Today in Scientology -- April 30th **************

Scientology Today

Apr 30, 2015, 8:08:53 AM4/30/15
Today April 30th in Scientology history
=======================================

Clearwater man's father vanishes at airport
April 30, 1988, Terrence Tomalin, St. Petersburg Times
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/51301763.html?dids=51301763:51301763&FMT=FT

Paul Kennison said his father, a retired mechanical engineer, modified
his walker with wheels and hand brakes rather than be confined to a
wheelchair. "He may be handicapped," Paul Kennison said, "but he has a
sound mind."

Paul Kennison, of 901 Jasmine Way in Clearwater, has been teaching at
the True School in Clearwater, which bases its curriculum on the
teachings of Church of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

He said he will continue to trace his father's steps.

"I know I'm going to find him," Kennison said. "I am not going to go
home until I do."

Tags: Denver, Disappearance, George Kennison, Paul Kennison, True School

=======================================

Drug Abuse Center Eyes Expansion
April 30, 1991, Michael McNutt, News OK
http://newsok.com/drug-abuse-center-eyes-expansion/article/2355504

A substance abuse center awaiting state approval already is preparing
expansion plans that would more than double its size. Gary Smith,
president of Narconon Chilocco New Life Center, said that by year's
end, the center could be treating 200 patients at a time. The facility,
north of Newkirk, still is waiting for initial state licensing for 75
beds. Expansion plans would add 120 beds, Smith said. A court order is
allowing Narconon to treat up to 40 patients at one time until the
state acts on Narconon's request. Smith said Monday he thinks the
Oklahoma Board of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services will act
on Narconon's request in June.

Tags: Gary Smith, John Chelf, Narconon, Narconon Chilocco, Oklahoma Board of
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services

=======================================

[A man who left a Catholic seminary to eventually head ...]
April 30, 1992, Wendy Darroch, Toronto Star
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/thestar/doc/436604198.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT

Gilbert said he was recruited by the Guardian's Office in 1974 to
infiltrate a family that had defected from the church and was allegedly
spreading unfavorable information about it.

The Guardian's Office was designed to work as a buffer between the
church and the public at large. Legal, public relations, intelligence
and finance committees worked under its wing to get Scientology
accepted, Gilbert said.

Tags: Emile Gilbert, Infiltration, Ontario

=======================================

Fairness Appreciated
April 30, 1992, Gary Smith, Letters, News OK
http://newsok.com/fairness-appreciated/article/2392980

TO THE EDITOR: I just wanted to take the opportunity to let you and
your readers know that on behalf of myself and the Narconon Chilocco
staff, clients and counselor trainees I really appreciate the
objectivity that your paper has exercised in the coverage of the
Narconon issue. Narconon has never had a problem with addressing
questions and/or concerns someone may have about the organization. We
also welcome constructive input from anyone who is truly committed to
solving the drug and alcohol problems we are faced with as a society.

Tags: Narconon, Narconon Chilocco

=======================================

Medical examiner needs to rebuild credibility of office
April 30, 2002, Editorial, St. Petersburg Times
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/117140255.html?dids=117140255:117140255&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT

Wood, who approved Hansen's autopsy of Long, has little credibility
left. Her mishandling of the autopsy of Lisa McPherson forced
prosecutors to drop criminal charges against the Church of Scientology
two years ago. Wood, in 1995, said McPherson had died of complications
from dehydration after spending 17 days in the care of fellow
Scientologists. In 2000, she said the death was accidental.

She resigned amid the controversy, and court officials have been unable
to locate her for more than a year. The medical investigation of
Rebecca Long's death now indicates the clumsiness surrounding the
McPherson case is not an isolated incident.

Tags: Joan Wood, Lisa McPherson

=======================================

Campus Speaker Criticized by Ex-Devotees
April 30, 2003, Martin Ricard, Daily California
http://archive.dailycal.org/article/11416/campus_speaker_criticized_by_ex-devotees

A controversial religious leader will speak at Zellerbach Hall tonight,
despite objections from former followers who claim he leads a cult.

