Ademco Vista Programming

Robert....@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2006, 6:27:13 PM12/3/06
I'm thinking of upgrading my Vista-20P to a 128BP for two reasons: 1.
advantages of a polling loop system 2. Be able to name my outputs for
x-10 devices.

My question is around Compass - is it worth using? Do I need a CIA
Modem or can I use a null-modem cable and directly connect with a
laptop?

Thanks.

Rob

Roland Moore

Dec 3, 2006, 6:43:04 PM12/3/06
You can use a laptop for direct connect but there is one extra part you have
to purchase.
Here is some information (below) from the Honeywell web site.
The 4100SM Serial Interface Module can be used as any of the following:

. A direct-wire downloading device that is used in conjunction with the
Compass downloading software to program compatible control panels without
having to use a modem or telephone line. This is done by either connecting
the 4100SM to the serial port of a PC or to a GSM communicating unit. . An
interface device that is used to connect a serial printer or a PC using the
Honeywell Navigator Reporter software to control panels that feature event
logging with printer output capabilities. . An interface device that is used
to connect a control panel to 3rd party

<Robert....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Dec 3, 2006, 8:20:43 PM12/3/06
> I'm thinking of upgrading my Vista-20P
> to a 128BP for two reasons:
> 1. advantages of a polling loop system
> 2. Be able to name my outputs for x-10
> devices.
>
> My question is around Compass - is it
> worth using?

Yes. Here's a link.
http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsce/resources/mywebtech/index.html

User: honeywell
Pass: support99

> Do I need a CIA Modem or can I use a
> null-modem cable and directly connect
> with a laptop?

You can use either the CIA modem or the 4100SM serial interface module.
https://library.ademconet.com/MWT/fs1/4/4378.pdf

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
941-866-1100
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================>

Robert....@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2006, 9:17:18 PM12/3/06

Thanks a lot !

Rob

Jim

Dec 3, 2006, 10:46:11 PM12/3/06

Robert L Bass wrote:
> > I'm thinking of upgrading my Vista-20P
> > to a 128BP for two reasons:
> > 1. advantages of a polling loop system
> > 2. Be able to name my outputs for x-10
> > devices.
> >
> > My question is around Compass - is it
> > worth using?
>
> Yes. Here's a link.
> http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsce/resources/mywebtech/index.html
>
> User: honeyell
> Pass: support92

> > Do I need a CIA Modem or can I use a
> > null-modem cable and directly connect
> > with a laptop?
>
> You can use either the CIA modem or the 4100SM serial interface module.
> https://library.ademconet.com/MWT/fs1/4/4378.pdf
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

Hey Roland,

Here's a good example of what kind of asshole Bass is.

Petem

Dec 3, 2006, 10:55:33 PM12/3/06
Your doing it again robert

"Robert L Bass" <rober...@comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
brydnaUt6pDu6u7Y...@comcast.com...

>> I'm thinking of upgrading my Vista-20P
>> to a 128BP for two reasons:
>> 1. advantages of a polling loop system
>> 2. Be able to name my outputs for x-10
>> devices.
>>
>> My question is around Compass - is it
>> worth using?
>
> Yes. Here's a link.
> http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsce/resources/mywebtech/index.html
>

> User: Pass:

Robert L Bass

Dec 3, 2006, 11:05:50 PM12/3/06
> Thanks a lot !

You're most welcome.

Doug

Dec 4, 2006, 12:16:33 AM12/4/06
For what?, giving you something that isn't his to give.

For someone to publicly post login codes to another company's password
protected website is completely unethical, RLB doesn't understand because
he has absolutely no ethics or moral values whatsoever.

Doug

--

<Robert....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Thanks a lot !

Rob

Robert L Bass wrote:
> > I'm thinking of upgrading my Vista-20P
> > to a 128BP for two reasons:
> > 1. advantages of a polling loop system
> > 2. Be able to name my outputs for x-10
> > devices.
> >
> > My question is around Compass - is it
> > worth using?
>
> Yes. Here's a link.
>

> User:
> Pass:

> > Do I need a CIA Modem or can I use a
> > null-modem cable and directly connect
> > with a laptop?
>
> You can use either the CIA modem or the 4100SM serial interface module.

Don

Dec 4, 2006, 8:39:16 AM12/4/06
is rlb talking to himself?

"Robert L Bass" <rober...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Doug

Dec 4, 2006, 8:41:14 AM12/4/06
No one else will listen

Doug

--

"Don" <d...@ld.net> wrote in message

Don

Dec 4, 2006, 8:46:44 AM12/4/06

"Jim" <alar...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Robert L Bass wrote:
>> > I'm thinking of upgrading my Vista-20P
>> > to a 128BP for two reasons:
>> > 1. advantages of a polling loop system
>> > 2. Be able to name my outputs for x-10
>> > devices.
>> >
>> > My question is around Compass - is it
>> > worth using?
>>
>> Yes. Here's a link.

snip

> Hey Roland,
>
> Here's a good example of what kind of asshole Bass is.

I'm glad I don't use ademco! Hey Jim, what can I put on the back of a
aiphone door station terminals to protect them from msoisture? 2 screw &
plate terminals and 22-2 wire going in a pool area and lockerrrom. custoemr
said rustoleum. what u use on the boat?

Robert L Bass

Dec 4, 2006, 9:30:04 AM12/4/06
> what can I put on the back of a aiphone door station terminals to
> protect them from msoisture?

WD-40 is what some boat builders recommend to keep moisture away from electrical terminals, but it probably won't last more than a
few months. There are also various types of grease, almost any of which will keep moisture out.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>

Jim

Dec 4, 2006, 1:00:10 PM12/4/06

Don wrote:

> I'm glad I don't use ademco! Hey Jim, what can I put on the back of a
> aiphone door station terminals to protect them from msoisture? 2 screw &
> plate terminals and 22-2 wire going in a pool area and lockerrrom. custoemr
> said rustoleum. what u use on the boat?

When I do a system on a boat, if the device isn't made for marine use I
usually take it apart and spray the PC board (front, back, all over
with a couple of coats) with a moisture protectant that I get at the
local electronics supply house. ( I don't remember the brand) I
suppose, in a pinch, you could use some kind of spray varnish too.
Then, when putting it back together, I usually silicone all any
enclosure openings so that everything inside any containment isn't
exposed to the atmosphere. Lastly, if there are any exposed wire
connections, I use silicone or there's some rubberized electrical
sealant that you can get at a Marine store to cover the connections.
Dip the screws in sealant as you reassmeble the unit. It's a real pain
to have to take apart or replace, but you'll find that it's going to
last far longer than it would otherwise.

I'm not familiar with Aiphone products, but if you're spraying anything
inside it, be carefull not to spray the speaker coil. It's gotta move.
If you can get at the front of the speaker and remove it, I'd try to
cement a thin piece of plastic or mylar or something between the
speaker and the grill, to keep the moisture away from the speaker cone
and coil too. Bare magnets have a way of corroding quickly if they
aren't coated. And speaker magnets aren't. The sound should transfer
through the plastic ok.

Moisture in the air by salt water has that little extra ingredient that
invites electrolysis. You know that green gook that accumulates around
your car battery terminals? Well you can find that on any electrical
connection on a boat that has been exposed to the salt air or moisture.
That's why all large metal objects on boats are bonded together, to
help eliminate electrolysis. That's also why the local alarm companys
who say they can do boat alarms, do poor jobs. They just don't have the
experience of being a boater to know that they can't just use standard
parts, connections, wire and protocols. I was just talking to a
customer that I did a boat alarm for about 20 years ago. I'd forgotten
all about it. He sold the boat but is still in touch with the new
owner. It's still working !!!!! Damn ..... I'm good!

