Bob Minton has passed away

t_shuffle

Jan 29, 2010, 2:12:37 PM1/29/10
http://tinyurl.com/ydcpqnd

Robert S. Minton, a retired investment banker who poured millions into
efforts to fight the Church of Scientology in the 1990s, has died. He was
63.

Tigger

Jan 29, 2010, 2:27:09 PM1/29/10

So it is true. I just saw this on ESMB. I think some of the facts
are off, but it does prove
Minton and probably Brooks were in Ireland and lends credibility to
Brooks having written that e-mail to Marty Rathbun.

Quote:

Bob Minton has passed away

Hope this hasn't already been posted. I didn't check as I posted in
haste.

Quote:

Robert S. Minton, a retired investment banker who poured millions into
efforts to fight the Church of Scientology in the 1990s, has died. He
was 63.

Minton burst on the local scene in late 1997 when he began financing a
lawsuit against the church by the family of Lisa McPherson, the 36-
year-old Scientologist who died in 1995 while in the care of church
staffers in Clearwater.

All told, Minton gave about $2 million to the family's legal effort
and about $10 million total to anti-Scientology causes. He also set up
an office next to church facilities in downtown Clearwater and staged
frequent pickets.

He said in an earlier interview that he became an anti-Scientology
crusader after learning about the church's efforts to keep its
materials from being publicized on the Internet. The more he read, he
said, the more he became concerned about Scientology practices that,
to him, seemed to violate its members' civil and human rights.

Church leaders soon focused on their No. 1 one critic, sending
Scientology staffers to keep an eye on him, staging counter-pickets
and hiring a private investigator to probe his financial dealings.

Two of those leaders, Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder, have since
defected from the church and recently recounted the methods they used
to try to subdue Minton. In two meetings with Minton, they said, they
secretly recorded him using a briefcase with a hidden camera.

Minton once said of Scientology's tactics: "It was like the Terminator
was after you."

Minton's efforts unraveled in 2002. As the McPherson lawsuit dragged
on in court and the judge pressed for a settlement, Minton faced
allegations that he lied under oath about his involvement in the case.

In a shocking turnabout, he soon found himself testifying for the
church and against the plaintiff's attorney. He testified that he had
had enough.

According to paid obituaries in the New York Times and Minton's home
town newspaper, The Nashville Tennesseean, Minton died unexpectedly on
Jan. 20 in Ireland.

He had retired to Clonbur, Ireland, with his long-time companion Stacy
Brooks, a one-time Scientology staff member who became a church
critic.

Mark Bunker, a Scientology critic who worked with Minton in
Clearwater, said Friday that Minton became short of breath and was
diagnosed with a heart condition the day he died.

According to the obituaries, a funeral mass was held Monday and Minton
was buried in Lisloughrey Cemetery.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/sciento...ilment/1069194
__________________
www.youtube.com/TheEvilOfScientology

Gregory Hall

Jan 29, 2010, 2:27:21 PM1/29/10
"t_shuffle" <thorazin...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Only the good die young - may he rest in peace.

--
Gregory Hall

Gregory Hall

Jan 29, 2010, 2:30:17 PM1/29/10
"Tigger" <Tiggeri...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Quote:

================================

[REPLY]

Barbara Schwarz will claim the German SS turned on some radio-controlled
germs and this is what killed him.

--
Gregory Hall

realpch

Jan 29, 2010, 2:38:11 PM1/29/10

Oh dear. So young. My condolences to his friends and family.

Peach
--
Extra! Extra! Read All About It!
Save some dough, save some grief:

henri

Jan 29, 2010, 2:38:24 PM1/29/10

>http://tinyurl.com/ydcpqnd

This is truly sad. 63 is far too young. Whatever differences I've
had with the man, he sincerely tried to help, for a while, and
probably would have continued to do so if he hadn't been crushed by
OSA.

If there's anything to do in the memory of Bob Minton, it is to fight
to make sure that he is the last person OSA ever gets to crush and
destroy and break. Let's make sure these fucking fiends will never
get to do to anyone, ever, what they did to Bob Minton.

