Aurora, CM, Elim International,
Ener G, Genertek, Launtop, Portland, Power on the Go, Red Maple. The
units were sold by retail, equipment auction houses and internet outlets
for between $160.00 to $2,300.00 CDN

Owners of the subject generators are advised to stop using them
immediately and are requested to return them to the point of purchase or
to contact Fuzhou Launtop M&E Co. Ltd. toll free at
1-866-975-6748, between 11:00 am and 7:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday,
or via the company website at www.launtop.cn for a free replacement.

Joe from Kokomo

Apr 25, 2010, 11:29:02 AM4/25/10
On 4/25/2010 1:03 AM, m II wrote:

> It appears they are afraid of the commies. The CSA doesn't even seem too
> worried about the COUNTERFEIT approval stickers being used on the faulty
> generators.

Well, maybe they should be afraid of the commies. Does China own three
fourths of Canada like they do the USA?

m II

Apr 26, 2010, 1:59:37 AM4/26/10
Joe from Kokomo wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised.

Our politicians seem to be in love with them. I think they'd love to set
up an equivalent system here.

You know the scenario...Business runs the government and the government
keeps the work force nice, stable and cheap.

The Canadian government still gives foreign aid money to the communists.
It is truly obscene.

I was under the impression that the US still gives them money too.

It isn't aid at all, it's pure extortion by the commies to ensure
continued foreign access to almost free labour and no pollution restraints.

mike

ghio

Apr 26, 2010, 8:45:07 AM4/26/10

Ya gotta laugh. Why are you blaming the Chinese? They didn't sell it
to you. That was done by a Canadian who knows there's a sucker born
every minute. And as for the yank complaining about the Chinese owning
3/4 of America, well who the hell sold it to them. And that after
decades of complaining about those dirty commie unionists. Ya know the
worst of it is, that after the yanks begged the Chinese to take over
America's manufacturing so the yanks could have cheap consumer goods,
they sold the Chinese all their machine tools as scrap. But then the
best part of the joke is, that to keep the oil pipe line from
Uzbekistan open through Afghanistan, not to mention just keeping their
economy afloat, the yanks borrow millions from China to pay the
troops.

Did someone mention a sucker being born every minute? You wanted
cheap? You got it.

Joe from Kokomo

Apr 26, 2010, 9:28:24 AM4/26/10

On 4/26/2010 8:45 AM, ghio wrote:

> Ya gotta laugh. Why are you blaming the Chinese? They didn't sell it
> to you. That was done by a Canadian who knows there's a sucker born
> every minute. And as for the yank complaining about the Chinese
> owning 3/4 of America, well who the hell sold it to them.

Um, I fully realize that and that's why I was complaining about it. It
is GREED, run rampant. So, to clarify it for you, I'm not complaining
that the Chinese own us per se, but rather my anger is directed towards
the greedy, stupid, short-sighted bastards that sold us out.

> And that after decades of complaining about those dirty commie
> unionists.

Well, if that comment was directed towards me, you are sadly and wildly
off the mark.

Although as with all pendulums, sometimes unions have gone too far, but
generally I am pro-union. -Something- is needed to try and
counterbalance the run amok greed of management.

bpnjensen

Apr 26, 2010, 11:35:14 AM4/26/10
On Apr 26, 6:28 am, Joe from Kokomo <j...@indy.net> wrote:

> > And that after decades of complaining about those dirty commie
> > unionists.
>
> Well, if that comment was directed towards me, you are sadly and wildly
> off the mark.
>
> Although as with all pendulums, sometimes unions have gone too far, but
> generally I am pro-union. -Something- is needed to try and

> counterbalance the run amok greed of management.- Hide quoted text -

Firing squad? Utah seems ready, willing and able...

ghio

Apr 26, 2010, 12:26:36 PM4/26/10

Actually it was in response to m ll.
But the answer remains that you were willing to buy a Chinese
generator to save money.

There are two kinds of product that come out of China. 1) Chinese
copies of real machinery and 2) machinery that is made to spec for
western companies. If it doesn't have a good pedigree, i.e. made to
spec for a reputable manufacturer it is strictly buyer beware.

danny burstein

Apr 26, 2010, 1:05:45 PM4/26/10

>Actually it was in response to m ll.
>But the answer remains that you were willing to buy a Chinese
>generator to save money.