Jim

Dec 4, 2006, 1:02:27 PM12/4/06

Robert L Bass wrote:
> > what can I put on the back of a aiphone door station terminals to
> > protect them from msoisture?
>
> WD-40 is what some boat builders recommend to keep moisture away from electrical terminals, but it probably won't last more than a
> few months. There are also various types of grease, almost any of which will keep moisture out.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass
>
> =============================>

Yeah, sure.

Another thing you don't know anything about.

Roland Moore

Dec 5, 2006, 12:35:07 AM12/5/06
This end user seemed to know a lot about the names of the equipment that
most users would not. Knowing the name of the downloading software for one
and the name of the modem for another makes me think this end user more
savvy than most. I think he will need all he has going for him right away
because the first step of getting the Compass software going and talking to
a Vista 128FB with a 4100SN is not a strainght forward hook up. I have had a
lot of trouble especially when you have to use a serial to USB adapter. If
someone had a Vista 20P and still wanted to "upgrade" to another Vista
product I think they should already know what they're in for. Programing
relays in the Vista 128FB like the 4204 or 4101SN can be a time consuming
pain. Even though this guy isn't doing fancy elevator realys or custom relay
function, automation events can be cruel in the ways they refuse to work
sometimes. There are no real right or wrong ways to program some of these
events and relays, so it adds to the confusion when there are so many ways
to get to the same end result. I hope someone is just as forthcoming with
the proper local if not national tech support phone numbers for this guy to
use, once he gets stuck, as they were with the other web information. I hope
he can convince someone at the other end to talk to him. I guess that is
where the real difference in DIY and the real thank you comes in. I know the
local trainer and he gets stuck on some of these relay configurations and
has to call for support himself. If working with the product daily and
teaching it for a living doesn't get you the full understanding I'd say that
proves it isn't that simple sometimes.
I'd suggest he consider using a 4297 so if there is a short on the polling
loop the whole thing doesn't crash and fall off line. It is always fun to
start to see dozens of zones showing faults because a small wiring problem
on an upstream polling loop wire.

Robert L Bass

Dec 5, 2006, 1:44:00 AM12/5/06
> I hope someone is just as forthcoming with the proper local if not national tech support
> phone numbers for this guy to use...

When necessary I do a 3-way with the client and tech support. It's not all that difficult, though. I'd say those types of calls
are about a once-a-month event. That is fortunate since wait times can be annoying.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>

Mark Leuck

Dec 5, 2006, 1:47:27 AM12/5/06
I think you either missed the point of what Jim said or are avoiding it
entirely

"Roland Moore" <rol...@corridor.net> wrote in message

Roland Moore

Dec 5, 2006, 9:28:55 AM12/5/06
I am not avoiding it. It seems that most everyone here has been talking to
Bass or about Bass for along time and to date nothing has seemed to
influence him one way or another. Me adding my 2 cents is unlikely to make
any difference. I took note of Jim's comments. Agreeing with Jim on one
point doesn't take me down the road to wishing any harm on Bass. Having just
buried my friend from a slow terrible unfair death last week I see no reason
to support or condemn any side here. I have no ability to control others in
any way and no desire to. It is enough for me to tend to the details of my
own life. If Bass wants to know what I think of his methods I suspect he
will ask me. If Jim wants to know I can say it is something I would not
choose to do.

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@comcast.net> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Dec 5, 2006, 12:35:38 PM12/5/06
>I am not avoiding it. It seems that most everyone here has been talking to Bass or about Bass for along time and to date nothing
>has seemed to influence him one way or another. Me adding my 2 cents is unlikely to make any difference. I took note of Jim's
>comments. Agreeing with Jim on one point doesn't take me down the road to wishing any harm on Bass. Having just buried my friend
>from a slow terrible unfair death last week I see no reason to support or condemn any side here. I have no ability to control
>others in any way and no desire to. It is enough for me to tend to the details of my own life. If Bass wants to know what I think
>of his methods I suspect he will ask me. If Jim wants to know I can say it is something I would not choose to do.

We all have different approaches to this business, Roland. I give DIY clients access to all the manuals they need *because* they
need them. You service your own installations so your clients don't need them. It is therefore quite reasonable (IMO) that we make
different choices in this regard.

Leuck is just trying to stir up more trouble. Jiminex has more problems than I do. His "cancer" isn't the physical type. That's
sad actually. As I've said before, I don't like him (or Leuck) but I have no room for hatred.

'Nuff said?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>

Mark Leuck

Dec 5, 2006, 9:01:43 PM12/5/06

> I am not avoiding it. It seems that most everyone here has been talking to
> Bass or about Bass for along time and to date nothing has seemed to
> influence him one way or another. Me adding my 2 cents is unlikely to make
> any difference. I took note of Jim's comments. Agreeing with Jim on one
> point doesn't take me down the road to wishing any harm on Bass. Having
just
> buried my friend from a slow terrible unfair death last week I see no
reason
> to support or condemn any side here. I have no ability to control others
in
> any way and no desire to. It is enough for me to tend to the details of my
> own life. If Bass wants to know what I think of his methods I suspect he
> will ask me. If Jim wants to know I can say it is something I would not
> choose to do.

That wasn't what I was saying, Jim said what he said because RLB for the
upteenth time public posted the login to Honeywell's secure website. You
must have missed it

I seriously doubt anyone wishes harm on RLB, certainly not me

Mark Leuck

Dec 5, 2006, 9:02:53 PM12/5/06

> >I am not avoiding it. It seems that most everyone here has been talking
to Bass or about Bass for along time and to date nothing
> >has seemed to influence him one way or another. Me adding my 2 cents is
unlikely to make any difference. I took note of Jim's
> >comments. Agreeing with Jim on one point doesn't take me down the road to
wishing any harm on Bass. Having just buried my friend
> >from a slow terrible unfair death last week I see no reason to support or
condemn any side here. I have no ability to control
> >others in any way and no desire to. It is enough for me to tend to the
details of my own life. If Bass wants to know what I think
> >of his methods I suspect he will ask me. If Jim wants to know I can say
it is something I would not choose to do.

> We all have different approaches to this business, Roland. I give DIY
clients access to all the manuals they need *because* they
> need them. You service your own installations so your clients don't need
them. It is therefore quite reasonable (IMO) that we make
> different choices in this regard.
>
> Leuck is just trying to stir up more trouble. Jiminex has more problems
than I do. His "cancer" isn't the physical type. That's
> sad actually. As I've said before, I don't like him (or Leuck) but I have
no room for hatred.

You started to trouble posting access codes to secure websites, now you
choose to blame others because they reacted.

