Today in Scientology -- March 26th ******************************************************

Scientology Today

Mar 27, 2020, 9:55:50 AM3/27/20
Today March 26th in Scientology history
=======================================

Tribal Leaders Ask Bureau To Audit Chilocco Center
March 26, 1993, AP, Tulsa World
https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/tribal-leaders-ask-bureau-to-audit-chilocco-center/article_6eb95c20-f41b-5d8a-bbee-da99b85634a4.html

Leaders of two Indian tribes, disappointed with the money they are
getting from a drug treatment center, have asked the government to
audit the Narconon Chilocco New Life Center.

When Narconon Chilocco leased the old Chilocco Indian school in 1989,
it said it would pay the five tribes that comprise the Chilocco
Development Authority $16 million over 25 years.

"At the rate we're going, we won't even get a million," said Wanda
Stone, chairwoman of the Kaw Tribe.

Tags: Bureau of Indian Affairs, Chilocco Development Authority, Gary Smith,
Kaw, Narconon, Narconon Chilocco, Otoe-Missouria, Pawnee, Ponca, Robert
Chapman, Tonkawa, Wanda Stone

=======================================

Scientology Church to Face Hill & Knowlton in Court
March 26, 1994, Associated Press
http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1994/Scientology-Church-to-Face-Hill-Knowlton-in-Court/id-4549f32476478e16eedf4dff45f59ea1

WASHINGTON (AP) _ A federal judge says a jury should decide whether
public relations giant Hill & Knowlton Inc. improperly quit
representing the Church of Scientology.

Scientology officials claim the company broke the law when it canceled
its contract with the church in May 1991 because of pressure from Eli
Lilly and Co., manufacturer of the antidepressant drug Prozac.

U.S. District Judge Stanley Sporkin rejected Hill & Knowlton's request
to dismiss the case, saying a jury should decide whether the company
acted improperly.

Tags: 1987, 1989, 1991, Congress, Cult, Eli Lilly, Hill & Knowlton, Judge
Stanley Sporkin, Prozac, Psychiatric treatment, Time magazine, Washington

=======================================

Scientology to Face Hill & Knowlton in Court
March 26, 1994, Associated Press
http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1994/Scientology-to-Face-Hill-Knowlton-in-Court/id-42c333ad4166da6c3f4fce43a65ff7dc

WASHINGTON (AP) _ The Church of Scientology has convinced a federal
judge to allow its multimillion-dollar breach-of-contract suit against
public relations giant Hill & Knowlton Inc. and others to go to trial
here this summer.

U.S. District Judge Stanley Sporkin rejected Hill & Knowlton's request
to dismiss the case, saying a jury should decide whether the company
acted improperly.

Scientology officials claim the company broke the law when it canceled
its contract with the church in May 1991 because of pressure from Eli
Lilly and Co., manufacturer of the antidepressant drug Prozac.

Tags: 1987, 1989, 1991, Congress, Cult, Eli Lilly, Hill & Knowlton, Judge
Stanley Sporkin, Prozac, Psychiatric treatment, Quicky, Time magazine,
Washington

=======================================

Records outline Scientology case
March 26, 2000, Thomas C. Tobin, St. Petersburg Times
http://www.sptimes.com/News/032600/TampaBay/Records_outline_Scien.shtml

In making its case to Wood, Scientology hammered on several points:

The public perception that McPherson was emaciated and lost as much as
40 pounds while in the care of Scientology staffers in Clearwater is
unsupported and incorrect. According to church experts and a Morton
Plant Hospital doctor who saw McPherson just before she entered
Scientology's Fort Harrison Hotel, McPherson already was thin with
protruding cheek bones. Also, Robert D. Davis, the pathologist who
conducted the autopsy for Wood's office, concluded McPherson's body was
of "average nutritional status."

Tags: 1982, 1990, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, Clearwater, Doug Crow, Fort
Harrison, IRS, Joan Wood, Judge Susan Schaeffer, Lisa McPherson, Marty
Rathbun, Morton Plant Hospital, Robert Davis, Scientology staff

=======================================

Hey Chef, these guys are killing free speech
March 26, 2006, Andrew Sullivan, The Sunday Times
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/andrew_sullivan/article696205.ece

We have a new cartoon-blasphemy scandal. No, it's not Islamists burning
down Kentucky Fried Chicken stores in Pakistan because a few Danish
cartoonists had the gall to draw the prophet Muhammad. Now it's
Scientology versus the popular and hilarious cartoon television
programme South Park. And the Scientologists, like the Islamists before
them, are winning.

Tags: Isaac Hayes, South Park

=======================================

Anti-Hitler hero's family anti-Cruise
March 26, 2007, UPI
https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2007/03/26/Anti-Hitler-heros-family-anti-Cruise/80001174950087/

BERLIN, March 26 (UPI) -- Tom Cruise's adherence to Scientology is
causing angst among members of the family of a German World War II hero
whom Cruise may portray in an upcoming movie.

Last week, it was reported that Cruise was set to play Col. Claus
Schenk von Stauffenberg, who took part in a failed plot to assassinate
Nazi Fuhrer Adolf Hitler, in a United Artists project. But von
Stauffenberg's family, which is Catholic, is concerned that Cruise
could somehow use the film to promote Scientology, The (Edinburgh)
Scotsman newspaper reported Monday.

"I have nothing against (Cruise) and can even separate his work from
his beliefs in Scientology," said Count Caspar Schenk von Stauffenberg,
the colonel's grandson. "But I and other family members are worried
that the picture will be financed by the sect and be used to get across
its propaganda."

Tags: 1944, Adolf Hitler, Catholic, Edinburgh, Quicky, The Scotsman, Tom
Cruise, United Artists

=======================================

All Faiths Unite against Scientology (Timeless Version)
March 26, 2008, DatsumJB, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqWRPOD-amU

Due to its abuses, anonymous members of the public are holding monthly
world-wide protests against the criminal cult known as Scientology.
Members of all faiths are not only welcomed but encouraged to join and
unite against those who have abused the concept of faith to an illegal
and inhumane end.

APRIL 12 2008

http://www.GoAnonymous.org

Tags: Anonymous, Quicky

=======================================

Black People and one cult crazy Racist Person L Ron Hubbard Scientology Part
2 of 3
March 26, 2009, xenumaster, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFU3qo0TDvU

Scientology is a Evil Cult

Tags: Cult, L. Ron Hubbard, Quicky

=======================================

Black People and one cult crazy Racist Person L Ron Hubbard Scientology Part
3 of 3
March 26, 2009, xenumaster, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mixqMRdf9zg

Scientology is a Evil Cult

Tags: Cult, L. Ron Hubbard, Quicky

=======================================

John Coale Scientology Memo
March 26, 2009, John Cook, Gawker
https://gawker.com/5185546/john-coale-scientology-memo

Political Action Committee - PAC

A Briefing

How Scientologists can take responsibility for and BE AT CAUSE OVER the
Fourth Dynamic

Tags: Church of Scientology International, FLAGG PAC, John Coale, Politics

=======================================

Sarah Palin Adviser's Secret Scientology Plot to Take Over Washington
March 26, 2009, John Cook, Gawker
https://gawker.com/5185380/sarah-palin-advisers-secret-scientology-plot-to-take-over-washington

John Coale, currently advising Sarah Palin on running for president in
2012, is a Scientologist. And according to a memo obtained by Gawker,
Coale once plotted to use friendly politicians to advance the
power-hungry cult's agenda.

