John Mahoney on Frasier....gay?

Joe Novotny

Feb 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/24/98

Can anyone confirm that actor John Mahoney (who plays Frasier's father)
is gay? I heard this from a friend but wasn't sure.

Sarah Weinman

Feb 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/24/98

Joe Novotny wrote:

> Can anyone confirm that actor John Mahoney (who plays Frasier's father)
> is gay? I heard this from a friend but wasn't sure.

Old news.

Sarah

David Migicovsky

Feb 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/24/98

Joe Novotny wrote in message <34F32848...@mail.house.gov>...

>Can anyone confirm that actor John Mahoney (who plays Frasier's father)
>is gay? I heard this from a friend but wasn't sure.

I believe the official ASG position is that he is indeed gay, as are David
Hyde Pierce, Dan Butler and the food critic guy. Kelsey Grammer and Moose
(Eddie) are the only cast members who don't prefer men, although Moose has
probably humped a few male legs in his time.

| David Migicovsky, d m i g i c o v at a r a c n e t dot n e t
| All the caring, sharing, Stoli-enhanced links are at:
| www.yahoo.com/Society_and_Culture/Cyberculture/alt_culture_fabulous/
| Experience Stylesheets Over Substance: www.aracnet.net/~dmigicov

Matt

Feb 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/24/98

>I believe the official ASG position is that he is indeed gay, as are David
>Hyde Pierce, Dan Butler and the food critic guy. Kelsey Grammer and Moose
>(Eddie) are the only cast members who don't prefer men, although Moose has
>probably humped a few male legs in his time.

The John Mahoney thing is news to me but David Hyde Pierce's
homosexuality has been pretty well exposed. Did everyone see the
picture in People magazine of him in drag?

Matt

Lee Weiser

Feb 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/24/98

In article <34F32848...@mail.house.gov> Joe Novotny <Joe.N...@mail.house.gov> writes:

>Can anyone confirm that actor John Mahoney (who plays Frasier's father)
>is gay? I heard this from a friend but wasn't sure.

Consider it confirmed.

--Lee

Ellis-D

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

>I believe the official ASG position is that he is indeed gay, as are David
>Hyde Pierce, Dan Butler and the food critic guy. Kelsey Grammer and Moose
>(Eddie) are the only cast members who don't prefer men, although Moose has
>probably humped a few male legs in his time.

Hate to burst the bubble on this conversation, but the man who plays Moose,
is the only self-confirmed gay man on the show.

Dirk...

Zz12345678

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

Ellis-D wrote:
>"but the man who plays Moose,
>is the only self-confirmed gay man on the show."

I'm really surprised that they could find an actor small enough to fit in that
teeny-tiny dog suit. That staring gag kills me. Man that guy can really act.
Hollywood, really is all about magic! I can confirm however that Dan Butler who
plays Bulldog is an "out" gay actor.
Zz

David Migicovsky

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

Zz12345678 wrote in message
<19980226120...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

>Ellis-D wrote:
>>"but the man who plays Moose,
>>is the only self-confirmed gay man on the show."
>
>I'm really surprised that they could find an actor small enough to fit in
that
>teeny-tiny dog suit. That staring gag kills me. Man that guy can really
act.
>Hollywood, really is all about magic!
>Zz

Nah, the dog is animatronic. For the staring, they just cut the power. As
for playing him, it's sort of the way they say Frank Oz played Yoda. Not
actually inside the thing, but working the controls and providing the voice.

The talented gay performer is someone named George Clooney, best known for
his portrayal of the gay dog on South Park.

David Migicovsky

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

Ellis-D wrote in message <34f53...@ntnews.compusmart.ab.ca>...

>>I believe the official ASG position is that he is indeed gay, as are David
>>Hyde Pierce, Dan Butler and the food critic guy. Kelsey Grammer and Moose
>>(Eddie) are the only cast members who don't prefer men, although Moose has
>>probably humped a few male legs in his time.
>

>Hate to burst the bubble on this conversation, but the man who plays Moose,

>is the only self-confirmed gay man on the show.
>
>Dirk...

Dirk, darling... there is no character named Moose. Moose is the name of the
dog who plays Eddie. Both Dan Butler (Bulldog) and the man who plays food
critic Gil Chesterton are openly gay, as are co-executive producer Joe
Keenan and exec. producer David Lee.

Besides, in any event, we were not talking about who is *openly* gay. Being
a gossip group, the sexual orientation of people who are openly gay is
rarely discussed.

Rick Rashid

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 02:05:29 -0700, "Ellis-D"
<del...@compusmart.ab.ca> wrote:

>>I believe the official ASG position is that he is indeed gay, as are David
>>Hyde Pierce, Dan Butler and the food critic guy. Kelsey Grammer and Moose
>>(Eddie) are the only cast members who don't prefer men, although Moose has
>>probably humped a few male legs in his time.
>

>Hate to burst the bubble on this conversation, but the man who plays Moose,
>is the only self-confirmed gay man on the show.
>
>Dirk...

Dan Butler would disagree with you, Dirk.

Rick Rashid

GossipHo

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

>> Can anyone confirm that actor John Mahoney (who plays Frasier's father)
>> is gay? I heard this from a friend but wasn't sure.
>
>Old news.

No, OLD QUEEN.

Eden Cooter, the trailer trash formerly known as "ASGossipHo."
First a President that doesn't inhale. Now an intern that doesn't swallow. What
next?

David Migicovsky

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

GossipHo wrote in message <19980226223...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>>> Can anyone confirm that actor John Mahoney (who plays Frasier's father)
>>> is gay? I heard this from a friend but wasn't sure.
>>
>>Old news.
>
>No, OLD QUEEN.

I know I am, but what are you?

David, pretty sure that's not the way it's supposed to work.

Penguin0

Mar 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/6/98

>"David Migicovsky" <dmig...@see.sig> said

>Both Dan Butler (Bulldog) and the man who plays food
>critic Gil Chesterton are openly gay, as are co-executive producer Joe
>Keenan and exec. producer David Lee.

I saw Dan Butler as the Grand Marshal(l?) of the NYC Gay Pride Parade a few
years back, when he was doing his one-man show in the Village. He was already
on Frasier then.

Christine
(blown away by that parade....didn't know there were so many of US)

zing...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2014, 3:11:02 AM6/5/14
On Tuesday, February 24, 1998 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Joe Novotny wrote:
> Can anyone confirm that actor John Mahoney (who plays Frasier's father)
> is gay? I heard this from a friend but wasn't sure.

yeah i think he is.

Robert Love

Jun 5, 2014, 10:31:38 PM6/5/14
Every male actor on Fraiser except Frasier was gay. All the men at
the radio station, even 'Bulldog', Niles, the father.

tracyro...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2014, 3:02:49 AM6/27/14
All the men on Frasier are gay, as are all the men who've posted here....lol

dixiec...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2017, 1:27:51 AM1/19/17
I'm more blown away that google existed in 1998 than finding out he's gay & English.

jt...@swbell.net

Feb 6, 2018, 8:38:31 PM2/6/18
On Tuesday, February 24, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Joe Novotny wrote:
> Can anyone confirm that actor John Mahoney (who plays Frasier's father)
> is gay? I heard this from a friend but wasn't sure.

yes, i have communication from him confirming he being gay