1 Week RIP List(6): EdMcMahon, FarrahFawcett/MichaelJackon, GaleStorm, BillyMays/FredTravalena

Taylor

Jun 29, 2009, 7:56:07 AM6/29/09
In chronological order:

EdMcMahon - June 23, 2009

FarrahFawcett/MichaelJackon (same day) - June 25, 2009

GaleStorm - June 27, 2009

BillyMays/FredTravalena (same day) - June 28, 2009

---

Entertainment

PostChronicle, NTVLand

Published: Jun 28, 2009

Billy Mays is dead. First it was the death of late night TV sidekick
Ed McMahon. Then it was the most popular of all Charlie's Angels,
Farrah Fawcett, followed by the death of the King Of Pop, Michael
Jackson.

Now, TV pitchman Billy Mays dies as well.

What in sam-hell is going on?

First: Ed McMahon, a fixture on U.S. late-night television for 30
years as the full-throated announcer and sidekick for Johnny Carson on
NBC's "The Tonight Show," died on Tuesday at age 86, his spokesman
said. Read more about it here. Read more about it here.

Second: Actress Farrah Fawcett, the "Charlie's Angels" television star
whose big smile and feathered blond mane made her one of the reigning
sex symbols of the 1970s, died on Thursday after a long battle with
cancer. She was 62. Read more about it here.

Third: Michael Jackson suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this
afternoon at his Holby Hills, California home just after 12:20pm. The
50-year-old Jackson reportedly collapsed at his home and was dead when
EMTs arrived. Read more about it here.

Fourth: Billy Mays was the 50 Year-Old television pitchman who
rocketed to fame by appearing on commercials and infomercials
promoting household products such as OxiClean, Orange Glo and Kaboom!
According to FOX news reports Sunday, Mays was found unresponsive by
his wife inside his Tampa, Fla., home at approximately 7:45 a.m. on
Sunday. Read more about it here.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/entertainment/article_212240347.shtml

Christopher Helms

Jun 29, 2009, 8:00:57 AM6/29/09
On Jun 29, 6:56 am, Taylor <micros...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In chronological order:
>
> EdMcMahon - June 23, 2009
>
> FarrahFawcett/MichaelJackon (same day) - June 25, 2009
>
> GaleStorm - June 27, 2009
>
> BillyMays/FredTravalena (same day) - June 28, 2009
>
> ---
>
> Entertainment
>
> PostChronicle, NTVLand
>
> Published: Jun 28, 2009
>
> Billy Mays is dead. First it was the death of late night TV sidekick
> Ed McMahon. Then it was the most popular of all Charlie's Angels,
> Farrah Fawcett, followed by the death of the King Of Pop, Michael
> Jackson.
>
> Now, TV pitchman Billy Mays dies as well.
>
> What in sam-hell is going on?

Well, Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett were very sick, Michael Jackson
was hooked on drugs and Billy Mays got hit in the head.

Lars Eighner

Jun 29, 2009, 8:01:06 AM6/29/09
In our last episode,
<ebe0f4e2-a20f-4459...@l28g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
the lovely and talented Taylor
broadcast on alt.obituaries:

> In chronological order:

> EdMcMahon - June 23, 2009

> FarrahFawcett/MichaelJackon (same day) - June 25, 2009

> GaleStorm - June 27, 2009

I thought she died years ago. Wow.

--
Lars Eighner <http://larseighner.com/> September 5781, 1993
159 days since Rick Warren prayed over Bush's third term.

Taylor

Jun 29, 2009, 8:04:45 AM6/29/09
On Jun 29, 8:01 am, Lars Eighner <use...@larseighner.com> wrote:
> In our last episode,
> <ebe0f4e2-a20f-4459-93d7-ed09e5fd7...@l28g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

Using McMahon's expiry date, we still have all day Tuesday before the
entire week is up. Let's see if Patrick Swayze can hold on. Oh.
Speaking of holding on to one's self... David Carradine died with rope
around his neck on one end and around his genitals on the other end on
June 3, 2009.

