Today in Scientology -- February 24th ****************************

Scientology Today

Feb 24, 2017, 11:51:10 PM2/24/17
Today February 24th in Scientology history

From the Publisher
February 24, 1992, Elizabeth P. Valk, TIME Magazine
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,974934,00.html

Less than two months into 1992, well before the opening of the main
season for journalistic awards, and we have already bagged a big one.
The American Society of Journalists and Authors has selected associate
editor Richard Behar for its Conscience in Media Award, in recognition
of his expose of the Church of Scientology in the May 6, 1991, issue.
The award, honoring "those who have ^ demonstrated singular commitment
to the highest principles of journalism at notable personal cost or
sacrifice," has been conferred only seven times previously in the 17
years it has existed. Needless to say, we are delighted and proud.

Tags: Richard Behar

Arrests Made At Scientology's Guarded Desert Compound, Including Renowned
Critic Mark Bunker
February 24, 2009, Dawn Olsen, GlossLip
https://web.archive.org/web/20100310092047/http://technorati.com/entertainment/glosslip/article/breaking-news-arrests-made-at-scientologys-guarded-desert-compound-including-renowned-critic-mark-bunker

Tags: Anonymous, Bob Buster, Citizen's arrest, Doug Owens, Int Base, Jeff
Stone, Mark Bunker, Mark Lowell, Pamela Walls, Riverside County, Riverside
County Board of Supervisors, Roy Wilson, Sea Org, Tommy Davis

Foes of picketing ordinance put spotlight on Riverside County supervisor
February 24, 2009, Julia Glick, Press-Enterprise
http://www.pe.com/localnews/rivcounty/stories/PE_News_Local_S_supes25.3a7c4c5.html

Opponents of proposed picketing restrictions supported by the Church of
Scientology raised questions Tuesday about Riverside County Supervisor
Jeff Stone's relationship with the church's lawyer, Samuel Alhadeff.

Stone has pushed supervisors for months to approve an ordinance that
would limit protests targeting residences in unincorporated Riverside
County, including dormitories at the church's compound near Hemet.
Alhadeff has championed the ordinance on behalf of the church at
several meetings.

Tags: Bob Buster, Jeff Stone, Riverside, Samuel Alhadeff

Riverside County approves public protest limits
February 24, 2009, KPCC
http://www.publicradio.org/columns/kpcc/kpccnewsinbrief/2009/02/riverside-county-approves-publ.html

Riverside County supervisors today approved an ordinance that bars
protests within 30 feet of residential property lines. The action comes
a few months after a demonstration outside a Church of Scientology
compound near Hemet. A protestor ended up in a scuffle with a security
guard hired by the church. Riverside County Supervisor Jeff Stone
drafted the ordinance.

Tags: Hemet, Int Base, Jeff Stone, Riverside County

Riverside Restricts Picketing
February 24, 2009, NBC
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Riverside-Restricts-Picketing-LA.html

The original proposal stemmed, in part, from complaints by the Church
of Scientology regarding protests outside its 500-acre "Gold Base"
compound near Hemet. The facility combines the church's "Golden Era"
production studios with residential dwellings on either side of state
Route 79.

Church officials described feeling threatened by the half-dozen or so
picketers who gathered outside Gold Base's front gates last fall,
shouting anti-church slogans and carrying signs condemning the church
for alleged abuses. One person was arrested.

Tags: Anonymous, Bob Buster, Graham Berry, Int Base, Jeff Stone, Lira Bishop,
Pamela Walls, Riverside County, Riverside County Board of Supervisors, Roy
Wilson, Sam Alhadeff

Two protesters arrested, cited outside Church of Scientology compound
February 24, 2009, Julia Glick, Press-Enterprise
https://web.archive.org/web/20090228063552/http://www.pe.com/localnews/religion/stories/PE_News_Local_S_base25.4635e68.html

Sheriff's deputies arrested Mark Bunker and Douglas Owens shortly
before 2 p.m., releasing them later with citations for trespassing,
said Lt. Patricia Knudson. They did so after church members made
citizens' arrests, she said.

Tags: Douglas Owens, Int Base, Mark Bunker, Patricia Knudson, Riverside County

Casablanca Update
February 24, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/casablanca-update/

Casablanca turns out to be an apt name for our modest abode. There is
never a dull moment. People scheduled months in advance are likely to
meet the most fascinating folks who come through on an emergency basis.
While what people face on the other side of the Wall contain similar
elements, each being and the story he or she lives and the challenges
they face are unique.

