Local LA weather girl

Linda Cauthen

Jun 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/13/98

LovesgS wrote:

> hey....what happened to the piece of ass Maria Genero on KABC?

As of last week, she was still on KABC. If she's not on right now, she
may have just gone on vacation.

Linda ASGTPR#49

LovesgS

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

LovesgS

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

Subject: Re: Local LA weather girl
From: Linda Cauthen <msl...@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, Jun 13, 1998 4:30 PM

LovesgS wrote:

> hey....what happened to the piece of ass Maria Genero on KABC?

As of last week, she was still on KABC. If she's not on right now, she may have
just gone on vacation.

No......according to Sam "I'm an remarkably uninformed Asshole and I am not
embaressed by going on TV" Rubin of Channel 5 (KTLA) she has been let go.
When she 1st came on she was hot. Then lost ALOT of weight (this fucking town,
and its image bullshit, I swear) and cut her hair.

Jayson Ca

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

What you call Sam Rubin is same thing I call Rod Lurie on KABC...with a small
change.....

Rod "I'm an remarkably uninformed Asshole and I am not
embaressed by going on radio" Lurie
Jayson
Jays...@aol.com

"Ladies and Gentlemen - This is CINERAMA!"

sus

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

Jayson Ca wrote:

> What you call Sam Rubin is same thing I call Rod Lurie on KABC...with a small
> change.....
>
> Rod "I'm an remarkably uninformed Asshole and I am not
> embaressed by going on radio" Lurie
> Jayson
> Jays...@aol.com

And I thought I was alone in thinking that Rod Lurie is
an asshole. How about adding arrogant and pretentious --
gawd, I really hope his "movie" fails miserably.

-sus

Pete Kivlen

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98
to msl...@earthlink.net

Linda Cauthen wrote:

> LovesgS wrote:
> >
> > hey....what happened to the piece of ass Maria Genero on KABC?
>
> As of last week, she was still on KABC. If she's not on right now, she
> may have just gone on vacation.
>
> Linda ASGTPR#49
That girl is fine

Theo Gluck

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

> "Ladies and Gentlemen - This is CINERAMA!"

so...did YOU make the sojourn to Dayton? Shame on you if you did not

Elise Levine

Jun 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/15/98

I don't know how many of you know this.. but back when Maria Genero first
came to LA, she was on Jay Leno... He was doing one of his "man on the
street" interviews and he went to this apartment building and was trying
to get people to let him in to their apartment and do something (I can't
remember what) and he interviewed them and what not... he came to her
door and was obviously taken with her, and asked what she did and
said she was the new weatherperson at KABC. It was pretty funny....
he hung out there awhile and helped her unpack or something....

Another bit of useless information brought to you by,

Elise
ASGTPR 2469

Pete Kivlen <pet...@pacbell.net> wrote in article
<358489...@pacbell.net>...

Jayson Ca

Jun 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/15/98

>>>so...did YOU make the sojourn to Dayton? Shame on you if you did not
<<<<

Nope. I kick myself everytime I read about the Neon cinema. Did you make it?

Jayson
Jays...@aol.com

romb...@my-dejanews.com

Jun 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/19/98

In article <35830B...@earthlink.net>,
msl...@earthlink.net wrote:

> As of last week, she was still on KABC. If she's not on right now, she
> may have just gone on vacation.

Sad to say, she is gone indeed. Her picture and bio was removed from the
KABC web site almost immediately. Oddly, you may recall the first weekend
night that she was gone one of the regular weekend anchors also did the
weather, the only time I have ever seen that happen on KABC, suggesting
something may have happened suddenly. I called both the KABC office who said
I had to speak to the newsroom, and when I called the newsroom, some man
cryptically said he could not comment on what had happened to Maria Genero.
(I thought someone would cheerfully say "She got a job in Portland" or
something like that.)

I want to agree with the other person who said she was much foxier when she
first joined KABC. But I think maybe six months ago she toned down her hair a
good deal.

Here is yet more trivia - her name can be anagramed thus:

Maria Genero -> One marriage

Tom Rombouts, Redondo Beach
romb...@compuserve.com

Michael L. Cunningham

Jun 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/19/98

romb...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> In article <35830B...@earthlink.net>,
> msl...@earthlink.net wrote:
>
> > As of last week, she was still on KABC. If she's not on right now, she
> > may have just gone on vacation.
>
> Sad to say, she is gone indeed. Her picture and bio was removed from the
> KABC web site almost immediately. Oddly, you may recall the first weekend
> night that she was gone one of the regular weekend anchors also did the
> weather, the only time I have ever seen that happen on KABC, suggesting
> something may have happened suddenly. I called both the KABC office who said
> I had to speak to the newsroom, and when I called the newsroom, some man
> cryptically said he could not comment on what had happened to Maria Genero.
> (I thought someone would cheerfully say "She got a job in Portland" or
> something like that.)
>
> I want to agree with the other person who said she was much foxier when she
> first joined KABC. But I think maybe six months ago she toned down her hair a
> good deal.

Personally, I thought she was a bit too made up! Her makeup was way too
thick and was covering up something. She had no sex appeal.

Michael

Theo Gluck

Jun 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/19/98

Michael L. Cunningham wrote:

Well I thought she was a regular cutie. Her departure just seemed so sudden and
unmentioned so you know there HAS to be story there somewhere

Linda Cauthen

Jun 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/19/98

I liked her, too. Wonder where she'll turn up next?

Linda ASGTPR#49

see...@lurker.com

Jun 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/23/98

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998 07:15:16 GMT, romb...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>In article <35830B...@earthlink.net>,
> msl...@earthlink.net wrote:
>
>> As of last week, she was still on KABC. If she's not on right now, she
>> may have just gone on vacation.
>
>Sad to say, she is gone indeed. Her picture and bio was removed from the
>KABC web site almost immediately.

Actually... ;-)

Maria Genero's {very limited} bio page is still there. Just the link,
from both the index page and the bio listing page, is gone. Probably
the result of a sloppy and/or lazy and/or *busy* webmaster. :)

The KABC main page is:

http://www.abcnews.com/local/kabc/index.html <--She's not there

The KABC bio listing page is:

http://www.abcnews.com/local/kabc/onair/index_bios.html <--Still can't
find her

Maria Genero's {very limited} bio page is:

http://www.abcnews.com/local/kabc/onair/bio_genero.html <--Ah, there
she is

I found her bio page by noticing the "naming structure" of the other
bio listings.

Of course I fail to see the significance of the info I just provided.
<g>

...been searching low and high...

toront...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2015, 9:20:58 AM2/4/15
Maria Genero is working on WGRZ in Buffalo N.Y.

connie....@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2015, 2:48:50 AM2/16/15
On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 9:20:58 AM UTC-5, toront...@gmail.com wrote:
> Maria Genero is working on WGRZ in Buffalo N.Y.

what a flop! she must have gone downhill to move from LA to buffalo

edwards...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2019, 6:20:44 PM4/9/19
Maria genero looks terrible. Is she sick?