What will July bring us? Chris Brown falls into an active volcano????
lol

Charlie

Jun 29, 2009, 8:20:10 AM6/29/09

How does Liz Taylor still hang on? Or Joan Rivers? Why oh why Billy
Mays? I'll miss his screaming at me when he was on TV. It's amazing
how some of these stars that are near deaths door step hang on...I
guess they know what faces them when they do die.

Message has been deleted

R H Draney

Jun 29, 2009, 11:24:02 AM6/29/09
Taylor filted:

>Using McMahon's expiry date, we still have all day Tuesday before the
>entire week is up. Let's see if Patrick Swayze can hold on. Oh.
>Speaking of holding on to one's self... David Carradine died with rope
>around his neck on one end and around his genitals on the other end on
>June 3, 2009.
>
>What will July bring us? Chris Brown falls into an active volcano????
>lol

He didn't fall; he was *pushed*!...r

--
A pessimist sees the glass as half empty.
An optometrist asks whether you see the glass

The Might T.B.

Jun 29, 2009, 12:30:21 PM6/29/09
Aren't about due to join the list, likely from suffocating on a box of
twinkies?

Taylor

Jun 29, 2009, 1:19:01 PM6/29/09
Is Susan "turkey neck" Lucci still walking amongst us? :-D Or did she
kick the bucket, too? Still all day Monday and Tuesday to go before
the Ed McMahon "death week" ends officially.

Anthony Allende

Jun 29, 2009, 2:12:25 PM6/29/09

"Christopher Helms" <Chrish...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You mean people die? Geez, I didn't know that.

Louis Epstein

Jun 29, 2009, 4:51:34 PM6/29/09
In alt.obituaries Taylor <lukeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
: Is Susan "turkey neck" Lucci still walking amongst us? :-D Or did she

: kick the bucket, too? Still all day Monday and Tuesday to go before
: the Ed McMahon "death week" ends officially.

Have people given up on Keith Richards?

-=-=-

Rob Jensen

Jun 29, 2009, 4:52:06 PM6/29/09
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:01:06 +0000 (UTC), Lars Eighner
<use...@larseighner.com> wrote:

>In our last episode,
><ebe0f4e2-a20f-4459...@l28g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
>the lovely and talented Taylor
>broadcast on alt.obituaries:
>
>> In chronological order:
>
>> EdMcMahon - June 23, 2009
>
>> FarrahFawcett/MichaelJackon (same day) - June 25, 2009
>
>> GaleStorm - June 27, 2009
>
>I thought she died years ago. Wow.

That's what I was wondering, and I then I realized that I was thinking
of the late Gale Gordon, Lucille Ball's male sidekick in her later
years.

-- Rob

Lars Eighner

Jun 29, 2009, 5:19:37 PM6/29/09
In our last episode, <iaai45hshebi2fteg...@4ax.com>, the
lovely and talented Rob Jensen broadcast on alt.obituaries:

I was so over Lucy by that time. I remember him for Our Miss Brooks. Maybe
it was Eve Arden (died c 1990) I was thinking of.

--
Lars Eighner <http://larseighner.com/> September 5781, 1993

160 days since Rick Warren prayed over Bush's third term.

Learn from others

Jun 29, 2009, 5:19:56 PM6/29/09
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It started with ObaMa / The strange Saga of M

Michelle Obama

ed Mc Mahon

Michael

farah fawcett Majors

Billy Mays

My Little Margie ( Gail StorM )

and the others in the news

Mark Sanford & Maria
Marie Pressley and finally ....
bernie Madoff

Learn from others

Jun 29, 2009, 5:22:16 PM6/29/09
On Jun 29, 5:56�am, Taylor <micros...@gmail.com> wrote:

I neglected to include F red Travalena & F arah F awcett
Majors

Message has been deleted

suzee

Jun 29, 2009, 6:37:36 PM6/29/09

No, he died last Sunday or Monday. So the week is already up.

R H Draney

Jun 29, 2009, 7:04:41 PM6/29/09
Louis Epstein filted:

>In alt.obituaries Taylor <lukeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>: Is Susan "turkey neck" Lucci still walking amongst us? :-D Or did she
>: kick the bucket, too? Still all day Monday and Tuesday to go before
>: the Ed McMahon "death week" ends officially.
>
>Have people given up on Keith Richards?