In the the past three weeks alone we have hosted four people who have
informed me about being approached by OSA agents to infiltrate and
disrupt our lives. Four people in three weeks. Four people who refused,
and made their way half way across the country to tell me about it.
Now, if the subjects of four failed attempts have made it to my place
in a three week span, how many attempted infiltrations and disruptions
do you think OSA operatives have attempted in the past two years?

What does all this mean?

Tags: David Miscavige, FBI, L. Ron Hubbard, Office of Special Affairs, Quicky

Testimony: Slaying victim left troubled firm, sought severance
February 24, 2011, Monte Whaley, Denver Post
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_17467378

Murder victim Thomas Ciancio was happy and upbeat about working at
Fowler Software until early 2009, when the business began to fail,
witnesses said Wednesday.

Many of the company's financial woes could be linked to a decision by
the company's founder, William Rex Fowler, to funnel as much as
$250,000 of the company's funds to an outside group.

That organization was the Church of Scientology, according to testimony.

Tags: Murder, Rex Fowler, Thomas Ciancio

The Monkey Master
February 24, 2011, Jefferson Hawkins, Leaving Scientology
https://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/the-monkey-master/

I ran across the following fable in a book by Gene Sharp, called From
Dictatorship to Democracy (available as a free download here).

Sharp, Professor Emeritus of political science at the University of
Massachusetts Dartmouth and Nobel Peace Prize nominee, is known for his
extensive writings on nonviolent struggle, which have influenced
numerous anti-government resistance movements around the world. Known
as the "Clausewitz of nonviolent warfare," Sharp has influenced
resistance organizations around the world, most recently the protest
movement that toppled President Mubarak of Egypt as well as the
movements in Tunisia and Libya. This fable, a Fourteenth Century
Chinese parable by Liu-Ji, offers insight into the nature of political
power.

In the feudal state of Chu an old man survived by keeping monkeys in
his service. The people of Chu called him "ju gong" (monkey master).

Tags: Chinese, Egypt, Massachusetts, Nobel, Quicky, Tunisia

Former scientology member 'held against will aboard cruise ship'
February 24, 2012, Jonathan Pearlman, The Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/8923123/Former-scientology-member-held-against-will-aboard-cruise-ship.html

However, Ms Paris's claims were backed up by a former senior executive
on the Freewinds, Ramana Dienes-Browning.

"She made it very clear she did not want to be there," she claimed.
"She had been sent to the ship so as not to be in contact with one of
her parents and that is not what she wanted. She was very, very
distressed."

Tags: Cadet Org, David Miscavige, Freewinds, Ramana Dienes-Browning, Sea Org,
Valeska Paris

Scientology on the High Seas: Hubbard Welcomes the New Meat!
February 24, 2012, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/scientology_on_7.php

In November we started a new feature here on Fridays: the Voice has
obtained hundreds of copies of L. Ron Hubbard's previously unpublished
"Orders of the Day," which he gave to crew members as he sailed the
Mediterranean. Our documents cover the period from late 1968 through
1971, and this time we're looking at what was happening the week of
February 19 through 25 during those years.

After the jump, Hubbard surveys his latest land purchase and welcomes
new recruits...

[Confused? Go here for our primer, "What is Scientology?" For recent
controversies in the church, check out our stories on Debbie Cook,
secrets of the Super Power Building, and spying on Tom Cruise. We know
these 40-year-old ship's documents aren't for everyone, but they've
been giving us some interesting insights into the mind of Hubbard as he
ran Scientology from a yacht in the Mediterranean. Check back here
often for more breaking news about the church.]

Tags: 1968, 1971, Arthur Hubbard, Debbie Cook, L. Ron Hubbard, Mary Sue
Hubbard, Mediterranean, Mission, OCA, Orders of the Day, Quicky, Sea Org,
Super Power Building, Tom Cruise

Marisol Nichols prepares for her greatest role: Scientology space cadet!
February 24, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/02/24/marisol-nichols-prepares-for-her-greatets-role-scientology-space-cadet/

On Sundays, we like to reveal to you the wackiest Scientology e-mails,
fliers, and other come-ons that were sent out to church members during
the past week. And this week, the most exciting news that they received
was about one of their celebrities, Marisol Nichols.

Nichols reached new heights of fame after her role as Special Agent
Nadia Yassir in 24's sixth season. But she's also reached new heights
in her career as a Scientologist. As you'll see in an exciting e-mail
that was sent out to church members, Marisol has reached the pinnacle
of spiritual achievement, and she's going to speak at her graduation on
Friday at the Hollywood Celebrity Centre!

