Do "Pet Immunity" Motion Detectors Really Work?

瀏覽次數:2,307 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

leef

未讀,
1998年11月25日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/25
收件者:
Our neighbor had an Ademco system installed by ADT. While the rep who
sold the system said that it would be set upwith pet immunity sensors,
the technician who actually installed the system said that pet immunity
did not really work very elll - he used regular motion sensors and in
fact put one sensor upside down so that it would not detect motion near
the floor.

My neighbors have one small dog.

We have two cats, and are about to get a pet-immunity system from our
local CMS (not ADT), using Radionics equipment. Can we expect the same
thing? Is pet immunity just a gimmic?

Thanks for your consistently excellent advice - this is certainly a good
forum with great "regulars" participating!

Lee

le...@voicenet.com

If you autoreply, please trim the FAT first!

Roy Gee

未讀,
1998年11月25日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/25
收件者:
I have used a few of the pet immune detectors. They are rated as to the size
of the animal [under 25 lbs, over 75 lbs etc] They really do work if you get
the ones rated for the size of animal you have and if you install according
to manufacturers directions. [where animal can't climb stairs or furniture
to get closer to unit etc.] IMHO The installer either didn't have the
proper detector with him and didn't want to make a return trip or didn't
have much experience with them.

Robert L Bass

未讀,
1998年11月25日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/25
收件者:
Pet immunity isn't a gimmick, Lee. But it's also not a 100% effective
technology. There are a number of detector models which perform the task in
various ways. The method you mentioned, installing the PIR low on the wall
and upside down, is a way of providing a "pet alley" -- protection ignores
the area near the floor. A few years ago this was the only option for homes
with free roaming pets.

The problem with pet alley motion detection is your pet may not realize he's
supposed to stay down there. Dogs jump on furniture and sometimes knock
things over -- especially when squirrels, postmen or other dogs enter the
dog's personal space (usually county wide if you asked my old dog). Cats
can jump from the floor to the top of the refrigerator. They do this mainly
to test your alarm system while you're at work.

The newer style pet immune detectors seem to be a bit more reliable but,
like anything else, there's a trade-off. The more "immune" they are to
larger animals or multiple small animals, the less sensitive they are to
people. I've sold a number of Ademco Quest 2135 units to DIY clients and so
far I've had no bad feedback or returns.

We did get a couple of C&K units returned some time back. The main
complaint was they could be circumvented by walking very slowly through the
room. This is unlikely to be a major problem because the thief who enters a
home is usually moving apace, looking for VCRs and credit cards, etc. Not
too many are knowledgeable of alarms. But there is a potential there so I
don't encourage reliance on these units as one's primary protection.

The best method of protecting *most* residences continues to be a full
perimeter system with a few motion sensors as a backup. Windows and
exterior doors, as well as doors to the garage, should have "contacts"
(magnetic sensors) installed. Reliable glass break sensors (I prefer the
C&K IntelliSense brand) are a useful complement to the contacts. Place
motion detectors in rooms that contain target items -- master bedroom,
family room; and in central points like stairways or hallways where a thief
will likely pass.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=====================>
Bass Home Electronics
The Online DIY Alarm Store
http://www.BassHome.com
80 Bentwood Road
West Hartford, CT 06107
860-561-9542 voice
860-521-2143 fax
=====================>

leef wrote in message <365C2B99...@voicenet.FAT.com>...

Bass, Robert L.vcf

Scott A Blair

未讀,
1998年11月25日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/25
收件者:
I have almost 100 DSC Power832 systems in the field, and have used DSC
Bravo6 quad passive ('pet proof') units excusively. I've yet to have a false
alarm problem with any of these inits that can't be explained by a furniture
move (cat jumps on newly moved piano 4 feet from detector, etc.) or mylar
balloon, etc.

Read the instructions carefully.... The technology is sound, folks- it seems
that our installation practices are often the deciding factor in false-prone
motions.

