Elisha Cuthbert Leads Chain of Resignations

Rick in Oz

May 27, 2004, 12:31:36 PM5/27/04
http://www.wokr13.tv/entertainment/story.aspx?content_id=FE4A57A3-3659-4776-
AB5C-A6A61F066B96

Elisha Cuthbert Leads Chain of Resignations at 24

Starlet Elisha Cuthbert has walked out of hit TV drama 24 so she can focus
on her solo career.

The 21-year-old, who plays Counter Terrorism Unit agent Kim Bauer, is the
latest in a chain of actors to have quit the show, including Reiko
Aylesworth and James Badge Dale - agents Michelle Dessler and Chase
Edmunds - as well as Carlos Bernard, who plays CTU boss Tony Almeida.

Actors Mary Lynn Rajskub, Zachary Quinto and Daniel Dae Kim are also
quitting the show.

Since 24 shot her to fame, Cuthbert has landed starring roles in Hollywood
movies The Girl Next Door, Old School and Love Actually.

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2004

From Sunny Oz, Rick :)
Proud Keeper of the talented & beautiful Halle Berry.

KazamaSmokers

Jun 1, 2004, 4:17:50 AM6/1/04

> Since 24 shot her to fame, Cuthbert has landed starring roles in Hollywood
> movies The Girl Next Door, Old School and Love Actually.

She was in "Old School" for all of 5 minutes.

Alex

Jun 1, 2004, 7:52:34 AM6/1/04
"KazamaSmokers" <hunt...@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht

> > Since 24 shot her to fame, Cuthbert has landed starring roles in Hollywood
> > movies The Girl Next Door, Old School and Love Actually.
> >

> She was in "Old School" for all of 5 minutes.

She is really pretty, really young and perhaps talented - but
how often haven't we seen ok actors walk away from
hit shows, because they _think_ they have something
better to do, and end up in oblivion?

Tom Selleck from Magnum P.I.
David Duchovny from The X-Files.
Linda Purl from Matlock.
Robert Urich from Spenser: For Hire.
Michael Praed from Robin Of Sherwood.

They always think they should quit at the hight
of their popularity, and then end up never to be heard of again.

Alex

ANIM8Rfsk

Jun 1, 2004, 8:58:48 AM6/1/04
<< From: "Alex" avdeele...@wanadoo.nl >>

<< how often haven't we seen ok actors walk away from
hit shows, because they _think_ they have something
better to do, and end up in oblivion? >>

<< Tom Selleck from Magnum P.I. >>

After 7 years. And he's not in oblivion yet.

<< Linda Purl from Matlock. >>

Did she walk away herself? Matlock seemed to have a revolving supporting cast.

<< Robert Urich from Spenser: For Hire. >>

Did Urich walk away from Spenser? It was on 3 years. Wasn't it cancelled out
from under him, like his other shows?

<< They always think they should quit at the hight
of their popularity, and then end up never to be heard of again. >>

IMDb lists over 50 credits for Urich after the Spenser series, including almost
a dozen TV series and 4 Spenser movies.

Jason Lane

Jun 1, 2004, 11:46:33 AM6/1/04
On 1 Jun 2004 01:17:50 -0700, hunt...@earthlink.net (KazamaSmokers)
wrotd:

>> Since 24 shot her to fame, Cuthbert has landed starring roles in Hollywood
>> movies The Girl Next Door, Old School and Love Actually.
>>

>She was in "Old School" for all of 5 minutes.

And Girl Next Door was a total flop.

E Varden

Jun 1, 2004, 12:08:57 PM6/1/04
Jason Lane wrote:

> >She was in "Old School" for all of 5 minutes.
>
> And Girl Next Door was a total flop.

Not her fault.

Stay on topic.

Pe

Raqui

Jun 1, 2004, 3:09:56 PM6/1/04

"E Varden" <jp...@munge.vif.com> wrote in message

YOU stay on topic, and it WAS her fault.

