Today in Scientology -- September 24th **********************

Scientology Today

Sep 24, 2016, 9:51:11 PM9/24/16
Today September 24th in Scientology history

Net archive silences Scientology critic
September 24, 2002, Lisa M. Bowman, CNET
http://www.news.com/2100-1023-959236.html

The Internet Archive, a site that preserves snapshots of old Web pages
and bills itself as "a library of Internet sites and other cultural
artifacts in digital form," no longer contains links to archival pages
of Xenu.net. Instead, surfers are pointed to a page telling them the
site was taken down "per the request of the site owner."

However, Xenu.net operator Andreas Heldal-Lund said he never made any
such request. Heldal-Lund, a Norwegian businessman and longtime church
critic, said he's eager for people to read archived pages of his site.

Tags: Andreas Heldal-Lund, Internet Archive

Larry Brennan in Hamburg, repaired (1/4)
September 24, 2008, JohnnyAnonic, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpiX-5mG87A

PLEASE DON'T LINK THE VIDEOS. LINK THIS PLAYLIST: http://www.youtube.
com/view_play_list?p=FF78C58A588852A2 Thank you! Larry Brennan, former
Scientology execu...

Tags: Denise Brennan, Hamburg

Larry Brennan in Hamburg, repaired (2/4)
September 24, 2008, JohnnyAnonic, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSF7L7XE0oo

Larry Brennan, former Scientology executive, speaks about the
organization's legal cloaking methods. Originally uploaded by
AboutScientology, and further edi...

Tags: Denise Brennan, Hamburg

Flies in the Anointment: David Miscavige's Qualifications
September 24, 2009, Jefferson Hawkins, Leaving Scientology
https://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2009/09/24/flies-in-the-anointment-david-miscavige%e2%80%99s-qualifications/

If you were going to choose a leader for the Church of Scientology, how
would you go about it?

1. Well, first, you'd probably do some research and see if LRH ever
designated anyone as his successor. Given that this person's other
qualifications were in place, they would probably be a top candidate.

2. You'd want someone who is technically trained, ideally a Class XII
C/S. You'd want someone who has done a lot of auditing and C/Sing and
has a good record of technical results. If they are going to make
decisions that affect training and processing, you'd want them to know
what they are talking about.

Tags: 1986, 1991, Annie Broeker, Chairman of the Board, Commodore's Messenger
Organization, David Miscavige, England, International Management, L. Ron
Hubbard, Loyal Officers, Mission, Ponzi scheme, Quicky, Rehabilitation
Project Force, Religious Technology Center, Saint Hill, Sea Org, SEC, Tone
Scale

Biggi Reichert: Does Scientology Have Another Lisa McPherson On Its Hands?
September 24, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/biggi_reichert.php

Biggi Reichert: What happened to her before her 2006 suicide? When I
talked to Marty Rathbun after his return from Germany recently, he
mentioned that one of the things he and Ursula Caberta hoped would come
from their new friendship was cooperation on a mysterious death
involving a German Scientologist.

Today, Rathbun held up his end of that bargain, going public with what
he knows in the apparent suicide of a woman named Biggi Reichert, and
asking for the public's help in solving some strange unanswered
questions in her death.

Rathbun had told me that Caberta, a German government official who has
been working since 1992 to curb Scientology's influence there,
considers this a very troubling and potentially damaging situation for
the church.

Tags: 1992, 2004, 2006, 2009, Biggi Reichert, Clearwater, David Miscavige,
Florida, Germany, Lisa McPherson, Marty Rathbun, Operating Thetan, OT VIII,
Quicky, Ursula Caberta

Scientology Dropkick: Commenters of the Week!
September 24, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/scientology_dro.php

DM's minions keep dropping the ball! Before we look back at the week
that was, we wanted to remind you of our upcoming schedule.

Monday morning at 9 am we'll reveal #3 in our big countdown, and then
at noon we'll close voting on our readers poll. So if you haven't yet
put in your own ballot, there's still time to tell us your own rankings
in The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology!

Then, on Wednesday, it's time for the grand finale. At 9 am, we'll
reveal #2 in the countdown, and then, only two hours later, we'll post
the #1 person Crippling Scientology. At 1 pm, if all goes to plan,
we'll also post the results of our readers poll and bring to a close
this project that took almost two months to complete.