Bill Miller

未讀,
1998年11月25日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/25
收件者:

Recently put in a system with two DSC Bravo 6 and a small spaniel. All
kinds of false alarms because the dog behaved more like a cat and jumped
all over furniture, climbed onto the kitchen table and counters, things
dogs aren't supposed to do. Replaced them with C&K DT500 sensors;
exactly to C&K specs, and the basement sensor still went crazy with
false alarms as the dog moved about the house. Got a Visonic K-940 from
Peter Garnham, the Visonic rep. here and put it in the basement. I sat
on a chesterfield for about 45 minutes throwing pieces of bread all over
the room that the dog ran to eat. Up onto the couches, chairs, stairs,
furniture, and as fast as I could get her to run from one end of the
room to the other. The alarm did not detect her at all but if I moved
more than about 6 inches it caught me immediately. This was 3 weeks ago
and the alarm has not falsed again. They did something weird with the
lens so that the zones are not evenly shaped and rather than look at the
room in an array of fingers they look into the room in vertical
curtains. It works very well.

Bill Miller
Belgard Alarms Ltd.

Scott A Blair

未讀,
1998年11月25日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/25
收件者:
The Bravo 6 is very sensitive to even slight changes in angle. That is, if
your wall isn't perfectly plumb (most aren't) and you don't mount it at
least 6 feet from ANYWHERE a pet could go, you will get false alarms and/or
poor performance.

The mounting height and corresponding downlook angle need to be set
precisely, taking into account any minor out-of-plumb conditions of the
wall, for the detectors to work properly.

If the proper angle is obtained, and the detctor is at least 6 feet from
anywhere the animal could climb, I've not had any problems- even from cats
on the fridge, on the counter, table, etc.

I HAVE, however, had to fine-tune my angle adjustment often after
installation to keep the detector from tripping during pet-proof
walk-testing.

Irv Fisher

未讀,
1998年11月26日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/26
收件者:
Or honestly didn't believe they would work......

Nick

未讀,
1998年11月26日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/26
收件者:
Hello Bill:
I enjoyed reading your message more than any other I can recall lately! Sounds
like you did well with the Visonic detector.
The things we do for our customers sometimes to get things right.
Very Best Regards,
Nick

--
The SafetyFirst Company of New Jersey, Inc. /d.b.a.
Hammonton Alarm Company SafetyFirst Security Systems

James

未讀,
1998年11月26日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/26
收件者:
I have used Ademco Quest 2135 dual tech motion detectors with good success.
I think proper placement and following the enclosed directions will give you
success using pet immunity motion detectors. I also think you should educate
the customer how the motion works and what type of conditions may caused a
false alarm. I have installed these motions so far where there has been 3 or
less cats or a dog under 40 pounds.

Regards,
James Venneman
jamesv...@epix.net

St...@my-dejanews.com

未讀,
1998年11月26日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/26
收件者:
Leef,
In the past "Installers" used to take a pir and put it "upside down" to mask
out the lower fields of view where pets usually roam. I agree that the new
detectors with built-in "pet immunity" work very well, it sounds to me the ADT
tech was not well informed of the latest technology. Ademco has varous types
of Pet immune detectors available on the market.
article <73iqcf$cde$1...@news1.epix.net>,

--
Check out the latest on Do-it-yourself security systems featuring Ademco
equipment: Http://www.alarm

Irv Fisher

未讀,
1998年11月27日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/27
收件者:
If you ask the experts that build motions, they'll tell you all false alarms are
due to installer error. But I still think it's more practical to build a
perfect motion than to requre they be installed by perfect installers.

RobAZ1

未讀,
1998年11月27日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/27
收件者:
Just a word of caution regarding "pet immunity" detectors. Many have come a
long way from the initail introduction. Some are operating close to those of
regular motions.
However, they are not 100%. The specifications for use and installation
requires constant vigilance in furniture placement, number of animals, habits
of the animal, etc. If your pet enters the protected area 10,000 times a month
and you only have one false alarm as a result, that's very, very good. I
wiould even go on to say it's outstanding. BUT, remember you may be the person
responsible for any false alarm assesment and I know few communities that will
let you get away with 12 a year without a fine. Even if you are only fined a
flat $50 per occurance on the 6th - 12th, you will end uthat's $300 a year (not
to mention the possibility of not having them respond) that could have been
used in some form of alternative method (contact and glass breaks) that would
have less false alarms as a result of the actions of your pet.

Just though I would throw that out since I know many people who have paid fines
as a result of "pet immunity"detectors that were not so imune to pets.

