Today in Scientology -- August 27th ***************

Scientology Today

Aug 27, 2015, 3:27:00 PM8/27/15
Today August 27th in Scientology history

POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Dole's No-Pose With Scientology, Too Much Sun
August 27, 1996, Sandra Sobieraj, Associated Press
http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1996/POLITICAL-NOTEBOOK-Dole-s-No-Pose-With-Scientology-Too-Much-Sun/id-db7d68a80fbad453f08afaa8d162b38d

SANTA BARBARA, CALIF. SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) _ Bob Dole is fond of
telling crowds that no matter how hard he thinks about it, he can't
come up with anyone whose vote he doesn't want.

Apparently some of his advisers think otherwise _ at least when it
comes to Scientologists.

As the vacationing Dole made his way down Santa Barbara's main drag,
heading for dinner Monday at Joe's Cafe, he and a crush of autograph
seekers drew near a building prominently labeled "Dianetics _ Church of
Scientology Center."

Tags: 1950, Bob Dole, Critic, Dianetics, Donald Rumsfeld, Los Angeles,
Quicky, Santa Barbara, Santa Monica

Readers' forum: No links to Scientology
August 27, 2004, Sandra Lucas, Letters, Deseret News
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/595087012/No-links-to-Scientology.html?pg=all

As the executive director of the Utah Chapter of the Citizens
Commission on Human Rights of Utah and a proud member of the Church of
Scientology, I can state unequivocally that I hold Dr. Ann Blake Tracy
in high esteem and have great admiration and respect for her dedication.

However, CCHR does not financially support her, and it is common
knowledge that she is a member of the LDS Church.

Tags: Ann Tracy, CCHR, NAMI, Salt Lake City

Film magnate's wife 'threatened boycott of Cruise movies'
August 27, 2006, John Hiscock, NZ Herald
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=200&objectid=10398264

Reports are circulating that the star so angered Paula Fortunato, wife
of Sumner Redstone, boss of the studio's parent company, that she told
her husband she was "boycotting Cruise's product for ever".

Tags: Brooke Shields, Pat Kingsley, Paula Fortunato, Sumner Redstone, Tom
Cruise

Idle Orgs: vampire locust training
August 27, 2010, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/08/27/idle-orgs-vampire-locust-training/

They finally found a use for the new Idle Org Pasadena; and for its
"1,000" seat auditorium. And it ain't training auditors. They are going
to reg public for $300 for the privilege of listening to an outside
professional (along with the Jensens) teach them the tricks of the
trade of getting people to depart with their monies for no exchange. I
kid you not. It is promoted in their own slick promo:

Tags: Pasadena, Quicky

Scientology Cyclone: Commenters of the Week!
August 27, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/scientology_cyc.php

We've battened down the hatches here at the underground bunker, but the
seas they are a-risin', and the cats are nervous wrecks. As we wait for
Hurricane Irene's impact, we're still watching all things Scientology
-- as long as the power remains on, that is.

We started off this past week with a report on last Saturday's "beach
party" protest put on by the NYC Anonymous chapter outside
Scientology's org on 46th Street. A sandy, be-lei'd good time was had
by all.

Tags: 1975, 2003, Amy Scobee, Anonymous, Chuck Beatty, Claire Headley, Coin,
Counterfeit Dreams, David Miscavige, Israel, Janet Reitman, Jefferson
Hawkins, Marc Headley, New York City, Pittsburgh, Russell Brand, Scarlett
Hanna, Scientology executive, Scientology organization, Scott Pilutik, Sea
Org, Will Fry

Walking in Another Man's Shoes by Michael Fairman
August 27, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/08/27/walking-in-another-mans-shoes-by-michael-fairman/

The old saying goes that one can't really begin to understand what
difficulties a man or woman is going through until one walks in his or
her shoes. That "stroll" took place for Joy and me on Tuesday, August
23, 2011, in Orange County California.

On the previous day, I received a call from Marty Rathbun, asking me if
I was still wearing my "racing driver" hat. I told him no, I was pretty
calmed down from my extreme driving habits, thanks to him. It was an
intriguing question and I told him I wasn't wearing that hat anymore,
"Why?" His answer was even more intriguing.

Marty told me he was coming to Southern California on a mission of
mercy and needed to escape from the constant harassment by Miscavige's
goons and their vehicles in order to accomplish that mission in peace.
If there were a welcoming party, we would have to lose David Lubow and
his hired thugs in the rush hour traffic. Were I and my car up to the
task? I told him my car was, and asked if I could bring Joy along and
then we'd both be up to the task. He said he would welcome her.

Tags: California, David Lubow, Hollywood, Jim Lynch, Los Angeles, Michael
Fairman, Mike Rinder, Orange County, Quicky, Santa Ana, Squirrel, Texas

Narconon CEO Speaks Publicly About Controversial Facility
August 27, 2012, Dana Hertneky, KOTV
http://www.newson6.com/story/19389206/narconon-ceo-speaks-publicly-about-controversial-facility-programs

Just a half hour before protestors marched on Narconon's Lake Eufaula
facility Saturday, Narconon Arrowhead CEO Gary Smith addressed the
growing concerns against the program including its ties to the church
of Scientology.