OSA broke the critical community when they broke Bob Minton. Good
luck at ever doing that again, you bastards.

Anonymous

Jan 29, 2010, 2:46:11 PM1/29/10
On 1/29/2010 1:38 PM, henri wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:12:37 -0800, "t_shuffle"
> <thorazin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ydcpqnd
>
>> Robert S. Minton, a retired investment banker who poured millions into
>> efforts to fight the Church of Scientology in the 1990s, has died. He was
>> 63.
>
> This is truly sad. 63 is far too young. Whatever differences I've
> had with the man, he sincerely tried to help, for a while, and
> probably would have continued to do so if he hadn't been crushed by
> OSA.
>
> If there's anything to do in the memory of Bob Minton, it is to fight
> to make sure that he is the last person OSA ever gets to crush and
> destroy and break. Let's make sure these fucking fiends will never
> get to do to anyone, ever, what they did to Bob Minton.

Is it, you want that left exclusively to you? He warmly referred to you
as the "Keyboard Commando", afraid to testify.

> OSA broke the critical community when they broke Bob Minton. Good
> luck at ever doing that again, you bastards.

How touching.

-Anonymous

henri

Jan 29, 2010, 3:06:46 PM1/29/10
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:46:11 -0600, Anonymous <cri...@ecn.org> wrote:

Only a diseased individual would use the recent death of one of us as
a springboard to attack an enemy. Enjoy your empty soul, sicko.

Gregory Hall

Jan 29, 2010, 3:08:45 PM1/29/10
"henri" <he...@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message

> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:46:11 -0600, Anonymous <cri...@ecn.org> wrote:
>
> Only a diseased individual would use the recent death of one of us as
> a springboard to attack an enemy. Enjoy your empty soul, sicko.

I had the same thoughts when I read his post. Totally inappropriate place to
spew his hate.

--
Gregory Hall

Tilman Hausherr

Jan 29, 2010, 3:15:04 PM1/29/10
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:12:37 -0800, "t_shuffle"
<thorazin...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sad news. He was one of the good guys.

--
Tilman Hausherr [KoX, SP5.55] Entheta * Enturbulation * Entertainment
http://www.xenu.de

Resistance is futile. You will be enturbulated. Xenu always prevails.

Find broken links on your web site: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
The Xenu bookstore: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/bookstore.html

Anonymous

Jan 29, 2010, 4:45:00 PM1/29/10

Sorry, But I know Bob wouldn't want you or the Buttersquash eulogizing
him as being "one of us."

He'd probably rather you continue posting true to your nature.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/browse_thread/thread/c0783d8eb06aceb2/ce35346df9ff3947?hl=en&q=henri+on+Bob+Minton+scientology#ce35346df9ff3947

Tigger

Jan 29, 2010, 5:53:54 PM1/29/10

Robert Minton Obituary: Robert Minton’s Obituary by the The
Tennessean.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tennessean/obituary.aspx?n=robert-schenk-minton&pid=138829116

Quote:

Share Visit Guest Book Robert Schenk Minton Jr.

MINTON, JR., Robert SchenkFormerly of Nashville and Sandown, NH passed
away unexpectedly on January 20, 2010. He was the eldest son of the
late Catherine Payne Minton and the late Robert Schenk Minton.

Robert was a graduate of Father Ryan High School, Nashville and
University of Tennessee, Knoxville. He had been an international
banker throughout his career but now living in retirement in Clonbur,
Ireland with his longtime companion, Stacy Stewart Brooks.

He is survived by his son, Rob Minton III and his wife Marcia; his
daughters, Katherine and Sarah Minton and their mother, Therese
Minton; his brothers, George and John Minton and their families; his
cousin, Lynn Gothard and his uncle, George Payne Sr.

His remains will be reposing at his residence, Golden Bay, Clonbur,
Co. Galway, Ireland from 12 Noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday, January 24. A
Funeral Mass will be held on Monday, January 25 at St. Mary of the
Rosary Church, Cong, Co. Mayo, Ireland with burial afterwards in
Lisloughrey Cemetery.