Coale is a prominent Washington power broker and husband to Fox News'
Greta Van Susteren. According to the Washington Post, he is running
Palin's political action committee behind the scenes and "guiding [her]
political image in Washington."

In 1986, he masterminded a plan-which was never executed-for
Scientology to get into the "MONEY and VOTES game" in order to "create
power" for Scientology and win influence Washington, D.C.

Tags: FLAGG PAC, Greta Van Susteren, John Coale, Office of Special Affairs,
Sarah Palin

=======================================

Jason Beghe Tells Me to Shut the Hell Up About Anderson Cooper's Scientology
Special
March 26, 2010, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2010/03/jason_beghe_tel.php

He understands the point I made yesterday -- that it irks me when
Anderson Cooper announces that he's holding one hand behind his back as
he goes into a boxing match with Scientology. Cooper said that while
his special series looks at allegations of violence by Scientology's
supreme leader, David Miscavige, he wouldn't be looking at the beliefs
of Scientologists themselves.

I called that a big, fat mistake, and in the comments to the post, I
added that it would be like doing a story revealing that John Gotti
beat up his lieutenants, without mentioning that they were part of
something called a mafia that extorted people.

Tags: Anderson Cooper, CNN, David Miscavige, Jason Beghe, Marty Rathbun

=======================================

More public servants could join detox regimen
March 26, 2010, Nate Carlisle, Salt Lake Tribune
https://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_14767786

At least $390,000 in state money has been spent on the detoxification
program since 2007, though no money was appropriated in the state
legislative session that ended this month. The recent earmark was
requested by Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff, who has been the
most vocal public official supporting the project. The earmark was
sponsored by Rep. Rob Bishop and both Utah senators.

Shurtleff earlier this month said he plans to try to raise more money
-- both public and private -- to expand the program. That irks some
toxicologists who argue the treatment does not do what it claims:
remove toxins from the body.

"If taxpayers' money were used for this, then this is even more
preposterous than the bridge to nowhere," said Utah State University
toxicology professor Roger Coulombe, referring to a partially-built
Alaskan bridge.

Tags: American Legion, Darin Farr, Federal Law Enforcement Officers
Association, Heroes Health Fund, Jack Tidrow, Mark Shurtleff, Raymond
Harbison, Rob Bishop, Roger Coulombe, Sandra Lucas, Utah, Utah Meth Cops
Project, Veterans of Foreign Wars

=======================================

Stop Following Their Rules!
March 26, 2010, Jefferson Hawkins, Leaving Scientology
https://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2010/03/26/stop-following-their-rules/

That's one of the most basic pieces of advice that I give to people who
are leaving the Church of Scientology, and it is one, frankly, that a
lot of former members have difficulty thinking with. I had difficulty
thinking with it when I first left.

The simplicity is this: If you have decided to leave the Church of
Scientology, then you are no longer bound by the rules of the Church of
Scientology. You do not have to follow their rules. You do not have to
do anything they tell you that you "must" do.

A friend of mine, as he was leaving the Sea Org, was told by an
executive, "You are being declared Suppressive. And you cannot live in
Los Angeles, you'll have to locate somewhere else." The Church didn't
want this person "infecting" the LA field. My friend informed the
executive, "Dude, when you declare me Suppressive, you've just lost all
your leverage. I'm no longer a member of your Church and you can't
dictate where I live. I'll live wherever I want to."

Tags: Disconnection, Freeloader Debt, Los Angeles, OT, Quicky, Sea Org,
Suppressive Person

=======================================

A Poll
March 26, 2011, Jefferson Hawkins, Leaving Scientology
https://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2011/03/26/a-poll/

OK, let's see how this goes.

A few notes:

1. This is not scientific in any way ? it is an informal poll of people
who read this blog. There is no attempt to screen participants or
collect any information about respondents or cross-tabulate answers.

Tags: Quicky

=======================================

Ingrid Smith Creates an Oasis in LA
March 26, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/03/26/ingrid-smith-creates-an-oasis-in-la/

When I was a kid there was a lot of talk of Russia bombing us. One day
at my school we were marched into the auditorium to watch a movie about
that very threat. It ended with a nuclear explosion going off and the
people in the vicinity quickly disintegrating to skeletal form and then
nothing. That was pretty scary.

The scariest movie that I saw as a kid though was "The Invasion of the
Body Snatchers". This was about people in a small town whose bodies are
taken over by cold emotionless aliens. The theta in the town was
disappearing-no more friendly grocer, the chatty neighbor or the caring
teacher. I found that terrifying. They looked the same on the outside,
but inside they were somebody else and somebody you didn't want to meet.

Even at an early age I found the destruction of the spirit more
horrible than the body. I understood why when I got into Scientology.
Thetans have been on a long dwindling spiral from suppression and
implants. It is what is done to the Thetan, not the body that destroys
him the most.

Tags: David Miscavige, DC, Disconnection, Ingrid Smith, Quicky, Russia,
Suppressive Person

=======================================

Mayor receives Humanitarian award
March 26, 2011, McAlester News-Capital
http://mcalesternews.com/archive/x106229021

Mayor Kevin Priddle was the recipient of an inaugural Humanitarian of
the Year award given by Narconon, a drug rehab center, in observance of
his continued help and support for drug-free lives in his community.

Tags: Humanitarian of the Year, Kevin Priddle, McAlester, Narconon, Narconon
Arrowhead, Oklahoma

=======================================

Anybody Have a Viewpoint on Scientology Front Groups?
March 26, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/anybody-have-a-viewpoint-on-scientology-front-groups/

Ref: Conscience - Scientology and Human Rights

Lisa Hamilton does, and allowed me to share our email conversation on
the matter:

1:

Tags: David Miscavige, Ethics, Human trafficking, Independent Scientology,
International Association of Scientologists, Lisa Hamilton, Mary
Shuttleworth, Quicky, Sea Org, Suppressive Person, Tony Ortega, Truth Rundown

=======================================

Conscience - Scientology and Human Rights
March 26, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/conscience-scientology-and-human-rights/

Re: Last night's post, Scientology and Human Rights.

