Today in Scientology -- April 21st ***************************

1 view

Scientology Today

Apr 22, 2017, 8:53:12 AM4/22/17
Today April 21st in Scientology history
=======================================

In other court developments: Scientology ruling
April 21, 1987, St. Petersburg Times
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/49975493.html?dids=49975493:49975493&FMT=FT

The justices let stand a ruling that could force the Church of
Scientology of California to post a $60-million bond to appeal a
judgment against it.

The court refused to hear arguments in the case brought by the church,
which sought review of a California appeals court ruling.

The Scientology case stems from fraud charges brought against the
church by Larry Wollersheim, a former member.

Scientology has a headquarters in Clearwater.

Tags: 1941, 1976, 1980, 1984, Appeal, California, Church of Scientology of
California, Clearwater, Indiana, Japan, Lawrence Wollersheim, Legal, US
Solicitor General, US Supreme Court

=======================================

Local pols cruised in free to Tom gala
April 21, 2007, David Seifman, New York Post
http://www.nypost.com/seven/04212007/news/regionalnews/local_pols_cruised_in_free_to_tom_gala_regionalnews_david_seifman__city_hall_bureau_chief.htm

Two City Council members who attended Tom Cruise's fund-raiser for a
controversial 9/11 "detoxification project" didn't pay the
$6,250-a-ticket entry fee, but officials said they acted within the
ethics rules.

City Council members Joe Addabbo (D-Queens) and Hiram Monserrate
(D-Queens) both turned up at the glitzy Manhattan affair Thursday night
for the New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Project, co-founded by
Cruise and linked to Scientology.

Tags: Detox, Hiram Monserrate, Joe Addabbo, Tom Cruise

=======================================

Scientologist Following Anonymous to Car Part 1
April 21, 2008, anon3468, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDXBNijXAEM

I needed extra batteries and SD cards, so I left our mini-raid to go to
my car. A Scientologist from their 4/19-4/20 bookathon tried to follow
me to my car, but gets led on a wild goose chase up and down the street
when a different anon goes to my car instead.

Tags: Anonymous, Quicky

=======================================

Hugh Muir's Diary
April 21, 2011, Hugh Muir, The Guardian
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/apr/21/hugh-muir-diary-scientology

We are all in this together. Even L Ron Hubbard might soon be feeling
the pinch.

Tags: Birmingham, City of London Corporation, Eric Pickles, Sunderland, UK,
UK Charity Commission, Westminster

=======================================

Human Rights "Tolerance" Award Winner Tom Cruise
April 21, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/04/21/human-rights-tolerance-award-winner-tom-cruise/

The Daily, a new internet news medium, just reported that perhaps Tom's
daughter has split with him and the "church" of Scientology.

http://www.thedaily.
com/page/2011/04/11/041111-gossip-isabella-cruise-1-2/

(I understand there have been some problems with this link; in the
interim some of it can be seen at Village Voice which is onto the
scene, http://blogs.villagevoice.
com/runninscared/2011/04/tom_cruises_dau.php

Tags: David Miscavige, Quicky, Tom Cruise, Village Voice

=======================================

Meet the Scientologist 'squirrel busters': How teams with cameras fixed to
their hats 'stalk' church defectors
April 21, 2011, Richard Hartley-Parkinson, Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379274/Scientologist-Squirrel-busters-stalk-church-defector.html

From one of the most trusted members of the church he has now become a
thorn in its side.

A group of four men wearing skyblue t-shirts and black caps with the
words 'Squirrel busters productions' turned up at his door and said
they were there to look at his 'PC meters' - a piece of scientology
equipment - and check his 'tack'.

Perhaps most bizarrely about their attire is a picture of a squirrel
with Mr Rathbun's head superimposed onto the image.

Tags: David Miscavige, Gawker, John Allender, L. Ron Hubbard, London, Marty
Rathbun, Squirrel, Stanley Kubrick, Texas, Tom Cruise, Tony Ortega

=======================================

Real Water ? with added electrons!
April 21, 2011, Rebecca Hill, The Guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2011/apr/21/real-water-added-electrons

On the one hand this is an amusing read, leaving you astonished at the
amount of tripe you can find online. On the other, this is a real
company, making real sales at the expense of those who believe their
outlandish claims. In an age when people are increasingly worried about
their health, perhaps the most beneficial thing to take in large doses
is scepticism.