Former members allege Prem Rawat, head of Elan Vital, Inc., hides a
checkered past and is using the event to recruit new members.

"He's coming to Berkeley doing an introductory program, which means
he's trying to recruit more people," said former follower Joe Whalen,
who lives in San Francisco.

Tags: Guru Maharaj Ji, Joe Whalen, Prem Rawat

=======================================

Tom Cruise's manic meltdown
April 30, 2006, Jim Slotek, JAM!, Canoe
http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2006/04/30/1557485.html

Are we ready to feel sorry for Tom Cruise yet?

Perhaps the most maladroit celebrity since ... well, if not ever, then
at least since Michael Jackson, Cruise seems incapable of doing or
saying anything in front of cameras and tape-recorders that doesn't
come off strange and/or weird.

=======================================

Scientology Shares Secrets on YouTube ... Sort Of
April 30, 2008, Jenna Wortham, Wired
http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008/04/church-of-scien.html

The Church of Scientology fired the latest salvo in the information war
with its detractors Monday, launching a YouTube channel and touting
"its commitment to open communication."

But the notoriously secretive (and litigious) organization doesn't
appear to truly be embracing the kind of openness that makes the
internet such a philosophical free-for-all: The Church of Scientology
YouTube channel doesn't allow users to post comments, and the option to
embed videos is disabled for certain clips.

Tags: Anonymous, YouTube

=======================================

So you want to be a scientologist
April 30, 2008, Bonnie Goldstein, Slate Magazine
http://www.slate.com/id/2190284/entry/2190286/

Q: How is becoming a Scientologist like buying a house?
A: You have to sign a contract!

The signed agreement is an attempt to limit Scientology's legal
exposure. Church members are required to "forever give up my right to
sue the church ? for any injury or damage suffered in any way connected
with Scientology religious services." In order to participate in
services, one must further acknowledge that "no Scientology church is
under any duty or obligation whatsoever to return any portion of any
religious donation." In other words, all sales are final.

Tags: Anonymous, David Miscavige, Refund

=======================================

Narconon: Des manifestants c?l?brent la fermeture
April 30, 2012, Gabriel Delisle, La Presse
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-nouvelliste/actualites/201204/30/01-4520242-narconon-des-manifestants-celebrent-la-fermeture.php

Les manifestants, la plupart membres du mouvement Anonymous, ?taient
venus principalement de Montr?al et de Qu?bec pour c?l?brer la
fermeture du centre de d?sintoxication. Ils prenaient le th? sur une
table install?e sur le bord de la route et dansaient au son d'une
musique techno. Sans les affiches, la manifestation aurait pu passer
pour une mascarade. "Nous avons gagn? et vous avez perdu", disait en
anglais dans un porte-voix un des manifestants masqu?s.

Deux des organisateurs de la manifestation, Pierre-Louis Leclerc et
Christian Riopel, disaient lutter depuis plus de cinq ans contre les
pratiques de l'?glise de scientologie. "Les liens sont clairement
?tablis entre l'?glise de scientologie et les centres Narconon",
affirme Pierre-Louis Leclerc. "On pratiquait des techniques non
prouv?es scientifiquement et dangereuses pour les patients."

Tags: Anonymous, Canada, Christian Riopel, David Love, Narconon, Narconon
Trois-Rivi?res, Pierre-Louis Leclerc, Quebec

=======================================

The Scientology Method: Drill, Baby, Drill!
April 30, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/04/30/the-scientology-method-drill-baby-drill/

Claire Headley is taking us on our journey to train as Scientologists.
She and her husband Marc were Sea Org workers who escaped from
Scientology's International Base in 2005. She spent years working with
Scientology's "tech," and was trusted to oversee the auditing of Tom
Cruise. Go here to see the first part in this series.

Claire, after all the study tech and word clearing and memorizing of
Scientology slogans we've already gone through, you're telling us that
we have even more to endure?