Rob-

leef

未讀,
1998年11月27日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/27
收件者:
RobAZ1 wrote:

[snip]

> However, they are not 100%. The specifications for use and installation
> requires constant vigilance in furniture placement, number of animals, habits
> of the animal, etc. If your pet enters the protected area 10,000 times a month
> and you only have one false alarm as a result, that's very, very good. I
> wiould even go on to say it's outstanding. BUT, remember you may be the person
> responsible for any false alarm assesment and I know few communities that will
> let you get away with 12 a year without a fine. Even if you are only fined a
> flat $50 per occurance on the 6th - 12th, you will end uthat's $300 a year (not
> to mention the possibility of not having them respond) that could have been
> used in some form of alternative method (contact and glass breaks) that would
> have less false alarms as a result of the actions of your pet.

[snip]

You raise a VERY interesting point. However, I found your math - well - a bit
interseting as well. If you base the fines on 12 occurances/year (one per month) -
and if that is based on one PIR activation per 10,000 passes, then:

My cat, who sleeps at least 12 hours/day, would have to walk past the detector 28
times per hour - or once every two minutes - for her entire waking life to do
10,000 passes per month. If she was an insomniac, she'd still have to walk by it
once every four minutes with no sleep - without a break - 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week.

If she was that overactive, she'd surely burn out after the first month and die,
and nothing would accidently activate the system for the rest of the year (unless,
of course, I got another animal - but I'd learn from the first and get a very old,
slow one).

<G>

Have a great holiday! :-))

RobAZ1

未讀,
1998年11月29日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/29
收件者:
>From: leef <FAT...@voicenet.FAT.com>

>My cat, who sleeps at least 12 hours/day,

Ahhhhh, but isn't that the mystery of our feline friends? We think they sleep
all day long, but reality is they hold some of the hottest "Kitty" parties when
we are not around.

Had a client once who swore the alarm company ripped him off cause the "pet
alley" set up on the PIRs would still sound the alarm. After the alarm company
(at their expense) switched out the PIR's to "pet immunity" detectors he still
had false alarms. (Now let me say that his cat has never ever jumped up on the
furniture and only climbs a cat tree in front of a window away from the PIR's).
He trully felt that the detectors were crap and the company deceived him. The
alarm company adjusted several times but there still were false alarms. Well,
I had him not dust for two months and after those two months I visted the home
and low and behold, that cat that never climbs or jumps on furniture, who
always stays on the floor, who's too old and fat to do more than sleep, eat,
and poop, had pawprints up on the furniture including a 6' entertainment
center.

Bottom line is, cat's and motions do not mix regardless of the level of
immunity.

>Have a great holiday! :-))

Thanks, I did and hope you had a great one too.

Rob-

leef

未讀,
1998年11月29日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/29
收件者:
RobAZ1 wrote:

[snip]

> Bottom line is, cat's and motions do not mix regardless of the level of
> immunity.
>

> Rob-

So you're saying that pet immune motion detectors do not work with cats???

RobAZ1

未讀,
1998年11月30日 凌晨3:00:001998/11/30
收件者:
>From: leef

>So you're saying that pet immune motion
>detectors do not work with cats???

I'm saying that pet immunity detectors are designed to provide a certain level
of immunity providing they are specifiec correctly (not a problem for a
professional to do), installed correctly (sometimes a problem, but installers
are getting better at the installation), and The Cat Doesn't Do The Things That
Could Set It Off By Accident (and we all know cats never do what we want,
expect, or think they do).

My main point is that everyone should go ahead and install them, just make sure
the consumer is aware that they are not 100%, there will be an occasional false
alarm, and if the consumer is paying the false alarm assesment.

Rob-

Duane Randle

未讀,
1998年12月1日 凌晨3:00:001998/12/1
收件者:
A true pet immune motion det. has both pir/microwave technology.

must be mounted 6ft up and have at least first 6ft clearance, from
floor,tables,couches,etc... and not next to a heater vent.
duane

Robert L Bass

未讀,
1998年12月1日 凌晨3:00:001998/12/1
收件者:

These specs vary from model to model, Duane.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

==========================>

Bass Home Electronics
The Online DIY Alarm Store
http://www.BassHome.com
80 Bentwood Road
West Hartford, CT 06107
860-561-9542 voice
860-521-2143 fax

==========================>

RobAZ1

未讀,
1998年12月2日 凌晨3:00:001998/12/2
收件者:
>From: Homea...@webtv.net (Duane Randle)

>A true pet immune motion det. has both
> pir/microwave technology.

WARNING
Nit-Pick Correction......

There is no such thing as a true pet immunity detector.