Tags: 2008, Amnesty International, Amy Scobee, Anonymous, Catholic, Catholic
Online, Chris Guider, Christian, Chuck Beatty, Claire Headley, Counterfeit
Dreams, Daniel Montalvo, David Miscavige, Freedom magazine, Gur Finkelstein,
Ideal Org, International Association of Scientologists, Jason Beghe,
Jefferson Hawkins, Joe Childs, Marc Headley, Mark Bunker, Mark Ebner, Marty
Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Office of Special Affairs, OT, Patty Moher, Paul
Haggis, Project Chanology, Quicky, Randy Sly, San Patricio County,
Scientology lawyer, Sea Org, Squirrel Busters, St. Petersburg Times, Stephen
Cox, Steve Hall, Tel Aviv, Texas, The Truth Rundown, Tom Cruise, Tom DeVocht,
Tom Tobin, Truth Rundown, UK, Xenu, Yahoo, YouTube

The Strange Case of Biggi Reichert
September 24, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/24/the-strange-case-of-biggi-reichert/

I am investigating the circumstances and cover up of the 2006 untimely
and unfortunate death of a senior German Scientologist.

Biggi Reichert

Biggie was an OT VIII. She was also an IAS Patron.

Tags: 2000, 2006, Biggi Reichert, David Miscavige, Florida, Hamburg,
International Association of Scientologists, Mission, OT, OT VIII, Quicky,
Scientology organization

Combatting Disconnection
September 24, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/combatting-disconnection/

A most significant advance in the cause of disintegrating DISCONNECTION
(Scientology Inc. brand shunning) was announced here late last week.
For those who missed it during the flurry of breaking news, you can see
it here, Fairmans' Disarm Scientology Disconnection.

In the wake of that long bomb, Renata and Claudio Lugli advanced the
ball further on a Italian national TV program. (English subtitles
included) They also helped in our ongoing efforts to differentiate
corporate Scientology from the subject of Scientology itself and the
independent movement.

Karmic vortex*. Meet spiritual juggernaut.

Tags: 2008, Claudio Lugli, Disconnection, J. Swift, Mat Pesch, Quicky

JASON BEGHE ON LEAH REMINI: She's Right, Scientology Does Want Her to Fail
September 24, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/09/24/jason-beghe-on-leah-remini-shes-right-scientology-does-want-her-to-fail/

Last night, on Dancing With The Stars, Leah Remini was heard telling
her dance partner, Tony Dovolani, that Scientology, which she left this
summer, wants her to fail on the program so its members would think
that's what happens to anyone who leaves. "You're used to taking a lot
of negativity on yourself," she said about being a part of Scientology.

We wanted to ask another actor who left the church recently what he
thought about her words. We spoke to Jason Beghe last night and asked
him, was Leah Remini correct to say that Scientology wants her to fail?

Beghe left Scientology in 2008 in a very public way, recording a
YouTube video denouncing the church. Since then, the veteran film and
television actor's career has taken off with recurring roles in
Californication and Chicago Fire, and now he's filming episodes for his
own spinoff series, Chicago PD. But in spite of that success, he's
dealt with severe harassment from Scientology since he left, and he
told us there was no question that Remini was right about what she said
on television last night.

Tags: 2008, Chicago, Chicago Fire, Cindy Plahuta, Dancing With the Stars,
David Miscavige, Disconnection, Fair Game, Harassment, Jason Beghe, Leah
Remini, NBC, Office of Special Affairs, Quicky, YouTube

Leah Remini vs. David Miscavige
September 24, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/leah-remini-vs-david-miscavige/

The old saying goes, "Never pick a fight with anyone who buys ink by
the barrel."

A modern translation, "Never pick a fight with anyone who has a large
social media profile."

And with that in mind, we see this statement from David Miscavige this
morning:

Tags: Clear, Dancing With the Stars, David Miscavige, Disconnection, Lawrence
Wright, Leah Remini, Paul Haggis, Quicky, Shelly Miscavige, TIME

That's As Real As It Gets
September 24, 2013, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/thats-as-real-as-it-gets/

It don't get no realer than that.

The world is seeing the actual aftermath of Scientology real time,
thanks to Leah Remini.

As Jason Beghe noted on Tony Ortega's blog, overcoming intense,
directed negativity is not an exception for stars, it is the rule for
those who dare to leave Scientology.

