My Garmin Nuvi 275t has stopped speaking street names

Dick Snyder

Sep 27, 2012, 11:45:14 AM9/27/12
The subject says it all. Any idea what might be going on ? It used to do it
a month ago and now it has stopped. I have not done any upgrades.

Gene E. Bloch

Sep 27, 2012, 1:56:57 PM9/27/12
On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:45:14 -0400, Dick Snyder wrote:

> The subject says it all. Any idea what might be going on ? It used to do it
> a month ago and now it has stopped. I have not done any upgrades.

Things happen, such as:

1. Accidental configuration menu changes

2. Electronic failures

If you haven't gone through the menus, do that and make sure it's still
set to speak. Check the volume settings too.

In my electronic adventures, I've been known to be a cause of #1 and a
victim of #2 above...

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

Dick Snyder

Sep 27, 2012, 2:46:54 PM9/27/12

"Gene E. Bloch" <not...@other.invalid> wrote in message
It still speaks but only says things like turn right in .1 mile but not the
name of the street even though the street name is displayed on the screen. I
can only fnd one menu dealing with this and that is just the volume.

Gene E. Bloch

Sep 27, 2012, 2:52:54 PM9/27/12
I understand that some voices can speak street names and some can't. The
ones that can include text-to-speech, the others don't. I think when you
scroll through the voices, there's an indication on the menu, but it's
been a while, so I'm rusty on the details :-)

Dick Snyder

Sep 27, 2012, 3:15:20 PM9/27/12

"Gene E. Bloch" <not...@other.invalid> wrote in message
This particular model does not give you a choice of voice unless I am
missing something. In any case, it was working fine a month ago and then it
just stopped saying the names of streets on which one was to turn.

Dick Snyder

Sep 27, 2012, 4:28:43 PM9/27/12

"Dick Snyder" <REMOVEdi...@gmail.com> wrote in message
I was wrong. I just took a short drive after pressing the restore button. I
got a different female voice (Samantha TTS) which sounds like a female
computer voice but I was getting street names. I think my GPS suffered the
electronic version of what we humans would call a "brain fart". It somehow
switched, without me doing anything I can think of, into a non-TTS voice).

Thanks Gene!

Gene E. Bloch

Sep 27, 2012, 6:44:16 PM9/27/12
Had you done something that Samantha found offensive? :-)

> Thanks Gene!

Glad to be of assistance...
Message has been deleted