........... End Nit-Pick Correction

>must be mounted 6ft up and have at least

> first 6ft clearance, from floor,tables, >couches,etc... and not next to a
heater vent.

You forgot to mention the clear of pet zone which is something most consumers
Can't control.

Rob-

Duane Randle

未讀,
1998年12月3日 凌晨3:00:001998/12/3
收件者:
Thanks Robert & Rob,
All doors and windows are better if you have a pet and the pet has full
run of the house.

As ever
Duane Randle
SecurityLink from Ameritech

Robert L Bass

未讀,
1998年12月4日 凌晨3:00:001998/12/4
收件者:
Duane Randle wrote:

> Thanks Robert & Rob,
> All doors and windows are better if you have a pet
> and the pet has full run of the house.

Correction: A full perimeter system is always better for a residence. A
hard-wired system is usually best. A system you own (not lease) is better
yet.

Irv Fisher

未讀,
1998年12月4日 凌晨3:00:001998/12/4
收件者:
A true pet immunde motion det. is 'immune' to pets. How it achieves
that is the business of the mfgr. It could use doppler radar or
sighted spectroscopy for all that matters. We achieved similar levels
of pet immunity using 'twinning' and broken PIR's 10 years ago. We
just happened to call them 'pet resistant arrays' then.
If the mfgrs advertised to the public, they'd call them 'pet
resistant'. But they advertise to alarm installers so they call them
pet immune. Doesn't say a lot for us does it?

Duane Randle wrote:

> A true pet immune motion det. has both pir/microwave technology.
>

> must be mounted 6ft up and have at least first 6ft clearance, from

> floor,tables,couches,etc... and not next to a heater vent.
> duane

Irv Fisher

未讀,
1998年12月4日 凌晨3:00:001998/12/4
收件者:
I dont get a good feeling when a mfgr says they're immune to pets but
can be activated by a heater vent.... dont you guys ever laugh at the
nonsense that comes from the mftrs??????

Robert L Bass wrote:

> Duane Randle wrote:
> >
> > A true pet immune motion det. has both pir/microwave technology.
>
> > must be mounted 6ft up and have at least first 6ft clearance, from
> > floor,tables,couches,etc... and not next to a heater vent.
>

> These specs vary from model to model, Duane.

1990s...@gmail.com

未讀,
2014年6月7日 下午5:23:532014/6/7
收件者:
Skipping all 16 years into the future, pet immunity detectors have become so much more reliable. For instance, Pyronix and Visonic (all the major brands) have developed new pet tolerant PIR sensors that are essentially so reliable, and use extremely reliable chipsets as the ones you were talking about were from the 90s, and since then they have come a looooong way. They don't even have relays in them anymore! (not the noisy ones anyway)
You can buy dual tech sensors and they only cost between £10 and £20 for a decent quality system.

Harry

On Wednesday, November 25, 1998 8:00:00 AM UTC, leef wrote:
> Our neighbor had an Ademco system installed by ADT. While the rep who
> sold the system said that it would be set upwith pet immunity sensors,
> the technician who actually installed the system said that pet immunity
> did not really work very elll - he used regular motion sensors and in
> fact put one sensor upside down so that it would not detect motion near
> the floor.
>
> My neighbors have one small dog.
>
> We have two cats, and are about to get a pet-immunity system from our
> local CMS (not ADT), using Radionics equipment. Can we expect the same
> thing? Is pet immunity just a gimmic?
>
> Thanks for your consistently excellent advice - this is certainly a good
> forum with great "regulars" participating!
>
> Lee

JoeRaisin

未讀,
2014年6月7日 晚上9:41:522014/6/7
收件者:
On 6/7/2014 5:23 PM, 1990s...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 25, 1998 8:00:00 AM UTC, leef wrote:
>> Our neighbor had an Ademco system installed by ADT. While the rep who
>> sold the system said that it would be set upwith pet immunity sensors,
>> the technician who actually installed the system said that pet immunity
>> did not really work very elll - he used regular motion sensors and in
>> fact put one sensor upside down so that it would not detect motion near
>> the floor.
>>
>> My neighbors have one small dog.
>>
>> We have two cats, and are about to get a pet-immunity system from our
>> local CMS (not ADT), using Radionics equipment. Can we expect the same
>> thing? Is pet immunity just a gimmic?
>>
>> Thanks for your consistently excellent advice - this is certainly a good
>> forum with great "regulars" participating!
>>
>> Lee
>>
>> --
>> le...@voicenet.com
>>
>> If you autoreply, please trim the FAT first!