Family flowers only, and donations instead to the Irish charity, Croi.

Published in The Tennessean on January 24, 2010 print Guest BookAdd
photos and more
You may leave your condolences or share memories by signing the Guest
Book here:

"In the memory of many people you will stay alive forever. Thank you,
Bob." Suse Hartweg (Germany) "A Great American Free Speech advocate
has passed. His work and cause live on for others to continue. My
prayers go out to the family," Lou Freeman (Clearwater Beach, FL) "Mr.
Minton helped to bring about great things. His memory lives on
forever." Ann O'Nymous (Clearwater, FL) "My sympathy to the Minton
family. Bob was a hero to many, many people and we will be eternally
grateful for his humanitarian work. RIP sweet prince" Debbie C (Corpus
Christi, TX) "To the Minton family. Please accept my deepest
sympathies." Patricia Pieniadz (New London, CT) View full Guest Book
(14 entries)

View suggested entries

Please enter a condolence here
Keep this Guest Book online (Guest Book will remain online for 26
days)

End of Quote:

So did Minton divorce his wife? If so, why didn't his marry his
"companion"?

Tigger

Dennis L Erlich

Jan 29, 2010, 7:41:05 PM1/29/10
henri <he...@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

>This is truly sad. 63 is far too young.

Yah, it is.

>Whatever differences I've
>had with the man, he sincerely tried to help, for a while,

I think when he got all those followers behind him, he felt
invincible. But Bob also had a lot of money power behind him. It's a
heady mix that causes people to lose perspective on their
vulnerabilities.

>and
>probably would have continued to do so if he hadn't been crushed by
>OSA.

I have no doubt he would have still been speaking out had he not been
shuttered into silence and worse.

Get some peaceful rest, Bob.

--------------------------

"Well, if we go to heaven
and some say we don't
but if there's a reckoning day
please God, I'll see you
and maybe I won't
I've a bag packed to go either way." - M. Knopfler

Anonymous

Jan 29, 2010, 8:17:22 PM1/29/10
On 1/29/2010 6:41 PM, Dennis L Erlich wrote:

> I think when he got all those followers behind him, he felt
> invincible. But Bob also had a lot of money power behind him. It's a
> heady mix that causes people to lose perspective on their
> vulnerabilities.

Well said Dennis, but money power less $5,000.00.

What a great time to repay that amount to help with the family's expenses?!

barbz

Jan 29, 2010, 9:04:33 PM1/29/10

LOL, you mean the Minton family? Like, they need donations to cover
expenses?
Are you delusional?

--
xenubarb
Chaplain, ARSCCwdne

A walk down the path of history is crunchy with the crispy corpses of
those who pooh-poohed or ignored the clown car of ridicule when it
pulled-up to the curb.

Stephen Jones

Anonymous

Jan 29, 2010, 9:14:44 PM1/29/10
On 1/29/2010 8:04 PM, barbz wrote:
> Anonymous wrote:
>> On 1/29/2010 6:41 PM, Dennis L Erlich wrote:
>>
>>> I think when he got all those followers behind him, he felt
>>> invincible. But Bob also had a lot of money power behind him. It's a
>>> heady mix that causes people to lose perspective on their
>>> vulnerabilities.
>>
>> Well said Dennis, but money power less $5,000.00.
>>
>> What a great time to repay that amount to help with the family's
>> expenses?!
>
> LOL, you mean the Minton family? Like, they need donations to cover
> expenses?
> Are you delusional?

Your right. What was I thinking? Dennis should just keep the money ...
maybe use it to fly the IRC granfalloon to Florida to meet with Patricia
Greenway. Bob would have liked that!

Thorazine Shuffle

Jan 29, 2010, 9:46:02 PM1/29/10
On Jan 29, 6:14 pm, Anonymous <cri...@ecn.org> wrote:

> Your right.  What was I thinking?  Dennis should just keep the money ...
> maybe use it to fly the IRC granfalloon to Florida to meet with Patricia
> Greenway.  Bob would have liked that!

You fucking shallow transparent opportunist cunt. It must really,
really suck to be you.

husk

Jan 29, 2010, 9:55:28 PM1/29/10
On Jan 29, 9:46 pm, Thorazine Shuffle <thorazineshuf...@gmail.com>
wrote:

That was just excellent.

Made me remember fondly.

Q: Don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!
M: What?
Q: Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke,
you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!

Rest in peace Mr. Minton.

husk

Jan 29, 2010, 9:55:38 PM1/29/10
On Jan 29, 9:46 pm, Thorazine Shuffle <thorazineshuf...@gmail.com>
wrote:

That was just excellent.

husk

Jan 29, 2010, 9:55:47 PM1/29/10
On Jan 29, 9:46 pm, Thorazine Shuffle <thorazineshuf...@gmail.com>
wrote:

That was just excellent.

Anonymous

Jan 29, 2010, 11:19:01 PM1/29/10

It's this simply. The Buttersquash/Erlich ganfalloon are not going to
be allowed to take curtain call bows on Bob Minton's grave. He's got
friends to disallow that.

Magoo

Jan 29, 2010, 11:38:38 PM1/29/10

"Anonymous" <cri...@ecn.org> wrote in message

"Divide and conquer"....the essence of Scientology's Office of Special
Affairs. Let's not waste space, time and energy on this, over a kind
man who spent a great deal of his time fighting to expose the very abuses
most of us agree suck: Scientology's abuses.

May he fly high and sail joyously in the spaces he's moved on to.
He ~is~ now free, no matter what any of us says about him.
My love to his family and dear friends. He shall be missed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ToryMagoo44#p/a/u/0/aZWqj3L1cis

Tory/Magoo

Whose Fargles Bane?

Jan 30, 2010, 12:16:33 AM1/30/10
"t_shuffle" <thorazin...@gmail.com> wrote:

>http://tinyurl.com/ydcpqnd

Hell. I told him he was too fat back in 1998 when we were in Florida
denouncing Scientology's murder of Lisa McPherson. I wonder if some
of his problem was due to his weight. He certainly got enough
exercise on the protest lines. }:-}

---
Does belief in astrology cause insanity? http://www.skeptictank.org/edm.htm
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Anonymous

Jan 30, 2010, 1:09:03 AM1/30/10
On 1/29/2010 2:06 PM, henri wrote:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/goodnight-sweet-prince-bob-minton-60562/7/#post1142284

Mark Bunker:

Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince: Bob Minton
Bob was my good friend. We tried to keep news of Bob's death off the net
till after the funeral because of heartless comments such as that made
by Deana Holmes (mierle). Ironically, on a.r.s., her partner in crime
(Henri) was chiding someone for using Bob's death as an inspiration for
venom.

Bob fought long and hard and was faced with a global assault from
Scientology the likes of which Holmes or Henri could scarcely withstand.
Making Bob's battle worse were the nasty attacks from "friends" and from
people who accepted large sums of money from him, like the producer of
The Profit. You want to sap someone's will? Take away the support system
needed to fight the devil.

Bob was human. He made mistakes. We all do. I often fail to see the
humanity in people like Holmes or Patricia Greenway.

For those who are blaming Rathbun and Rinder for taking years off of
Bob's life, let me just say that they were at peace with one another
when Bob died and considered themselves friends because they too had
faced the beast that was corporate Scientology. They saw why Bob was
speaking out against Scientology and they had helped as best they could
take some of the intense pressure off of Bob.

I think it says a lot that when Bob died ten days ago, I wasn't worried
how Rathbun and Rinder would react. They would mourn a good man who
tried to make the world a better place. They would miss a man whose
message "It's Safe to Look" and "It's Safe to Talk" actually struck a
nerve when they were on opposite sides.

No, I worried about the the reaction of bitches like Deana Holmes,
stirring up shit from their pious perches near hell.

I'll have little more more to say about their venom, but I'm sure I'll
have much more to say about my dear friend Bob as the years go by.

I miss you, Bob, more than you could possibly imagine, and I'm glad I
had the the chance to tell you how much I love you and Stacy and how
proud I am to have stood by your side.

Bob watched the rise of Anonymous with amazement and I told him often
how much the work he did continued to live on in the videos he made
possible and in the inspiration he gave to those who speak up now. There
are those who may not have even heard of Scientology yet but will find
us all on YouTube and his message will continue to resonate.

Thank you to everyone who has taken a moment to say something kind about
Bob. He loved Stacy Brooks deeply, as she loved him. I'm glad she was
with him at the end and through the years they had together. He was a
lucky man for that.

t_shuffle

Jan 30, 2010, 1:10:30 AM1/30/10

No, it's simply this: You're a miserable opportunist cunt. You have no
friends, and the fact that you would use a man's death to further your cause
is quite telling. I wish cancer on you.

Patrick Volk

Jan 30, 2010, 2:22:34 AM1/30/10
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:12:37 -0800, "t_shuffle"
<thorazin...@gmail.com> wrote:

A shame. He definitely tried.

Magoo

Jan 30, 2010, 3:15:17 AM1/30/10

"Patrick Volk" <pjv...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Hi Patrick! I'd say he did more than "tried".
He tried, and he succeeded, in many ways. I see it as similar
to Anonymous, now. When they began, there were 9,000 people
world wide. Now? Quite a few less.
However..........the *key* is due to their actions....TONS of super
**key** people left Scientology *and* began speaking out.
That will be their legacy, forever. ALL that Anonymous has done, also, shall
help people, forever.

The same is true for Bob Minton. He helped *many* people, self
included, and ALL of us shall continue the very fight he also worked
on: Exposing the abuses of C of $.

As Robert Vaughn Young told me:
"Tory, this is like a relay race. You run it as long as you can, and then
pass on the baton". Vaughn passed on a few years ago, but he also left
a legacy of information that helps people, to this day.

My blessings to all :)
Tory/Magoo

barbz

Jan 30, 2010, 7:10:26 AM1/30/10

WTF are you babbling about?

Maria Persson

Jan 30, 2010, 7:49:45 AM1/30/10

Is it possible to be happy a whole lifetime?

We have all arrived to the world naked and we will all leave it
naked,,,,if we all live our lives naked criminals organized or
unorganized in religions will be unable to cause unhappiness in the
world but if we don't live our lives naked and spend our properties to
fight the ones causing unhappiness in the world is it even better.

Members in a group proving their love to their sociopath leader in the
group by fighting his enemies thinks they causes something good in the
world when they in the reality causes something bad in it and if a
human being is the whole world it isn't something lovely they faces in
their mirror.

Bob Minton faced something lovely in his mirror.

He's gone but others goes on facing something lovely in their mirrors.

Unhappiness doesn't exist in the world,,,only criminals causing
unhappiness in it.

Steve Holroyd

Jan 30, 2010, 9:00:31 AM1/30/10
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010, in article <7si0nt...@mid.individual.net>,
Anonymous <cri...@ecn.org> writes

>On 1/29/2010 2:06 PM, henri wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:46:11 -0600, Anonymous<cri...@ecn.org> wrote:
>>
>> Only a diseased individual would use the recent death of one of us as
>> a springboard to attack an enemy. Enjoy your empty soul, sicko.
>
>http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/goodnight-sweet-prince-bob-minton-
>60562/7/#post1142284
>
>Mark Bunker:
>
> Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince: Bob Minton
>Bob was my good friend.

[snip]

Goodbye Bob.

You made a stand against an organisation that you thought to be evil,
but you didn't realise how far they would go to stop you.

I hope you managed to find some peace and normality in your life after
you stepped away from the front lines.

:-(

RIP Mr. Minton.

--
Steve Holroyd

barbz

Jan 30, 2010, 10:58:49 AM1/30/10

Yeah, you tell that to the family of the woman crushed in a freak
accident when a eucalyptus tree blew over onto her manufactured home.

Do you think her family is gonna have that criminal tree arrested for
homicide?

Patrick Volk

Jan 30, 2010, 12:47:09 PM1/30/10
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 00:15:17 -0800, "Magoo" <mag...@charter.net>
wrote:

Hi Tory!

I grossly understated it, yes I did.

Very well stated - he did a lot. I have to admit I forgot that, how
many high-level people came over to the LMT.

He exposed people to the truth, and it was enough to take hold.

I think the reason I said what I said is I felt like he wanted to do
more. He fought the fight as hard as anyone, when he was forced to
step away. I respected him for what he did in the movement.

xenufrance

Jan 30, 2010, 12:54:23 PM1/30/10

"Patrick Volk" <pjv...@comcast.net> a �crit dans le message de news:
57r8m5hcf822t8532...@4ax.com...
Horribke news. Sad one.

He was a good guy and certainly, despite having been a bank negociator, not
one motivated by money.

My most sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Magoo

Jan 30, 2010, 1:14:16 PM1/30/10

"Patrick Volk" <pjv...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Thanks, Patrick~~ I thought you had a bit more to that thought,
and I'm happy you shared it :)

My best,
Tory/Magoo

Roger Larsson

Jan 30, 2010, 3:13:59 PM1/30/10

Some accidents we just have to live with and make the best out of but
accidents intentionally caused by man don't have to exist. Wrong
places and wrong moments in time don't exist - only wrong kind of
people (users of Ron Hubbards tech)

Leonardo Been (Plato)

Jan 30, 2010, 3:47:08 PM1/30/10
About the responses posted by others:

When you know someone is a fool, then you will not expect intelligent

That is one of the many advantages of looking at people:

Try it out!

'

As for Bob Minton - you have no idea, nor does he himself know, what
he went through. His desire to find out about life, was minimal, and
was, by you, gladly kept so. A measure of your own Evil.

So he could not even defend his own body.

It will probably take a century or more, for you to even develop the
DESIRE to find out about life (and some are sooo Intelligent, that
they even refuse to understand this, the preceding sentence. They call
it Chinese, or such..., and being Criminal Minds, they REVERSE every-
thing, and in order not to feel THEIR desire to be stupid, they accuse
me of it - as is also extensively recorded about them).

Your desire to remain Insane, and to have others likewise, is currently
immeasurable.

Fortunately FOR OTHERS, I am wholly the opposite.

KNT hrp&p
Copyright 2010 by KNT hrp&p, conditions as usual

'

Dennis L Erlich

Jan 30, 2010, 4:41:03 PM1/30/10
Klemst*rd is just jealous that he didn't have the nerve to stand up to
the cult but rather settled and had his insurance pay off the cult.
Now all he can talk about is the money he didn't get because he had no
balls.

Speaking of which, didn't he pay off Ms Bloodybutt too, rather than
fight her suit in small claims court? Or was the suit settled in her
favor? Not quite the actions of someone who claimed to be her victim.

But then folding like a lawn-chair is his style. Now he takes
anonymous pot-shots, hiding behind real nonys good works.

And in his drunken stupor he has come to the delusion that the scienos
were really after HIM when they raided me. What a POS!

<flush>

"t_shuffle" <thorazin...@gmail.com> wrote:

--------------------

"When there's too much of nothing,
it just makes a fella mean" - B. Dylan

Monica Pignotti

Jan 30, 2010, 7:24:12 PM1/30/10
On Jan 30, 12:16 am, bleth...@commile.org (Whose Fargles Bane?) wrote:

> "t_shuffle" <thorazineshuf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >http://tinyurl.com/ydcpqnd
>
> Hell. I told him he was too fat back in 1998 when we were in Florida
> denouncing Scientology's murder of Lisa McPherson. I wonder if some
> of his problem was due to his weight. He certainly got enough
> exercise on the protest lines. }:-}

For all the differences I had with Bob, this is still very sad news.
Even though I didn't always agree with his tactics, he was gutsy and
took a courageous stance.