We learned about this when one of our tipsters forwarded to us an
e-mail from Tom Cruise's former personal assistant, Andrea Doven, who
just recently celebrated a graduation of her own at the Celebrity
Centre. And now, look how excited she is to announce Marisol's event...

Tags: 2000, 2011, Andrea Doven, Bridge to Total Freedom, Celebrity Centre,
Grant Cardone, Hollywood, Ideal Org, KCET, Marisol Nichols, Operating Thetan,
Quicky, San Francisco, Tom Cruise

OSCAR NIGHT LIVE-BLOGGING: Scientology on the Hot Seat with John Travolta and
'The Master'
February 24, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/02/24/oscar-night-live-blogging-scientology-on-the-hot-seat-with-john-travolta-and-the-master/

When you tune into the Academy Awards show tonight at 8:30 pm Eastern,
please join us as we provide a Scientology watcher's view on the
proceedings.

This is the biggest Oscars night for Scientology in many years, and we
have been assured by sources who would know that the show will be
watched at the International Base by the church's "Sea Org" members.

(And as if we'd signed Sea Org contracts ourselves, tonight's show is
apt to feel a billion years long.)

Tags: Academy Award, Int Base, John Travolta, Mary Sue Hubbard, Quicky, Sea
Org, The Master

At The Request Of Those In Command...
February 24, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/at-the-request-of-those-in-command/

More of the paranoia. It is becoming almost laughable.

Following on from the new staff "non-disparagement" contract comes this.

Apparently, the fringes of the internet are causing an unwanted effect
on the mighty Cause Over Life OT's....

Tags: 2000, Advanced Org, AOLA, ASHO, Class VI, Clear, Hollywood, Hollywood
Life Improvement Center, L. Ron Hubbard, OT, Quicky, Saint Hill, Saint Hill
Special Briefing Course

Fear Of Discovery
February 24, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/fear-of-discovery/

Tony Ortega had a fascinating document on his blog amongst the weekly
"Sunday Funnies."

It is indicative of how paranoid things have become inside the bunker.
And how much effect the work of those who have spoken out about abuses
within the church has been. And how mortally wounded Dear Leader really
is and how desperate to end the "torture" of exposure he is.

They are actually trying to get new people to sign a bizarre document,
something so astonishing it bears as much exposure as possible. This
says everything about the state of the RCS.

Tags: AFF, APA, Appeal, California, Church of Scientology International,
David Miscavige, L. Ron Hubbard, Mission, OCA, OPP, OT, Quicky, Religious
Technology Center, Sunday Funnies, Tony Ortega

Monique Rathbun files motion for contempt against Scientology defendants
February 24, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/24/monique-rathbun-files-motion-for-contempt-against-scientology-defendants/

On Friday, Monique Rathbun upped the ante on her objections about
Scientology's legal behavior by filing a motion for contempt in her
harassment lawsuit against the church and its leader, David Miscavige.

Previously, she had filed a motion for sanctions, complaining that
Scientology was holding back evidence that she was entitled to. Now,
she's gathered more proof that the church is holding back documents,
editing video it is required to turn over, and otherwise engaging in
"dirty tricks" that she charges is a traditional part of Scientology's
long litigation history.

In the motion, Monique Rathbun puts her struggles getting documentation
from Scientology in the context of Scientology's record of litigation
tactics, and even reaches back to Scientology's notorious "Guardian
Office," the church's spy wing that was involved in a four-year-long
infiltration of the US government in the 1970s, resulting in the
prosecution of 11 top Scientology officials.

Tags: 1970, 2007, 2013, Allan Cartwright, Comal County, David Miscavige, Ed
Bryan, Guardian's Office, Joanne Wheaton, Judge Dib Waldrip, Kendrick Moxon,
Lawrence Wollersheim, Legal, Linda Hamel, Mary Sue Hubbard, Mike Rinder,
Monique Rathbun, Office of Special Affairs, Quicky, Rathbun v. Scientology,
Religious Technology Center, Riverside Sheriff's Department, Sea Org, Snow
White Program, Squirrel, Texas, Tommy Davis, Warren McShane

More Disparagement :)
February 24, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/more-disparagement/

Because I feel like piling on today.

