Linda Blood, Michael Aquino, the TOS, and Gini Scott

Xochi Zen

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Who is Linda Blood? I've been reading a book on cults recently, and it
mentioned her in conjunction with The Temple of Set and Michael Aquino.
The book seemed fairly reasonable otherwise (most of these books seem
to be written by fundamentalist christians with an agenda to push).
And the section on the TOS was small. I may disagree with the beliefs
of the TOS (esp. about high magick/supernatural powers), but I'd never
call them a cult.

The author quotes Blood as saying about Aquino:

"I saw the other side of Michael because of our personal relationship.
My feeling is that he desperately needs his 'magic' to escape from
some inner despair that I perceived in him, and to give him control
and power over others. I think it is tragic what he has done to
himself."

The author quotes from another book, *Satan Wants You* by Arthur Lyons:

"He controls members by their belief in his alleged magical status and
powers, and by their own need to believe that they, too, can gain such
powers."

I thought the above quote was interesting, as a non-believer in high
magick and the known use of conjuring in the TOS (low magick). Though
should it really surprise anyone if Aquino has no "real" magickal ability/
"special powers"? If one of the primary goals of satanism is to manipulate
others for the sake of one's own desires, then I'd say he was, to
some degree, successful. He's created a world view that others share.

My *suspicion* is that *no one* has true, supernatural abilities.
And if Aquino is in the set of everyone... (pun intended?) Just want
to let people know that I don't discriminate. This includes Howie
Levee as well. And why bother with high magick if psychological
manipulation works so well? I think what's key in black magic is
that one gives the *impression* that one has wondrous powers.
Because a lot can follow from generating that anchor in a person's
mind.

Any way, I'd like to hear TOSers respond to the Linda Blood slag of
Aquino. Everyone ought to have the chance to defend him/herself. I'm
not saying she's correct.

I'll have to pick-up a copy of this book. Oh, by the way, is Lyons
a member of the COS by any chance? (it's always nice to know what
someone's biases are).

Quite frankly, Blood sounds like a loon because, although she said she
didn't participate in any "human or animal sacrifices" in the Temple of
Set, other "more violent satanic cults" did this sort of thing. Erm, even
if true (sounds like 80's Ritual Satanic Abuse hysteria to me), what does
that have to do with the TOS?

There's a book on the TOS entitled *The Magicians: A Study of Power in
a Black Magic Group* by Gini Scott. Anyone know who she is/what her take
is? Or if the book is still in print? (haven't yet looked for it)

Kind Regards,

Xochi

--
| | "I am a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in |
| Xochi Zen | a tortilla." - Xochi Zen |

Janet Gidney

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Who is Linda Blood?

Linda Blood is the author of a piece of crap called "The New Satanists".
She was expelled from the TOS as a I* degree and then marketed
herself as a "escaped/reformed ex-Satanist" to such organizations as the
American Family Foundation and the Cult Awareness Network. (Info from The
Devil's Advocate, Vol. 1, #2. Published by Ron Harris, not a TOS
initiate, from The Scroll of Set/Vol. XX-4)

>The author quotes from another book, *Satan Wants You* by Arthur Lyons:
>
>"He controls members by their belief in his alleged magical status and
> powers, and by their own need to believe that they, too, can gain such
> powers."

Arthur Lyons is/was at least a I* in the COS, and therefore unreliable
regarding his statements re: TOS, Aquino.

Any way, I'd like to hear TOSers respond to the Linda Blood slag of
>Aquino. Everyone ought to have the chance to defend him/herself. I'm
>not saying she's correct.

If you read Blood's book (and I urge you not to spend money on it, but to
borrow it, so as not to feed the animals), please note a lack of
footnotes, references, dates, documentation, bibliography, or even an
index! In short it is one delusional woman's opinion of religions she
couldn't make it in. The TOS needs no defense from such silly
accusations. The TOS, from what I understand, believes TRUTH to be the
First Form or Principle, and in the interest of it may rebut such
allegations.

Good for you, thinking before you leap!
Setians William & Gabrielle Gidney
-
GIDNEY PLQ...@prodigy.com

Kevin Filan

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

In article <4vphoj$c...@asylum.apocalypse.org>,

Xochi Zen <x...@apocalypse.org> wrote:

>Who is Linda Blood? I've been reading a book on cults recently, and it
>mentioned her in conjunction with The Temple of Set and Michael Aquino.
>The book seemed fairly reasonable otherwise (most of these books seem
>to be written by fundamentalist christians with an agenda to push).
>And the section on the TOS was small. I may disagree with the beliefs
>of the TOS (esp. about high magick/supernatural powers), but I'd never
>call them a cult.