Tags: Gary Smith, James McLaughlin, Narconon, Narconon Arrowhead

Disconnection And Segregation
August 27, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/disconnection-and-segregation/

I have in the past analogized Scientology Disconnection to the evils of
Segregation overtly practiced in the US until the mid 60's.

It bears repeating and seems especially appropriate on this, the 50th
anniversary of the "March on Washington" and Dr. Martin Luther King's
famous "I have a dream" speech.

I believe that if the church was no longer able to control its
followers through the threat of disconnection, there would be virtually
nobody remaining loyal to David Miscavige and his Empire of Vampires.

Tags: 1950, 1960, 1961, 1978, Catholic Church, Cindy Plahuta, Claire Headley,
Clearwater, David Miscavige, Disconnection, Ethics, Ethics Officer, Facebook,
First Amendment, High Crime, Lori Hodgson, Martin Luther King, Mormon, OT,
Police, Quicky, Suppressive Person, Tampa Bay Times, Tommy Davis, Washington

Exclusive: Will Smith-Backed Private School Closed Over Scientology
Association
August 27, 2013, Roger Friedman, Showbiz411
http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/08/27/exclusive-will-smith-backed-private-school-closed-over-scientology-association

What happened? Hollywood veteran manager and producer Jeff Wald sent
his two youngest daughters to New Village. I spoke to him yesterday.
Wald had a lot of praise for Will and Jada, and for Piano Foster (real
name Franca Piano Foster). He told me that despite the reports from
"bloggers," there was never talk of Scientology at the school.

But, he said, "We could never get past the association. We couldn't
raise any money. And the Smiths were putting in $2 million of their own
each year. They couldn't keep supporting it."

Tags: Jada Pinkett Smith, Jeff Wald, New Village Leadership Academy, Piano
Foster, Will Smith

Monique Rathbun vs. Scientology: Temporary Injunction Hearing Set for Sept 12
August 27, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/08/27/monique-rathbun-vs-scientology-temporary-injunction-hearing-set-for-sept-12/

The temporary restraining order that prevents Church of Scientology
leader David Miscavige from surveilling Monique Rathbun has been
extended to September 12, when a two-day hearing has been scheduled
which could see dramatic testimony about electronic snooping, sexual
taunting, and other alleged harassment by the church.

Monique is married to Mark "Marty" Rathbun, who was once the
second-highest ranking executive in the church until his defection in
2004. Since 2009, he's operated a blog critical of Scientology leader
David Miscavige, and as a result, the Rathbuns have been the subject of
years of surveillance and intimidation by the church, much of it
documented at this website.

On August 16, Monique filed suit against Miscavige, two top Scientology
entities - the Religious Technology Center and the Church of
Scientology International - as well as Dallas private investigator
Monty Drake, and a man named Steven Gregory Sloat.

Tags: 2004, 2009, 2012, Angry Gay Pope, Church of Scientology International,
Comal County, Dallas, David Miscavige, Debbie Cook, J. Swift, Judge Dib
Waldrip, Karen de la Carriere, Knowledge Reports, Marty Rathbun, Monique
Rathbun, Monty Drake, Quicky, Ray Jeffrey, Religious Technology Center, San
Antonio, Steven Gregory Sloat, Texas

The Dreaded "Joburg Sec Check": Scientology Interrogations, Explained!
August 27, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/08/27/the-dreaded-joburg-sec-check-scientology-interrogations-explained/

Claire Headley is taking us on our journey to train as Scientologists.
She and her husband Marc were Sea Org workers who escaped from
Scientology's International Base in 2005. She spent years working with
Scientology's "tech," and was trusted to oversee the auditing of Tom
Cruise. Go here to see the first part in this series.

Claire, you've been helping us see how much of Scientology is all about
indoctrination and control as church members move up the "Bridge to
Total Freedom." We've now reached something called "Expanded Grade 2,"
and there's more repetition - once again we'll be drilled on "overts
and withholds" (moral transgressions, and making them worse by trying
to keep them hidden). But for many folks, this is also when they first
encounter the dreaded "security check" or "sec check." In other words,
Scientology's interrogation culture now kicks into high gear.

CLAIRE: That's right, and it includes (but isn't limited to) what is
known as the "toughest" sec check in Scientology, the "Joburg." It was
developed in Johannesburg for the most hardened of criminals.