Steve Hall took the new RCS Non-Disparagement Covenant and revised it
to substitute North Korea for the CoS, to show how just insane this
document and the CoS mentality has become. It is both amusing and
disturbing.

The church of Scientology is becoming a parody (Parodi?) worthy of the
further attention of Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Miscavige and His
Merry Band of Minions could become the perfect sequel to Team America:
World Police or The Book Of Mormon.

Tags: APA, David Miscavige, DC, IOL, Matt Stone, Mormon, North Korea, OCA,
OPP, OT, Police, Quicky, RIES, Steve Hall, Trey Parker, USA

Flag Is Limp
February 24, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/flag-is-limp/

Jeff Mintz is not as regular as he once was, and for a while I thought
he had been given the permanent heave-ho. It's a terrible thing when
"good news" turns up on this blog as proof of stagnation.

Then, after a month of silence, the FSC San Jose stole his thunder and
put out the Mintzmeat(tm) report from herself. She even stole his
format, but changed it from blue to red (Mintz had changed "Good News"
to "Late Breaking News" probably because of how much fun we had with
his "good news" but Ms. Dodwell seems oblivious for now).

As always, I have added the latest figures to the end of the list of
same stats that Mr. Mintz has been putting out over the last year.

Tags: Clear, David Miscavige, Flag Service Organization, Harvey Jacques,
International Association of Scientologists, Jeff Mintz, Joe Nocera, New York
Times, OT VII, Purif, Quicky, San Jose, Super Power, TIME

New government release contains a surprise: L. Ron Hubbard flunked out of
high school, too!
February 24, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/24/new-government-release-contains-a-surprise-l-ron-hubbard-flunked-out-of-high-school-too/

Hubbard in 1928 We have another surprising set of documents recently
unearthed by a researcher who is a friend to the Underground Bunker and
has been making use of the Muckrock website for submitting Freedom of
Information Act record requests.

For several weeks now, we've been plowing through documents released by
the Food and Drug Administration, which investigated L. Ron Hubbard and
Scientology for a 1963 raid of the Washington DC "Founding Church," and
then continued to gather information during 8 years of intense
litigation over health claims made by Scientology for its "E-meter."

We have found that FDA inspectors looked into every aspect of Hubbard's
life, and in these new documents, we learn that in 1963 they dug up a
pretty complete set of Hubbard's school records. Longtime Scientology
watchers know that transcripts of Hubbard's brief college career have
been online for many years. But now, for the first time, we have his
high school grades.

Tags: 1924, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1930, 1931, 1932, 1933, 1947, 1963, 1987, 1990,
A Piece of Blue Sky, Apparently loafing, Bare-Faced Messiah, Bremerton, CCHR,
China, Clear, Daily News, DC, Dentist, Dianetics, E-meter, Facebook, FDA,
Foundation for a Drug-Free World, Founding Church, Freedom of Information
Act, Freewinds, George D. Tilroe, George Washington University, Guam, Hawaii,
Helena, Helena High School, Hospital, Japan, Joe Nocera, Jon Atack, L. Ron
Hubbard, Maryland, Montana, Muckrock, New York Times, Paulette Cooper,
Philippines, Quicky, Registrar, Richard Behar, Russell Miller, Russia,
Seattle, Venezuela, Virginia, Washington, Washington Post, WISE, YMCA

Portland Church of Scientology's War on Weird (2013)
February 24, 2015, Arran ET, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2opDRfmoIlo

The Church of Scientology recently found a new space in the Sherlock
Building on the corner of Third Avenue and Oak Street in downtown
Portland. Judging from the propaganda in their windows it appears as
though they are attempting to "purify" Portland of its weirdness.

For the sake of responsible journalism it is also worth mentioning I
have not found any connections between 2BWell.net and the Church of
Scientology.

'Jamie DeWolf, Great Grandson Of L. Ron Hubbard, Says Katie Holmes
Probably 'Horrified' By Scientology':

Tags: 2012, 2013, Jamie DeWolf, Katie Holmes, Portland, Quicky, Sherlock
Building

Scientology Losing Its Teeth
February 24, 2015, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2015/02/24/scientology-losing-its-teeth/

It is heartening to see that established, credible media is now seeing
the reality of what we set out to accomplish six years ago and
suggested we had accomplished a year ago.

On 10 February 2014 we posted Miscavige's Obsession With the Rathbuns.

On 24 February 2015 the New York Times posted Scientology's Chilling
Effect.

