who killed ALEXA Kenin?

connie rahim

Aug 29, 2002, 8:24:15 PM8/29/02
grem...@aol.comdiespam (Gremmie 99) wrote in message news:<20020827220233...@mb-cn.aol.com>...

> >According to IMDB she was murdered by her boyfriend (although the cast of
> >Pretty in Pink was told she died from asthma complications).

See, that's just so goddamn weird, that the explanations would be so
divergent and that so little information would come out. If it were a
suspected homicide, you'd think there'd be more of a stink about it
and that her family would try to have the boyfriend named and at least
tried.

It'd be quite a clever murder if the boyfriend made it LOOK like an
asthma-related death.

connie rahim

Aug 31, 2002, 2:25:20 PM8/31/02
tess...@aol.com (Tessally) wrote in message news:<20020830163852...@mb-mp.aol.com>...
> >From: connie....@spamgourmet.com (connie rahim)
> >> I was a patient of her father's some years ago. It came up very briefly that
> he had a daughter who died from drugs. I didn't press the issue, of course, as
> it was too horribly sad. He didn't indicate how the death occurred or what
> sort of drugs or anything else in the way of details. But I don't think, from
> the way he spoke, that murder was suspected.

Ah, thanks for this invaluable update. That's why there was no family
uproar to have some murdering boyfriend arrested. The 1980s were a
period of casual cocaine use by celebrities.

It sounds to me as if some confused people conflated the death of
Alexa Kenin with that of her fellow brunette Dominique Dunne, who was
indeed murdered by her useless, stalking ex-boyfriend John Sweeney.
He has since changed his name and is probably a restaurant chef
somewhere in the West.

connie rahim

Aug 31, 2002, 3:35:26 PM8/31/02
theresa <emil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news>
> Didn't Charlotte Coleman die from asthma as well?

true, she did.

Message has been deleted

ANIM8Rfsk

Aug 27, 2002, 4:08:33 PM8/27/02
<< even the web has amazingly little information on HOW she died--an OD, a
homicide, an accidental fall? >>

google search, second hit:

"Died September 10, 1985 (killed by a "fan" because she refused to talk to
him)."

http://www.parcomp-inc.com/spages/x_S9E009JX1.asp?name=Alexa%20Kenin

of course, 2 hits later:
~Jon Cryer, on Alexa Kenin: "There are several sorts of mysteries about her
death. At the time, we were told she had an allergic reaction to an asthma
inhaler. But I heard years later that she had actually been beaten by her
boyfriend or something like that. To this day, I don't know exactly what
happened." (Source: The '80s Server)

go figure

Jill Singletary

Aug 27, 2002, 5:21:09 PM8/27/02

"drexler, andreas" <gl...@mtolympus.ari.net> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> she's the starlet (1962-1985) who played ringwald's buddy in pretty in
> pink. the film is dedicated to her in the finishing credits.

> even the web has amazingly little information on HOW she died--an OD, a
> homicide, an accidental fall? has anybody even seen a press story on her
> death?

I have always wondered also but always forget to ask this group. She was
also in Little Darlings (much heavier than in Pretty in Pink).

Jill

Gremmie 99

Aug 27, 2002, 10:02:33 PM8/27/02
>>> even the web has amazingly little information on HOW she died--an OD, a
>>> homicide, an accidental fall? has anybody even seen a press story on her
>>> death?
>
>> I have always wondered also but always forget to ask this group. She was
>> also in Little Darlings (much heavier than in Pretty in Pink).
>
>According to IMDB she was murdered by her boyfriend (although the cast of
>Pretty in Pink was told she died from asthma complications).

Here are her credits from IMDB..

Actress - filmography
(1980s) (1970s)

Animal Behavior (1989) .... Sheila Sandusky
Pretty in Pink (1986) .... Jena
Princess Daisy (1983) (TV) .... Kiki Kavanaugh
Honkytonk Man (1982) .... Marlene
Piano for Mrs. Cimino, A (1982) (TV) .... Karen Cimino
Word of Honor (1981) (TV) .... Beverly
Little Darlings (1980) .... Dana
Perfect Match, A (1980) (TV) .... Angel

Movie Star's Daughter, A (1979) (TV) .... Gerri
"Co-ed Fever" (1979) TV Series .... Mousie
"Word, The" (1978) (mini) TV Series .... Judy Randall
Amazing Cosmic Awareness of Duffy Moon, The (1976) (TV) .... Boots McAfee
House Without a Christmas Tree, The (1972) (TV) .... Carla Mae

Notable TV guest appearances

"Facts of Life, The" (1979) playing "Jesse" in episode: "New York, New York"
(episode # 3.19) 3/3/1982
"Too Close for Comfort" (1980)

Tessally

Aug 30, 2002, 4:38:52 PM8/30/02
>From: connie....@spamgourmet.com (connie rahim)
>Date: Thu, Aug 29, 2002 8:24 PM

I was a patient of her father's some years ago. It came up very briefly that

he had a daughter who died from drugs. I didn't press the issue, of course, as
it was too horribly sad. He didn't indicate how the death occurred or what
sort of drugs or anything else in the way of details. But I don't think, from

the way he spoke, that murder was suspected. It's possible it could have been
an asthma attack brought on by drugs, I suppose. I had no idea until I read
this thread that his daughter was a noted actress.