Tags: 1961, 1970, 2005, 2012, Apollo, Bodhi Elfman, Bridge to Total Freedom,
Cadet Org, Claire Headley, Delphi, Dianetics, England, Facebook, Int Base,
Jenna Elfman, Joburg Sec Check, Johannesburg, L. Ron Hubbard, London, Los
Angeles, Murder, Operating Thetan, OT, OT VII, Police, Quicky, Sea Org, Sec
Check, Tom Cruise, UK

The Document: When Scientology canceled 'Family Time'
August 27, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2014/08/27/the-document-when-scientology-canceled-family-time/

Martin Ottmann was in Scientology relatively briefly: He first got
involved in Stuttgart in 1989, joined the Sea Organization and went to
Clearwater in 1990, and by the end of 1992, after returning to Germany,
he was out. Since then, however, he's become known for his dogged
pursuit of documents that reflect every possible detail of Scientology
management and Scientology life. We asked him to bring some of his
expertise to the Underground Bunker and help us dig into the dark
corners of this secretive organization.

To start things off, Martin sent us a 1989 document that was smuggled
out of Scientology's Pacific Area Command (PAC Base), its big Los
Angeles complex in the former Cedars of Lebanon Hospital. The document
describes a change in policy that made it even more difficult for Sea
Org parents to spend time with their children. Sea Org members are
Scientology's most dedicated workers - they sign billion-year contracts
and work 110-hour weeks for pennies an hour.

A stamp on the document, Martin points out, shows that it was probably
used in a deposition of Scientology's nominal president, Heber Jentzsch.
We have for you a difficult-to-read image of the document itself, and
then a transcript.

Tags: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 2011, Clearwater, Commodore's Messenger
Organization, Florida, Germany, Heber Jentzsch, Hernando County, Joe Childs,
L. Ron Hubbard, Los Angeles, Mareka Brousseau, Martin Ottmann, Maryland,
Master at Arms, Narconon, PAC Base, Purification Rundown, Quicky, Sea Org,
Spring Hill, Stuttgart, Suncoast Rehabilitation Center, TIME

Why Ideal Orgs?
August 27, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/why-ideal-orgs/

Any time there is a post about ideal org failures, there is a lot of
speculation about "Why?"

I have written various posts and comments about this from time to time,
but realized I had never put it all in one place.

There are two reasons for the ideal org program that go hand in hand.
And it explains why, in spite of the clear failure of this program to
bring about planetary clearing, or anything at all aligned with the
"Aims of Scientology," it will continue to be pushed until the very end.

Tags: 2002, 2003, Angie Blankenship, Basics, Boston, Buffalo, Chairman of the
Board, Church of Spiritual Technology, Clearwater, CMO Int, Command
Intention, Commodore's Messenger Organization, Cult, DC, First Amendment,
Freewinds, Geir Isene, Ideal Org, IRS, Jennifer Linson, Johannesburg, KCET, L.
Ron Hubbard, Madrid, Maiden Voyage, Mormon, Narconon, New York, OT, OT VIII,
Penelope Cruz, Purif, Quicky, Religious Technology Center, San Francisco, Sea
Org, South Africa, Spain, Student Hat, Super Power, Tampa, Tom Cruise

?Ay, caramba! Nancy Cartwright has a whale of a time in Mexico to raise money
for Scientology
August 27, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/08/27/ay-caramba-nancy-cartwright-has-a-whale-of-a-time-in-mexico-to-raise-money-for-scientology/

Back on August 12, we shared with you a rather bizarre video of
Simpsons voice actress Nancy Cartwright telling Scientologists in
Mexico City that she was coming to town to help with an Ideal Org
fundraiser.

It featured her on Hollywood Boulevard, talking about getting a star on
the Walk of Fame, and it was apparently done impromptu with onlookers
standing by. One of them can be heard saying, "Was that Harry Potter?"
which is a pretty strange question.

Here, take another look for yourself...

Tags: Bob Duggan, Colombia, David Miscavige, Freewinds, Grant Cardone, Harry
Potter, Hollywood, Ideal Org, Mexico, Mexico City, Nancy Cartwright, Quicky,
Taiwan, Tom Cruise, Tom Cummins

Thursday Funnies
August 27, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-46/

Wrong Plane

This should have been a DC 8 not a DC 3. And that is an awfully slow
way to travel, the WW II era DC3 is not renowned for its speed....

Just a month or so ago, Andres was touring around as Snr CS WUS. Wonder
if his coverage on the fringes of the internet got him in trouble?

Tags: Andres Rodriguez, Bob Anderson, Budapest, Camelback, CCHR, Emanuel
Mottl, Emmett Osborn, Enrico Marchesini, Freewinds, Gavin Potter, Gladys
Sandouk, Graham Payne, Harlem, Hungary, Ideal org, International Association
of Scientologists, Jackson Wyan, Jim Mathers, Lori Alpers, Los Angeles, Lyci
Binda, Marina Marchesini, Membership, Orange County, OT IX, Pat Clouden,
Patrick Valtin, Phoenix, Promise to Ron, Quicky, Registrar, Ron Meyerson,
Ryan Woodley, Saint Hill, Scotland, Scott Scharf, Seattle, Steve Blake,
Thursday Funnies, Tibet, Wendy Harris

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
August 27 in Scientlology web page: