Web Acceleration Client Error (504) - Suspected Satellite Link Outage

DaveT

Oct 31, 2011, 12:42:00 PM10/31/11
"Web Acceleration Client Error (504) - Suspected Satellite Link Outage"
I've been getting this frequently lately. Mostly during busy business hours and Sunday night. Makes
eBay transactions impossible. When in this state, Mcafee Speedometer may take 10 minutes to load.
After it subsequently runs, it may report "less than 20KbPS", or, surprisingly, a whopping "2MbPS".
Normal for my system in the daytime is 500 KbPS. Either way, the pages load painfully slow when the
system is busy. This all started a few weeks ago.