Tony Ortega at the Village Voice has posted a follow up article to one
we linked to a few weeks ago about the Corporate Scientology sponsored
Writers of The Future contest.

The new story is about a contest winner named Carl Frederick. Frederick
has decided to cut ties with the contest. Tony's reporting created the
effect I was suggesting be created on the "church's" Human Rights
propaganda campaign front. The article gives an inside look at what
goes through the mind of someone supporting a corporate Scientology
public relations program when he is informed about the criminal
activities such a program seeks to create a cover for.

Tags: Author Services Inc, Barbara Ruiz, Carl Frederick, David Miscavige,
Quicky, Tony Ortega, Village Voice

=======================================

Scientology and Human Rights
March 26, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/scientology-and-human-rights/

David Miscavige has Corporate Scientology buying and defrauding
politicians right, left and center in a systematic scheme to cover up
his human trafficking operation with Human Rights. Check out Senator
Harry Reid's latest endorsement.

Here is another Opinion Leader in the field unwittingly pimping for the
biggest, most blatant human rights abuser in recent American history:

Mountain View Human Rights event.

Tags: Axioms, David Miscavige, Debbie Cook, Dianetics, Harry Reid, Human
trafficking, Independent Scientologists, Mountain View, Quicky, The Truth
Rundown

=======================================

Scientology's 'Writers of the Future' Contest Loses a Participant After Our
Expose
March 26, 2012, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
https://www.villagevoice.com/2012/03/26/scientologys-writers-of-the-future-contest-loses-a-participant-after-our-expose/

This year, Frederick was invited back as a past winner to help put on
the week-long workshops that a new set of winners will enjoy during
their week of pampering this April.

But then, Frederick read our March 12 story about the troubling
connections between Scientology's alleged abuses and an administrator
of the contest, which the church owns. He announced in our comments
section some stunning news: "After reading Tony's article and the
comments, I decided to sever my Writers of the Future ties and forgo
the free trip/vacation in L.A."

Last night, I called Frederick to ask him about his decision.

Tags: 1995, 2000, 2002, 2003, Algis Budrys, Author Services Inc, Barbara
Ruiz, California, Carl Frederick, David Miscavige, Frank Wu, Jerry Pournelle,
Karin Pouw, Kevin Anderson, Los Angeles, NASA, New York, Orson Scott Card,
Paul Batteiger, The Hole, Tim Powers, Tulsa, Writers of the Future

=======================================

New Churches of Scientology -- Where Are They?
March 26, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/new-churches-of-scientology-where-are-they/

Detroit Ideal Org March 2013.

The Big Lie:

David Miscavige repeats it over and over at events and in Corporate
Scientology publications

Tags: 1993, 2012, Albuquerque, Arizona, Auckland, Australia, Author Services
Inc, Basel, Battle Creek, Birmingham, Birthday Game, Bogot?, Boston,
Budapest, Bulawayo, California, Cape Town, Caracas, Chicago, Colorado,
Columbus, Command Intention, Copenhagen, David Miscavige, Denver, Detroit,
Durban, FBI, Fraud, Harare, Harlem, Ideal Org, International Association of
Scientologists, Jefferson Hawkins, Kansas City, Kaohsiung, Manchester, New
Haven, Orange County, OT, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Planetary Clearing,
Plymouth, Port Elizabeth, Portland, Quicky, Russia, San Diego, San Fernando
Valley, San Jose, Santa Ana, Scam, St. Louis, Stevens Creek, Sunderland,
Sydney, Taiwan, Tampa Bay Times, The Hole, Toronto, UK

=======================================

Scientology's Version of Family Values: The Group is Everything
March 26, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2013/03/26/scientologys-version-of-family-values-the-group-is-everything/

Claire Headley is taking us on our journey to train as Scientologists.
In 2005, Claire and her husband Marc escaped from Scientology's
International Base after many years as "Sea Org" workers. She spent
years working with Scientology's "tech," and was trusted to oversee the
auditing of Tom Cruise. Go here to see the first part in this series.

Claire, you've taken us through Scientology's staring contests and the
beginning of its snitch culture - when you were asked to turn in, at
only 10 years of age, people who might be disloyal to the church. So
what's next?

CLAIRE: Next for me was the Personal Values & Integrity course, which
included "overts and withholds" and The Way to Happiness.

Tags: 1970, 1980, 1996, 2005, 2009, 2010, Athena, Battlefield Earth, Blown
for Good, Buddhism, Canada, Claire Headley, David Miscavige, E-meter, Europe,
Gerry Armstrong, GoFundMe, Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the
Prison of Belief, Golden Age of Tech, Int Base, Jenna Miscavige Hill, John
Travolta, Karen Black, Kate Bornstein, Katie Holmes, Keep Scientology
Working, Lawrence Wright, Luis Garcia, Marty Rathbun, Nashville, PC folders,
Penelope Cruz, Potential Trouble Source, Quicky, Russell Miller, Science of
Survival, Scientology lawyer, Sea Org, SMERSH, Suppressive Person, The Way to
Happiness, Tom Cruise, Tommy Davis, Tone Scale, Writers of the Future

=======================================

Jillian Schlesinger: How I got into Scientology, and how I got out
March 26, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2014/03/26/jillian-schlesinger-how-i-got-into-scientology-and-how-i-got-out/

By Tony Ortega

This is happening in Los Angeles, on Fountain Avenue, in an old
hospital building painted blue and topped with huge, lit-up letters
that read SCIENTOLOGY.

And this is only weeks ago. In 2014. In the center of one of the
largest cities in a country that likes to think of itself as one of the
freest on earth.

Tags: 2003, 2012, Advanced Org, AOLA, Big Blue, Bridge Publications,
California, Clearwater, Commodore's Messenger Organization, David Miscavige,
Flag Land Base, Florida, Golden Age of Tech, Hemet, Hollywood, Hollywood
Guaranty Building, Ideal Org, Int Base, IRS, Jenna Miscavige Hill, Jillian
Schlesinger, Karen de la Carriere, L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition, Los
Angeles, Office of Special Affairs, Orange County, PAC Base, Quicky, San
Diego, Santa Ana, Sea Org, Tom Cruise

=======================================

The Crazy Stakes
March 26, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/crazy-stakes/

A little light hearted entertainment in the deadly serious business of
making money in scientology.

You may recall some of the earlier entrants in the Scientology Crazy
Stakes - we have seen some wonderful pieces from David Wilson (who
specialized in historical fact vs. fiction parallels) and Mike Smith
(who specialized in getting his dates and facts so screwed up nobody
had a clue what he was talking about). These two have gone strangely
silent, opening the door for some new contenders to step into cage.
Today we have a challenger we have not heard from before and something
from one of our tried and true favorites.

Where do they find these crazy people? And what does it say about the
state of the organization when crazy people are the top FSMs?