The smart money sure has...the dude's clearly immortal, so the heck with
him....r

Message has been deleted

Charlene

Jun 29, 2009, 10:38:16 PM6/29/09
On Jun 29, 7:00 am, Christopher Helms <Chrishelms...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Billy Mays is dead. First it was the death of late night TV sidekick
> > Ed McMahon. Then it was the most popular of all Charlie's Angels,
> > Farrah Fawcett, followed by the death of the King Of Pop, Michael
> > Jackson.
>
> > Now, TV pitchman Billy Mays dies as well.
>
> > What in sam-hell is going on?

I like today's LOL Celeb: "They say that celebrities die in
threes...but trust Billy Mays to throw in an extra AT NO ADDITIONAL
COST."

wd45

trotsky

Jun 30, 2009, 8:46:47 AM6/30/09

Actually, I think his last words were "AND IF YOU CALL WITHIN THE NEXT
FIFTEEN MINUTES I'LL DIE TOO."

Taylor

Jun 30, 2009, 11:44:43 AM6/30/09
I'd like to know about those "free bonuses if you pay S&H". Say I buy
a bunch of that super-strength Silly Putty and I get "free bonus"
super sharp scissors to cut it to the exact length... just pay S&H
(how they GOUGE you!). Can I say no? Maybe I don't WANT a 2nd Mighty
Auger. Am I *forced* to accept it and pay the additional shipping and
handling charge, or can I go say "F.U." and reject their "generous"
offer?

If the answer is no, the FTC should really get on that and make such
forced acceptance illegal.

Billy Mays was a crook. Why I don't wish him dead, I wouldn't exactly
cry a river if The Video Professor croaked next.

Turban Joe Balasootoe

Jun 30, 2009, 12:56:41 PM6/30/09
On Jun 29, 6:20 pm, "A" <a...@att.net> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> "Learn from others" <morton...@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:62b1cb1d-5ee2-47a8...@r16g2000vbn.googlegroups.com...
> > afternoon at his Holby Hills, California home just after 12:20pm. ?The

> > 50-year-old Jackson reportedly collapsed at his home and was dead when
> > EMTs arrived. Read more about it here.
>
> > Fourth: Billy Mays was the 50 Year-Old television pitchman who
> > rocketed to fame by appearing on commercials and infomercials
> > promoting household products such as OxiClean, Orange Glo and Kaboom!
> > According to FOX news reports Sunday, Mays was found unresponsive by
> > his wife inside his Tampa, Fla., home at approximately 7:45 a.m. on
> > Sunday. Read more about it here.
>
> >http://www.postchronicle.com/news/entertainment/article_212240347.shtml
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>  It  started with ObaMa /  The strange Saga of  M
>
> Michelle  Obama
>
> ed Mc Mahon
>
> Michael
>
> farah fawcett  Majors
>
> Billy Mays
>
> My Little Margie  ( Gail StorM )
>
> and the others in the news
>
> Mark  Sanford  &  Maria
> Marie  Pressley  and finally ....
> bernie  Madoff
>
> Good thing Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris are long gone, and didn't see this.- Hide quoted text -

(M)ousavi (is still I-ran-ing) vs KhaMeni

William George Ferguson

Jun 30, 2009, 1:12:57 PM6/30/09

In Mays case, the M.E. has ruled he died of heart failure caused by
long-term heart disease. The getting hit on the head a couple of days
earlier was apparently an unrelated coincidence.

People do die, and no mystery necessarily surrounds that. McMahon,
Fawcett, Travelana, and Mays all died from pre-existing medical conditions
for which they were under treatment, while Storm was 87 and in a
convalescent home when she died. Jackson certainly had pre-existing
medical conditions, most notably vitiligo and lupus, we'll probably hear
more about whether any of them contributed to, or led to, his death when
the autopsy results are made public.

--
"Oh Buffy, you really do need to have
every square inch of your ass kicked."