Linda Blood was briefly a member of the Temple of Set. During
her tenure there, she claims she became involved in a romantic relationship
with Michael Aquino. Aquino denies they ever had sex, but claims they
were just "close friends."

Whatever the nature of their relationship, her book contains
numerous inconsistencies. (i.e. claims about "candles soaked with
hallucinogens," etc.). I find some of her material interesting, but
would take it all with several grains of salt.

Aquino sued Blood and Time/Warner over the publication of _The
New Satanists_ (Blood's book). The contents of the settlement remain
confidential. The Aquinos claimed that this book would soon be pulled
from shelves around the country. I've seen it around quite recently,
so apparently this puylling wasn't entirely successful.

>Quite frankly, Blood sounds like a loon because, although she said she
>didn't participate in any "human or animal sacrifices" in the Temple of
>Set, other "more violent satanic cults" did this sort of thing. Erm, even
>if true (sounds like 80's Ritual Satanic Abuse hysteria to me), what does
>that have to do with the TOS?

Blood believes that Aquino and his wife were guilty of child
molestation at the Presidio, and that only an elaborate government
coverup kept them from going to prison. She has compiled a number of
cases in which "Satanic Ritual Abuse" was alleged, and has given some
details of alleged crimes. I haven't been able to examine each allegation
to see how accurate her work is.

There's a response to Blood's book available on the TOS FTP site
which John Youril used to maintain. Dunno if it's still there.

>There's a book on the TOS entitled *The Magicians: A Study of Power in
>a Black Magic Group* by Gini Scott. Anyone know who she is/what her take
>is? Or if the book is still in print? (haven't yet looked for it)
>
>Kind Regards,
>
> Xochi

I don't believe it's still in print, but I know that the University of
Georgia's library has a copy. You may be able to get it through an
interlibrary loan. It's a good analysis of what makes "black magicians" tick
and a good picture of ToS ideas during the early days of the Temple.

Peace
Kevin Filan

R. K. Ahmadian

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

In <4vphoj$c...@asylum.apocalypse.org> x...@apocalypse.org (Xochi Zen)
writes:

>"He controls members by their belief in his alleged magical status and
> powers, and by their own need to believe that they, too, can gain
such
> powers."
>
>I thought the above quote was interesting, as a non-believer in high
>magick and the known use of conjuring in the TOS (low magick). Though
>should it really surprise anyone if Aquino has no "real" magickal
ability/
>"special powers"? If one of the primary goals of satanism is to
manipulate
>others for the sake of one's own desires, then I'd say he was, to
>some degree, successful. He's created a world view that others share.

If others share in "Agreement" that you have magical powers, than you
basically do. If you implant the thoughts in people's minds and those
thoughts cultivate, they in turn reflect and fuel your goals. That is
high magical manipulation. Simply convincing people at a basical level
creates positive reflections towards you.

>My *suspicion* is that *no one* has true, supernatural abilities.
>And if Aquino is in the set of everyone... (pun intended?) Just want
>to let people know that I don't discriminate. This includes Howie
>Levee as well. And why bother with high magick if psychological
>manipulation works so well? I think what's key in black magic is
>that one gives the *impression* that one has wondrous powers.
>Because a lot can follow from generating that anchor in a person's
>mind.

Is there a difference really?

>Kind Regards,
>
> Xochi

Radu
(not a Tos'r, by the way)
--

-We Have A Right-

"Everything, in my humble opinion, is a joking matter."
-Horace Rumpole

an41...@anon.penet.fi

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

PLQ...@prodigy.com

>Who is Linda Blood?

Don't know who she is personally but she did write a very
factual book on the Presidio and ritual child abuse.

G>Linda Blood is the author of a piece of crap called

>"The New Satanists". She was expelled from the TOS
>as a I* degree and then marketed herself as a
>"escaped/reformed ex-Satanist" to such organizations as the
>American Family Foundation and the Cult Awareness
>Network. (Info from The Devil's Advocate, Vol. 1, #2.
> Published by Ron Harris, not a TOS initiate, from
>The Scroll of Set/Vol. XX-4)

None of that matters. What matters is that she wrote some
very factual information about the Presidio, ritual child
abuse and Michael Aquino. She obviously found him to
be a threat to society. I do too.

