question about baron automatic motorcycle??

B S

Dec 29, 2005, 8:22:59 PM12/29/05
have you guys seen the 2 models? they are automatic motorcycles, slash
scooters. the looks are very cool, just not too sure how good they are?
they both are 250cc, the one is cf moto v3, looks very futuristic. the
model cf moto v5 , loooks more like a cruiser. i was just wondering if
anyone knew anything about these scooter/motorcycles? how is baron as a
company? thanks, bs

Trevor George

Dec 30, 2005, 3:58:59 AM12/30/05
"B S" wrote in message ...

> have you guys seen the 2 models? they are automatic motorcycles,
> slash scooters. the looks are very cool,

Well you didn't provide a whole lot of info, or any links, but a search on Google for
"cf moto V3" came up with this ....
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/mcy/120003056.html

and this ...
http://tinyurl.com/7ftsk

I wonder how much they paid the guy wearing the bandana in the 5th picture down for
posing next to that?

It's certainly an "interesting" concept (no further comments)

--
Trevor George, Bristol, UK.
Home - http://www.PoolesWharf.com

happy-guy

Dec 30, 2005, 9:11:41 AM12/30/05
Though I'm not interested in buying one (have a silverwing), if the build
quality is ok, not a bad price. Must be coming in from Asia. Looks like it
might be a tad on the small side, but if half way decent, could give vespa
knock offs a run for their money... good looking, cheap, and cheap to
run.... looks kind of BMWish.....

I would have worn the bandana and posed for free just to get on the net....
but, no one asked me...

Happy Guy, "Laissez les bons temps roulez"
.
.

SoCalMike

Dec 30, 2005, 8:25:17 PM12/30/05

personally, id rather get a new kawasaki ninja 250 for $2999, and save
the $500 for gas and insurance. or hell- any other 250cc japanese bike
runs about that much. or a barely used 250cc japanese scooter, or
new/newer 250 kymco.

theres nothing about that bike that makes it worth $3500.

bust a turn signal or mirror on a kawi, and you can get a new one at
your dealer. bust a part on a "Baron", and IF you can find someone that
has access to parts you might be waiting for the next boat from china.

it looks nice, but baron is no more proven a company than any other
chinese clone maker.

kymco is about as "no name" as id go for a motorcycle.

Ron

Dec 31, 2005, 6:49:07 PM12/31/05
I own a V3. It is manufactured by CFMOTO. One importer brands them as
"Baron" but that is just a U.S. name to give some local appeal, I think.
CFMOTO is a high-quality Chinese manufacturing company primarily noted for
their line of small water-cooled engines. The company manufactures several
high-quality scooters in addition to the V3 and V5 motorcycles.

The V3 is a very nice performing 250cc CVT machine. Extremely smooth and
quiet throughout the entire speed range. Performance is brisk for a 250cc
machine, with acceleration comparable to my Majesty 400. Comes with a
Gold-Wing style audio panel that will play tapes, AM/FM, and MP3. Fit and
finish are far above what one would normally associate with a Chinese
import. Having a low seat height and automatic transmission should appeal
to many new riders. At the MSF school where I teach, we continually have
requests for information by new riders searching for this type of machine.
It definitely fills a niche that no one else is addressing at this time,
except for Ridley, however their prices begin at about $16K.

Unlike most Chinese imports, the operator's manual is written in clear, easy
to understand English, with very complete information on use of features and
routine maintenance. The only thing lacking is information on the use of
the alarm system. Although it works very well, you are left to figure out
the keypresses to arm/unarm and use of the remote acessory operation. Not
hard to figure out, but it would have been nice to have a detailed
explanation of the various options.

Only 3 complaints so far: 1. The clock should be LCD instead of LED to be
able to read in direct sunlight. 2. Should have resettable odometer, and
3. Centerstand is a plus for maintenance, but it is VERY difficult for one
person to put the bike on the centerstand due to a very short footlever
tang.

MSF RiderCoach
Ft Myers, FL

"SoCalMike" <Mikein562...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

B S

Dec 31, 2005, 9:14:30 PM12/31/05
thans for all the info everyone!! i have another question. if china can
make a automatic motorcycle, where are the japanese companies??? i think
if the hondas, and suzukis, and so on, made something like this, it
would open up a whole bunch more new buyers!! what do you guys think??
thanks again, brad

SoCalMike

Dec 31, 2005, 9:50:20 PM12/31/05

they already make 250cc bikes, for $3000. i guess they figure if
someones going to pay a premium for a CVT belt drive scooter, it might
as well have wind protection and storage. i really dont see much of a
market for a specialty niche like that.

asian cruisers arent particularly popular (compared to hardleys, at least)

250cc bikes arent very popular, except for some beginners

CVT drive scooter sales are a drop in the bucket compared to "real"
motorcycles

add all that together, and you have a recipe for something that will
collect dust on the showroom floor.