Anything for a buck

Roland Moore

Dec 6, 2006, 12:17:19 AM12/6/06
Some manufacturers like Bosch and Electronic Lines don't seem to have any
security on their web sites. Anyone can see everything. Some like Napco,
Honeywell, DMP, and Paradox for example have various levels of security for
signing into their site. Bass says that purchasers of DIY need access to the
manufacturer's web site the same way a dealer would need site access to aid
in installation of their own equipment. Since I have no experience in the
DIY market I am in no position to refute or support that notion. My thought
is that certain panels may be easy enough for a DIY to program. The
Honeywell Vista 128FB as well as many others would not be on my list of
panels that a DIY person should attempt to program. I don't know how
Honeywell feels about Bass posting the login to their site. It might be
interesting to see what their official position is on the subject. Has
anyone asked? Honeywell cetainly doesn't mind it enought to stop selling to
Bass it seems. If Honeywell is taking money from Bass aren't their resources
available to him as a customer of Honeywell? If Honeywell were truly worried
about unauthorized web site access they could use Microsoft WebTS and/or an
individual user name and password logins instead of a common login. In the
end who answers the question as to whether or not Bass is responsible to
protect Honeywell's interests in limiting access to their web site, or even
if that is something that Honeywell actually cares about. How much
responsibility one puts on Bass in any case seems to me to be an individual
matter. In this regard Honeywell is not left without recourse and can chose
to choke down access to their site when they decide it is necessary. It
seems to me if Bass were truly interested in what anyone else thought he
would merely copy wholesale the web sites of the equipment manufacturers he
sold and incorporate it (with permission) in a web site of his own. Bass
could then lock his own site down in a more aggressive fashion (so no one
here would see it) and use exclusive access to his site as a sales tool for
the DIY folks he sells to. I don't know anything about the DIY market, but I
would think the DIY web FAQ would not be the same as a regular dealer web
FAQ. I am not trying to tell Bass how to run his business, just stating what
makes sense to me. Honeywell itself is not without its own critics, like
Napco, that think that selling to dealers and competing with dealers at the
same time is unethical. Seems like one would have to make his or her own
judgements about how ethical or unethical Bass is compared to Honeywell and
which do you wish to support. Honeywell is a $30 billion company. As a
pratical matter even if Bass hated Honeywell as much as some who post here
seem to hate Bass, I doubt he could think of any way to damage Honeywell.
Bass states that the reason he posts the login is to help his customers,
Bass doesn't mention any interest in hurting Honeywell. I don't think
Honeywell is too concerned about Bass or anyone else that posts here having
any real impact on that $30 billion figure.

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@comcast.net> wrote in message

Frank Olson

Dec 6, 2006, 12:42:04 AM12/6/06

Bass could just as easily have emailed the information to the OP instead
of posting the password and user login in a public forum.

Mark Leuck

Dec 6, 2006, 2:48:44 AM12/6/06
Then I take it you have no problems with people publicly posting logins to
secure websites then? Ask him why he doesn't post Napco or DSC's site logins

"Roland Moore" <rol...@corridor.net> wrote in message

Roland Moore

Dec 6, 2006, 8:14:17 AM12/6/06
> Then I take it you have no problems with people publicly posting logins to
> secure websites then?
I said I don't have enough information to refute or support Bass' logic for
doing so. I didn't post the login and said previously I would choose not to
do it.
>Ask him why he doesn't post Napco or DSC's site logins.
I don't know that he does or doesn't post those logins. I have not been here
long enough to know. I suspect that if Bass doesn't post the logins to those
other sites like Napco or DSC it may be because those sites have individual
web login user names rather than common ones, and perhaps individual logins
that get posted may get removed.
I suspect you may know the answer already so why not just tell us?

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@comcast.net> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Dec 6, 2006, 2:11:25 PM12/6/06
> ...it may be because those sites have

> individual web login user names rather
> than common ones.

Yep.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>

Mark Leuck

Dec 6, 2006, 7:24:05 PM12/6/06

> > Then I take it you have no problems with people publicly posting logins
> > secure websites then?
> I said I don't have enough information to refute or support Bass' logic
for
> doing so. I didn't post the login and said previously I would choose not
> do it.

What information do you need? He posted on how to get into a secure website

hello?

> >Ask him why he doesn't post Napco or DSC's site logins.

> I don't know that he does or doesn't post those logins. I have not been
here
> long enough to know.

Then next time don't ask why RLB get shit thrown at him, it appears you
really don't want to know

> suspect that if Bass doesn't post the logins to those
> other sites like Napco or DSC it may be because those sites have
individual
> web login user names rather than common ones, and perhaps individual
logins
> that get posted may get removed.
> I suspect you may know the answer already so why not just tell us?

He doesn't post anyone else because Ademco put a bug up his ass a few years
ago, he likes Napco which is why he won't post that login

Russell Brill

Dec 6, 2006, 9:47:01 PM12/6/06
"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Then I take it you have no problems with people publicly posting logins to
> secure websites then? Ask him why he doesn't post Napco or DSC's site
> logins

I'm thinking because it would be his User Name & Password the whole world
would be using... Honeywell needs to assign each WebTech user his/her own
password...

Mark Leuck

Dec 6, 2006, 10:31:47 PM12/6/06

"Russell Brill" <russw...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Then I take it you have no problems with people publicly posting logins
> > secure websites then? Ask him why he doesn't post Napco or DSC's site
> > logins
>
> I'm thinking because it would be his User Name & Password the whole world
> would be using... Honeywell needs to assign each WebTech user his/her own
> password...

Perhaps but thats hardly the point, numb-nuts shouldn't have posted it in
the first place. I have a feeling if Honeywell did go to individual logins
he'd figure out a way to post it anyway. He doesn't like Ademco and he will
not post logins to companies he does like such as Napco

Roland Moore

Dec 6, 2006, 10:37:37 PM12/6/06
Bass posted a login to a password protected web site. I guess it is acurate
to say it is secure because it uses https instead of just http. It seems
that Honeywell has not done much to secure the site beyond that. If
Honeywell would use the https to a little higher standard on the login side
of things this would not be an issue to discuss. If Honeywell's effort is
that feeble I can't get too excited about Bass' posting.

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@comcast.net> wrote in message

@comcast+net Robert L Bass

Dec 6, 2006, 10:43:23 PM12/6/06
> Honeywell needs to assign each WebTech user his/her own password...

You're assuming they actually give a rat's bunda who views their free files.
They don't.

Roland Moore

Dec 6, 2006, 11:15:50 PM12/6/06
I have never read a post where Bass says he doesn't like Ademco. But if he
really doesn't like Ademco products, why does he sell it? If he doesn't like
Ademco (Honeywell) because of the product itself and not what the company
did to him to make him mad at them, then that shows he has some good sense
in my book. Have you ever programed a Vista 250 FB with over 200 points? Go
fault a zone and count how long it takes to trip the panel or worse yet show
at the keypad. Even the factory boys warn you (privately of course) not to
get near 200 points (on a panel that says it has 250 points AND YOU PAY FOR
250). And you'd better use serial (not dip switch) to boot on the polling
modules. That is just the tip of the iceburg. How about the access products?
What good is the N1000II? Stuffed a matchbook cover under a lithium battery
at some odd hour of the morning? Then you too have installed an N100II. An 8
volt battery mounted on the panel DOOR of all places! How about any of the
NStar panels? Or the software that runs either panel. WinPAK in any version
is terrible. How many all nighters have you pulled in a big multistory
trying to find the bad panel that pulls down the whole sorry 20ma comm loop.
Are you kidding me about Ademco? I have seen guys pull working Ademco panels
just to take them out for target practice. For real!
Any panel can be installed improperly. Why increase that chance by having
goofy designs, fake product claims, poor documentation and support. Frankly
in the scheme of things it is hard for me to get excited about Bass' posting
showing Honeywell doing another stupid thing by not securing their site. If
you are trying to interest me in blaming Bass for Honeywell's laziness and
stupidity I can say that is not what I choose to do.

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@comcast.net> wrote in message

Jim

Dec 6, 2006, 11:29:46 PM12/6/06

Robert L Bass wrote:
> We all have different approaches to this business, Roland.

