Re. What does inverted triangle inside a circle mean.

已查看 3,559 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Proteus

未读,
2004年9月26日 17:10:132004/9/26
收件人
Hi,

Just caught your post. Several possibilities.
1. That symbol is used by Alcoholics Anonymous.
2. Triangle is symbol for the Deity in a great many symbolic traditions.
3. Triangles have also been used with circles by sorcerers and ceremonial
magicians to keep something conjured confined.
4. By "inverted position" I'm guessing you mean with the point down. That's
the Wiccan, Alchemical, and Rosicrucian symbol for the water element.
Water, a female symbol, is associated with love, emotions, air, west, etc.
5. Inverted Triangle, as part of the Hexagram or Seal of Solomon,
represents the Divine Reaching down to Man is
Masonic/Wiccan/Rosicrucian/Kabbalistic symbolism. It's called the Triangle
on the Immaterial Plane. Manifestation of the divine mind in the human
mind, hence the 3rd eye connection.

Circle is known as "circle between the worlds" in Wicca. Can also
represent, unity, infinity, completion, wholeness, cycles eternity, deity,
etc.

On windows or doors, magically speaking, symbols are usually seals or
talismans to keep something in or out.

Hope this helps.
Blessed Be.
Proteus.

"yoga" <yo...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Looking out our screen door, I just noticed through the sunlight an
inverted
> triangle inside of a circle lightly drawn on the glass of our door.
>
> I have no idea who might have drawn this symbol, or for what purpose. I
do
> know from my experience with yoga that an inverted triangle often
represents
> the feminine or solar plexus chakra, and that a circle represents
wholeness
> or the cycle of life.
>
> The 3rd eye chakra is sometimes drawn as an inverted triangle inside a
> circle with wings with a dot in its center.
>
> Anyway, I'm just curious if this symbol might have some other meaning in
> wicca, and why someone would put this symbol on our door, so subtly that
you
> can barely notice it.

rocker_arj

未读,
2004年10月9日 05:25:562004/10/9
收件人
[quote:fb679929a3]Symbols and their
meanings[/quote:fb679929a3]

This is very interesting. Good you posted it. I'm a sort of a person
who really abides by all these symbols and figures related to
religionism.

Like you know, the circle represents fulfillment, so I'll always start
a very prestigious work with some circular symbol.

However, I see that these figures or symbols have always had different
meanings in different regions and religions. Like Japanese portray
love differently from the way indians portray it.

I'd like to know how you'd portray success, reaching the top,
happiness and stability through symbols..

If interested, please add a line here.

[b:fb679929a3]Pandit Purshottam Pandey.[/b:fb679929a3]

www.hotmail.com
www.ipuniversity.com
www.google.com
www.modulussystems.com

sdcr...@gmail.com

未读,
2017年10月22日 14:43:112017/10/22
收件人
What does the circle with an inverted y mean

itzmeamr...@gmail.com

未读,
2020年4月27日 11:29:212020/4/27
收件人
What if it appears on someone's body out of nowhere straight 9-10 red dots inverted triangle out of nowhere do you know what does it means?
0 个新帖子