Tags: 2000, Birthday Event, Birthday Game, David Wilson, Dianetics, Field
Staff Member, Golden Age of Knowledge, L. Ron Hubbard, Learning How to Learn,
Los Angeles, Mike Smith, OT, OT VIII, Quicky, Rocket ride, Sea Org, Shrine
Auditorium, Student Hat, Super Power, Survival Rundown, Truth Revealed

=======================================

There Are Important Things To Read
March 26, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/important-things-read/

My posting this morning is really a lighthearted piece of fluff that
has little bearing on anything important.

However, there are two other stories that anyone interested in this
blog should read. They are actually important.

First, go to Tony Ortega's blog and read his very well put together
piece about Jillian Schlesinger. A remarkable young woman who walked
out of the Sea Org at the HGB only weeks ago. And watch the interviews
Karen #1 has done with her and posted on her YouTube channel. (Note,
there is a second interview video after this one).

Tags: Hollywood Guaranty Building, Jillian Schlesinger, Quicky, Sea Org,
South Africa, Tony Ortega, YouTube

=======================================

'Going Clear': Sara Goldberg on how Scientology turned her own daughter
against her
March 26, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2015/03/26/thursday/

Just three days to go until HBO airs Alex Gibney's documentary, Going
Clear, and we have another screenshot from the film, this time
featuring Sara Goldberg, who really adds an emotional wallop to the
movie.

The great Joe Childs at the Tampa Bay Times told Sara's story last year
and how she faced a dilemma forced on her by Church of Scientology
officials. Because of Scientology's toxic "disconnection" policy, the
church forced Sara to make a terrible choice.

There's a big backstory to that choice. We'll try to sum it up quickly.
Sara and her husband, Sheldon Goldberg, were loyal OT 8's, having
achieved the highest level of spiritual advancement in Scientology.
Sara's son, Nick Lister, had grown up in Scientology. But he was also
friends with a man, Matt Argall, who had befriended and did some
business with Mike Rinder, a former Scientology spokesman. In 2009,
Rinder cooperated with the St. Petersburg Times in its blockbuster
series, "The Truth Rundown." In the eyes of Scientology leader David
Miscavige, that made Rinder one of the biggest enemies of the church, a
"suppressive person" or "SP." Argall, however, hired Rinder to do some
work for him, and also hired Nick Lister. Through that job, Lister got
to know Rinder.

Tags: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, Alex Gibney, Amanda Mason, Ashley
Epstein, Atlanta, Basics, Belleair, Bryan Seymour, Cara Golashesky,
Clearwater, Committee of Evidence, David Miscavige, Denver, Disconnection,
Ethics, Facebook, Fair Game, Flag Land Base, Florida, Freedom magazine,
Freewinds, Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief,
HBO, International Justice Chief, Jennifer Johnson-Lankheim, Joe Childs, John
Sugg, Joy Villa, L. Ron Hubbard, Lawrence Wright, Los Angeles, Manhattan,
Marty Rathbun, Matt Argall, Mike Ellis, Mike Rinder, Miss New York, Mission,
Nancy Cartwright, New York, New Yorker, Nick Lister, OT 8, Paul Haggis, Posse
of Lunatics, Purification Rundown, Quicky, Sara Goldberg, Seattle, Sheldon
Goldberg, Sophie Gilbert, St. Petersburg Times, Suppressive Person, Tampa,
Tampa Bay Times, The Truth Rundown, Tommy Davis, Tone Scale, Twitter

=======================================

HBO's 'Going Clear' Demonstrates How Scientology Is Suffering in the Digital
Age
March 26, 2015, Sophie Gilbert, The Atlantic
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/03/its-not-easy-being-scientology/388634/

Scientology, the movement established by L. Ron Hubbard in the '50s,
has long been known for its efforts to manipulate information about it
in the public sphere. The group carefully crafts its image through
widespread publicity campaigns (including a native advertisement
published on this site in 2013) while suing and attacking those who
portray it unfavorably. Over the past 25 years, the Church has filed
lawsuits against high-profile publications such as Time and The
Washington Post, as well as ex-employees who criticize the Church
publicly. Hubbard himself encouraged aggressive legal action toward
people who revealed secret information about the Church. According to a
1997 New York Times article, Hubbard once told his followers, "The
purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than win ? If
possible, of course, ruin [the opponent] utterly."

But the Church is losing control of its public image-in large part
because the flow of information in the digital age is irrepressible.
"It's the Internet that has changed everything," says Tony Ortega, the
former editor of The Village Voice and founder of a website, The
Underground Bunker, that's dedicated to criticizing Scientology.

Tags: 1993, 1997, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2013, Alex Gibney, BBC, Census,
Chairman of the Board, David Miscavige, England, Freedom magazine, Gateshead,
Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, HBO, IRS, Janet Reitman,
Jedi, Karin Pouw, L. Ron Hubbard, Lawrence Wright, Marty Rathbun, Mike
Rinder, Monique Rathbun, Nazanin Boniadi, New York Times, New Yorker, Nicole
Kidman, Paul Haggis, Real estate, Religious Technology Center, Rolling Stone,
St. Petersburg Times, Time Warner, Tom Cruise, Tommy Davis, Tony Ortega, UK,
Underground Bunker, USA Today, Wales, Washington Post, Windmill Hills

=======================================

Thursday Funnies
March 26, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-26/

Hahaha

No corroborating evidence? Except what scientology churns out every day
to try and discredit the movie....

Terrific promotion for the film though.

Tags: 2010, ASHO, David Miscavige, Field Staff Member, Fundraising, Going
Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief, Harry Potter, Ideal
Org, International Association of Scientologists, NPR, Orlando, OT, OT
Committee, OTC, Pasadena, Puerto Rico, Quicky, Regraded Being, Sacramento, St.
Louis, Student Hat, Thursday Funnies

=======================================

Church of Scientology donations up 76% in Ireland
March 26, 2016, Charlie Taylor, Irish Times
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/church-of-scientology-donations-up-76-in-ireland-1.2587286

Donations to the Church of Scientology in Ireland increased by 76 per
cent last year, newly-filed accounts show.

The Church of Scientology Mission of Dublin Limited reported donations
for the 12 months to the end of April 2015 of ?86,716, compared with
?49,138 a year earlier.

The organisation, which lists its principal activities as "the
operation of a church and the provision of religious services",
recorded a full-year deficit after providing for depreciation of ?19.
This compared with a deficit of ?35,594 in 2014.

Tags: Dublin, Gerard Ryan, Ireland, Siobh?n Ryan

=======================================

Concerns over Scientology company
March 26, 2016, Gordon Deegan, Irish Examiner
https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/concerns-over-scientology-company-389545.html

Dublin-based Kilcoyne & Co Accountants have raised concerns in relation
to the Church of Scientology Mission of Dublin Ltd in spite of the
company increasing its revenues sharply last year to ?86,716.

The global church counts movie stars Tom Cruise and John Travolta as
some of its best-known members. The Irish church was previously bailed
out to the tune of ?326,875 when a loan provided to the Church of
Scientology here was forgiven by Churches of Scientology overseas.

The loan that gave rise to the deficit at the Irish church is
understood to relate a long-running High Court action from 2003 taken
against the church by former member, Mary Johnston. The case was
settled out of court on undisclosed terms after 31 days of evidence.

Tags: 2003, Dublin, Gerard Ryan, Ireland, Mary Johnston, Siobh?n Ryan

=======================================

Talking Scientology with actor and podcaster Ethan McKinley
March 26, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2016/03/26/talking-scientology-with-actor-and-podcaster-ethan-mckinley/

For those of you who didn't see it posted in the comments last night by
a vigilant reader, we're going to put up the interview we did yesterday
with Ethan McKinley.

Ethan's an actor in London who told us that he hit upon the idea of
making videos and podcasts as a way to meet and talk to interesting
people while he's working on getting new roles. What a smart lad he is.
He's talked to some really fascinating people, and he was very
enthusiastic and knowledgeable about Scientology.

This was a nice warmup for us. Tonight we'll be doing a two hour show
with Ed Opperman for his Opperman Report. Ed's a private investigator,
so we'll be interested to see what he thinks about Scientology's
hijinks with private eyes.

Tags: 2014, 2015, California, David Miscavige, Dublin, Ed Opperman, Ethan
McKinley, Golden Age of Tech, Indiana, Indianapolis, Ireland, Irish Times,
Jonathan Little, Karla Taylor, London, NAFC v. Scientology, Narconon,
Narconon Arrowhead, National Association of Forensic Counselors, Oklahoma,
Pete Griffiths, Private investigator, Quicky

=======================================

The Never Ending Story
March 26, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-never-ending-story/

This just made me laugh.

Tags: Quicky, Tampa

=======================================

ASL Talks Clearwater Redevelopment
March 26, 2017, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/asl-talks-clearwater-redevelopment/

My good friend Aaron Smith-Levin presents a well-reasoned explanation
of what is going on in Clearwater based on his considerable experience
and knowledge. While specific to the situation in Clearwater he offers
some interesting insight into the "think" that drives scientology
through the actions and directives of David Miscavige.

I have not had time to comment very extensively on this subject of late.
I had started but have not completed my own blog post focused on the
consummate salesmanship skills of Miscavige - selling what is good for
Miscavige to many smarter, more savvy people than the marks who run the
City of Clearwater (e.g. the Federal Govt, Interpol, numerous
successful and wealthy businessmen). The City of Clearwater officials
are like a junior high team playing against the pros.

I may never get to completing that, so in the interim check out Aaron's
take:

Tags: Aaron Smith-Levin, City of Clearwater, Clearwater, David Miscavige,
Interpol, Quicky

=======================================

Critical Q&A #101
March 26, 2017, Chris Shelton, Critical Thinker at Large
https://mncriticalthinking.com/2017/03/26/critical-qa-101/

The weekly show where I answer viewer questions left in the comments
section of my Q&A shows or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.
com. This week, the questions I answer are:

(1) I recently relocated to Florida for work and I have 3 store
locations that I manage in Clearwater. One is literally a block from
Flag. My question is this: I have had a few Scientologists apply for
positions within my company and I can tell because they have work
history on their resume stating they were tour guides or what not.
While I would never discriminate against anyone for their religious
beliefs, I do worry more about what another employee may say to that
person about their beliefs. With the Church's Fair game policy, I'm
worried about a Scientology employee getting upset because a coworker
is committing suppressive acts and end up with a boycott outside of my
store. Is this something I should worry about or is this irrational
fear?

(2) Do members of the Sea Org have ranks like sailors in real navies
do? Do the ranks correspond to those in the US Navy? What was your
rank? Do those with lower ranks feel bitter about it?

Tags: Anonymous, Clearwater, Critic, David Miscavige, Fearless Leader,
Florida, L. Ron Hubbard, Quicky, Scientology staff, Sea Org, Suppressive
Person, US Navy

=======================================

Scientology's gateway drug: The personality test and what it's actually
telling you
March 26, 2017, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2017/03/26/scientolgoys-gateway-drug-the-personality-test-and-what-its-actually-telling-you/

Recent articles in the New Statesman the Missouri Injury Blog, and The
Tab join the dozens of articles over the years that describe the
experience of completing Scientology's free personality test, the
Oxford Capacity Analysis. None yet discuss the "correct" answers,
although they have been available on the Internet for years.

The test consists of 200 questions, the answer to each being yes, no,
or maybe. Each answer is awarded from 1 to 7 points which are assigned
to one of 10 categories: Stability, Happiness, Composure, Certainty,
Active, Aggression, Responsibility, Correct estimation, Appreciation or
Communication level. The answer "maybe" never has more points assigned
than either "yes" or "no," so each question has a "correct" answer that
will lead to a higher score.

The test is available in person or online, although the results are
only available in person at a Scientology org or mission. The Oxford
Capacity Analysis, or OCA, is unrelated to Oxford University. It was
copied and modified by L. Ron Hubbard in the 1950s from the Johnson
Temperament Analysis (JTA), a test developed in 1941 by eugenics
professor Dr. Roswell H. Johnson.

Tags: 1941, 1950, 2005, 2010, Auditing, Bridge to Total Freedom, CNN,
Communication Course, Counterfeit Dreams, Disconnection, Ethics, Gordon
Melton, Jefferson Hawkins, L. Ron Hubbard, Missouri, Narconon, New Statesman,
OCA, Ontario, Oxford Capacity Analysis, Oxford University, Performia
International, Personality test, Reza Aslan, Rod Keller, Santa Barbara,
Stephen Kent, Suppressive Person, WISE, World Institute of Scientology
Enterprises

=======================================

Anti-Islam Provocateur Who Ripped Up Quran at Mosque Investigated By Police
March 26, 2018, Mack Lamoureux, Vice News
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/zmgn99/anti-islam-provocateur-who-ripped-up-quran-at-mosque-investigated-by-police

Police are investigating after a video showing a woman ripping up pages
of a Quran and placing them on the windshield of cars outside of a
Mississauga mosque was posted to Facebook last week. The video also
shows the woman telling the attendees of the mosque that they worship
Satan.

The woman in the 10-minute long video-which was filmed around 5 PM
Thursday evening-identifies herself as Sandra Solomon and is one of
Canada's most prolific anti-Islam activists. This is but the latest
stunt for Solomon who works with the well-known anti-Islamic and
pro-Israel Facebook page Never Again Canada. The video has since
deleted the video but several media outlets were able to attain the
footage.