And your approach is to diparage alarm installation companies and abuse
people in the process.

> I give DIY clients access to all the manuals they need *because* they
> need them.

Yep, and you've got exactly what you "needed" all along.

>You service your own installations so your clients don't need them. It is therefore quite reasonable (IMO) that we make different choices in this regard.

And your choice is to scorn the installation trade.

> Leuck is just trying to stir up more trouble. Jiminex has more problems than I do. His "cancer" isn't the physical type.

You're right. The CANCER is YOU!

That's
> sad actually. As I've said before, I don't like him (or Leuck) but I have no room for hatred.

You have no room for it because everyone else that you come in contact
with has so much of it
for you, there isn't any left. But you ought to try it. It's really
great to see someone like you get
so much of what you deserve.

> 'Nuff said?

Yep and I'm gonna just keep right on sayin it till you're in your
grave.

Robert L Bass

Dec 7, 2006, 12:07:33 AM12/7/06
>I have never read a post where Bass says
> he doesn't like Ademco...

Years ago I didn't like their panels. I never liked their old 5700 series wireless. Over time they have improved and I've learned
more. Now they're a significant part of my business.

> ...what the company did to him.

I have nothing against Ademco / Honeywell. I do more business with Honeywell than most of these guys put together.

> Have you ever programed a Vista 250
> FB with over 200 points?

Heh, heh, heh... :^)

> Frankly in the scheme of things it is hard for me
> to get excited about Bass' posting showing
> Honeywell doing another stupid thing by not

> securing their site...

It's just a red herring. These guys couldn't care less about Honeywell's password. It's just an excuse to try to pick another
fight.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>

Mark Leuck

Dec 7, 2006, 1:38:10 AM12/7/06

> Bass posted a login to a password protected web site. I guess it is
acurate
> to say it is secure because it uses https instead of just http.

So you use that method to identify a secure website? I guess if it was http
then it's okay to post logins?

> It seems
> that Honeywell has not done much to secure the site beyond that. If
> Honeywell would use the https to a little higher standard on the login
side
> of things this would not be an issue to discuss. If Honeywell's effort is
> that feeble I can't get too excited about Bass' posting.

I get it, it's Honeywell's fault RLB did it...

Mark Leuck

Dec 7, 2006, 1:47:03 AM12/7/06

> I have never read a post where Bass says he doesn't like Ademco.

Remember you were the one who said you haven't been here very long

> But if he
> really doesn't like Ademco products, why does he sell it?

Same reason he sells carpet snakes, it's inventory of the distributor he
uses

> If he doesn't like
> Ademco (Honeywell) because of the product itself and not what the company
> did to him to make him mad at them, then that shows he has some good sense
> in my book.

He doesn't know enough about the product to know if it's good or bad

> Are you kidding me about Ademco? I have seen guys pull working Ademco
panels
> just to take them out for target practice. For real!

Sure you have

> Any panel can be installed improperly. Why increase that chance by having
> goofy designs, fake product claims, poor documentation and support.
Frankly
> in the scheme of things it is hard for me to get excited about Bass'
posting
> showing Honeywell doing another stupid thing by not securing their site.

Of course! therefore it's okay then to post any proprietary information
available, you two deserve each other

> If
> you are trying to interest me in blaming Bass for Honeywell's laziness and
> stupidity I can say that is not what I choose to do.

As I said before, you either missed what Jim said or chose to gloss over it,
its obvious now the latter is the case

Mark Leuck

Dec 7, 2006, 1:47:49 AM12/7/06

"Robert L Bass" <sales @ comcast + net> wrote in message

If that were the case they wouldn't have a login

Everywhere Man

Dec 7, 2006, 4:00:14 AM12/7/06
Mark Leuck wrote:
> Of course! therefore it's okay then to post any proprietary information
> available <

It's never ok to post it but that hasn't stopped anyone here from doing
it.
Hell for a few bucks there are people here who will unlock those boards
for end users with proprietary panels. For a few more greenbacks you
can buy a membership to websites that sell access to hundreds of
different programming manuals. Who is worse? The one who posts it for
free out of spite or the one who sells that which is not his to sell?

Bob Worthy

Dec 6, 2006, 10:15:51 AM12/6/06

"Roland Moore" <rol...@corridor.net> wrote in message

I don't know how
> Honeywell feels about Bass posting the login to their site. It might be
> interesting to see what their official position is on the subject. Has
> anyone asked?

Yep. And their actions against RLB were posted here earlier this year.

>Honeywell cetainly doesn't mind it enought to >stop selling to
> Bass it seems.

With conditions

> If Honeywell is taking money from Bass aren't their resources
> available to him as a customer of Honeywell?

They won't do anything about his misuse of the resources granted to him
unless Honeywell is somehow damaged. But they do have their eye one him as
do some of the other majors.

>or even
> if that is something that Honeywell actually cares >about. How much
> responsibility one puts on Bass in any case seems to me to be an
individual
> matter.

This is probably true. There are those that sell parts, site unseen, and
there are those that sell secuirty. I think those that sell security see the
downside to some of RLB's actions and don't agree with it, to the point that
they don't even agree to disagree. They are very vocal, possibly to protect
other readers that these actions are possible wrong and could be damaging.

It
> seems to me if Bass were truly interested in what anyone else thought

I think he has demonstrated that he doesn't, but that is his prerogative.

>(with permission)

That is where he screwed up earlier. He doesn't believe he needs it. He got
caught and served with cease and desists on some things.

> I am not trying to tell Bass how to run his >business, just stating what
> makes sense to me.

And probably everyone else. But don't try to tell him anything because he
refuses to listen. He holds himself out to be on a much higher level and
smarter than the "primates" that participate in this group.

>Seems like one would have to make his or her >own
> judgements about how ethical or unethical Bass is compared to Honeywell
and
> which do you wish to support.

Didn't I just mention something about parts sellers?

> Bass states that the reason he posts the login is to help his customers,

It is to sell parts and to lower his "800" bill. His customer service
history is well documented. He wants the point of sale and not necessarily
all the small talk that goes along with it. He gives them access, which
takes away alot of leg work on his part. Do you really think that an online
business wants all the shoppers to take up their time with "let me look at
all that is on the market before I make a decision". I know how this works
having a travel agency. People will call wanting to plan a cruise. The
agents will ask them where to and when. They don't have a clue. "Find out
about all the Caribbean and Mediterranean for next summer". Well that is
about two hundred different possibilities. We don't have time for that and
prices change all the time. We send them the brochures, let them do the
homework and narrow it down. Then we spend the time with them planning their
vacation. I am sure RLB is doing the same thing. What we don't do, is give
them the number directly into the cruise line admin department with our pass
word. This is reserved for agents. Similar situation without the security
issue. Not that access to Honeywell's website is any kind of a security
breach but other information that has been released to the general public on
this forum , with no regard for its sensitivity, could be.

> I don't think
> Honeywell is too concerned about Bass or anyone else that posts here
having
> any real impact on that $30 billion figure.

:o]

Roland Moore

Dec 7, 2006, 10:26:01 AM12/7/06
> Yep. And their actions against RLB were posted here earlier this year.
I missed that. It would be interesting to see. Does anyone have a copy to
paste here?
"Bob Worthy" <secu...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

FIRETEK

Dec 7, 2006, 10:33:36 AM12/7/06
What actions did Honeywell take against Bass?

