Today's Bizarro comic

Howard Lester

Feb 17, 2010, 8:29:17 AM2/17/10
Very appropriate per some previous discussions:

http://www.seattlepi.com/fun/comic.asp?feature_id=Bizarro for Feb. 17

Gene E. Bloch

Feb 17, 2010, 5:42:52 PM2/17/10
On 2/17/10, Howard Lester posted:

> Very appropriate per some previous discussions:

I thought of posting this too. You're much quicker on the trigger.

Since this kind of thing has been discussed in the GPS newsgroups, it
made me wonder if Piraro reads them.

OTOH, he's got quite an active brain, and he really doesn't need us to
help him... :-)

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

Howard Lester

Feb 17, 2010, 6:08:47 PM2/17/10
"Gene E. Bloch" wrote

> Since this kind of thing has been discussed in the GPS newsgroups, it made
> me wonder if Piraro reads them.
>
> OTOH, he's got quite an active brain, and he really doesn't need us to
> help him... :-)

No, not really. He's got good stuff. Today's cartoon reminds me of an older
cousin giving me directions to his apartment in NYC. He said "When you're
halfway across the Brooklyn Bridge, turn right."

Gene E. Bloch

Feb 17, 2010, 6:38:10 PM2/17/10
On 2/17/10, Howard Lester posted:
> "Gene E. Bloch" wrote

I think I like your cousin!

It reminds me of a story one occasionally hears. A guy asks a farmer
how to get to X (whatever you like), & the farmer says, go out on the
road there, turn right, and go East 4 miles. If it ain't there, make a
U-turn and go eight miles West.

Might've been on a Bert and I record.

Sunshine

Feb 18, 2010, 1:40:45 AM2/18/10
On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:38:10 -0800, Gene E. Bloch
<let...@someplace.invalid> wrote:

>It reminds me of a story one occasionally hears. A guy asks a farmer
>how to get to X (whatever you like), & the farmer says, go out on the
>road there, turn right, and go East 4 miles. If it ain't there, make a
>U-turn and go eight miles West.
>
>Might've been on a Bert and I record.

As long as we're telling our favorite "where am I" jokes, here's mine.

Microsoft Helicopter Joke
Author Unknown

WHERE AM I?

A helicopter was flying around above Seattle yesterday when an
electrical malfunction disabled all of the aircraft's electronic
navigation and communication equipment. Due to the clouds and haze
the pilot could not determine his position or course to steer to the
airport. The pilot saw a tall building, flew toward it, circled, drew
a handwritten sign and held it in the helicopter's window. The sign
said "WHERE AM I ?" in large letters.

People in the tall building quickly responded to the aircraft, drew a
large sign and held it in a building window. Their sign said, "YOU
ARE IN A HELICOPTER." The pilot smiled, waved, looked at his map and
determine the course to steer to SEATAC (Seattle/Tacoma) airport and
landed safely.

After they were on the ground, the co-pilot asked the pilot how the
"YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER" sign helped determine their position. The
pilot responded, "I knew that had to be the MICROSOFT building
because they gave me a technically correct but completely useless
answer."

Gene E. Bloch

Feb 18, 2010, 2:23:06 PM2/18/10
On 2/17/10, Sunshine posted:

> WHERE AM I?

This joke predates GPS, obviously :-)

I don't really think it's quite that old (though I'm not sure), I just
wanted to follow up with other humor (I consider my reply to be
humor!).