The video begins with her standing in front of Dar Al-Tawheed Islamic
Centre where she says that she is going to educate Canada on the evils
of Islam and rails against Imams. Solomon rips up the Quran which she
describes as a "Satanic, evil book" before placing the torn places
(alongside one of her own flyers) on the windshield of the worshippers.

Tags: Alt-Right, Canada, Christian, Facebook, Islamophobia, Israel, Jewish, M-
103, Mississauga, Muslim, Never Again Canada, Police, Quicky, Rebel Media,
Sandra Solomon, Sikh, Twitter, YouTube

=======================================

Leah Remini is still being stalked, and now Scientology has turned to an ex-
NYPD detective
March 26, 2018, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2018/03/26/leah-remini-is-still-being-stalked-and-now-scientology-has-turned-to-an-ex-nypd-detective/

In December, a retired NYPD detective was sitting in a silver minivan
with Texas plates when our source, who we're not going to name, got
into a conversation with him.

The detective was parked outside a movie set in Brooklyn, working as a
private investigator, and our source asked him what his assignment was.

Following Leah Remini, he said. He told our source that he was working
for the Church of Scientology, and his assignment was to watch Remini
for twelve hours a day, Monday to Friday, for two weeks.

Tags: 1975, 1980, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, Angelo Pagan,
Blackmail, Brooklyn, Danny Masterson, Daril Cinquanta, David Miscavige,
Denver, Disconnection, Fair Game, Freedom magazine, Hollywood, HowdyCon,
Jennifer Lopez, John Travolta, Karin Pouw, Keep Scientology Working, Kendrick
Moxon, King of Queens, Lawrence Wright, Leah Remini, Manhattan, Marty
Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Monique Yingling, New York, NYPD, Paul Haggis, Private
investigator, Quicky, Ron Miscavige Sr, Scientology and the Aftermath,
SMERSH, Taryn Rinder, Texas, Trish Duggan, Wisconsin

=======================================

NXIVM leader Keith Raniere charged with sex trafficking
March 26, 2018, Brendan J. Lyons, Albany Times Union
https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/NXIVM-co-founder-Keith-Raniere-charged-in-federal-12782354.php

Keith Raniere, the co-founder of the NXIVM corporation, a secretive
Colonie-based organization that an expert has called an "extreme cult,"
was arrested in Mexico this week by the FBI based on a federal criminal
complaint filed in the Eastern District of New York.

The complaint, filed recently in connection with an ongoing federal
grand jury investigation being headed by the U.S. attorney's office in
Brooklyn, charges Raniere with multiple counts of sex trafficking and
forced labor.

The federal complaint alleges that Raniere, known as "The Vanguard,"
took part in forming a secretive group within NXIVM in which women said
they were coerced into joining a slave-master club and later branded
with a design that included the initials of Raniere and Allison Mack,
an actress and NXIVM associate who is identified in the complaint as an
unnamed co-conspirator.

Tags: Albany, Allison Mack, American Express, Brooklyn, Clare Bronfman, Eric
Schneiderman, Ethical Science Foundation, FBI, Fiji, Fort Worth, Frank
Parlato, Human trafficking, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Internal
Revenue Service, Keith Raniere, Mexico, New York, New York State Police,
NXIVM, Puerto Vallarta, Pyramid scheme, Quicky, Texas, US Department of
Justice, Vancouver

=======================================

The Boasts of Scientology
March 26, 2018, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-boasts-of-scientology/

I happened to pick up a copy of the new edition of Freedom magazine in
downtown Clearwater (there are a number of stores that have an
over-abundance of scientology promotional items on display - not sure
if they are hoping to curry favor with the few scientologists that
might stop in or if they are intimidated into thinking they will be put
on a "blacklist" if they don't accept them).

This "special edition" is not the usual "Posse of Lunatics" or Anderson
Cooper is a poopy-head or Lawrence Wright's mother wears army boots.
This one crows about the accomplishments of scientology and especially
of its most esteemed and fearless leader, Mr. David Miscavige.

I'm going to pluck just a few of the pages of this 180 page lie-fest
and note some of the most egregious falsehoods.

Tags: 9/11, Anderson Cooper, Clearwater, David Miscavige, Dianetics, Freedom
magazine, Houston, Lawrence Wright, Posse of Lunatics, Puerto Rico, Quicky,
Red Cross, Volunteer Ministers

=======================================

A great day for investigative journalism as Italian court rejects Church of
Scientology case
March 26, 2019, Jane Whyatt, European Centre for Press and Media Freedom
https://www.ecpmf.eu/news/legal/a-great-day-for-investigative-journalism-as-italian-court-rejects-church-of-scientology-case

A court in Milan has ruled that two undercover reporters supported by
the European Centre for Press and Media Freedom did not break the law
when they infiltrated the Church of Scientology in Italy for the
purpose of making a television documentary.

The presiding judge dismissed the civil suit brought by the Church of
Scientology against the reporters and ordered that the church pay legal
and court fees to them.

Giuseppe Borello and Andrea Sceresini are independent journalists
working in Italy. In 2017, they produced an investigative TV report on
the activities of Scientology in Italy, also using undercover
techniques. The Church of Scientology in Italy has filed a lawsuit
against the journalists claiming: housebreaking, unauthorised
recording, violation of non-disclosure agreement) and violation of
privacy.

Tags: Andrea Sceresini, Andrew Morton, Giuseppe Borello, Italy, Milano,
Richard Ingrams

=======================================

Chelsea Handler Coming to Scientology HQ
March 26, 2019, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/chelsea-handler-coming-to-scientology-hq/

Chelsea Handler is coming to Clearwater as part of her comedy/book tour.

I do not believe it is accidental that Clearwater is included among the
list of cities she is visiting - NY, LA, Houston, Miami, DC, Boston,
Chicago, SFO, Seattle etc. All MAJOR markets and a couple of college
towns (Madison WI, Durham NC) and then little old Clearwater...

What could possibly be the reason?

Tags: Aaron Smith-Levin, Birthday Event, Boston, Chelsea Handler, Chicago,
Clearwater, Dan Sherman, David Miscavige, DC, Facebook, Houston, Miami,
Quicky, Ruth Eckerd Hall, Scientology and the Aftermath, Seattle, Tampa, Tom
Cruise, Twitter

=======================================

I Visit Clearwater to Investigate Scientology's Headquarters
March 26, 2019, Mangotology, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMLikMNlBrQ

I went to Clearwater, Florida to go undercover and investigate the
state of Scientology. As an ex-Scientologist, I wanted to see what's
really going on inside Scientology's mecca.