I have ademco pet immune motion detectors in my house and have never had
a problem with two cats - one was a 17 pound Tom whose front paws could
reach the kitchen counter.

Well... unless you count the time I stacked some crap in such a way he
was able to get within 4-5 ft of the detector when he jumped up on the
stack...

---

訊息已遭刪除

Bob La Londe

未讀,
2014年6月17日 下午2:26:052014/6/17
收件者:
And yet the old C&K / Intellisense DT-500 still works pretty good after all
these years. I don't care for them in small to tiny environments, but I
trust them much more than many of the cheaper pet "resistant" motion sensors
available today.

P.S. I've had decent luck with the Napco Gemini PIRPET wireless motion.
Then, they cost more than the DT-500.

Bob La Londe
Top Posting Scum

<1990s...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Jim

未讀,
2014年6月17日 晚上11:00:392014/6/17
收件者:
On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:26:05 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> And yet the old C&K / Intellisense DT-500 still works pretty good after all
>
> these years. I don't care for them in small to tiny environments, but I
>
> trust them much more than many of the cheaper pet "resistant" motion sensors
>
> available today.
>

> P.S. I've had decent luck with the Napco Gemini PIRPET wireless motion.
>
> Then, they cost more than the DT-500.
>

> Bob La Londe

I've used Visonic for so many years I've forgotten how long it's been. Gotta be back to at least the early 80's. Lot's of people don't like them because (I think it was) the "Fox" model that was really sensitive and were said to have a lot of false trips. I never had a problem with them though. I've always had good luck with them. Still have some of the SRN 2000 (I Think) working all these years. That's the one that has about 25 different lenses. And I think they still make it.

Now I mostly use the dual/tec Duo 200e and 220 (look down) models which are not pet immune but I ordered extra pet immune lenses for the K940's which work in the 200 and 220 if needed. If I have to use more then one motion detector in close proximity I use a dual tec Duo 200 or 220 and a K940 so I don't have RF interference problems. That's worked so far.

RTS

未讀,
2014年6月18日 上午11:52:472014/6/18
收件者:
"Jim" wrote in message
What I've learned over the years, with motion detectors the golden rule
is "PLACEMENT" consider all the factors in the field of view...

RTS

Jim

未讀,
2014年6月18日 下午5:02:042014/6/18
收件者:
Exactly!

Bob La Londe

未讀,
2014年6月18日 下午5:46:532014/6/18
收件者:

"Jim" <alar...@aol.com> wrote in message
I should show you some of the huge old pole barn warehouses I've had to do.
There is no such thing as good placement.

RTS

未讀,
2014年6月18日 晚上11:00:012014/6/18
收件者:
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message news:lnt1ca$1dp$1...@dont-email.me...
There is always a better "place" than just random chance....

((even Bats and Cats will avoid some areas))

Jim

未讀,
2014年6月25日 晚上9:35:352014/6/25
收件者:
On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:46:53 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "Jim" wrote in message
>

> >> What I've learned over the years, with motion detectors the golden
>
> >> rule
>

> >> is "PLACEMENT" consider all the factors in the field of view...
>

> >> RTS
>

> > Exactly!
>

> I should show you some of the huge old pole barn warehouses I've had to do.
>
> There is no such thing as good placement.

So what do you do in such cases, parallel Dual/tech motions? or buy them a barnyard dog?

RTS

未讀,
2014年6月25日 晚上9:58:122014/6/25
收件者:
"Jim" wrote in message
- - - - - - -

worst case I ever had was a sack feed/seed storage barn at a Farm supply
company..

had to cross connect in parallel 3 pir motions with a 75' photo beam.

caught 2 break-ins but ignored all the birds, rats and cats..

Bob La Londe

未讀,
2014年6月26日 下午1:29:462014/6/26
收件者:
"Jim" <alar...@aol.com> wrote in message
Anding groups, multiple PEs, contacts on everything, just lots of stuff.
Atleast they listened and didn't put ANYTHING against outside walls unlike a
computer parts importer I know of who once pulled a pallet of computer
mother boards away from an outside wall only to find they had a shell with a
hollow core open to the outside wall.