Tags: Jason Beghe, Leah Remini, Quicky, Tony Ortega

Rathbun v. Scientology: Another appeals court hearing, this time with
everything on the line
September 24, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2014/09/24/rathbun-v-scientology-another-appeals-court-hearing-this-time-with-everything-on-the-line/

Monique Rathbun and the Church of Scientology are back in court today
for a hearing before the Texas Third Court of Appeals.

In July, the same court overturned a lower court order that would have
allowed Monique to depose Scientology leader David Miscavige in her
harassment suit against the church. But that was for a jurisdictional
question in a preliminary matter. This time, however, the entire ball
of wax is on the line.

Tags: 2013, Comal County, David Miscavige, First Amendment, Judge Dib
Waldrip, Leslie Hyman, Marc Wiegand, Mark Bunker, Marty Rathbun, Monique
Rathbun, Rathbun v. Scientology, Ray Jeffrey, Seth Andrews, SLAPP, Texas
Third Court of Appeals, Thinking Atheist, Thomas Leatherbury, Tory Christman,
TX Lawyer

Seeking Information
September 24, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/seeking-information/

I am seeking some information.

Anyone who has experienced first-hand, or has personal knowledge of
anything like this happening to another, please make yourself known in
the comments section and I will email you at the address you provide as
part of posting your comment.

This exact scenario happened to one person, but I do not believe it is
limited to this single instance. I believe that as the pressure to
collect money (especially for ideal orgs) has grown, those held
responsible for meeting the targets have become increasingly desperate.

Tags: OT, Quicky, Rehabilitation Project Force

Stalled Scientology development is latest delay in long effort to restore
blighted Hotel Alexandra
September 24, 2014, Dan Adams, Boston Globe
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2014/09/23/stalled-scientology-development-latest-delay-long-effort-restore-blighted-hotel-alexandra/u4QoLkXcX3wX6Le7tNGfoN/story.html

Neighbors cheered when, in 2008, the Church of Scientology of Boston
bought the historic but crumbling Hotel Alexandra in the South End and
promised to fix the building, which has been blighted for decades. But
six years later, work has yet to start. Instead, the church is
struggling to close a multimillion dollar funding shortfall, fighting a
potentially costly lawsuit that alleges it broke a real estate
contract, and scaling back its ambitious renovation plans.

Tags: Alexandra Hotel, Boston, Bud Larievy, DDJB Real Estate Holdings, Ideal
Org, Ivory Bean House, Kate Norton, Kevin Hall, Marc LaCasse, Martin Walsh,
Quincy, Stephen Yung, Tito Jackson

Valley Begging
September 24, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/valley-begging/

Pleaaaaaasssseeeee....

We have to get "Under $8 million"...

This has to be the single most intensely focused and persistent
fundraising campaign in scientology history. In the home of the largest
population of scientologists on earth. Supported by Bart Simpson's cash
matching everything they can scrape together, and STILL they cannot
make a dent - they have MORE THAN $8 MILLION to raise before they even
start "renovating" their white elephant.

Tags: OT, Quicky

(VIDEO) The Scientology Experience, Part 4: The Journey to Hell and Back
September 24, 2015, Chris Shelton, Critical Thinker at Large
http://mncriticalthinking.com/2015/09/24/video-the-scientology-experience-part-4-the-journey-to-hell-and-back/

In order to provide more points of view and experience on my channel,
I'm interviewing people involved in Scientology and other destructive
cults and getting their stories.

Tags: 1992, Cincinnati, Jeannie Sonenfeld, John Woodruff, Los Angeles, OT
VIII, Quicky, Robyn Capella, Saint Hill, Sea Org

Leah Remini book out Nov. 3: 'Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and
Scientology'
September 24, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/09/24/leah-remini-book-out-nov-3-troublemaker-surviving-hollywood-and-scientology/

Ballantine Books announced today what we've known for some time: Leah
Remini's memoir is finished and coming out soon. Titled Troublemaker:
Surviving Hollywood and Scientology, the book is scheduled to be
released on November 3, and we expect there to be a tidal wave of
publicity over it.

Since her very public defection from Scientology (a story broken here
at the Underground Bunker in July 2013), Leah has worked hard to raise
her profile, appearing on ABC's Dancing with the Stars and then in her
own reality series, It's All Relative. Along the way, she's talked
about leaving Scientology, but in largely vague terms.

What she hasn't said, but has held back for her book, are the really
amazing details about her long process of disaffection from Scientology
that we first detailed here at the Bunker. They include a spectacular
scene in 2006 at the wedding of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes in a castle
outside Rome, which included Leah daring to ask why Scientology's
leader, David Miscavige, was there without his wife, Shelly.