Tags: Affinity Lifestyles, Brent Jones, Nevada, Real Water, Xzavia Ross

=======================================

Says sect drags out projects
April 21, 2011, Jeff Jacobsen, Letter to Editor, Orangeville Citizen
http://www.citizen.on.ca/news/2011-04-21/Mailbox/Says_sect_drags_out_projects.html

I would like to point out that Scientology has a long history of
dragging out construction programs.

For example, their Super Power building in Clearwater Florida had its
groundbreaking in 1998, yet the building has never yet been completed.
The church made continuous statements that the project would be done
"by the end of the year" and such, but it has never been completed. You
can see more such history in a letter I sent warning Clearwater at www.
lisa mcpherson.org/cos/construction.

Also, Scientology does not like outsiders visiting. In fact,
Scientology is trying to close down a highway that goes through their
property north of Hemet, California. They turn their sprinklers to face
the street and turn them on when protesters come by.

Tags: Canada, Hockley Highlands Inn, Ontario

=======================================

Tom Cruise's Daughter Leaves Him Over Scientology?
April 21, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/04/tom_cruises_dau.php

Former Page Six-er Richard Johnson* (see below) is reporting at The
Daily that Tom Cruise's daughter, Isabella, 18, is fed up with
Scientology and has moved out of her father's house.

A Cruise publicist denied the report.

Johnson quotes two of our favorite Scientology sources, Marty Rathbun
and Mike Rinder, both of whom were very high up in the organization
until they bolted in 2004 and 2007, respectively.

Tags: 2004, 2007, David Miscavige, Hunter Walker, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder,
Nicole Kidman, Page Six, Quicky, Richard Johnson, Tom Cruise

=======================================

When Scientologists Attack - The Village Voice
April 21, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/04/21/when-scientologists-attack-the-village-voice/

After two days in the edit bay Miscavige had the OSA baby blue shock
squad post a version of his take of the incident at my home on Monday.
I commented on the link to it someone posted on this blog, words to the
effect that I would go to court with his version - but I'll also get
all the footage from all four of his cameras before trial. Within
minutes the "church" took their video edit down. But not before some
members of Anonymous mirrored it and spread it far and wide.

Editor in Chief of the Village Voice Tony Ortega reported on the entire
affair today, http://blogs.villagevoice.
com/runninscared/2011/04/when_scientolog.php#comments

UPDATE: Since been picked up by the Dail Mail in London: http://www.
dailymail.co.
uk/news/article-1379274/Scientologist-Squirrel-busters-stalk-church-defector.
html

Tags: Anonymous, California, Clearwater, David Miscavige, E-meter, Florida,
Fort Harrison, London, Lori Hodgson, Office of Special Affairs, Quicky, San
Jose, Squirrel, Tony Ortega, Village Voice

=======================================

Sunday Funnies: The United States of Scientology
April 21, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/04/21/sunday-funnies-the-united-states-of-scientology/

Yesterday, Scientologists entered a new age. We've been learning lately
that Scientology leader David Miscavige has hit upon a new strategy to
wring out the last dollar from church members who have already given
until it hurts for his "Ideal Orgs" building program.

He calls it "alliances," and it involves convincing what few
Scientologists remain to band together and, well, give even more.

Yesterday, these alliances gathered in various places around the world
in order to celebrate Miscavige's notion that a dwindling movement just
needs to open up shiny and empty new buildings in order to...well,
we're not sure what he expects will happen.

Tags: 1984, 1995, 2009, Birthday Event, California, David Miscavige, Ideal
Org, Kansas City, Karen de la Carriere, Lisa McPherson, Los Angeles,
Minneapolis, Natalie Hagemo, Neil Gaiman, Quicky, San Fernando Valley, South
Africa, Sunday Funnies, Twin Cities

=======================================

The New Miscavige Birthday Game!
April 21, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-new-miscavige-birthday-game/

Remember when the LRH Birthday Game was about giving LRH the birthday
gift he wanted? Org Expansion...

