Other Pipe Forums

apipeguy

Dec 19, 2006, 11:57:46 PM12/19/06
Anybody here member of any other online pipe forums? how do you join?
Not intending to start a fire or abandon ship. I Love ASP! Ed, Bill,
Desertsmoker, Tinsky, RickPiatt you guys rock! If I missed others, you
guys rock too! Merry Christmas!

Ian Rastall

Dec 20, 2006, 12:00:19 AM12/20/06
Someone told me today about http://www.smokersforums.org/

Apparently it's moderated, and very congenial.

Ian
--
http://sundry.ws/

Ed Duncan

Dec 20, 2006, 12:13:49 AM12/20/06
and a great Holiday to you & family, Bob Hamlin. I'm also in Yahooo
pipesmokers2 & StokersHaven.

Be damned (well understandable by my sig)...no clue how to type up the
proper addresses. Sure somebody else who actually knows how to operate
a computer can dig up the addys.

Ed Duncan, Batavia, NY
pipe since '62, ASP, YPSC, StokersHaven's resident techno village idiot

Joseph Durham

Dec 20, 2006, 12:53:59 AM12/20/06
There are 2 others that I know of

www.smokersforum.com
and
www.pipemakersforum.com

The first allows you to post photographs et cetera. All I really use it for
are for the photographs and to see what everyone else is up to. I rarely
post. I believe I have posted once in the last year.

--
Pipeing Joe __
\

"apipeguy" <apip...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

apipeguy

Dec 20, 2006, 1:05:40 AM12/20/06
Ed, this is not Bob Hamlin. I'll have to change my nick.

-nt@gmail.com Misha

Dec 20, 2006, 1:33:49 AM12/20/06
In addition to those already mentioned

1. http://forums.kccretail.com/
This is the forum supported by knoxcigar.com. Nice, active place.

2. http://forum.pipes.org/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi
This forum is PRE-moderated, hence somewhat specific form of discussions.

I barely write to any of them.

Misha

apipeguy wrote

bvartist-omb

Dec 20, 2006, 8:18:33 AM12/20/06

> apipeguy wrote
> > Anybody here member of any other online pipe forums? how do you join?
> > Not intending to start a fire or abandon ship. I Love ASP! Ed, Bill,
> > Desertsmoker, Tinsky, RickPiatt you guys rock! If I missed others, you
> > guys rock too! Merry Christmas!

http://grayfoxonline.mywowbb.com/

Grey Fox is a good one. I like smoker's forum too (previously
mentioned).

David
www.ozarkmountainbriars.com

JudyAnne

Dec 20, 2006, 10:54:03 AM12/20/06
For women and moderated, Yahoo group Ladies of the Briar.
JudyAnne

Warren F

Dec 20, 2006, 11:56:22 AM12/20/06
I am active on both Smokers Forums and Gray Fox. Both are good sites,
but they are different from one another. SF is moderated, but IMO it
seems to work well due to the largely international make-up of the
group. It is a friendly, congenial, active group, and threads there
move pretty quickly. SF has been around for about 10 years, first as
an email group and later in various iterations of bulletin board.

Gray Fox is smaller, moves slower, but is unmoderated. In fact Mike
Norton, the host, is a proponent for free speach. The threads can
occasionally get a little unrulely, and sometimes we "dust it up," but
overall the group seems to do a good job at remaining courteous. But,
I would not recommend Gray Fox to people with thin skins.

hag...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2006, 11:58:38 AM12/20/06

Smokers Forum and Gray Fox are great places. They actually discuss
pipes and tobaccos!!

http://www.smokersforums.org/

http://grayfoxonline.mywowbb.com

Both are what ASP was like 5 or 6 years ago. Come on over, you will be
welcomed.

Mike Hagley

Scott Curtis

Dec 20, 2006, 1:20:05 PM12/20/06

I need to be loved too. Dock Perry sends me no email. Marty says bad
things to me, and now, you do not include me in the "you guys rock"
list.

No cheers

MCS

tobakokolektor

Dec 20, 2006, 1:21:58 PM12/20/06
Yeah, things are getting a little out of hand here on ASP (ducking),
though I still enjoy lurking, and there are a bunch of cool posters....
I am going to check out smokers forum; however, I find the name "gray
fox" offensive and will not go there. TEHO.

JtN©

Dec 20, 2006, 2:39:15 PM12/20/06
Scott ... YOU ROCK!!!

JtN ©2006