FCI 7200 Fire Panel

James B

Feb 8, 2011, 10:53:10 PM2/8/11
Does anyone here now how to run autoconfig on this panel? When I try
to run it I get an "access denied" message. The 7200 program manual
says to log in with the level 4 code to run the config program. I
have done this, but once it starts the autoconfig about 2 seconds
later it comes up with access denied.

One thing I noticed is the user codes are only 2 digits and the manual
says they should be 6, so I think its a 7200 Micro control but im not
sure. I contacted a local FCI dealer "the original installer" and
they told me the panel is no longer made and they are not sure they
have a tech that knows how to program it still. They did say they
would send one out and quoted me 10 hours @135 per hour. I am only
trying to add 1 monitor module to the system. The current system only
has 5 points on it now. Needles to say the dealer isnt intrested in
such a small task, or helping me out.

Can anyone tell me the correct procedure for running autoconifg?

James

Frank Kurz

Feb 9, 2011, 2:58:19 AM2/9/11

There are two possible scenarios here.

1. You haven't entered the correct password (which is weird because it
should boot you out immediately), or

2. You haven't followed the correct sequence to get into
auto-configure. Are you trying to enter programming from the SCU or do
you have a KDU/KDU-L?

--
Frank Kurz
www.firetechs.net

James B

Feb 9, 2011, 2:01:00 PM2/9/11
> Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net- Hide quoted text -

Frank,

It has a KDU, the only thing that is different is when I log in and
it asks for a password. The book says it should say "Enter Password
000000" this one is saying "Enter Password 00". I enter the level 4
password and it accepts it. I have tried a few wrong passwords on
purpose and it rejects them immediately. The panel is not in alarm
when I log in but it does have 1 trouble "Extra Point" this is the
point I am tryiing to add.

James

Frank Kurz

Feb 10, 2011, 12:45:18 AM2/10/11

Level four password is 440000. The programming sequence is really
specific and straight forward. If you need the manual, I can send it to
you. Unless the password has been changed by the "installing company"
(which is not uncommon), you should be able to configure the system.
Give me a call later in the morning. I'll be in the office after 1100
hours (Pacific). The 800 number is at the bottom of every page on our
website.

--
Frank Kurz
www.firetechs.net

"Lady Astor: Winston, you are drunk.
Winston Churchill: Yes my dear, but you are ugly, and in the morning I
shall be sober."

mleuck

Feb 10, 2011, 6:34:13 PM2/10/11
> >> Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net-Hide quoted text -

> > Frank,
>
> > It has a KDU,  the only thing that is different is when I log in and
> > it asks for a password.  The book says it should say "Enter Password
> > 000000"  this one is saying "Enter Password 00".  I enter the level 4
> > password and it accepts it.  I have tried a few wrong passwords on
> > purpose and it rejects them immediately.  The panel is not in alarm
> > when I log in but it does have 1 trouble "Extra Point" this is the
> > point I am tryiing to add.
>
> > James
>
> Level four password is 440000.  The programming sequence is really
> specific and straight forward.  If you need the manual, I can send it to
> you.  Unless the password has been changed by the "installing company"
> (which is not uncommon), you should be able to configure the system.
> Give me a call later in the morning.  I'll be in the office after 1100
> hours (Pacific).  The 800 number is at the bottom of every page on our
> website.
>
> --
> Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net

Hey Frank, do you have any idea if the OP is even qualified to work on
a fire panel? I realize he has a program manual but other than that
you have no idea what his abilities are and it IS a fire panel...

Jim

Feb 10, 2011, 7:30:07 PM2/10/11

> > > Frank,
>
> > > It has a KDU,  the only thing that is different is when I log in and
> > > it asks for a password.  The book says it should say "Enter Password
> > > 000000"  this one is saying "Enter Password 00".  I enter the level 4
> > > password and it accepts it.  I have tried a few wrong passwords on
> > > purpose and it rejects them immediately.  The panel is not in alarm
> > > when I log in but it does have 1 trouble "Extra Point" this is the
> > > point I am tryiing to add.
>
> > > James
>
> > Level four password is 440000.  The programming sequence is really
> > specific and straight forward.  If you need the manual, I can send it to
> > you.  Unless the password has been changed by the "installing company"
> > (which is not uncommon), you should be able to configure the system.
> > Give me a call later in the morning.  I'll be in the office after 1100
> > hours (Pacific).  The 800 number is at the bottom of every page on our
> > website.
>
> > --
> > Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net
>
> Hey Frank, do you have any idea if the OP is even qualified to work on
> a fire panel? I realize he has a program manual but other than that
> you have no idea what his abilities are and it IS a fire panel...-

I was thinking the same thing.