Tessa

theresa

Aug 30, 2002, 9:39:11 PM8/30/02

Didn't Charlotte Coleman die from asthma as well?

PStaw57550

Aug 31, 2002, 4:40:44 PM8/31/02
I have checked every newspaper and search index I could find and honestly no
matter what happened to her there was almost no press. If she had died at the
hands of a fan/stalker/bf you would think that the trial would make some major
press as had been the case in the past with stalked and killed celebs..

mikes wife

Aug 31, 2002, 10:01:15 PM8/31/02

> Didn't Charlotte Coleman die from asthma as well?

Supposedly it was an asthma attack, however, she was also very
anorexic.. if you do an images.google.com search, you'll see a pic of
her from 1998, she was very thin and scrawny looking..

nalasp...@aol.com

Dec 16, 2013, 3:16:05 PM12/16/13
I would hope she'd be thin and scrawny looking in 1998-she'd been dead for 13 years!

bunnyf...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2014, 10:51:15 PM3/22/14
Really? She died in 2001. Where do get your info?

A Friend

Jun 6, 2014, 2:28:35 AM6/6/14
Alexa Kenin sadly died of an unintentional drug overdose. The one post in this thread about the writer knowing her father, and him indicating that he lost a child to Drugs.. is right on. Alexa was his only child, although her mom (divorced from the father ) had 2 younger daughters, Alexa's half sisters. She was a wonderful person.

smitte...@gmail.com

May 10, 2015, 11:52:18 AM5/10/15
Actually, no, she died September 10, 1985.

jennife...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2015, 4:25:01 AM6/2/15
Rot in hell bitch u got what u deserved Cuntrag

jennife...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2015, 4:26:33 AM6/2/15
Cunt deserved to die how dare she do drugs her fault her parents divorced

bolt...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2015, 10:13:04 AM6/16/15
They are talking about Charlotte Coleman. She died in 2001.

bolt...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2015, 10:15:59 AM6/16/15
Alexa did but the person was talking about Charlotte Coleman. She died in 2001.
Message has been deleted

1r8d...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2017, 4:11:52 AM8/6/17
Mike's Wife, if Alexa passed away in 1985, how can you see a picture of her from 1998? And I'm sure she looked really thin by then.

karina....@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2017, 1:00:53 AM12/9/17
This makes sense..if she had been murdered by her boyfriend there would have been a trial. There would be no way that could be hidden. However, her there is usually an element of truth somewhere so her boyfriend was likely involved..the cast of pretty in pink were probably told a partial truth. I mean who wants to announce their daughter was into drugs. Either way a tragic waste of life..the year is now 2017 and theres still little info available.

karina....@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2017, 1:15:07 AM12/9/17
Such a tragic loss. I watch Pretty in Pink alot as its a favourite of mine & each time i see it i cant help thinking who she might have become. She showed alot of potential. Every now & then i do a google search to see if any new info shows up..so glad i found this & thanks for the confirmation..it sounds like u knew her 😞

gator...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2018, 12:53:48 AM4/20/18
Saw her in a pic with Clint Eastwood. Looked her up
Because I thought she was a real cutie, and wondered what else she did. Saw she died over 33 years ago. Watched the clips and remembered seeing her in Pretty in Pink, thought she was great. Then in a cheesy part in Facts of Life. She was one of the characters old tough girl friends. I remembered seeing that part.

Such a shame she died, she was special. At least to my younger eyes.

vind...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2018, 9:48:12 PM6/5/18
She died in 1985 and in 1986 Pretty in Pink was released and there is a dedication to her in the end credits.

joannv...@live.com

Jul 17, 2018, 5:45:13 PM7/17/18
Im not sure my aunt and my aunts neighbors know who she is but I don't but just saying, one of the co stars probably beat her ass, or parents probably slapped her to death for using profanity on the film, or fan probably beat her up, or she probably was a drug user idk that cigarette she smoked probably killed her if she had asthma in the first place why the fuck smoke idk!?

joannv...@live.com

Jul 17, 2018, 8:08:12 PM7/17/18
It's probably bullshit, because a woman on the untold story of dodgeball on the girls scouts scene a girl with Jean jacket on with blonde hair dyed blonde any way, and it look just like the girl y'all talking about because back in those days my father used to live in new York in his 20s when he used to work in a fish restaurant in the 80s and he said he heard about it and said it was horse shit, my aunt thought it was true so my aunt knows who she was caus she saw her death on tv she said.

dianeb...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2019, 7:44:03 PM1/19/19
Hate to be the grammar police but damn !

ladygrinn...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2020, 4:43:54 PM2/9/20
Lol... yeeeah, um, some of these comments are scaring me. Not so much the ones using poor grammar, but the disrespectful comments calling her “the c word”. Could those be deleted, please? I’m not familiar with google groups; I just found this post googling Alexa. I’m not sure how she passed... but she sure was an amazing actress. Rest In Peace, Miss Alexa. <3