What's XT, NT and Non NT for Garmin maps

cicada

Oct 11, 2008, 7:05:18 AM10/11/08
I'm seeing Garmin XT, NT and Non NT on Garmin map software titles.
What do they mean?

I have a Nuvi 200. What Garmin maps can I load on it? Its very-
simple manual doesn't say anything on how to load up extra maps. What
a disaster manual from a big company like Garmin! Very user
unfriendly.

Are there any trail maps for hiking for New York area available for
this device? Garmin said the device is portable;)

cicada

Oct 11, 2008, 10:22:19 PM10/11/08

No one know the answer to my questions? Please help.

Mike Lane

Oct 12, 2008, 6:59:45 AM10/12/08
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 03:22:19 +0100, cicada wrote
(in article
<8967bc1c-b262-4928...@t41g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>):

I haven't noticed any maps with the XT suffix, but NT and non-NT are
identical in content but differ in the way that the data is
compressed. You need to get the correct type for your particular
unit. NT is the newer type which is said to use the more efficient
type of compression and is used by the newer Garmin units including
(I think) all Nuvis.

--
Mike Lane (UK North Yorkshire)
To contact me replace invalid with mike underscore lane

Ken Heaton

Oct 13, 2008, 7:48:26 AM10/13/08

Good information and a clear description of Garmin's different map
types here:

http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/garmin-mobile-pc/711-garmin-mobile-pc-faq.html

See Parts One & Two. You could also try this page:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=9160&tab=nuvi200

Click on the maps tab.

ast...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2008, 7:05:18 PM10/22/08
On Oct 13, 7:48 am, Ken Heaton <kenhea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 11, 8:05 am, cicada <ryinm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm seeing Garmin XT, NT and Non NT on Garmin map software titles.
> > What do they mean?
>
> > I have a Nuvi 200.  What Garmin maps can I load on it?  Its very-
> > simple manual doesn't say anything on how to load up extra maps.  What
> > a disaster manual from a big company like Garmin!  Very user
> > unfriendly.
>
> > Are there any trail maps for hiking for New York area available for
> > this device?  Garmin said the device is portable;)
>
> Good information and a clear description of Garmin's different map
> types here:
>
> http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/garmin-mobile-pc/711-garmin-mobile-pc-f...

> See Parts One & Two.  You could also try this page:
>
> https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=9160&tab=nuvi200
>
> Click on the maps tab.

XT is for mobiles. it shows that this software typically and not the
maps is for the windows mobile based GPS devices.... typically its
called 'Garmin XT Mobile'.

Bob

Oct 23, 2008, 12:29:53 PM10/23/08
> Are there any trail maps for hiking for New York area available for
> this device?  Garmin said the device is portable;)

Garmin's US Topo National Parks East includes Topo Maps in the
Adirondacks area and a swath around the Appalacian Trail. Some but not
all trails are shown.

esandb...@cbcsd.org

Jan 9, 2018, 1:02:55 PM1/9/18
This is a student email account managed by the Council Bluffs Community
School District. Use of this account is governed by the Laws of Iowa and
the policies of the Board of Education. Please report misuse of this
account to c...@cbcsd.org

esandb...@cbcsd.org

Jan 9, 2018, 1:03:14 PM1/9/18