" But ..... but ..... yer Honor, I know all those people died, but
some guy on the Internet told me it was alright to do it!"

James B

Feb 10, 2011, 10:50:45 PM2/10/11

> > > Level four password is 440000.  The programming sequence is really
> > > specific and straight forward.  If you need the manual, I can send it to
> > > you.  Unless the password has been changed by the "installing company"
> > > (which is not uncommon), you should be able to configure the system.
> > > Give me a call later in the morning.  I'll be in the office after 1100
> > > hours (Pacific).  The 800 number is at the bottom of every page on our
> > > website.
>
> > > --
> > > Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net
>
> > Hey Frank, do you have any idea if the OP is even qualified to work on
> > a fire panel? I realize he has a program manual but other than that
> > you have no idea what his abilities are and it IS a fire panel...-
>
> I was thinking the same thing.
>
> " But ..... but ..... yer Honor, I know all those people died, but
> some guy on the Internet told me it was alright to do it!"- Hide quoted text -

Relax you 2, of course im qualified to work on fire systems I am not a
dealer for FCI though. You can confirm it here if you feel the need.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/firemarshal/documents/FireAlarmCertifications1-11-2011_000.pdf

Frank, when it asks me for a password it is only a 2 digit spot. Is
there a way to make it accept a 6 digit code?

Thanks,

James

Frank Kurz

Feb 11, 2011, 2:08:04 AM2/11/11

Yep. One of the more common abbreviations used in this group is "RTFM".
In your case it looks like the system isn't responding in accordance
with the published instructions. The display should emulate what's in
the manual. You may have a bigger problem!

--
Frank Kurz
www.firetechs.net

James B

Feb 11, 2011, 1:33:14 PM2/11/11
> >    http://publicsafety.utah.gov/firemarshal/documents/FireAlarmCertifica...

> > Frank, when it asks me for a password it is only a 2 digit spot.  Is
> > there a way to make it accept a 6 digit code?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> >   James
>
> Yep.  One of the more common abbreviations used in this group is "RTFM".
>   In your case it looks like the system isn't responding in accordance
> with the published instructions.  The display should emulate what's in
> the manual.  You may have a bigger problem!
>
> --
> Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, I found a different manual for the 7200 micro panel and it
matches what I have. "it shows 2 digit codes" However the programming
process is still the same. Im going to try powering the system down
to do a hard reset. If that dont work it will be time for an upgrade.

Thanks for your help.

James

mleuck

Feb 13, 2011, 5:20:16 PM2/13/11
> > Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net-Hide quoted text -

> Thanks,  I found a different manual for the 7200 micro panel and it
> matches what I have.  "it shows 2 digit codes" However the programming
> process is still the same.  Im going to try powering the system down
> to do a hard reset.  If that dont work it will be time for an upgrade.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> James

Hard reset of a critical fire panel, yea that'll do it...jeez

James B

Feb 13, 2011, 11:09:39 PM2/13/11
> > > Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net-Hidequoted text -

> > Thanks,  I found a different manual for the 7200 micro panel and it
> > matches what I have.  "it shows 2 digit codes" However the programming
> > process is still the same.  Im going to try powering the system down
> > to do a hard reset.  If that dont work it will be time for an upgrade.
>
> > Thanks for your help.
>
> > James
>
> Hard reset of a critical fire panel, yea that'll do it...jeez- Hide quoted text -

Your right mleuck, the hard reset did not work. :(

What do you suggest I try next?

James

Frank Kurz

Feb 13, 2011, 11:56:16 PM2/13/11

Try following the instructions for entering the master password using
the standard interface (without the KDU). You'll have to enter the six
digits in three increments.

--
Frank Kurz
www.firetechs.net

James B

Feb 14, 2011, 12:12:22 AM2/14/11

> >> Hard reset of a critical fire panel, yea that'll do it...jeez- Hide quoted text -

> > Your right mleuck, the hard reset did not work.  :(
>
> > What do you suggest I try next?
>
> > James
>
> Try following the instructions for entering the master password using
> the standard interface (without the KDU).  You'll have to enter the six
> digits in three increments.
>
> --
> Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Frank

I tried that as well, and it rejects the password. Do you know if
their may be a way to lock out programming from the FCPMICRO Field
Configuration Program? That is what I am guessing anyway. I have
tried to locate another dealer in the area but I cant find the info on
the web. I guess my next step will be to call Gamewell and see what
they can tell me.