"Bob Worthy" <secu...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> That is where he screwed up earlier. He doesn't believe he needs it. He

FIRETEK

Dec 7, 2006, 10:35:23 AM12/7/06
I hardly think a "user fee" is "selling something "which is not his to
sell".

"Everywhere Man" <alarmi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Roland Moore

Dec 7, 2006, 11:02:26 AM12/7/06
>> Are you kidding me about Ademco? I have seen guys pull working Ademco
>> panels just to take them out for target practice. For real!
> Sure you have.
Shooting alarm panels may seem strange in your neck of the woods but some
guys here really like guns and target practice. If you hate a particular
brand of panel, why not blast it? The ones I was talking about were Ademco
1023 and Ademco 4080 units. We used to have pictures around the shop before
the days of digital photos. Wasn't that much to look at. Just a can with a
hole in the middle of it. I'll see if I can find them. I think there are
some 4150 and/or Vector 2000 that are going to the firing squad next if they
haven't found there way to the dumpster already.

>Of course! therefore it's okay then to post any proprietary information
> >available,

I never said it was okay to do and I didn't do it. You can get the same
information almost anywhere with Google and no password. How about these
guys then? http://alpinealarms.com/install_manuals/. There are many others.

>you two deserve each other.
I tried. I still keep his picture in my wallet. It didn't work out. He
snores too loud and his feet are way too cold. He'd takes off for months at
a time to Brazil and just forget me! (sniff...SOB). I think he had someone
else there besides me! Thanks for reminding me of my painful
breakup...(whimper). Kind of makes me feel like the last scene in "Gone With
The Wind". I need a good cry. Anyone have Richard Simmons' number?

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@comcast.net> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Dec 7, 2006, 11:04:32 AM12/7/06
>> Yep. And their actions against
>> RLB were posted here earlier this year.

> I missed that. It would be interesting
> to see. Does anyone have a copy to paste here?

I must have missed that, too. Seems the only one who heard about it was Bob Worthy. Or could it be that he simply made it up?
Naaah! Bob wouldn't lie? Of course he would!

Everywhere Man

Dec 7, 2006, 11:07:18 AM12/7/06
Frank,
If I pirate some music, and Hollywood movies it's ok for me to charge a
user fee to my website allowing others to watch them?
Is any portion of that user fee being sent to the companies who own the
manuals?
Members of those websites can also print the manuals too.
Who gave these people the right to charge for access to another
company's information?

Now for all involved (not directed at Frank but I'll use this same post
since I am too lazy to reply to any others) I think RLB publically
posting passwords to the Honeywell site (or any other site) is wrong,
and done out of spite, but if you guys are so angered by confidential
information being doled out then you should take umbrage with the
non-Honeywell websites that offer the information too. While we're at
it why is nothing said when people here offer to unlock panels that
don't belong to them?
We are in an industry full of whores but only one of the hookers gets
pimp slapped for being wrong and the other whores who post here are
called "respected contributors".
We're in the security field and we turn a blind eye to breaches just
because we like the guy who has created the breach.

Robert L Bass

Dec 7, 2006, 11:58:33 AM12/7/06
> I tried. I still keep his picture in my wallet...

Thanks, Roland. I needed a good laugh today. :^)

Robert L Bass

Dec 7, 2006, 12:01:42 PM12/7/06
> We are in an industry full of whores but only
> one of the hookers gets pimp slapped for
> being wrong and the other whores who post
> here are called "respected contributors".
>
> We're in the security field and we turn a blind
> eye to breaches just because we like the guy
> who has created the breach.

Well, from one ho' to another, I hope all is well with you. :^)

Bob Worthy

Dec 7, 2006, 12:18:46 PM12/7/06

"Robert L Bass" <rober...@comcast.net> wrote in message

You didn't receive a cease and desist concerning use of information on your
website that they didn't authorize? The reason I ask is because it came
right from the horses mouth, standing on the floor at the EHouse Expo, in
Orlando, (March 06, I believe) along with the fact that they won't extend
warranty to you on returns any longer through distribution (ADI). If this
has been corrected since then, great. That is why I simply said , when
Roland asked the question, that it was posted earlier this year. I didn't go
into any detail. But since you want to bring it up, go back and look for it.
If you missed it, that does not equate to a lie. If it is not true, go to
the high ranking good folks at Honeywell's distributor, and I am not talking
the local branch manager. If you have ANY proof of me lieing about anything
at all, post it. You won't because you can't. It is as simple as that. You
can deny the C&D ever exsisted, which is fine because you know that no one
here would have the actual document. If you want to call it hearsay that is
again your choice. Does anyone remember Honeywells, ADIs logo's etc. info
disappearing for RBL's site as did his offer for monitoring services, after
the State investigator paid him a visit? Something he skated with by the
skin of his teeth. RBL knows I know the truth and he hates the fact that I
know more about him than he would like, so his only recourse is to say I
lie. Post it Robert. Let's see the complaint and the investigators report. I
know you have it. Am I lieing about that too? Your so easy!

Bob Worthy

Dec 7, 2006, 12:52:15 PM12/7/06

"FIRETEK" <firetech(change-the-ch-to-k)@telus.net> wrote in message

> What actions did Honeywell take against Bass?

In a later post on this thread, Bass says that I lie. So...I will let him
answer this question first, but don't hold your breath. Maybe we can come to
some conclusion on who actually has a propensity to lie.

G. Morgan

Dec 7, 2006, 4:19:29 PM12/7/06
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 16:02:26 GMT, "Roland Moore" <rol...@corridor.net>
wrote:

>I never said it was okay to do and I didn't do it. You can get the same
>information almost anywhere with Google and no password. How about these
>guys then? http://alpinealarms.com/install_manuals/. There are many others.

Those whores are charging $71.25 for a Compass download! I wonder if
Honeywell gets any proceeds from that rape.

--

-Graham

(delete the double e's to email)

Roland

Dec 7, 2006, 4:35:06 PM12/7/06
>I wonder if Honeywell gets any proceeds from that rape.
Probably not even a good "thank you" reach around I'll bet.

"G. Morgan" <alar...@geemail.com> wrote in message

Mark Leuck

Dec 7, 2006, 7:16:52 PM12/7/06

> >> Are you kidding me about Ademco? I have seen guys pull working Ademco
> >> panels just to take them out for target practice. For real!
> > Sure you have.
> Shooting alarm panels may seem strange in your neck of the woods but some
> guys here really like guns and target practice. If you hate a particular
> brand of panel, why not blast it? The ones I was talking about were Ademco
> 1023 and Ademco 4080 units. We used to have pictures around the shop
before
> the days of digital photos. Wasn't that much to look at. Just a can with a
> hole in the middle of it. I'll see if I can find them. I think there are
> some 4150 and/or Vector 2000 that are going to the firing squad next if
they
> haven't found there way to the dumpster already.

Uh huh

> >Of course! therefore it's okay then to post any proprietary information
> > >available,
> I never said it was okay to do and I didn't do it. You can get the same
> information almost anywhere with Google and no password. How about these
> guys then? http://alpinealarms.com/install_manuals/. There are many
others.

I don't have a problem with someone offering the manuals as long as it's
okay with the manufacturers, The issue here is public postings of logins to
a secure website, did AlpineAlarms do this? No.