YouTube Channels:

Mango Tea ? http://www.stevenmangotea.com

Tags: Clearwater, Facebook, Florida, Los Angeles, Quicky, Steven Mango,
Twitter

=======================================

If Jehovah's Witnesses only benefit their own believers, why are they
subsidized as a charity?
March 26, 2019, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2019/03/26/if-jehovahs-witnesses-only-benefit-their-own-believers-why-are-they-subsidized-as-a-charity/

Lloyd Evans has a really interesting new piece today at the website of
Britain's National Secular Society. And while the tax exempt or charity
status of churches in the UK and the US are not exactly the same, we
think our American readers can benefit from reading some of the
questions Lloyd raises in this really well done article.

The concept that any non-profit organization shouldn't have to pay
taxes is that such an organization benefits society as a whole in ways
that takes some of the burden off of government. But if a church serves
only its own believers, how, Lloyd asks, does that fit the idea of a
"charity" that benefits the population at large?

"The work of Watch Tower benefits nobody unless you consider (1) being
religious or (2) being a Jehovah's Witness to be advantageous. And
that's if we take Watch Tower's disingenuous statement about 'promoting
religious worship' at face value," he says.

Tags: Jehovah's Witnesses, Lloyd Evans, National Secular Society, Quicky, Tax
exempt, UK

=======================================

The (Not Tom) Cruise Debrief and An Announcement
March 26, 2019, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-not-tom-cruise-debrief-and-an-announcement/

My apologies for being remiss. A few have asked how the vacation was as
I made no mention of it here...

It was amazing.

I have waited to post this until we were ready with a special
announcement. It's at the end of this short report on the cruise.

Tags: Aftermath Foundation, Facebook, Marc Headley, Quicky, Scientology and
the Aftermath, Twitter

=======================================

The Church of Scientology Sees Bigots Hiding Under Every Bed
March 26, 2019, Jeffrey Augustine, Scientology Money Project
https://scientologymoneyproject.com/2019/03/26/the-church-of-scientology-sees-bigots-hiding-under-every-bed/

The Scream by Edvard Munch, 1893

The Church of Scientology screams "bigot" or "hate" each and every time
its depraved machinations are exposed. Scientology uses this tactic to
deflect attention away from its massive human rights violations,
pathological lying, and money-grubbing criminal behavior.

A survey of Scientology's STAND League propaganda website - which was
created solely to attack Leah Remini's show Scientology and the
Aftermath - shows forty headlines in articles in which the words
"bigot", "bigotry", "hate" or "hatred" are used. In many cases, these
are articles are written by fake stock photo Scientologists that are
not real people: Alicia Selverson and Rebecca Blair are two examples.
Conversely, the real leader of Scientology does not speak out and
instead the contemptible coward David Miscavige remains in hiding.

Tags: A&E, Alicia Selverson, Apple, David Miscavige, Disney, Hemant Mehta,
Hollywood Reporter, Leah Remini, LinkedIn, Mike Rinder, NBC, News.com.au,
Quicky, Rebecca Blair, Scientology and the Aftermath, STAND, Tampa Bay Times,
Tracey McManus

=======================================

Tom Cruise's son Connor to marry Scientology staffer in the church's Florida
mecca
March 26, 2019, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2019/03/26/tom-cruises-son-connor-marrying-scientology-staffer-in-florida-church-mecca/

In yet another sign of just how dedicated Tom Cruise and his older
children are to Scientology, Australia's Woman's Day magazine is
reporting that Cruise's 24-year-old son Connor is preparing to marry
Silvia Zanchi, a Scientologist from Bergamo, Italy who is a staff
worker at Scientology's mission in Belleair, Florida.

The Belleair mission is very close to Scientology's Florida 'mecca' of
technical perfection, the Flag Land Base in the city of Clearwater,
Florida, where Connor has been living and where his father is
completing the building of a double penthouse in a building known as
the Skyview.

We noted recently we'd found evidence that on March 6, Tom Cruise had
been in the front row for the L. Ron Hubbard Birthday Event, one of
Scientology's most important annual events, which is held in Clearwater
to celebrate Hubbard's March 13, 1911 birth. And just two days ago, we
broke the news that Connor's sister, Isabella, 26, was featured in a
promotional email put out by the Scientology org in London describing
her completion of an internship there to become a Scientology auditor.

Tags: 1911, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, A&E, Australia, Belleair, Belleair
Mission, Bergamo, Birthday Event, Birthday Game, Clearwater, Connor Cruise,
Flag Land Base, Florida, Italy, Katie Holmes, Knowledge Report, L. Ron
Hubbard, Leah Remini, London, Mary Kahn, Mike Rinder, OT, Rod Keller,
Scientology and the Aftermath, Scientology staff, Silvia Zanchi, Skyview,
Super Power, Tom Cruise

=======================================

What is cultural Marxism? The alt-right meme in Suella Braverman's speech in
Westminster
March 26, 2019, Sarah Manavis, New Statesman
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2019/03/what-cultural-marxism-alt-right-meme-suella-bravermans-speech-westminster

On Tuesday, Conservative MP for Fareham Suella Braverman gave a speech
at an event in Westminster which she said that, "As Conservatives, we
are engaged in a battle against cultural Marxism?"

Suella Braverman: "We are engaged in a war against cultural marxism.
We're engaged in a battle against socialism." - Dawn Foster
(@DawnHFoster) March 26, 2019

For many, this would have sounded like standard conservative dialogue ?
Marxists, anti-Corbyn sentiment, and references to class warfare that
are typical right-wing messages you see in every Tory speech. But to
people who have spent a modicum of time on 4chan, 8chan, YouTube, or
Reddit, this sentence raised blaring, screeching alarm bells.

The term "cultural Marxism", while seemingly benign, is an anti-Semitic
meme that has existed for years.

Tags: 1940, 2011, 2017, 2018, 4chan, African-American, Alt-Right, Anders
Breivik, Anti-Semitism, Christchurch, Cult, Cultural Marxism, Frankfurt,
Frankfurt School, Jewish, National Security Council, Norway, Quicky, Reddit,
Ron Paul, Westminster, White supremacist, YouTube

=======================================

As world struggles to stop deaths, far right celebrates COVID-19
March 26, 2020, Michael Colborne, Al Jazeera
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/world-struggles-stop-deaths-celebrates-covid-19-200326165545387.html

The new coronavirus has already infected hundreds of thousands of
people, taken more than 20,000 lives and caused a level of economic,
social and political disruption not seen in decades.

But for many far-right hardliners, it's a crisis to be welcomed.

The hardest-core "accelerationists" - violent neo-Nazis who want
civilisation to crumble, hope that COVID-19 will turn out to be their
secret weapon.

Tags: 2019, Anti-Semitism, Coronavirus, Dark Right, Europe, FBI, Germany,
Italy, Law enforcement, Missouri, Neo-Nazi, New Jersey, Ukraine

=======================================

Coronavirus: Liberty University Students Speak Out Against Jerry Falwell Jr.
Decision
March 26, 2020, Brianna Sacks, Buzzfeed News
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/coronavirus-liberty-university-jerry-falwell

Students at Liberty University in Virginia are confused and frustrated
by school President Jerry Falwell Jr.'s decision to keep the residence
halls and campus open to those who want to return, calling his response
to the coronavirus pandemic "reckless," "ignorant," and political.