James

mleuck

Feb 14, 2011, 9:44:28 PM2/14/11

> > > Thanks,  I found a different manual for the 7200 micro panel and it
> > > matches what I have.  "it shows 2 digit codes" However the programming
> > > process is still the same.  Im going to try powering the system down
> > > to do a hard reset.  If that dont work it will be time for an upgrade.
>
> > > Thanks for your help.
>
> > > James
>
> > Hard reset of a critical fire panel, yea that'll do it...jeez- Hide quoted text -

> Your right mleuck, the hard reset did not work.  :(
>
> What do you suggest I try next?
>
> James

Find a licensed fire tech who knows the panel, doesn't sound like you
are one or are experienced in fire panel programming

James B

Feb 15, 2011, 12:57:07 AM2/15/11

> > > Hard reset of a critical fire panel, yea that'll do it...jeez- Hide quoted text -

> > Your right mleuck, the hard reset did not work.  :(
>
> > What do you suggest I try next?
>
> > James
>
> Find a licensed fire tech who knows the panel, doesn't sound like you
> are one or are experienced in fire panel programming- Hide quoted text -

Thanks anyway mleuck, I was hoping you had some real info on that
panel. The reason I asked in this group was to find a fire tech that
is familiar with that particular panel. I realize from the reputation
of this group that I wouldnt get too many legitimate offers of help.

James

RockyTSquirrel

Feb 15, 2011, 9:25:09 AM2/15/11

"James B" wrote in message

James

Sad , But too TRUE!

RTS

mleuck

Feb 16, 2011, 9:25:56 AM2/16/11

I made a legitimate offer of help and told you what should be done,
you have a critical fire panel of which you can't even do the simplest
thing like get into programming. It doesn't matter if you have the
programming documents or not with the statements you'd said here you
should not be tampering with that panel.

G. Morgan

Feb 16, 2011, 5:07:46 PM2/16/11
"RockyTSquirrel" <gafa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Sad , But too TRUE!
>
>RTS

Rocky,

The WLM client version you are using has a major bug.

It does not insert the greater-than symbols ">" when you reply, so
the quoted lines show up as *you* have written them.

See how your message looks:

It looks like you wrote (but you didn't):

"Thanks anyway mleuck, I was hoping you had some real info on that
panel. The reason I asked in this group was to find a fire tech
that is familiar with that particular panel. I realize from the
reputation of this group that I wouldnt get too many legitimate
offers of help.
James"

WLM is broken at present, the prior version 14.xxxstable DID
handle quoting correctly. They actually did a milestone release
(5) with more bugs than (14) !!

I use Agent and Thunderbird (sometimes). I think you'll like
Thunderbird better than WLM.

Just a head's up. ;-)

RockyTSquirrel

Feb 16, 2011, 5:55:02 PM2/16/11

"G. Morgan" wrote in message

"RockyTSquirrel" <gafa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Sad , But too TRUE!
>
>RTS

Rocky,

The WLM client version you are using has a major bug.

It does not insert the greater-than symbols ">" when you reply, so
the quoted lines show up as *you* have written them.

It looks like you wrote (but you didn't):

I use Agent and Thunderbird (sometimes). I think you'll like
Thunderbird better than WLM.

Just a head's up. ;-)

Thanks for the HU...

I've tried Thunderbird but could never figure out how to join split
postings..

never could get an answer on any the forums or groups..

If you happen to know please pass that little tid bit along.. ;-)

tks,
RTS

G. Morgan

Feb 16, 2011, 7:32:32 PM2/16/11
"RockyTSquirrel" <gafa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've tried Thunderbird but could never figure out how to join split
>postings..
>
>never could get an answer on any the forums or groups..
>
>If you happen to know please pass that little tid bit along.. ;-)

Are you talking about binaries?

RockyTSquirrel

Feb 16, 2011, 10:33:11 PM2/16/11

"G. Morgan" wrote in message

"RockyTSquirrel" <gafa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

correct..

RTS

G. Morgan

Feb 16, 2011, 11:09:04 PM2/16/11
"RockyTSquirrel" <gafa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I'm using 3.1.7, it works fine for bins.

I prefer to use a dedicated reader for binaries, like Grabbit.
They are setup for that, and will get missing posts from multiple
servers.

RockyTSquirrel

Feb 17, 2011, 8:54:12 AM2/17/11

"G. Morgan" wrote in message