Well, like a lot of other things in Miscavige Corporate Scientology,
there's a new sheriff in town and the organization is being modeled in
his image. Of course, there is no grand announcement that "the old
birthday game is no more" it's more subtle. Like "Command Intention"
morphed from "LRH intention" to "COB intention" and Miscavige gradually
assumed the role of "finder of lost tech" to "refiner of tech" to
"improver of tech" to "inventor of tech." The old Birthday Game has
been vanishing from view. "St Hill Size Orgs" is "old terminology", the
Universe Corps is but a fond memory. Today, Ideal Orgs are everything.

And this new promo piece is taking the next step into the full
evolution into the David Miscavige Birthday Game. And that means it's
now about what he wants for his birthday on 30 April. And that means
MONEY!!

Tags: Birthday Game, Chairman of the Board, Command Intention, David
Miscavige, Humanitarian, Ideal Org, L. Ron Hubbard, Quicky, Universe Corps

=======================================

Convicted of fraud by France's highest court, Scientology still pursues
creative appeals
April 21, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2014/04/21/convicted-of-fraud-by-frances-highest-court-scientology-still-pursues-creative-appeals/

Our man in Paris, Jonny Jacobsen, has another dispatch for us about
developments with Scientology in France. Take it away, Jonny...

In the interest of tying up loose ends, here are a couple of items,
both fall-out from France's definitive conviction of Scientology for
organised fraud last year.

The first deals with Scientology's latest attempt to persuade people
that the French state was the prime mover behind its recent fraud
convictions, rather than the courts that actually judged them.

Tags: 1993, 1998, 2002, 2006, 2009, 2012, Alain Rosenberg, CADA, Canada,
Celebrity Centre, Chris Shelton, Church of Scientology International, Church
of Spiritual Technology, Clearwater, Convicted, Cour de Cassation, Flag
Service Organization, Florida, France, Infinite Complacency, Jean-Fran?ois
Valli, Jeffrey Augustine, Jonny Jacobsen, Olivier Morice, Paris, Quicky,
Sabine Jacquart, Sea Org, UNADFI

=======================================

Google Analytics Prove Scientology Lies
April 21, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/google-interest-stats/

I was forwarded this information by a Special Correspondent who pulled
it up on Google Analytics.

I thought the information was interesting, though it troubles me there
are no numbers on the side of the graphs, so they look kind of like
Miscavigerally graphs - though the difference here is that these
represent REAL numbers, and they do show TRENDS.

What is remarkable about these graphs is the that they measure interest
in topics. I do not profess to know HOW they work this out, presumably
based on searches.

Tags: 2007, 2013, David Miscavige, Google, Quicky, Super Bowl, Tom Cruise

=======================================

Money
April 21, 2014, Jeffrey Augustine, Scientology Money Project
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/2014/04/21/money/

Tags: Quicky

=======================================

Frederick Council delays vote on Scientology-backed rehab center
April 21, 2015, Michael S. Rosenwald, Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/frederick-council-delays-vote-on-scientology-backed-rehab-center/2015/04/21/fc4a5e0e-e87d-11e4-aae1-d642717d8afa_story.html

The Frederick County Council delayed a vote Tuesday on whether to
approve a historical designation for Trout Run, a Camp David stand-in
on "The West Wing" that a Scientology-affiliated drug rehabilitation
program wants to use as a treatment facility.

Narconon, a controversial program that relies on saunas and the
writings of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard to treat heroin addicts
and other drug abusers, needs the designation because the 40-acre
property's zoning doesn't allow such uses. A listing on the county
historical register would.

Tags: Battle Creek, Bruce Dean, Frederick County, Frederick County Council,
Kirby Delauter, M.C. Keegan-Ayer, Maryland, Narconon, Nathan Roberts, Trout
Run

=======================================

Marc Headley on Scientology, the Internet, and Technology and Int Base
April 21, 2015, SurvivingScientology, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6xjlDcpy8Q

Marc Headley discusses Scientology, the internet, and technology with
your host Jeffrey Augustine.

Marc Headley is the author of Blown For Good: Behind the Iron Curtain
of Scientology.

Tags: Blown for Good, Int Base, Jeffrey Augustine, Marc Headley, Video

=======================================

Marc Headley reveals the embarrassing technological secrets of Scientology
April 21, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/04/21/marc-headley-reveals-the-embarrassing-technological-secrets-of-scientology/

We have another treat for you today. Jeffrey Augustine has Marc Headley
back for his latest podcast, and it's a good one.

Marc worked at Scientology's secretive Int Base for 15 years, and got a
rare view inside of the technical side of Scientology. He was
intimately involved in the production of Scientology's lectures and
videos and e-meters.

He explains to Jeff about how slow Scientology was to embrace new
technology, and that into the 1990s the base was manufacturing 50,000
audio cassettes a week, well after the rest of the world had moved on
to compact discs.

Tags: 1990, 2000, Center for Inquiry, Costa Mesa, DC, E-meter, Int Base,
Jamie DeWolf, Jeffrey Augustine, Los Angeles, Marc Headley, Orange County,
Paulette Cooper, Quicky, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Sea Org,
The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, Washington

=======================================

Scientology Fact Verification
April 21, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-fact-verification/

David "Let Him Die" Miscavige responded to a recent posting on Tony
Ortega's website about Paul Haggis being trolled by a "Time magazine"
reporter.

Page Six reprinted his response (or at least part of it).

Here is the quote attributed to Karin Pouw:

Tags: 1960, 1984, ABLE, Anthony Building, David Miscavige, England, Hollywood
Reporter, International Association of Scientologists, Karin Pouw, Los
Angeles, Mark Webber, Page Six, Paul Haggis, Quicky, Tony Ortega

=======================================

Valley Really Not Ideal Org
April 21, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/valley-really-not-ideal-org/

Douglas D. Douglas over at the Underground Bunker, posted an excellent
comment and photos this afternoon.

It is too good to be possibly lost in the huge number of daily comments
that appear on Tony Ortega's blog.

Without his permission, I am turning this into a posting here in order
to preserve his fine work and to make it easier for everyone to find.

Tags: Clear, David Miscavige, Golden Age of Tech, Ideal Org, L. Ron Hubbard,
OT, Quicky, Tony Ortega, Touch Assist, Underground Bunker, Valley Ideal Org

=======================================

Why isn't the Church of Scientology paying its downtown tax bill?
April 21, 2015, Steve Vockrodt, The Pitch
http://www.pitch.com/kansascity/why-isnt-the-church-of-scientology-paying-its-downtown-tax-bill/Content?oid=5099594

Scientology is exempt from real-estate taxes because it's considered a
religion, a designation it strong-armed the Internal Revenue Service
into accepting in the early 1990s. But the church may be abusing that
privilege; Missouri law states that a property must be "actually and
regularly used exclusively for religious worship" in order for a
religious organization to retain tax-exempt status on it.

Edwin Stoll, deputy chief administrator for Jackson County, tells The
Pitch that the church has provided documentation that it holds events
at 1801 Grand during downtown parades and such.

Tags: 1952, 2003, 2007, Edwin Stoll, Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison
of Belief, HBO, Ideal Org, IRS, Jackson County, Kansas City, Maggie
Kittinger, Minneapolis, Missouri, National Register of Historic Places,
Property tax, Real estate, Rotting building, Wichita

=======================================

(VIDEO) Me, My Mom and Scientology - Part 4
April 21, 2016, Chris Shelton, Critical Thinker at Large
http://mncriticalthinking.com/2016/04/21/video-me-my-mom-and-scientology-part-4/

In this 4-part series, I interview my Mom about Scientology, our mutual
history with it and how she helped me to escape. In this last part, we
talk about what life is like growing up with Scientology and how it was
used by both of us during my childhood.

Tags: Quicky

=======================================

How Lisa Marie Presley became Scientology leader David Miscavige's worst
nightmare
April 21, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/21/how-lisa-marie-presley-became-scientology-leader-david-miscaviges-worst-nightmare/

For more than a year, the Underground Bunker has been speaking with
sources close to Lisa Marie Presley who tell us that the daughter of
Elvis Presley has not only turned against Scientology leader David
Miscavige, but has taken steps to coordinate actions designed to
cripple Miscavige's rule.

Lisa Marie is using her media savvy and connections with other
celebrities and other important figures inside Scientology to release
explosive revelations about Miscavige, while keeping her own role quiet.
The result, so far, has been the skillfully timed release of media
stories that have damaged Miscavige at the same time that Scientology
is in a long term decline.

In Lisa Marie Presley, David Miscavige has cultivated a powerful enemy.
And in this story, we explain how things got to that point.

Tags: 1973, 1977, 1990, 20/20, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2014, Beck Hansen,
Becky Bigelow, California, Chairman of the Board, Clearwater, Dan Harris,
Daniel Powell, David Miscavige, Denise Miscavige Gentile, Disconnection,
Dwayne Powell, Elvis Presley, Flag Land Base, Florida, Heather Covington,
Hemet, Int Base, John Travolta, Leah Remini, Lisa Marie Presley, Lori
Verneuille, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Times, NBC, Police, Priscilla Presley,
Private investigator, Quicky, Religious Technology Center, Riley Keough,
Robert Covington, Ron Miscavige Jr, Ron Miscavige Sr, Ruthless: Scientology,
My Son David Miscavige, and Me, Sea Org, Spanky Taylor, The Hole, TMZ, Tom
Cruise, Virginia, West Allis, Wisconsin

=======================================

Something huge is about to go down with Scientology that could destroy the
'church' once and for all
April 21, 2016, Travis Gettys, Raw Story
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/something-huge-is-about-to-go-down-with-scientology-that-could-destroy-the-church-once-and-for-all/

Tags: 1986, 2008, 2013, 2015, California, David Miscavige, Elvis Presley,
Hemet, Int Base, Lisa Marie Presley, Priscilla Presley, Private investigator,
Riley Keough, Ron Miscavige Sr, Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David
Miscavige, and Me, Sea Org, The Hole, Tom Cruise, Tony Ortega, Wisconsin

=======================================

Thursday Funnies
April 21, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-80/

How long will it take?

They are STILL trying to recruit Paul Schofield for staff at Auckland
org even after the post last Saturday...

"Breakthrough accomplishments"

Tags: 2011, ABLE, Atlanta, Auckland, Battle Creek, Birmingham, Chuck Beatty,
Clearwater, Division 6, Field Staff Member, Freewinds, Hubbard Academy of
Personal Independence, Italy, Kevin Wilson, Matt Feshbach, Mission, OT, OT
IX, OT VII, OT VIII, Paul Schofield, Porn, Quicky, Reed Slatkin, Sea Org,
Sharron Weber, Student Hat, Tampa, Thursday Funnies, UK, WISE, YouTube

=======================================

Bunker reader Dee Findlay stole the show as Clearwater stood up to
Scientology last night
April 21, 2017, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2017/04/21/bunker-reader-dee-findlay-stole-the-show-as-clearwater-stood-up-to-scientology-last-night/

By now you've probably heard that the city of Clearwater is the proud
owner of a 1.4-acre parcel of downtown land after its city council
voted unanimously to purchase it from an aquarium company and defy the
Church of Scientology, which wanted the plot for its own uses.

The parcel sits between City Hall and two of Scientology's Clearwater
landmarks, the Fort Harrison and Oak Cove hotels, where wealthy
Scientologists come from around the world to pay for expensive auditing
levels they can get nowhere else.

Miscavige said he wanted the plot for a swimming pool for his hotel
guests, which was farcical. The real reason, former Scientology
spokesman Mike Rinder told us, was to keep non-Scientologists away from
the Fort Harrison, the church's holiest spot on Earth.

Tags: 1972, 1980, 2013, Clearwater, David Miscavige, Dee Findlay, Denver,
Fort Harrison, Mike Rinder, Oak Cove, Office of Special Affairs, Quicky,
Richard Tenney, Seattle, Suppressive Person

Regraded Being
April 21, 2017, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/friday-regraded-being-93/

Tags: Quicky, Regraded Being

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html