You seem to think it's not a big deal

Roland

Dec 7, 2006, 7:59:41 PM12/7/06
You're right! I don't think it is a big deal . If what is available behind
the door is free, and it is also left outside the door for free, then there
is no difference in the end. Perhaps one day Honeywell will use their
already secure infrastructure to issue individual logins and put something
there on the site worth securing (that isn't already available nearly
everywhere else). However that would cost money to administer the site
properly and Honeywell might not want to spend that money. Again, I didn't
post the login. I said I would not choose to do it. Someone else has a
different idea. That is merely his choice. He has his reasons. I don't
recall any document that anyone signed (including Bass) that described how
to use that password. I have had to sign such documents for other sites
access logins. Bass says the reasons are not to hurt anyone but to help.
Whether I agree or not is not important. In my view there are only two ways
to stop it. One is Bass the other is Honeywell. I'll let one or the other
take care of it.

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@comcast.net> wrote in message

Mark Leuck

Dec 7, 2006, 11:16:16 PM12/7/06

"Roland" <rol...@corridor.net> wrote in message

> You're right! I don't think it is a big deal . If what is available behind
> the door is free, and it is also left outside the door for free, then
there
> is no difference in the end.

So posting logins to a secure website is okay when some of the stuff inside
is also outside? The logic you use is staggering

> Perhaps one day Honeywell will use their
> already secure infrastructure to issue individual logins and put something
> there on the site worth securing (that isn't already available nearly
> everywhere else). However that would cost money to administer the site
> properly and Honeywell might not want to spend that money.
> Again, I didn't
> post the login. I said I would not choose to do it. Someone else has a
> different idea. That is merely his choice.

Then there is no right or wrong, its only a choice

> He has his reasons. I don't
> recall any document that anyone signed (including Bass) that described how
> to use that password. I have had to sign such documents for other sites
> access logins.

Gosh lets look at the terms of use posted on the site shall we?

"Honeywell International Inc. authorizes you to copy documents
published by Honeywell International Inc. on the World Wide Web for personal
or non-commercial use only, provided any copy of these documents that you
make shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained
herein. Except as expressly provided, nothing contained in this paragraph
shall be construed as conferring any license or right under any Honeywell
International Inc. copyright. No materials available on the Honeywell
International Inc. Web site may be stored, transmitted by any means
(including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, scanning, photocopying
or recording) without prior written permission of Honeywell International
Inc. "

I could be wrong but materials might include secure passwords as well
as ALL of the manuals, you I imagine will come up with yet another reason
why it's okay without really saying it's okay

> Bass says the reasons are not to hurt anyone but to help.

He can easily email the manuals without giving out logins to secure websites

> Whether I agree or not is not important.

It sounds like you do agree indirectly, lets recap shall we?

So far it appears you have no problems with giving out logins to secure
webpages IF

1. They use HTTP instead of HTTPS (odd but hey you said it)

2. Its on another web page available for downloading

3. They say they are trying to help

4.

5. Honeywell doesn't give out individual passwords

6. It's Robert Bass

> In my view there are only two ways
> to stop it. One is Bass the other is Honeywell. I'll let one or the other
> take care of it.

Again you were the one a while back asked why people slamed RLB, Jim
correctly pointed that out so might I suggest you not ask questions like
that in the future since you obviously can't seem to handle the answers

Jim

Dec 8, 2006, 12:01:56 AM12/8/06

Everywhere Man wrote:
> Frank,
> If I pirate some music, and Hollywood movies it's ok for me to charge a
> user fee to my website allowing others to watch them?
> Is any portion of that user fee being sent to the companies who own the
> manuals?
> Members of those websites can also print the manuals too.
> Who gave these people the right to charge for access to another
> company's information?
>
> Now for all involved (not directed at Frank but I'll use this same post
> since I am too lazy to reply to any others) I think RLB publically
> posting passwords to the Honeywell site (or any other site) is wrong,
> and done out of spite, but if you guys are so angered by confidential
> information being doled out then you should take umbrage with the
> non-Honeywell websites that offer the information too. While we're at
> it why is nothing said when people here offer to unlock panels that
> don't belong to them?
> We are in an industry full of whores but only one of the hookers gets
> pimp slapped for being wrong and the other whores who post here are
> called "respected contributors".
> We're in the security field and we turn a blind eye to breaches just
> because we like the guy who has created the breach.

Because some whores are nice and some are bitches?

Jim

Dec 8, 2006, 12:12:21 AM12/8/06

Roland wrote:
> You're right! I don't think it is a big deal . If what is available behind
> the door is free, and it is also left outside the door for free, then there
> is no difference in the end. Perhaps one day Honeywell will use their
> already secure infrastructure to issue individual logins and put something
> there on the site worth securing (that isn't already available nearly
> everywhere else). However that would cost money to administer the site
> properly and Honeywell might not want to spend that money. Again, I didn't
> post the login. I said I would not choose to do it. Someone else has a
> different idea. That is merely his choice. He has his reasons. I don't
> recall any document that anyone signed (including Bass) that described how
> to use that password. I have had to sign such documents for other sites
> access logins. Bass says the reasons are not to hurt anyone but to help.
> Whether I agree or not is not important. In my view there are only two ways
> to stop it. One is Bass the other is Honeywell. I'll let one or the other
> take care of it.

I have learned one thing from this.
I should not have attempted to point out something so obvious to you.
It won't happen again.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Roland Moore

Dec 8, 2006, 2:44:34 AM12/8/06
It seems to me that you are trying to convince me that the login to the
Honeywell site is some exclusive club we as dealers or integrators have all
been invited to as some special recognition by Honeywell (or some other
manufacturer to their respective site). From that exclusivity we should
honor and respect a special trust given to us and never divulge the login,
especially publicly (as Bass has done), as that is an ethical lapse to be
utterly condemned. If that is the case I hardly know where to begin. I guess
the best way is ask you to look at the email you received when you got your
GE web site login, since that is another site that uses a common login like
Honeywell's. If you read it carefully it is easy to see that the real
concern these huge manufacturer's have is being caught up in some lawsuits
that would come about by openly posting information directly to consumers.
It might be better for the consumers to have direct access to that
information in some cases. In some cases not. If these manufacturers gave
open access to their web site it might suggest that they were operating
under the idea that this was consumer grade product they were selling and
not have a layer of legal protection they desire against being subject to
certain consumer protection laws. Since the sites with "secure" but yet
common logins involve mostly companies that sell through distribution, or
worse directly to end users, they need that login. Bass probably makes them
nervous too by selling the way he does since their gear is not packaged
properly for consumer sale in many cases. So they may treat him one way
publicly, but they will always take his money one way or another. Sites like
Bosch and others that limit the sale of their equipment to certain dealers,
and further limit who dealers can sell to, can and do open their web site
and do it without that need or concern for a login. That login is there for
their protection from more aggressive consumer laws and other legal limits,
it has little to do with us as dealers or integrators. In many cases I feel
sorry for the hard working smaller dealer that is trying hard to make ends
meet. Many times he is pinched by adverse financial conditions he can't
control. He has to struggle to buy product at the best discount he can.
Let's see how guys like GE and Honeywell honor that. Do they go out and try
to find the dealer that does the best installations, has the best customer
satisfaction, or is the most honest, or ethical, or hardworking, or church
going, or the best role model or general swell guy type of dealer or
integrator? Not only no, but hell no. They want volume dealers and want to
tie up those dealers with their product line. Go out and find some of the
bigger guys in your area that use one manufacturer and look to see what they
are paying for equipment that you buy all the time and know the prices for.
I don't think you'll be too happy to see that in some cases it is 50% less
or even discounted more from what the best price you ever got for it. How is
that possible? Easy, guys like Honeywell go through ADI, Anixter or who ever
they can (or go direct) and create special part numbers for dealers and
price those parts differently. GE is worse. What about a level playing
field? Not for GE vertical integration. With that deal you could be
pre-screwed out of a job six months before an RFP is ever dreamed up. Ever
feel shafted when a big customer doesn't pay you in 30 days and you get hit
with credit hold? By 60 days you're getting collection calls every day from
the parts house or manufacturer. It means you can't start you next job or
maybe even meet payroll. With GE dealers it's no problem. Need 90 days to
pay? No big deal. Need longer for a bigger job? No problem. So big
manufacturers are promising anything and everything to dealers or
integrators to use their gear exclusively, and thus make the dealer or
integrator forget the idea of a dealer's or integrator's job of being brand
agnostic and picking out the best equipment he can for his customer. In
other words screw the customer, buy from us and we will one way or another
buy your conscience. So the same guys that have no ethics to be concerned
with are the ones you want me to be concerned with in some way; about a
login when ironically they take no action to show they're the least bit
concerned about the login themselves? So if you think I should be in any way
worried about something that makes you feel special, that Bass has now
somehow upset, I don't. When asked I said I don't think what Bass did was a
big deal (or any deal really). I would think you might be more concerned
about big companies showing and playing favorites behind your back, selling
directly to end users, and selling out certain dealers and integrators in
favor of other dealers or integrators. By the way who do you think made them
God? Wait, I know already, Bass did. Right? For the record I'll say it
again:
1) I did NOT post the login
2) I said I would not post the login
3) I don't know what reasons Bass has for posting what he does. Sorry I am
not smart enough to judge his business model with the time or interest I
have available to do it. If you think that Bass and I are in league to
destroy some imagined exclusive club you have conjured up I can't help you.
Perhaps I can say this instead. If there are none so blind as those who
refuse to see, I'll paint a little mental picture for you. If you want me to
post a login to a web site I will (with Bass' permission) tattoo the login
on Bass' bare ass on send you the picture complete with me planting a big
smooch on it. You can post that where you please. Since you never fail to
keep us appraised of Bass' medical condition you might be mindful of the
bromide that "The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized within the
lifetime of the opportunity".