CLAIRE: Well, next is "Method One Co-Audit," and it's where you're
paired up with another person. You then audit each other on Method One
word clearing. The "end phenomena" (or EP as it's called in the world
of Scientology) is the recovery of one's education. We can run through
the steps of the process. And after completing Method One word clearing
and Student Hat (which we've already covered) you are now a "Fast Flow
Student."

Tags: 2005, Angry Gay Pope, Chairman of the Board, Claire Headley, Clear, E-
meter, Golden Age of Tech, Hollywood, Int Base, J. Swift, Karen de la
Carriere, L. Ron Hubbard, OT, Quicky, Sea Org, Student Hat, Tom Cruise

=======================================

Church of Scientology drug rehab centre rejected
April 30, 2014, ABC News (Australia)
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-30/drug-reject/5421756

A plan for a controversial Church of Scientology drug rehabilitation
centre on the New South Wales Central Coast has been rejected.

Wyong Council has this week knocked back a proposal by an offshoot of
the Church of Scientology, the Association for Better Living and
Education, to run a rehabilitation facility in the Yarramalong Valley.

Tags: ABLE, Doug Eaton, Land and Environment Court, Narconon, Narconon New
South Wales, New South Wales, Wyong Shire, Yarramalong Valley

=======================================

Scientology leader David Miscavige turns 54 today - Hip, hip, hooray!
April 30, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2014/04/30/scientology-leader-david-miscavige-turns-54-today-hip-hip-hooray/

On this special occasion, we'll allow ourselves a little levity and
congratulate Scientology leader David Miscavige on his 54th birthday
with a humorous photo-illustration done by our old friend Jeffrey
Augustine.

We weren't invited to COB's party, but we can pretend that we were. If
we were toasting The Ecclesiastical Kid, which of his accomplishments
would we make sure to mention?

- Pushing Pat and Annie Broeker out of the way for supreme Scientology
generalissimo?

Tags: 1993, 2000, 2004, Annie Broeker, Basics, Chairman of the Board, David
Miscavige, Freedom Medal of Valor, Golden Age of Tech, Ideal Org, IRS,
Jeffrey Augustine, Quicky, Sea Org, Super Power Building, Tom Cruise

=======================================

As Scientology crumbles, read the dreams its members are still chasing
April 30, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/04/30/as-scientology-crumbles-read-the-dreams-its-members-are-still-chasing/

We're once again indebted to one of our tipsters for sending us
something revealing about how things are going inside the Church of
Scientology. In this case, we get a really remarkable glimpse inside
the mind of a young Scientologist and his dreams for what Scientology
could be.

Jeremy Moll grew up in the church and is a graduate of the Delphian
School, an unaccredited and very expensive private school in Oregon
where wealthy Scientologists send their kids. Jeremy's a talented
25-year-old today, and had dreams, coming out of Delphian, to be a
musician and a filmmaker.

He was thinking of moving to Los Angeles and making a play for the big
time. But then, he decided to put those plans on hold and sign a
contract at the Portland Scientology "Ideal Org."

Tags: 1965, 2013, AFF, Amazon, Australia, Author Services Inc, Canada,
Chicago, Clear, Clearwater, David Miscavige, DC, Delphian, Delphian School, E-
meter, EPA, Florida, Freewinds, Golden Age of Tech, Hollywood, Ideal Org,
Jamie DeWolf, Jeremy Moll, L. Ron Hubbard, Leah Remini, Los Angeles, Mark
Bunker, Music, New York City, Orange County, Oregon, OT, PAC Base, Paulette
Cooper, Portland, Quicky, Registrar, Saint Hill, San Diego, San Francisco,
Santa Barbara, Scientology Media Productions, Sea Org, Student Hat, Survival
Rundown, Tampa, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, Toronto, Washington

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
UmbraXenu - The Home Game:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/mediawiki/index.php/UmbraXenu_-_The_Home_Game