CID internal military tapes describe Michael Aquinos
involvement with sexual molest, children, Satanic rituals,
murder, cannablism and his link with Charlotte Thrailkill
and Darryl Ball who were convicted in a mass ritual child
abuse case in Santa Rosa about the same time period.
Miraculously Aquino escaped but was instead discharged
from the service. I believe the military establishment knew
full well what he had done and they released him back to
the public. From other reports, these particular incidents
described are only the beginning of the story.

In other words, the military, which is supposed to protect
its citizens from foreign threat, unleashed a man back
into the community that they knew full well was alleged
to be a serial killer and a ritual child molester.
They had all the gory details.

X>The author quotes from another book, *Satan Wants You*
by Arthur Lyons:

>"He controls members by their belief in his alleged magical

status and powers, and by their own need to believe that they,
too, can gain such powers."

G>Arthur Lyons is/was at least a I* in the COS, and therefore

>unreliable regarding his statements re: TOS, Aquino.

The other people who are unreliable about statements
concerning Michael Aquino are Michael and Lilith Aquino,
Hans, Talon, Balanone, these Gidney people and whatever
other names he is currently masquerading under and/or his
flunkies.

>Any way, I'd like to hear TOSers respond to the
Linda Blood slag of Aquino. Everyone ought to have the
chance to defend him/herself. I'm not saying she's correct.

G>If you read Blood's book (and I urge you not to spend

>money on it, but to borrow it, so as not to feed the animals),
>please note a lack of footnotes, references, dates,
>documentation, bibliography, or even an index!

How do you expect anyone to buy her book when the TOS
has clearly stated several times that it was no longer available.
Keep your story straight people.
Of course, it is still available and of course they have been
lying about this all along.

I was sorry to see that she did not use footnotes in her book
but over the past year I have documented much of her book
for her. This is because we have some of the same sources of
information. She gets her information from a particular
advocacy group which I won't name, Goldstons articles,
military sources, the Lawsuit, speaking to parents of ritually
terrorized kids, and she knew about the CID internal
tapes. She quotes Ehrensafts article which I gave the reference
to etc.. and etc... This is why people first claimed that I was
Linda Blood. And as I've said before, since I've cited so
much documented information any of you reposting it
can be accused of being her and of course Alex C. or
anyone else who happens to be Aquinos target of the moment.

J>In short it is one delusional woman's opinion of religions

>she couldn't make it in.

Getting canned from the TOS was probably the best thing
that could have happened to Linda Blood. You did her
a favor. And this is not "one womans delusion". Many, many
people understand that there is a big problem here with
the "innocent Satanist" theory.

G>The TOS needs no defense from such silly accusations.

You could have fooled me. You have been busily defending
yourselves for an entire year now and doing it in such a way
that people now believe you are guilty because you lie
so much.

G>The TOS, from what I understand, believes TRUTH to be the
>First Form or Principle,

...which has to be overcome, denied and beat out of yourself
if you're going to de-evolve into a blithering, blood-addicted
idiot.

G>and in the interest of it may rebut such allegations.

You people are liars of such magnitude that I'm surprised you
haven't experienced more severe repercussions. I'll tell you
this. Good thing it wasn't my kid.

G>Good for you, thinking before you leap!

>Setians William & Gabrielle Gidney

No wonder you coudn't answer a single question I asked
about any of these case. "Lecturing around the country"
Just another example of the "First Principle" being stomped
out in typical hard-core Satanic tradition.

Curio II
**************

--****ATTENTION****--****ATTENTION****--****ATTENTION****--***ATTENTION***
Your e-mail reply to this message WILL be *automatically* ANONYMIZED.
Please, report inappropriate use to ab...@anon.penet.fi
For information (incl. non-anon reply) write to he...@anon.penet.fi
If you have any problems, address them to ad...@anon.penet.fi

HansRkr

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

Alex Constantine, again in his "Curio" playsuit, writes:

AC: (Blood) wrote some very factual information about the Presidio,
AC: ritual child abuse and Michael Aquino.

Anyone wishing a copy of Dr. Aquino's comments & corrections to
Blood's book can send a SASE to him at P.O. Box 470307, San
Francisco, CA 94147, USA. Included are comments concerning Aquino's
successful libel lawsuit against Blood and Times Warner.