"Jim" <alar...@aol.com> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Dec 8, 2006, 4:01:03 AM12/8/06
> If you want me to post a login to a web
> site I will (with Bass' permission) tattoo
> the login on Bass' bare ass...

Sorry, but that's just not an option. :^)

FIRETEK

Dec 8, 2006, 9:50:29 AM12/8/06
I believe Jim has spent a large amount of time accumulating manuals for
security systems around the world. His has a huge "private library"
dedicated to a specific industry, and I believe he's entitled to grant
membership to whom-so-ever he chooses. If he also chooses to "charge" for
that priviledge, that's entirely up to him. There is a cost associated with
running a website as extensive as Jim's. As long as he's not *selling* the
manuals I see no problem with his trying to recover some of those expenses.
I've also seen a number of his responses to individuals requesting
information on a specific panel where he simply emails them the info
"gratis". It's no more than what I would do for someone requesting a manual
for FireLite, Notifier, Edwards, or any other fire alarm system. I just
don't have them all conveniently saved to a PDF. Would I give out the
programming passwords or the "hacks"? Not on your nelly.

I don't believe what Bass did was "right" either. I'm certain he didn't ask
Honeywell's permission to post (or otherwise transmit) the login information
to all and sundry that ask (or to even volunteer to supply it whenever he
feels like it). He does not "represent" (or act as an authorized agent for)
Honeywell or any of the other manufacturers whose products he "shills". He
uses all sorts of lame excuses to support what he does, but what it all
really boils down to is his lack of ethics and the fact that he's nothing
more than an "installer wannabee" with a huge chip on his shoulder. I've
seen his type before as I'm sure you have as well. He's the guy that shows
up at the alarm association meetings complaining about having to respond to
AC power failure signals when the central station receiver he has to move
from his "office" to his bedside nightstand goes off at 2:00AM.

"Everywhere Man" <alarmi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Frank Olson

Dec 8, 2006, 10:45:55 AM12/8/06

Yeah... someone viewing it would probably misunderstand (even if you
put in on the opposite cheek from the one with "Angela" on it).

FIRETEK

Dec 8, 2006, 11:37:18 AM12/8/06
That's a fairly useless exercise. Bass has never been able to prove anyone
here is either a "liar" or a "clerk". He'll simply continue to hurl insults
at you in the sure and certain hope that if he repeats them enough times,
someone will actually start believing him.

"Bob Worthy" <secu...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

FIRETEK

Dec 8, 2006, 11:38:27 AM12/8/06
You owe me a new monitor!

"Frank Olson" <Use_the_e...@yoursecuritysource.com> wrote in message

FIRETEK

Dec 8, 2006, 11:49:46 AM12/8/06
Sure, Bass. How about proving that! What? You can't? How about proving
your claim that the BBB complaints filed against you originated with anyone
other than your former customers? You _did_ say that some of them were
filed by certain individuals in this Group, didn't you? Prove it! The
"biggest liar in Usenet" calls someone else a liar. Hmmm! That's certainly
merits serious consideration... NOT!

"Robert L Bass" <rober...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I must have missed that, too. Seems the only one who heard about it was

Roland Moore

Dec 9, 2006, 1:18:01 AM12/9/06
A new monitor won't help. With an image like that ripping your eyes out of
their sockets might.

"FIRETEK" <firetech(change-the-ch-to-k)@telus.net> wrote in message

Robert....@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2006, 12:21:35 PM12/29/06
Just wanted to give you all an update seeing as I started this thread.
I purchased the 128BP and various other accessories. I downloaded the
Compass software and used it to program the panel and all my x-10
outputs.

The compass software is great - Thanks Mr. Bass. I'm sure Ademco
didn't mind you offering me the software seeing as it prompted me to
purchase over $1,000 of their hardware.

Roland, thank you for your concern around my technical ability, if you
must know I worked for an electrician after HS in where I spent most of
my time installing fire suppression system and PLC's.

Today, I am a Critical Facilities Manager, responsible for all MEP gear
supporting a large computer data center. The systems I am responsible
for include basic photo smoke heads, Early Warning Detection systems,
HCL detectors and clean agent fire suppression systems (FE-227a) with a
pre-action backup. All controlled by Fike's new Cheetah XI panel.

And yes, I had a bit of trouble using the "direct-wire" method - but
took a scientific approach and worked out the bug.

Just because I'm a DYI'er, doesn't mean I'm an idiot. Why is
that always the assumption of the "professional's?"

My system works perfectly, a big thank you to Robert Bass for your help
and advice.

Happy New Year everyone.

Rob

Jim

Dec 29, 2006, 12:39:35 PM12/29/06

The reality of it is ...... professionals only ever run into the
DIY'ers that fail.
And that's the truth of it.

Those DIY'ers that are successful don't need a professional.

It's the same logic that's used by police when they say that 98% of
alarm
signals are false.

> My system works perfectly, a big thank you to Robert Bass for your help
> and advice.

You were one of the lucky ones. He doesn't have a good record of
success
from what can be seen from the feedback in this Newsgroup. Between
negative feed back here and his BBB reports, I'd suggest that take what

you've got and run.

But, then again, he's not going to be around for a second
chance,anyway.

> Rob

Jim

Dec 29, 2006, 12:39:39 PM12/29/06

The reality of it is ...... professionals only ever run into the
DIY'ers that fail.
And that's the truth of it.