Tags: 2014, David Miscavige, New York Times, Quicky

Scientology's Chilling Effect
February 24, 2015, Joe Nocera, Op-Ed, New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/24/opinion/joe-nocera-scientologys-chilling-effect.html

But the film doesn't really tackle the intimidation of journalists. One
of the first journalists to take on Scientology, in the early 1970s,
was a young freelance writer named Paulette Cooper. Scientology's
retaliation was astounding. It framed her for supposedly sending bomb
threats to the church. The documents it forged were so convincing that
she was indicted in 1973 and was fully exonerated only when the F.B.I.,
acting on a tip, raided Scientology offices and discovered the plot
against her in 1977.

Over the course of the next three decades-plus, there were a handful -
though only a handful - of tough-minded articles like Behar's.
"Everybody who wrote about Scientology knew they were taking a risk,"
Wright told me. You've heard of the "chilling effect?" Scientology
offered a prime example of how it works.

Tags: 1973, 1977, 1991, 1993, Alex Gibney, Anderson Cooper, Bomb threat, FBI,
Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, HBO, IRS, Lawrence Wright,
Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Paulette Cooper, Richard Behar, Tom Cruise,
Vanity Fair

The Church of Scientology's Meltdown Continues
February 24, 2015, Jeffrey Augustine, Scientology Money Project
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/2015/02/24/the-church-of-scientologys-meltdown-continues/

Note: The following essay will be tl;dr for everyone except serious
Scientology watchers. As such, it is not as accessible as other posts
on the Scientology Money Project. Nevertheless, I wanted to post this
in reference to what is happening to the Church of Scientology in
Australia. Ref: Tony's Ortega's article of February 23, 2015.

Former Church of Scientology Sea Org executive Mick Wenlock wrote in
2006 that Scientology's Advance Payments Received (APR) liability was
in excess of one billion dollars. Mick also wrote the following in 2006
at xenu.net:

"The basic idea that orgs should be 'upstat' is a core administrative
belief in Scientology - it comes from Hubbard hisveryownself. Where
they are raising the money from their local members they are merely
following in the footsteps of almost any other religion. I am not sure
why anyone would find that surprising except for the fact that
Scientology came very late to this idea.

Tags: 1976, 2001, 2006, 2010, 2013, Australia, Chernobyl, Cult, David
Miscavige, Flag Building, Ideal Org, L. Ron Hubbard, LAX, Potential Trouble
Source, Quicky, Rehabilitation Project Force, Sea Org, Texas

Monique Rathbun is on the clock at the Texas Supreme Court, and more in our
legal roundup
February 24, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2016/02/24/monique-rathbun-is-on-the-clock-at-the-texas-supreme-court-and-more-in-our-legal-roundup/

A sharp-eyed observer pointed out to us that the Texas Supreme Court's
docket posted a countdown date for Monique Rathbun to file a response
to the Church of Scientology's petition in her harassment lawsuit. That
date is set for March 21.

We asked commenter TX Lawyer about that, and he explained that it's an
automatic date set after Scientology filed its petition. Monique can
filed a response by that date, or, if she doesn't, then the court will
decide if it wants her to file one and will formally ask her to. Or, he
says, in some cases a party will waive the right to file a response if
they feel the appellant has such a weak case the court is not likely to
take up the case for consideration.

On Saturday, TX Lawyer told us that he does think the court will find
Monique's lawsuit and Scientology's appeal interesting, and will likely
want her to file a response. So, for now she's on the clock, but she
might wait it out and be asked to submit one.

Tags: 2014, Arthur Maren, California, Clear, David Keesling, David Miscavige,
Eric Tenorio, Freewinds, Indiana, Judge John Doyle, Judge Rolf Treu, Judge
Ronald Sohigian, Judge Ronald White, Karla Taylor, Laura DeCrescenzo, Los
Angeles Superior Court, Lucas Catton, Mexico, Monique Rathbun, Narconon,
Narconon Arrowhead, National Association of Forensic Counselors, NBC, New
Year's Eve, Oklahoma, Paulette Cooper, Quicky, Rock Center, Ross and Carrie,
Ryan Hamilton, Sea Org, Taiwan, Texas Supreme Court, TX Lawyer, WISE

Scientologists Appeal to Texas Supreme Court
February 24, 2016, Erik de la Garza, Courthouse News Service
http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/02/24/scientologists-appeal-to-texas-supreme-court.htm

The Church of Scientology asked the Texas Supreme Court to review a
judge's rejection of its First Amendment argument in a lawsuit from a
woman they filmed, surveilled and outside of whose home they protested
for 199 days.

