EMG (Ripoff) Security of Sarasota

Robert L Bass

Jan 24, 2010, 12:46:51 AM1/24/10
I recently gave a system to a friend of mine for his home. It's a Napco P1632.
He decided to have it monitored so he called EMG, a local outfit. They sent a
salesman out. The guy told my friend that the Napco system is non-standard and
that no central station in the country can monitor it. Then he tried to get him
to sign a lease for a "better" system.

My friend called me while the salesman was still there and told me what he was
saying. I said, "Throw him out of the house. He's a liar." The sales guy gets
on the phone with me and tries his nonsense line. I told him I've been in the
business over 30 years and that he needs to take a hike.

As my friend threw him out, he kept insisting that no one could monitor the
system. Just for fun, my friend called Bob Campbell's favorite firm and asked
if they can monitor a Napco P1632. "Of course we can. Would you like to make
an appointment...?"

I contacted the firm Jim recommended and they will have it taken care of in a
couple days when I walk him through the programming. Somehow I don't think the
boys down at EMG are happy about me. :)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

==============================>
Bass Home Electronics
DIY Alarm and Home Automation Store
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
Sales & Service 941-870-2310
Fax 941-870-3252
==============================>

Robert L Bass.vcf

mleuck

Jan 24, 2010, 3:13:41 AM1/24/10
On Jan 23, 11:46 pm, "Robert L Bass" <nore...@bogusemail.com> wrote:
> I recently gave a system to a friend of mine for his home.  It's a Napco P1632.
> He decided to have it monitored so he called EMG, a local outfit.  They sent a
> salesman out. The guy told my friend that the Napco system is non-standard and
> that no central station in the country can monitor it.  Then he tried to get him
> to sign a lease for a "better" system.
>
> My friend called me while the salesman was still there and told me what he was
> saying.  I said, "Throw him out of the house.  He's a liar."  The sales guy gets
> on the phone with me and tries his nonsense line.  I told him I've been in the
> business over 30 years and that he needs to take a hike.
>
> As my friend threw him out, he kept insisting that no one could monitor the
> system.  Just for fun, my friend called Bob Campbell's favorite firm and asked
> if they can monitor a Napco P1632.  "Of course we can.  Would you like to make
> an appointment...?"
>
> I contacted the firm Jim recommended and they will have it taken care of in a
> couple days when I walk him through the programming.  Somehow I don't think the
> boys down at EMG are happy about me.  :)
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

EMG was half correct, while they were wrong about not being able to
monitor Napco the DSC panel they would have installed IS a better
system...

nick markowitz

Jan 24, 2010, 7:20:49 AM1/24/10

You should have told your customer to also file a complaint with his
state attorney generals office.

Robert L Bass

Jan 25, 2010, 1:59:19 AM1/25/10
He's not a customer, just a friend. The problem is the sales droid probably
didn't break any laws. He violated professional ethics but unfortunately that's
not a crime. These guys do this all the time and usually get away with it. I'm
glad I no longer go out to sell in people's homes. It was a lot of fun way back
when, but I couldn't tolerate all that nonsense any more, even if I wasn't ill.

There was a guy in CT who used to bad-mouth my little company all the time.
He'd say we ran out CS in the cellar, the garage, an outhouse, whatever. :^)

Customers would sometimes ask what I thought of "so and so's" alarm company. I
figured they'd already had an earful so I just said, "They're a competitor. I'd
rather let them stand or fall on their own merit." Then I'd go right back to my
presentation. Care to guess who won most of those bids?

Recently I found out where that salesman is. He works in sales... for a
distributor. I bear him no grudge though I don't have much respect for him.

I think it was Churchill who said, "It doesn't take all kinds. There simply are
all kinds." :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

==============================>

Bass Home Electronics
DIY Alarm and Home Automation Store
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
Sales & Service 941-870-2310
Fax 941-870-3252
==============================>

"nick markowitz" <nmark...@gmail.com> wrote in message

nick markowitz

Jan 25, 2010, 8:12:16 AM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 1:59 am, "Robert L Bass" <nore...@bogusemail.com> wrote:
> He's not a customer, just a friend.  The problem is the sales droid probably
> didn't break any laws.  He violated professional ethics but unfortunately that's
> not a crime.  These guys do this all the time and usually get away with it.  I'm
> glad I no longer go out to sell in people's homes.  It was a lot of fun way back
> when, but I couldn't tolerate all that nonsense any more, even if I wasn't ill.
>
> There was a guy in CT who used to bad-mouth my little company all the time.
> He'd say we ran out CS in the cellar, the garage, an outhouse, whatever.  :^)
>
> Customers would sometimes ask what I thought of "so and so's" alarm company.  I
> figured they'd already had an earful so I just said, "They're a competitor.  I'd
> rather let them stand or fall on their own merit."  Then I'd go right back to my
> presentation.  Care to guess who won most of those bids?
>
> Recently I found out where that salesman is.  He works in sales... for a
> distributor.  I bear him no grudge though I don't have much respect for him.
>
> I think it was Churchill who said, "It doesn't take all kinds.  There simply are
> all kinds."  :^)
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass
>
> ==============================>
> Bass Home Electronics
> DIY Alarm and Home Automation Storehttp://www.bassburglaralarms.com

> Sales & Service 941-870-2310
> Fax 941-870-3252
> ==============================>
>
> "nick markowitz" <nmarkow...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I haven't taken on any new customers for couple years now and I just
have to laugh as I watch the others around me blow each others brains
out for work. so they can get that all precious MRR .
I had a customer move out of a building with a fire system and new
people move in and call me other day to get it reactivated and I gave
them a good price which they balked as they fooled around for a month
getting bids now that they realize they are going to get screwed all
of a sudden now they need me to do it and right now I have no time so
I told them to call some one else.
Im tired of dealing with fuck offs.
added to I gave them a price