>There are two kinds of product that come out of China. 1) Chinese
>copies of real machinery and 2) machinery that is made to spec for
>western companies. If it doesn't have a good pedigree, i.e. made to
>spec for a reputable manufacturer it is strictly buyer beware.

Which is why I like "Harbor Freight". A good quality US built wrench,
for example, might cost $25. But if you're only going to use it
once every two years, then a $5 copy is good enough.

Harbor Freight has that $5 wrnech for... five dollars.

Other places will sell it for $20.

So as long as you realize it's just a cheapo and
treat it that way, you're fine.

dan...@panix.com

bpnjensen

Apr 26, 2010, 1:15:00 PM4/26/10
> spec for a reputable manufacturer it is strictly buyer beware.- Hide quoted text -

China's economy is growing beyond all bounds; the US economy, at least
for regular people, is stagnant. Buy Chinese, and you condemn the US
economy to more of the same.

Bruce Jensen

Joe from Kokomo

Apr 26, 2010, 1:55:35 PM4/26/10
On 4/26/2010 12:26 PM, ghio wrote:

> Actually it was in response to m ll.
> But the answer remains that you were willing to buy a Chinese
> generator to save money.

Nope, still not quite right. I [Joe from Kokomo] was NOT buying the
Chinese generator. That was mII.

> There are two kinds of product that come out of China. 1) Chinese
> copies of real machinery and 2) machinery that is made to spec for
> western companies. If it doesn't have a good pedigree, i.e. made to
> spec for a reputable manufacturer it is strictly buyer beware.

Absolutely agree!

dave

Apr 27, 2010, 8:49:38 AM4/27/10
danny burstein wrote:
> In<7f275939-333e-4bb5...@k33g2000prk.googlegroups.com> ghio<bea...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Actually it was in response to m ll.
>> But the answer remains that you were willing to buy a Chinese
>> generator to save money.
>
>> There are two kinds of product that come out of China. 1) Chinese
>> copies of real machinery and 2) machinery that is made to spec for
>> western companies. If it doesn't have a good pedigree, i.e. made to
>> spec for a reputable manufacturer it is strictly buyer beware.
>
> Which is why I like "Harbor Freight". A good quality US built wrench,
> for example, might cost $25. But if you're only going to use it
> once every two years, then a $5 copy is good enough.
>
> Harbor Freight has that $5 wrnech for... five dollars.
>
> Other places will sell it for $20.
>
> So as long as you realize it's just a cheapo and
> treat it that way, you're fine.

Why not Husky brand from Home Depot?

Guido

May 1, 2010, 11:06:31 PM5/1/10
ghio wrote:
> And as for the yank complaining about the Chinese owning
> 3/4 of America, well who the hell sold it to them. And that after
> decades of complaining about those dirty commie unionists. Ya know the
> worst of it is, that after the yanks begged the Chinese to take over
> America's manufacturing so the yanks could have cheap consumer goods,
> they sold the Chinese all their machine tools as scrap. But then the
> best part of the joke is, that to keep the oil pipe line from
> Uzbekistan open through Afghanistan, not to mention just keeping their
> economy afloat, the yanks borrow millions from China to pay the
> troops.
>
> Did someone mention a sucker being born every minute? You wanted
> cheap? You got it.

Amen Brother! Go tell it on the Mountain! LOL

I'm the last of a dying breed in the USA, an isolationist or
protectionist. I say if they want to sell on our markets, they should
pay their people at LEAST the equivalent of our minimum wage. That would
help "level the playing field" a bit!

bpnjensen

May 2, 2010, 4:11:39 AM5/2/10

I think the isolationist is alive and well - more and more people are
running to jump back on that bandwagon.

sty...@generatorguru.com

Jan 13, 2016, 5:40:35 AM1/13/16
If you need parts we sell them at www.generatorguru.com.

careyc...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2019, 7:50:11 AM12/28/19
EXCELLENT COMMENTS! It has often also been stated that "GREED AND FEAR" are the main motivating factors in the " HUMAN CONDITION". The United States of America and American Capitalism is soon to suffer the fate of past world Empires. American is going the same way as the Soviet System due to Gross Mismanagement caused by self centered self serving GREED!!! America has become its own Worst Enemy!!!