Monique Rathbun sued the Church of Scientology International, its
leader David Miscavige, and four people she accused of harassing her,
in 2013. Her husband, Marty Rathbun, was known as Scientology's number
two executive behind Miscavige, before he walked away in 2004 after 27
years on the inside, according to court records.

Five years after he deserted the church, Marty Rathbun began denouncing
Miscavige's "criminal mistreatment of Scientology clergy," his wife
said in her original complaint.

Tags: 2004, 2013, Comal County, David Lubow, David Miscavige, Dildo, Ed
Bryan, E-meter, First Amendment, Independent Scientology, Lawsuit, Marty
Rathbun, Monique Rathbun, Private investigator, Rathbun v. Scientology,
Squirrel Busters, Steven Gregory Sloat, Texas, Texas Citizen's Participation
Act, Texas Supreme Court, Third Court of Appeal

Scientology Ad Fail
February 24, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-ad-fail/

There has been plenty of discussion about scientology's ads during the
Super Bowl and Grammy's. Much of it very derisive - the twittersphere
lit up with comments as soon as the ads appeared. Many of them were
pretty humorous.

They have run two ads - and neither sell anything. Instead they ask a
lot of questions and direct people to scientology.org website. Maybe
this is modeled on the original Jeff Hawkins Dianetics "question ads"
that sent Dianetics back onto the NY Times bestseller list.

Back then, the success of the ads was measured by the number of books
sold in bookstores (today, there are virtually no Hubbard books in any
bookstores anywhere...). The success of these ads would be seen in
visits to the scientology.org website. Fortunately this is easy to
track with Alexa.

Tags: Advanced Org, Argentina, Australia, David Miscavige, Dianetics,
Facebook, Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, Google, Italy,
Jefferson Hawkins, Leah Remini, OT, Philippines, Quicky, Squirrel, Super Bowl

Regraded Being
February 24, 2017, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/friday-regraded-being-85/

Tags: Quicky, Regraded Being

Whale watching, 2017 edition: Who's keeping Scientology from sinking?
February 24, 2017, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2017/02/24/whale-watching-2017-edition-whos-keeping-scientology-from-sinking/

It's that time of year again! The new Impact magazine is out and it
gives us a chance to see which of Scientology's most wealthy donors -
we call them whales - were celebrated at the annual IAS gala last
October.

We're fortunate once again to have the help of a tipster in Italy who
received the Italian-language version of Impact, and then got us these
images as soon as he could. We're so lucky to have so many great
tipsters around the world who help out the Underground Bunker on a
daily basis! Our thanks to all of our unsung heroes.

If you're new, we'll give you the quick rundown on what you're about to
see from the pages of this special Scientology magazine. Every year,
all Scientologists are under intense pressure to donate huge sums for a
variety of different projects and in a variety of different ways. But
one of the most important ways a member contributes to the cause is by
donating to what started out as a defense fund for the church in 1984.
The International Association of Scientologists (IAS) celebrates that
founding every year in October under a giant tent in East Grinstead,
England (except for in 2013, when it was held in Clearwater, Florida).
The big whales are recognized if, during the past year, they have
reached a new cumulative goal in their total overall spending.

Tags: 1984, 2006, 2013, Bob Duggan, Chieko Mabe, Claire Loehwing, Clearwater,
David Miscavige, Dennis Romeiser, Diamond Excalibur, Diamond Invictus,
Diamond Laureate, Diamond Maximus, Diamond Meritorious, East Grinstead,
Eduardo Galan, Elena Cardone, Emmett Osborn, England, Florida, Forbes,
France, Germany, Gold Meritorious, International Association of
Scientologists, Iran, Italy, Jim Bridgeforth, Joy Villa, Kathy Feshbach,
Linda Lagemann, Los Angeles, Lynette Barry, Maria Lara, Nina Reznikova,
Patron Excalibur, Patron Invictus, Patron Laureate, Patron Maximus, Patron
Meritorious, Patron with Honors, Peggy Patrick, Platinum Excalibur, Platinum
Invictus, Platinum Laureate, Platinum Maximus, Platinum Meritorious, Quicky,
Ruddy Rodriguez, Scientology award, Sheila Atkinson-Baker, Silver
Meritorious, Simone Hafenmayer, Simone Lorenzen, Susanne Marks, Thorsten
Overgaard, Venezuela, Victoria Cummins, Whale

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
February 24 in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/days/02-24.html