Jim

未讀,
2014年6月27日 下午2:44:252014/6/27
收件者:
On Thursday, June 26, 2014 1:29:46 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "Jim" wrote in message

> > So what do you do in such cases, parallel Dual/tech motions? or buy them a
>
> > barnyard dog?
>

> Anding groups, multiple PEs, contacts on everything, just lots of stuff.
>
> Atleast they listened and didn't put ANYTHING against outside walls unlike a
>
> computer parts importer I know of who once pulled a pallet of computer
>
> mother boards away from an outside wall only to find they had a shell with a
>
> hollow core open to the outside wall.

Had a similar thing in a big fish market, of all places. Empty store next door. Thieves had cut a hole in the back of a closed cabinet under the deep sink and blocked it with a false panel and would come in once a week to take the shrimp. But not all of it. Owner couldn't figure out why he kept running out of shrimp and the shrimp was worth thousands. He thought it was employees and even fired some people. I hooked up a silent alarm and he was called instead of the police. Come to find out it was relatives of the people he fired. I have no idea what happened when he caught them but ..... if it means anything .... the store owner was first generation Italian. I have a feeling that the saying " He sleeps with the fishes" could have originated with him.

skoda...@gmail.com

未讀,
2017年4月27日 凌晨4:31:052017/4/27
收件者:
first off all sorry for my english.
i am thinking to put allarm system in my house.the way i am thinking is magnetic sensors on door windows and 2 simple motion detectors in the house.
i dont have pets in the house.now as for my front yard there is a lot of cats.
i was thinking for pet imunity sensor to protect my yard before the thif came close and brake a window or picklock my door.now i asked alot of companies that put alarm systems and 90% of them tell me that even expensive pet sensors about 200 euros and 300 euros will give false alarms.they say that when a cat enter the protected area just wallking the sensor will not activate but when the cat run or jumping or fights with other cats the sensor increases the mass of the cats above the maximun kilograms and activates false alarm.so what to do? i need some way to proteck my front yard before the thif has the ability to make a damage to my exterior house.

Jim Davis

未讀,
2017年4月27日 上午11:22:402017/4/27
收件者:
What the alarm companies are NOT telling you is that any kind of outdoor sensors are going to be activated by every kind of motion you can think of. Blowing leaves, insects crawling on the face of the sensor, birds, branches moving in the wind ... and so on.

So,............ although there are sensors that are available for outside use they are for large commercial installations, are very expensive and usually require a local guard response because of false alarms. The type of devices that are used for home installations are not designed to do what you want to do.

Don't use outdoor sensors.

Richard

未讀,
2017年4月27日 下午4:26:542017/4/27
收件者:
Now Jim let's not be to hasty. ;-)

He could use pressure mats crossed zones or paralleled with motion
detectors set at their maximum crossing point 25-35 feet looking
directly at each other, so all 3 would need to trip at the same time to
cause an alarm..
Providing of course he included a temp sensor to disable the whole thing
if the temp dropped below 35 degrees F. or above 100 degrees F.
It would also be helpful to add a 22,000 hz 50db background horn to keep
the effected area blanketed with that noise to keep critters away..

Yea, I think it could be done with a little effort and forethought...

--
from the desk of:
*Richard Phillips, FAR-601

Jim Davis

未讀,
2017年4月28日 下午6:24:162017/4/28
收件者:
On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 4:26:54 PM UTC-4, Richard wrote:
> Now Jim let's not be to hasty. ;-)
>
> He could use pressure mats crossed zones or paralleled with motion
> detectors set at their maximum crossing point 25-35 feet looking
> directly at each other, so all 3 would need to trip at the same time to
> cause an alarm..
> Providing of course he included a temp sensor to disable the whole thing
> if the temp dropped below 35 degrees F. or above 100 degrees F.
> It would also be helpful to add a 22,000 hz 50db background horn to keep
> the effected area blanketed with that noise to keep critters away..
>
> Yea, I think it could be done with a little effort and forethought...

Well since we're talking about keeping cats out, much more environmentally considerate would be to set out tiny land mines. ME ..... BANG!.... OW...!

((((( As an aside, I might suggest that you do not put all of your personal information on your posts in this group. ))))))

RTS

未讀,
2017年4月29日 上午10:08:212017/4/29
收件者:
for cats we use the ole disco ball with RED LED lasers,
It seem the cats will play all night chasing the little spots...

RTS
0 則新訊息