AC: CID internal military tapes describe Michael Aquinos
AC: involvement with sexual molest, children, Satanic rituals,
AC: murder, cannablism and his link with Charlotte Thrailkill
AC: and Darryl Ball who were convicted in a mass ritual child
AC: abuse case in Santa Rosa about the same time period.

The CID taped "SRA" scam-hopefuls making such allegations and
discounted them all as completely fictitious, as acknowledged in its
report. This included the woman who had made "SRA" accusations
against Ball and Thrailkill, who pleabargained but continued to
maintain their complete innocence of the accusations.

AC: Miraculously Aquino escaped but was instead discharged
AC: from the service.

Dr. Aquino had nothing to "escape" from except the Helms-instigated
attempt to wreck his career because Helms didn't like his religion.
Aquino successfully fought back against that intimidation and
continued his military career, retiring honorably six years later in
1994. He is today a Lt. Colonel in the Retired Reserve of the Army,
easily verifiable by anyone who contacts the Army.

Hans Riker

beth thompson

Aug 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/29/96

In article <4vpufp$p...@usenetz1.news.prodigy.com>, Janet Gidney
<PLQ...@prodigy.com> writes
>Who is Linda Blood?
>
>Linda Blood is the author of a piece of crap called "The New Satanists".
> She was expelled from the TOS as a I* degree and then marketed
>herself as a "escaped/reformed ex-Satanist" to such organizations as the
>American Family Foundation and the Cult Awareness Network. (Info from The
>Devil's Advocate, Vol. 1, #2. Published by Ron Harris, not a TOS
>initiate, from The Scroll of Set/Vol. XX-4)
>
>>The author quotes from another book, *Satan Wants You* by Arthur Lyons:
>>
>>"He controls members by their belief in his alleged magical status and
>> powers, and by their own need to believe that they, too, can gain such
>> powers."
>
>Arthur Lyons is/was at least a I* in the COS, and therefore unreliable
>regarding his statements re: TOS, Aquino.
>
>Any way, I'd like to hear TOSers respond to the Linda Blood slag of
>>Aquino. Everyone ought to have the chance to defend him/herself. I'm
>>not saying she's correct.
>
>If you read Blood's book (and I urge you not to spend money on it, but to
>borrow it, so as not to feed the animals), please note a lack of
>footnotes, references, dates, documentation, bibliography, or even an
>index! In short it is one delusional woman's opinion of religions she
>couldn't make it in. The TOS needs no defense from such silly
>accusations. The TOS, from what I understand, believes TRUTH to be the
>First Form or Principle, and in the interest of it may rebut such
>allegations.
>

>Good for you, thinking before you leap!
>Setians William & Gabrielle Gidney
>-
> GIDNEY PLQ...@prodigy.com
>
>Geeze! Fangs ain't what they used to be.
>In the 70's twas two Magicians one black one white fighting on Hampsead
Heath, a dual to the the death by Magic {actually it was Shaun
Manchester <<black> now calling himself a bishop> and David Farrant
<white>}. They were chased off the heath by 300 children!
Later not too long ago two Satanist <ONE ALLEGEDLY A SATANIST BUT
CLAIMED NOT BE> and one a cult leader in a Satanic order called each
other names like childen the arguments continued for a good while, they
even may be going on now for all we know. A third battle was between a
70's pagan author of high standing and another of an alternative group.
They also battled to the death. Here I strike a point, in all these so
-called battles no-one actually died!!!!!
Tell me, if these magicians are so good, have so much power, deal with
thier devils and threaten death. WHY HAS NO-ONE DIED?
WHERE IS THE POWER HERE? IF THEY ARE SO GOOD WHO IS THE WINNER?

OK, I NOW CHALLANGE THE TOSers, THE COSers, AQUINO, LEVAY and ANY OTHER
WHO CLAIM TO HAVE POWER - ONCE AND FOR ALL DO SOMETHING about these
blinking EX-SATANIC reprobates who have as much knowledge about Satanism
as my dog has in one paw! Include in this list - Audrey Harper, Doreen
Irvine, Rev Kev Logan, and any other who believes they can make a fast
buck by selling thier story about surviving Satanism.
If anyone can take this challenge by MAGICKAL <HOWEVER WAY IT MAY BE
SPELT> MEANS do let me know
I can be reached via Fludd @gates.demon.co.uk
If anyone wants to be a real Satanist - get in touch.
Love and Kisses

LILITH.

xxx

--
beth thompson

Turnpike evaluation. For Turnpike information, mailto:in...@turnpike.com

Reshef

Aug 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/29/96

In article <202343Z...@anon.penet.fi>, an41...@anon.penet.fi wrote:

>PLQ...@prodigy.com
>
>>Who is Linda Blood?
>
>Don't know who she is personally but she did write a very
>factual book on the Presidio and ritual child abuse.