Those DIY'ers that are successful don't need a professional.

It's the same logic that's used by police when they say that 98% of
alarm
signals are false.

> My system works perfectly, a big thank you to Robert Bass for your help
> and advice.

You were one of the lucky ones. He doesn't have a good record of

Jim

Dec 29, 2006, 12:39:40 PM12/29/06

The reality of it is ...... professionals only ever run into the
DIY'ers that fail.
And that's the truth of it.

Those DIY'ers that are successful don't need a professional.

It's the same logic that's used by police when they say that 98% of
alarm
signals are false.

> My system works perfectly, a big thank you to Robert Bass for your help
> and advice.

You were one of the lucky ones. He doesn't have a good record of

Robert L Bass

Dec 29, 2006, 1:41:33 PM12/29/06
Hi Robert,

You're most welcome. I'm glad Roland and I were able to help. Hope you have an excellent, safe new year.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
941-866-1100
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================>

Roland

Dec 29, 2006, 3:28:05 PM12/29/06
You're welcome. Sounds like you have an interesting job.

<Robert....@gmail.com> wrote in message
Message has been deleted

mleuck

Jun 29, 2009, 4:22:00 PM6/29/09
On Jun 29, 2:47 pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@gawab.com> wrote:
> LOL...  How did this one show back up?

Yea that is strange

Ever tried the recessed sensors?

Doug

Jun 29, 2009, 4:29:15 PM6/29/09

"G. Morgan" <usenet...@gawab.com> wrote in message

> Robert L Bass wrote:
>
>>> We are in an industry full of whores but only
>>> one of the hookers gets pimp slapped for
>>> being wrong and the other whores who post
>>> here are called "respected contributors".
>>>
>>> We're in the security field and we turn a blind
>>> eye to breaches just because we like the guy
>>> who has created the breach.
>>
>>Well, from one ho' to another, I hope all is well with you. :^)
>>

> LOL... How did this one show back up?

Its a conspiracy, I think Mark may be behind it.

Doug

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Doug

Jun 29, 2009, 8:25:42 PM6/29/09

> Doug wrote:
>
>>Its a conspiracy, I think Mark may be behind it.
>

> Is he smart enough?

Frank's helping him

Doug

Message has been deleted

alarman

Jun 29, 2009, 9:05:51 PM6/29/09
"G. Morgan" <usenet...@gawab.com> wrote in message

> Doug wrote:
>
>>Its a conspiracy, I think Mark may be behind it.
>

> Is he smart enough?

Um, yup.

--
js

mleuck

Jun 30, 2009, 2:16:17 AM6/30/09
On Jun 29, 6:54 pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@gawab.com> wrote:

> mleuck wrote:
> >Yea that is strange
>
> >Ever tried the recessed sensors?
>
> Funny stuff there Mark.  You know what's not too funny?  A liar!!!

I didn't post that

mleuck

Jun 30, 2009, 2:17:00 AM6/30/09
On Jun 29, 6:54 pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@gawab.com> wrote:
> Doug wrote:
> >Its a conspiracy, I think Mark may be behind it.
>
> Is he smart enough?

I thought you were the detective here, check those Internet tubes!

too fat for a ladder

Jun 30, 2009, 5:34:28 AM6/30/09

He's channeling Mike and doing his bidding.

Hey has anyone tracked how far the Stardust capsule has traveled in
space? Mike was very proud of his name being on the scroll along with
the other loony tunes who sent the greeting card to martians.

mleuck

Jun 30, 2009, 10:48:30 AM6/30/09
On Jun 29, 7:51 pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@gawab.com> wrote:

> >> Is he smart enough?
>
> >Frank's helping him
>
> I suppose it does take at least two in order to qualify as an official
> conspiracy.

I didn't know conspiracy's had official rules

mleuck

Jun 30, 2009, 10:50:20 AM6/30/09

I broke out the trusty tape recorder and got no response on this from
Mike

(Ghost hunters will understand this one)

mleuck

Jun 30, 2009, 10:53:54 AM6/30/09
On Jun 29, 8:05 pm, "alarman" <nos...@none.net> wrote:
> "G. Morgan" <usenet_ab...@gawab.com> wrote in message

That's not true and don't throw G off like that, he's far too smart

Jim Rojas

Jun 30, 2009, 2:55:37 PM6/30/09

No white noise huh?

Jim Rojas

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

mleuck

Jun 30, 2009, 10:13:07 PM6/30/09
On Jun 30, 7:36 pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@gawab.com> wrote:
> mleuck wrote:
> >I didn't post that
>
> OH COME ON....
>
> That is bullshit, are you saying that is a *second* forgery?

Yes I am saying that

Robert L Bass

Jun 30, 2009, 10:32:13 PM6/30/09
"G. Morgan" wrote:

> LOL... How did this one show back up?

I have no idea. Must have been the same idiot who keeps trying to stir up a
fight.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

==============================>
Bass Home Electronics
DIY Alarm and Home Automation Store
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
Sales & Service 941-870-2310
Fax 941-870-3252
==============================>

Frank Olson

Jul 1, 2009, 5:57:51 AM7/1/09
G. Morgan wrote:

> mleuck wrote:
>
>>> I suppose it does take at least two in order to qualify as an official
>>> conspiracy.
>> I didn't know conspiracy's had official rules
>

> Of course not, in order for you to understand that you'd need access to a
> "dictionary". Hope this helps.
>
> Here is an example:
>
> conspiracy: [kuhn-spir-uh-see]
>
> 2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret
> by TWO or more persons; plot.
>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conspiracy

So I take it that you and Leuck have formed this "kuhn-spir-uh-see"...
Interesting. :-)

alarman

Jul 1, 2009, 12:01:41 PM7/1/09
mleuck wrote:
> I didn't know conspiracy's had official rules

There ain't no rules in a knife fight, Butch

--
js

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

alarman

Jul 1, 2009, 12:03:34 PM7/1/09
G. Morgan wrote:
> mleuck wrote:
>
>> I didn't post that
>

> OH COME ON....
>
> That is bullshit, are you saying that is a *second* forgery?

This is like watching a cat toy with a mouse.

Message has been deleted

mleuck

Jul 1, 2009, 3:21:12 PM7/1/09
On Jul 1, 12:15 pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@gawab.com> wrote:

> Frank Olson wrote:
> >So I take it that you and Leuck have formed this "kuhn-spir-uh-see"...
> >Interesting.  :-)
>
> Mark doesn't even know what he posted on this NG, you expect him to be
> involved in a detailed plot?

You seem to think so

too fat for a ladder

Jul 1, 2009, 4:22:20 PM7/1/09
On Jul 1, 12:03 pm, "alarman" <nos...@none.net> wrote:
> G. Morgan wrote:
> > mleuck wrote:
>
> >> I didn't post that
>
> > OH COME ON....
>
> > That is bullshit, are you saying that is a *second* forgery?
>
> This is like watching a cat toy with a mouse. <

You need cable tv

mleuck

Jul 1, 2009, 4:49:22 PM7/1/09

I thought you were a Direct TV guy Tom?

Message has been deleted

mleuck

Jul 1, 2009, 9:54:13 PM7/1/09
> Someone is fucking with your computer at work then.  It was posted from
> 65.118.57.210 which belongs to guess who?
>
> http://www.maxmind.com/app/locate_ip?ips=65.118.57.210

You made all that up didn't you?

Jim

Jul 1, 2009, 11:31:07 PM7/1/09