> Pe

Jeffrey Murdock

Jun 1, 2004, 11:05:56 PM6/1/04
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:52:34 +0200, "Alex" <avdeele...@wanadoo.nl>
wrote:

>Michael Praed from Robin Of Sherwood.

Wasn't he in the short-lived Secret Adventures of Jules Verne?
--
Jeff Murdock

You are only as old as the women you feel.

ANIM8Rfsk

Jun 2, 2004, 10:56:59 AM6/2/04
<< From: Jeffrey Murdock Jeff_Mur...@nospam.yahoo.com >>

<< >Michael Praed from Robin Of Sherwood.

Wasn't he in the short-lived Secret Adventures of Jules Verne? >>

As Phileas Fogg. I wonder if anybody thought to invite him to the premiere of
the new Around the World in Eighty Days?

Jeffrey Murdock

Jun 3, 2004, 12:04:15 AM6/3/04
On 02 Jun 2004 14:56:59 GMT, anim...@aol.comNOSPAM (ANIM8Rfsk)
wrote:

Yes, that would have been fitting.

Toni

Jun 25, 2004, 2:22:56 AM6/25/04
wrote:

>"KazamaSmokers" <hunt...@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht

>> > Since 24 shot her to fame, Cuthbert has landed starring roles in Hollywood
>> > movies The Girl Next Door, Old School and Love Actually.

>> She was in "Old School" for all of 5 minutes.

About right and I can't place her in "Love Actually" at all
and I own the DVD, might check out for her when I rewatch it sometime.
I enjoyed "The Girl Next Door," even if it was a very uneven
movie. But I doubt that it did any good sales.

>She is really pretty, really young and perhaps talented - but
>how often haven't we seen ok actors walk away from
>hit shows, because they _think_ they have something
>better to do, and end up in oblivion?

To be honest, she just comes across as just another blonde
actress. Saw a poster of her in "The Girl Next Door", Kate Hudson in
"Raising Helen" and Hilary Duff in that Dozen movie and they looked
all the same to me. Unless they have some real talent, they all look
interchangable. Will her looks be enough? I doubt it. There are a
lot of very attractive actresses in Hollywood and unless they have
real talent, they are only as good as their looks last.

>Tom Selleck from Magnum P.I.
>David Duchovny from The X-Files.
>Linda Purl from Matlock.
>Robert Urich from Spenser: For Hire.
>Michael Praed from Robin Of Sherwood.
>
>They always think they should quit at the hight
>of their popularity, and then end up never to be heard of again.

You forgot the grand pooba of them all, David Caruso. Now
there is someone who bombed after leaving his hit TV show.

=== You're reading the words of Toni ===
We shall see to which one the Olympian grants the glory.
Email: ta...@mail.NYETSPAMcom (sub the NYETSPAM for guess what? :)

Jeffy3

Jun 25, 2004, 9:46:56 AM6/25/04
Toni <ta...@mail.NYETSPAMcom> wrote in message

> About right and I can't place her in "Love Actually" at all
> and I own the DVD, might check out for her when I rewatch it sometime.

She was one of the girls in the bar that picks up that naive English
guy when he gets to America.

Toni

Jun 25, 2004, 8:57:44 PM6/25/04

Hmmm ,,, probably explains a lot. Hard to spot her out
amongst the hordes of other Hollywood actresses. At least Denise
Richards I can spot right away, she has that typical chipmunk look,
very American.
That scene was so funny, because it happens to me all the
time. Whenever I travel I have a very attractive assistant, who has
this rich french carribean accent. She always turns heads in the US,
when she speaks. Mind you, she tends to do that everywhere :-)
I have a very basic kiwi accent, but I can change my voice to
match the a few others. When I am trying to sound cultured and
"professional" I sound very English. Good enough to be considered
very seriously for voiceover work, but I never saw myself as an actor.
Doesn't pay very regular IMHO.
I can go to a bar and easily end up in a situation where I am
at a table with several women and they are all laughing at my accent..
It gets even worse if I end up off the beaten track and I can't help
myself when it comes to those bar and grill places. Though I do pay
for all that steak and ribs, when I get back home.