Bama Brian

Jan 1, 2006, 12:26:56 PM1/1/06
Google up the following:
Suzuki Burgman
Yamaha Majesty
Honda Silverwing
Yamaha 2006 FJR1300AE (although this one is not a true automatic)

--
Cheers,
Bama Brian

SoCalMike

Jan 1, 2006, 4:58:36 PM1/1/06
Bama Brian wrote:
> B S wrote:
>> thans for all the info everyone!! i have another question. if china can
>> make a automatic motorcycle, where are the japanese companies??? i think
>> if the hondas, and suzukis, and so on, made something like this, it
>> would open up a whole bunch more new buyers!! what do you guys think??
>> thanks again, brad
>>
> Google up the following:
> Suzuki Burgman
> Yamaha Majesty
> Honda Silverwing

theyre all scooters. the OP was proposing an auto trannied 250cc
motorcycle/cruiser

Jack Brown

Jan 1, 2006, 10:47:15 PM1/1/06

Well....Kymco has the Vitality 250 automatic motorcycle for about
4300. But if I wanted a mc and could only get one, it'd be bigger
than 250cc and wouldn't be an automatic.

Bama Brian

Jan 2, 2006, 12:22:29 PM1/2/06

Uh huh. 250cc, 400cc, 600cc, and 650cc "scooters" that weigh up to 550
lbs. Some "scooters".

My Burgie 650 will run an honest 110 and carry two on the freeway at
every legal speed - plus!

Just how do _you_ define a scooter?

Jim Crowther

Jan 2, 2006, 2:02:24 PM1/2/06
On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 17:22:29, Bama Brian wrote:

>Just how do _you_ define a scooter?

Step-through rather than leg-over. Just another type of motor-bike. :)

--
Jim Crowther. "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,

SoCalMike

Jan 3, 2006, 8:06:08 PM1/3/06
Bama Brian wrote:

> Just how do _you_ define a scooter?

more or less:

step through
CVT/auto tranny (excepting relics like the bajaj, stella, etc)
no more than 2 cylinders
built in lockable storage that will hold at least a helmet.

more importantly:

whatever the marketers at yamaha, honda, and suzuki deem a "scooter" to
be. my burgman 400 is listed as a scooter in the suzuki literature,
therefore, its a scooter.

that chinese thing that looks like a cruiser but has a scooter
drivetrain? not a scooter.

yes, the lines are being blurred, and ithink the Tmax comes closest to
being a motorcycle while still remaining a scooter.

Mark Wilden

Jan 3, 2006, 9:50:36 PM1/3/06

>> Just how do _you_ define a scooter?
>
> more or less:
>
> step through
> CVT/auto tranny (excepting relics like the bajaj, stella, etc)
> no more than 2 cylinders
> built in lockable storage that will hold at least a helmet.

That would be a modern scooter. A vintage scoot would only be defined by the
first criterion (and perhaps the third).

B S

Jan 5, 2006, 5:03:53 PM1/5/06
has anyone heard if they will ever bring the t-max here to the states?
thanx for all the info on my original post!! bs

SoCalMike

Jan 5, 2006, 8:25:53 PM1/5/06
B S wrote:
> has anyone heard if they will ever bring the t-max here to the states?
> thanx for all the info on my original post!! bs

wasnt at the LA area motorcycle show, didnt bother to ask. if somethings
coming out this year, its almost ALWAYS at the show. they had the
morphous, FWIW. i STILL think its a coolass scooter.

B S

Jan 6, 2006, 5:03:14 PM1/6/06
hey mike, who makes the morphous? were there any other new maxi scooters
at the show for 2006? ty bs

SoCalMike

Jan 7, 2006, 12:55:00 AM1/7/06
B S wrote:
> hey mike, who makes the morphous? were there any other new maxi scooters
> at the show for 2006? ty bs

yamaha. definitely worth a look if you want a low-slung weird looking
250. ive got a feeling its marketed toward people who would otherwise
buy a helix, due to the seat height and "only" having 250cc.

as for other maxis? piaggio was in full force. i think they had an X9 on
display, honda with the reflex/helix/big ruckus 250s and the silverwing.
suzuki had the burgmans, with a 400s "sport" model and a 650 "executive"
that sported a standard passenger backrest, ABS, and power fold-in
mirrors for lane splitting.