Tags: 2006, 2013, APA, Clearwater, David Miscavige, Flag Land Base, Florida,
Hollywood, Katie Holmes, King of Queens, Knowledge Report, Leah Remini, Los
Angeles, New York, Quicky, Random House, Rome, Tom Cruise, Troublemaker:
Surviving Hollywood and Scientology

Leah Remini: Troublemaker
September 24, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/leah-remini-troublemaker/

See Tony Ortega's blog for the story.

Believe me, there are some people who are going to find the title of
this book oh so appropriate.

David Miscavige, Tommy Davis and Tom Cruise, take a bow...

Tags: David Miscavige, Leah Remini, Quicky, Tom Cruise, Tommy Davis, Tony
Ortega

Thursday Funnies
September 24, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-50/

Epic event

What other kind is there? And the easy answer to the question it poses
is: very little, if anything.

Many apply, few are chosen

Tags: 1984, Clear, Criminon, Field Staff Member, Foundation for a Drug-Free
World, Freewinds, Kansas City, Minneapolis, OT IX, Quicky, Rehabilitation
Project Force, Sea Org, Student Hat, Thursday Funnies, Twin Cities,
Westminster, WISE

We're live and on the air today in Minneapolis, and Scientology is the fat
we're chewing
September 24, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/09/24/were-live-and-on-the-air-today-in-minneapolis-and-scientology-is-the-fat-were-chewing/

It's on to the Twin Cities today after a great night in Ohio. We want
to thank Miss Tia for showing us around Cleveland yesterday and then
making sure we got to the venue in time. The Bunker contingent last
night was something else. And how great to meet regulars like Frodis73,
KnitNut, FlyOnTheWall, and Jimmy3.

Today, we're really looking forward to a special treat: We'll be
appearing live, in-studio at the Lori & Julia Show at MyTalk 107.1, a
show we've been on numerous times by telephone before. Lori & Julia are
a lot of fun, and they care about getting things right when it comes to
Scientology. How fun to get to meet them and talk about things in
studio with them!

We hope you can join us at our event at 7 pm. It's in Roseville, at
Grumpy's Bar & Grill, 2801 Snelling Ave, and it's being sponsored by
Minnesota Atheists.

Tags: 1960, 1980, 1992, Apollo, Bill Franks, Chairman of the Board, Chris
Shelton, Cincinnati, Cleveland, David Miscavige, Guardian's Office, Jeannie
Sonenfeld, Jeffrey Augustine, John Woodruff, Los Angeles, Mary Sue Hubbard,
Minneapolis, Minnesota, Ohio, OT III, OT VIII, Paulette Cooper, Quicky,
Rehabilitation Project Force, Robyn Capella, Saint Hill, Sea Org, Snow White
Program, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, Twin Cities, Xenu

Facilities Available
September 24, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/facilities-available/

Here is a new paid press release from scientology in Clearwater.

They are trying to make people think everyone is welcome to come on
down to the Ft Harrison and hold their event under the grandeur of the
Bohemian crystal chandelier.

Anyone, unless it is someone that espouses an idea the church disagrees
with - despite its repeated claims to champion free speech.

Tags: Clearwater, Flag Service Organization, Fort Harrison, OT, Pinellas
County, Quicky

Flirt with Scientology, and its dogged letter writers will hound you forever
September 24, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2016/09/24/flirt-with-scientology-and-its-dogged-letter-writers-will-hound-you-forever/

We don't know if this is a record, but it sure impresses the heck out
of us.

Back in 2011, we wrote a story about someone Scientology had tracked
down after they left the organization 40 years earlier. The man had
moved ten times since then, and across the country, but Scientology
tracked him down and called him on his mobile phone to send him a DVD
and try to get him to come back to the church.

We're sure you've seen plenty of other examples of this that pop up
from time to time on social media. Scientology sends some of the most
ridiculous letters to people who may have simply bought a copy of
Dianetics 15 years earlier.

Tags: 1970, 2011, Comm Course, Dianetics, England, Erika Christensen, Golden
Age of Knowledge, International Association of Scientologists, Karin Pouw,
Landmark Event, Los Angeles, Nick Christensen, Quicky, Saint Hill, Sea Org,
Tom Cruise, Village Voice

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
September 24 in Scientlology web page: