Re: DP go to hell you freak bxxxard

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

Jan 19, 2012, 5:09:55 PM1/19/12
"Kat" <ladyarsai@cömcast.net> wrote in message
news:6f4a3319-4441-4b2d...@w4g2000vbc.goöglegroups.cöm...
What's WRONG with that DP nut case? He must be one of them who
done flew over the cukoo's nest.

What a stupid son of a bitch. And, I thought Snot Boy was bad.
Compared to DP Snot Boy is a regular Michio Kaku.

What would Michio Kaku say about DP??

?Music is the voice of God traveling through ten-dimensional
hyperspace but DP is the sound of God's fart traveling nowhere.?

and

?Some people seek meaning in life through personal gain,
through personal relationship, or through personal experiences.
However, it seems to me that being blessed with the intellect to
divine the ultimate secrets of nature gives meaning enough to life
which means DP has no life.?

My comments reflect Michio's: I have people I care about very
much who suffer from serious mental illness. I don't want to see
anyone suffer from it... even assholes like DP. He needs to get
help.

===================={reply}=============

For once I agree with you, Kat. But you would do well to watch your
language :-)

Here's a good recent article about how many mentally ill people there
are in the USA.

"Government survey finds that 5 percent of Americans suffer from a
'serious mental illness'"

By David Brown
January 19, 12012

ABOUT 20 PERCENT of American adults suffer some sort of mental illness
each year, and about 5 percent experience a serious disorder that
disrupts work, family or social life, according to a government report
released Thursday.

The annual National Survey on Drug Use and Health sketches a now-
familiar picture of a country where mental illness is common and the
demand for treatment high.

Mental illness is most prevalent in women, young adults, the
unemployed and people with low incomes. Drug and alcohol abuse is more
than twice as common in people with mental illness than those without
it. About 4 percent of adults contemplate suicide each year.

According to the study, slightly less than half the people with any
mental illness - and only 60 percent of those with serious, disabling
ones - get treatment each year. Whites and Native Americans are more
likely to get treatment than blacks, Hispanics or Asians.

In all, about 14 percent of American adults receive some sort of
behavioral care each year - and one in five said he or she wanted
more, the survey found. Of the people reporting an "unmet need" for
mental-health care, about 40 percent said they couldn't afford it.

Prescription medicine was the most common treatment, used by 12
percent of adults. Between 2002 and 2010, the percentage of adults
getting outpatient counseling fell slightly (to 7 percent), while the
fraction of adults using a prescription drug went up.

The findings were drawn from interviews with about 68,500 randomly
selected Americans living at homes, dormitories or shelters in 2010.
It did not include people living on the street, active-duty members of
the military, prisoners or hospital patients.

"This is a good picture of what the households in the country really
look like," said Pete Delany, an official of the Substance Abuse and
Mental Health Services Administration, the agency that oversees the
survey.

The survey was face to face, although the interview subjects answered
many of the questions on a computer screen, a technique shown to
increase candor about touchy subjects. The surveyors were not mental
health professionals, although a sample of respondents were
interviewed in greater detail by such people.

The questions were designed to uncover a range of problems, such as
depression, anxiety, psychosis and adjustment disorders. Although drug
and alcohol abuse qualify as mental disorders in psychiatry's
diagnostic manual, they weren't considered as such in this survey.
That will allow researchers to see the extent to which substance abuse
and specific mental illnesses occur simultaneously.

Among the 46 million people age 18 and older who had a mental illness
in 2010, 20 percent also met the criteria for substance abuse. For
people ages 18 to 25, the rate was 32 percent. About 8 percent of
Native Americans had both mental illness and substance abuse - twice
the rate seen in blacks and whites.

"These should be taken as upper limits only," Allen Frances, a retired
professor of psychiatry at Duke University, said of the numbers in the
survey. "I am skeptical that rates this high make sense."

Frances oversaw the revision of the profession's Diagnostic and
Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders from 1987 to 1994. He said
surveys generally lack the ability to judge the severity of symptoms,
which is essential to deciding whether something qualifies as an
illness.

Daniel J. Carlat, a Massachusetts psychiatrist whose 2010 book
"Unhinged: The Trouble With Psychiatry" criticized the profession's
overreliance on prescription drugs, agreed "that there is a kind of
alarmist quality to these reports." The disorders found could include
spider-phobia and staying upset for a long time after arguing with
one's spouse.

"There is a stigma about 'mental illness' that as soon as you hear the
term people assume that it's something quite severe. The nuances of
this type of data tend to be lost on people," he said. He added,
however, that he doesn't doubt that 5 percent of the population has a
serious mental disorder.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/government-survey-finds-that-5-percent-of-americans-suffer-from-a-serious-mental-illness/2012/01/18/gIQAjp5h9P_story.html

--
Sir Gregory

Kat

Jan 19, 2012, 8:33:46 PM1/19/12
On Jan 19, 5:09 pm, " Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." <gregh...@home.fake>
wrote:
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/government-surv...
>
> --
> Sir Gregory

Nice ascii over the o there. My god, this is a new low, even for you.

"<ladyarsai@cömcast.net>"

Plonk!

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

Jan 20, 2012, 9:10:42 AM1/20/12
"Kat" <lady...@comcast.net> wrote in message

<snippage>

// Nice ascii over the o there. My god, this is a new low, even for you.
//
// "<ladyarsai@cömcast.net>"
//
// Plonk!

Uh, just what ARE you going on about now? Do you have a drinking
problem?

--
Sir Gregory

LordXenuCruise

Jan 20, 2012, 7:13:00 PM1/20/12
On Jan 20, 6:10 am, " Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." <gregh...@home.fake>
wrote:
> "Kat" <ladyas...@comcast.net> wrote in message
DP is as crazy as a shit house rat on a 110 degree day. He probably
smells about the same.