{article}: "Enough of Sarah Palin, the victim!"

Taylor

Jun 16, 2009, 2:26:18 AM6/16/09
Enough of Sarah Palin, the victim
Debra J. Saunders
sfgate.com, ntvland.com

Monday, June 15, 2009

I wish Sarah Palin would just go away.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, I wrote about the unfair
personal treatment to which the political press corps subjected Palin
and her children. Now I just want her to stop milking her role as GOP
martyr. Palin should stick to her day job - by which I mean, governing
Alaska, not being fodder for talk-show humor.

Both parties have their umbrage industries - thanks to true believers,
who love nothing better than to see themselves as victims of a
perceived double standard. Last week, comedian David Letterman's two
off-color jokes about a Palin family trip to New York led to an orgy
of indignation.

Yes, I know that a politician's family - especially their minor
children - is supposed to be off-limits. Letterman apparently thought
he was joking about 18-year-old teenage mom Bristol Palin, unaware
that 14-year-old Willow Palin went to Yankee Stadium.

Which, of course, gave the Alaska governor license to huff: "Laughter
incited by sexually perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male
celebrity aimed at a 14-year-old girl is not only disgusting, but it
reminds us (that) some Hollywood/NY entertainers have a long way to go
in understanding what the rest of America understands - that
acceptance of inappropriate sexual comments about an underage girl,
who could be anyone's daughter, contributes to the atrociously high
rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse
others."

In that any sex act between an adult male and a 14-year-old would
constitute statutory rape, father Todd Palin chimed in, too: "Any
'jokes' about raping my 14-year-old are despicable."

Now there's a firedavidletterman.com Web site and a planned protest
outside the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City today. If anyone
thinks these antics will help Palin in the 2012 GOP primary, guess
again. These stories don't tell voters that Palin has the smartest
energy policy or that she's been a more successful governor than
California's Arnold Schwarzenegger - they tell voters that Palin's
life is a nonstop soap opera.

Republicans who want to win back Washington would do well to look for
a winner. Not a victim.

Speaking of too much drama: I wish Newt Gingrich would just go away,
too.

It's not just his messy personal life and crash-and-burn House
speakership. It's his oral opportunism. One year, Gingrich is sharing
a public-service announcement two-shot with Democrat Nancy Pelosi that
warns about the dangers of global warming, the next year, he's
attacking "environmental extremism." The man will say anything to get
on TV. He is shameless.

The worst of it is, Gingrich is not the right's most shameless talking
head. That dubious honor belongs to Dick Morris, who turned on Bill
Clinton years ago, so now he's supposed to be a great political mind
on the right. That's right, he's our sleaze bucket.

How low the party of Monica jokes has fallen.

Why Sarah Palin isn't laughing
This is what David Letterman said on his show last week about Palin's
visit to New York:

"During the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex
Rodriguez."

"The toughest part of her visit was keeping Eliot Spitzer away from
her daughter."

To comment, e-mail Debra J. Saunders at
dsau...@sfchronicle.foreskindowntohisknees.com.

This article appeared on page A - 11 of the San Francisco Chronicle

Kate Gosselin -- "Katezilla!", "Keightzilla!"

http://i43.tinypic.com/1zg1ap.jpg

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zg1ap&s=5

Mason Barge

Jun 16, 2009, 9:24:25 AM6/16/09
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 23:26:18 -0700 (PDT), Taylor
<lukeb...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Enough of Sarah Palin, the victim
>Debra J. Saunders
>sfgate.com, ntvland.com
>
>Monday, June 15, 2009
>
>I wish Sarah Palin would just go away.
>
>During the 2008 presidential campaign, I wrote about the unfair
>personal treatment to which the political press corps subjected Palin
>and her children. Now I just want her to stop milking her role as GOP
>martyr. Palin should stick to her day job - by which I mean, governing
>Alaska, not being fodder for talk-show humor.

>Speaking of too much drama: I wish Newt Gingrich would just go away,
>too.

The Republicans are in full scale retreat and are going to stay that
way until they do what the Democrats did: get and promote some
rational, intelligent, dignified adults to front the party.

Things are so bad that they have Rush Limbaugh frequently mentioned as
a party spokesman!

Until they can supply some leaders to drown out Limbaugh, Newt
Gingrich, Sarah Palin, and Dick Cheney, the country is going to be run
on the one-party system, which has never worked out well.

BaJoRi

Jun 16, 2009, 4:40:28 PM6/16/09

"Taylor" <lukeb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Enough of Sarah Palin, the victim
> Debra J. Saunders
> sfgate.com, ntvland.com
>
> Monday, June 15, 2009

Wow. One of the most liberal rags in the country writes an article
expressing hatred for Palin.

I am just shocked.

mar...@earthlink.net

Jun 16, 2009, 10:50:05 PM6/16/09
On Jun 16, 1:40 pm, "BaJoRi" <baronjos...@aol.com> wrote:
> "Taylor" <lukebenw...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Debra Saunders is the token Republican on the Chronicle. But it does
seem sometimes like her cubicle is a little too close to the company
bong.

Not Sure

Jun 16, 2009, 10:55:24 PM6/16/09
On Jun 16, 6:24 am, Mason Barge <masonba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 23:26:18 -0700 (PDT), Taylor
>

> <lukebenw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Enough of Sarah Palin, the victim
> >Debra J. Saunders
> >sfgate.com, ntvland.com
>
> >Monday, June 15, 2009
>
> >I wish Sarah Palin would just go away.
>
> >During the 2008 presidential campaign, I wrote about the unfair
> >personal treatment to which the political press corps subjected Palin
> >and her children. Now I just want her to stop milking her role as GOP
> >martyr. Palin should stick to her day job - by which I mean, governing
> >Alaska, not being fodder for talk-show humor.
> >Speaking of too much drama: I wish Newt Gingrich would just go away,
> >too.
>
> The Republicans are in full scale retreat and are going to stay that
> way until they do what the Democrats did:  get and promote some
> rational, intelligent, dignified adults to front the party.

Since the Democrats have never done this, I think you might be
referring to a different country. Please indicate which one, TIA

> Things are so bad that they have Rush Limbaugh frequently mentioned as
> a party spokesman!
>
> Until they can supply some leaders to drown out Limbaugh, Newt
> Gingrich, Sarah Palin, and Dick Cheney, the country is going to be run

> on the one-party system, which has never worked out well.- Hide quoted text -

BaJoRi

Jun 17, 2009, 9:29:18 AM6/17/09

<mar...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Debra Saunders is to the Chronicle what Alan Colmes was to FoxNews: a
useless token punching bag from the other side.