Unfortunately, her publisher didn't agree. As you will recall, T-W
accepted an out-of-court settlement on the libel suit brought by the
Aquino's. a libel suit

>I was sorry to see that she did not use footnotes in her book
>but over the past year I have documented much of her book
>for her. This is because we have some of the same sources of
>information. She gets her information from a particular
>advocacy group which I won't name,

On the old FactNet web site, she was listed as being a member of the
board of directors of FactNet. What an sterling source of
information.

Reshef

Akonyte & Khasmyr

Aug 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/29/96

I knew that soemthing was wrong with the TOS the moment I began reading
their propaganda several years back. One of the most Un-Satanic
organizations I had ever had the displeasure to be exposed to! The COS
is much better off without those people being involved.

MANINBLACK

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, Akonyte & Khasmyr wrote:
> The COS is much better off without those people [TOS] being involved.

Hellelooya!
Hail the Citizens of the Infernal Empire!

Hail Satan!

MANINBLACK

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, beth thompson wrote:

> If anyone wants to be a real Satanist - get in touch.
>

> LILITH.

Oh really? I didn't notice any "LaVey" in your name. As if you
are a "real Satanist." You been hang'n w/ Diane Vera?

Hail the Citizens of the Infernal Empire!

Hail the Alien Elite!

Hail Satan

Tro...@presidio.com

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96

res...@calweb.com

>PLQ...@prodigy.com

>Who is Linda Blood?

C>Don't know who she is personally but she did write a very

>factual book on the Presidio and ritual child abuse.

R>Unfortunately, her publisher didn't agree. As you will

>recall, T-W accepted an out-of-court settlement on the libel
>suit brought by the Aquino's. a libel suit

As you will recall, I and others don't care that you people
took them to court as there was no way to avoid it.
There was nothing libelous in that book about Aquino.
Sorry.

C>I was sorry to see that she did not use footnotes in her book

>but over the past year I have documented much of her book
>for her. This is because we have some of the same sources of
>information. She gets her information from a particular
>advocacy group which I won't name,

R>On the old FactNet web site, she was listed as being a

>member of the board of directors of FactNet. What an
>sterling source of information.

>Reshef

That's not the "advocacy group" I was refering to. I don't take
responsibility for Linda Bloods
entire life, I only refer to her information about ritual abuse,
Aquino, Presidio etc..

********

beth thompson

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960904173911.8023F-
100...@shiva.hunter.cuny.edu>, MANINBLACK <asch...@shiva.Hunter.CUNY.ED
U> writes
Excuse me? Mr Masculine gender person in an unpolitically and often
derogatory used colour. Maninblack
First get of your ego and read a book! Something more original hu?
Didn't you read it? Lavey sucks and has as much power in a rubber
stamp!
Did you read my message in any quantity at all?
I don't play at this? You won't see me wearing plastic horns.
Who the hell's Diane Vera when she's at home?
Satan may be a litle hard to comprehend for some folk but Alien he
ain't. Not if you understand alien to mean - not one of us.
What do you class as a real Satanist? Is a Satanists one who sucks up
to him, - "Yes lord, Hail Lord, S... on a buscuit Lord?" I think not.
A true Satanist knows who he or she is.
A true Satanist commands not crawls.
Satanists cares for his brothers - and will die for
them if nesc.
Satanism is ordered and methodical and members will endevor
to work for perfection.
Holy art the Lord our God and his son Lucifer
Oh I forgot, we don't actually call ourselves Satanists.
Look upon this as being an aid to true Satanism.
Even if it is beyond your understanding.
And then LOOK at my message in a different more enlightened way. oh
and grow up!
Lilith.

--
gates.demon.co.uk

beth thompson

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960904180413.8023I-

100...@shiva.hunter.cuny.edu>, MANINBLACK <asch...@shiva.Hunter.CUNY.ED
U> writes
>On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, Akonyte & Khasmyr wrote:
>> The COS is much better off without those people [TOS] being involved.
>
> Hellelooya!
>Hail the Citizens of the Infernal Empire!
>
>Hail Satan!
you relay have a problem don't you MIB