State and local leaders have sharply criticized Falwell, one of
President Trump's most loyal and prominent supporters, for telling
students this week that they were "welcome" to return to the large,
private evangelical Christian campus in Lynchburg as the number of
COVID-19 cases continues to swell in the US.

The school president said that he made the call with students'
wellbeing in mind, arguing that those who live on campus rely on its
services. Falwell told the Richmond Times-Dispatch on Sunday that the
university has a "responsibility" to students who paid for the
education, want to be with friends and in their dorms, and "to not
interrupt their college life."

Tags: BuzzFeed, Christian Right, Christmas, Coronavirus, Dark Right, Florida,
Fox News, Jerry Falwell, Jesus, Liberty University, Lynchburg, North Korea,
Religion News Service, Richmond, San Diego, Utah, Virginia

=======================================

Italy's Far-Right And Nationalist Leaders Are Pushing Debunked Conspiracy
Theories About The Coronavirus To Millions Of Followers
March 26, 2020, Giorgia Meloni, BuzzFeed News
https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonardelli/coronavirus-matteo-salvini-giorgia-meloni-conspiracy

Opposition parties are going to oppose. Populists will be populists.
But in the middle of a global pandemic, misinformation can spread panic
and even cost lives.

As the coronavirus swept through Italy, infecting tens of thousands of
people and killing more than anywhere else in the world so far, the
country's nationalist and far-right parties have struggled for attention.

Last month, as Italy was gradually shutting down, Matteo Salvini,
former deputy prime minister and leader of the nationalist Lega party,
and Giorgia Meloni, leader of the far-right Brothers of Italy, urged
people to go on holiday. In a video posted on Facebook, Meloni told her
followers, in English, to not believe what they were seeing on
television. As proof, she pointed to a crowded Rome.

Tags: 2015, Chinese, Conspiracy, Coronavirus, Facebook, Italy, Matteo
Salvini, Milan, National Research Council, Quicky, Rome, Twitter, WhatsApp

=======================================

Scientology's bizarre response to the pandemic: Handing out sketchy cleaning
products
March 26, 2020, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2020/03/26/scientologys-bizarre-reponse-to-the-pandemic-handing-out-sketchy-cleaning-products/

Didn't Scientology learn its lesson with its balloon debacle?

A tipster has forwarded us an email sent out to Scientologists in the
Ventura area this week, asking them to mobilize for another offensive
against the coronavirus pandemic.

As we showed earlier, with David Miscavige's epic rant about the
pandemic and Scientology's subsequent response to it, the church is
torn between two very different basic urges. On the one hand, to put on
a showy display that it's helping out in the time of crisis hoping that
it will garner Scientology some rare good press. But on the other hand,
it's dealing with a more basic urge, that of following founder L. Ron
Hubbard's quack ideas about illness and the medical profession, and
that his "technology" should be able to defeat the virus, which is just
a lot of hysteria according to Miscavige, who dismisses it as a
"planetary bullbait."

Tags: 1963, ABC, Axioms, Brian Statler, Chrissie Bixler, Coronavirus,
Criminal, Critic, David Miscavige, Garcia v. Scientology, Ideal Org,
Inglewood, Jacksonville, Jay Spina, Kansas City, Kathy Feshbach, L. Ron
Hubbard, Los Angeles, Lynn Farny, Miami, Orlando, OT, Quicky, Rizza Islam, St.
Louis, Tampa, Trial, Valerie Haney, Ventura, Volunteer Ministers, Warren
McShane

=======================================

The surprising pro-Trumpers who took the coronavirus crisis seriously
March 26, 2020, Stephanie Mencimer, Mother Jones
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/03/coronavirus-mike-cernovich/

On February 25, the pro-Trump internet provocateur Mike Cernovich wrote
a blog post titled "Coronavirus is Trump's Katrina," highlighting some
of Trump's overly rosy tweets about his administration's response to
the epidemic. Top on his list was the February 24 tweet in which Trump
said, "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. ? Stock
Market starting to look very good to me!" Then there was the one on
February 26 when Trump blamed "fake news" for trying to make the
coronavirus look as bad as possible and panic the markets. "USA in
great shape!" Trump crowed.

In his post, Cernovich described Trump and the others who were
comparing the coronavirus to the flu as being "moronic and glib." He
wrote, "I wonder if they've ever had a 104 degree temperature. The flu
is awful, and in the 2018-2019 flu season, 61,200 people died. Are we
prepared for an additional 60,000+ to die from a new strain of flu?" He
pointed to early estimates that the coronavirus could kill anywhere
from 1.5 million to 5 million Americans. The coronavirus should have
been a "slam dunk" for Trump, Cernovich wrote, a time for Trump to say,
"This is why we need border security and domestic manufacturing!"
Instead, Cernovich lamented, Democrats had seized the high ground, and
it was Elizabeth Warren talking about the need to mitigate supply chain
impacts from the outbreak in China while Trump was "tweeting some Bush
/ 'heckuva job' b.s."

Coronavirus was a slam dunk for Trump, "This is why we need border
security and domestic manufacturing!" Instead, Democrats are taking the
high ground on trade, with Elizabeth Warren (!) talking about domestic
manufacturing. pic.twitter.com/nFsmtUjNJk - Cernovich (@Cernovich)
February 26, 2020

Tags: 2012, 2016, 2018, 2019, Alex Jones, Alt-Right, American Conservative
Union, China, Chinese, Congress, Coronavirus, Dark Right, DC, DeploraBall,
Donald Trump, Elizabeth Warren, Facebook, Fox News, Gateway Pundit, George
Soros, Hillary Clinton, Hoax, Infowars, Jack Posobiec, Jim Hoft, Katrina,
Matt Gaetz, Mick Mulvaney, Mike Cernovich, Mike Pence, Mitt Romney, North
Carolina, NPR, Paul Gosar, Pizzagate, Raheem Kassam, Republican, Rush
Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Steve Bannon, Ted Cruz, Texas, Tom Cotton, Twitter,
USA, Utah, White House (Trump)

=======================================

Thursday Funnies
March 26, 2020, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-254/

Not surprisingly, the volume of promotional materials coming out of
scientology has been remarkably reduced as they don't want to be
overtly telling people to come in to the organizations (even if
secretly, this is IS what they want).

They're still only delivery basic courses

This "ideal org" doesn't have much to show for millions invested.

Tags: Birthday Game, CCHR, Clear, England, Facebook, Ireland, Purification
Rundown, Quicky, Thursday Funnies, Twitter, UK

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
March 26 in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/days/03-26.html