In doubt his weight had anything to do with his death. He was
overweight, but not obese, at least not the last time I saw him, which
was about 10 years ago. Some studies actually show that overweight but
not obese older people live longer than older people of normal weight.
The well known skeptic, Barry Beyerstein also died of sudden cardiac
death a few years ago when he was only 65. He was not at all
overweight, very fit and trim. Sometimes these things just happen and
there is nothing that could have been done differently.

Rest in peace, Bob.

Monica

Whose Fargles Bane?

Jan 30, 2010, 8:11:10 PM1/30/10
"Magoo" <mag...@charter.net> wrote:

>"Patrick Volk" <pjv...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:12:37 -0800, "t_shuffle"
>> <thorazin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>http://tinyurl.com/ydcpqnd

>> A shame. He definitely tried.
> Hi Patrick! I'd say he did more than "tried".
> He tried, and he succeeded, in many ways.

Robert actually made a positive difference in a lot of people's lives. Not
many people can say that.

Tom Klemesrud

Jan 30, 2010, 9:35:23 PM1/30/10
Dennis L Erlich wrote:
> Klemst*rd is just jealous that he didn't have the nerve to stand up to
> the cult but rather settled and had his insurance pay off the cult.
> Now all he can talk about is the money he didn't get because he had no
> balls.
>
> Speaking of which, didn't he pay off Ms Bloodybutt too, rather than
> fight her suit in small claims court? Or was the suit settled in her
> favor? Not quite the actions of someone who claimed to be her victim.
>
> But then folding like a lawn-chair is his style. Now he takes
> anonymous pot-shots, hiding behind real nonys good works.
>
> And in his drunken stupor he has come to the delusion that the scienos
> were really after HIM when they raided me. What a POS!
>
> <flush>

Jeez where's this coming from? But you are right Dennis Erlich. The
insurance company does not have the right to settle me out of lawsuits
to the detriment of my well being and reputation. That is why I have
contacted my remaining attorney in these cases, Paul Szumiak, to review
what must be done with the aid of Farmers Insurance to make whole my
best interests and reputation.

You remember Paul Dennis? Maybe he or Bruce Niehlson will be giving you
a call.

wynot

Jan 31, 2010, 11:15:10 AM1/31/10
<thorazin...@gmail.com> wrote:

>http://tinyurl.com/ydcpqnd
>

>Robert S. Minton, a retired investment banker who poured millions into
>efforts to fight the Church of Scientology in the 1990s, has died. He was
>63.

I figure I still owe Robert Minton a nice Italian dinner for the
wonderful meal we all shared after the Lisa M candle-light vigil at
the Fort Homicide in 1999. I hope Stacy knows that we all share a tiny
piece of her sorrow. He was a very good man, and the world is a lesser
place without him.

I remember how some criticized him when he stepped away from the
fight, but I respected him for knowing when further efforts could not
help. The hell this disgusting crime organization put him through was
more than I think I could have taken. I hope he found peace in these
last years away from the fight.

Godspeed Bob...

'til next time;
wynot

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away
at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack
showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,
and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone
before."

Jacob Riis

Lawrence

Feb 1, 2010, 2:29:28 AM2/1/10
"t_shuffle" <thorazin...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> http://tinyurl.com/ydcpqnd
>
> Robert S. Minton, a retired investment banker who poured millions into
> efforts to fight the Church of Scientology in the 1990s, has died. He was
> 63.

Of course the next big question that pops up
is "Who did he name as the heir to his fortune
in his will? Was it Stacy?"

Bob...rest in peace. For a little while at least.

--
Read "The Diary Of A Scientologist"

http://mysite.verizon.net/toomajan/

Larry

Jens Tingleff

Feb 1, 2010, 3:10:44 AM2/1/10

Chef Xenu

Feb 1, 2010, 4:10:09 AM2/1/10
On Feb 1, 2:29 am, "Lawrence" <gangofque...@aol.com> wrote:
> "t_shuffle" <thorazineshuf...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I never met him, but from what I have read and seen on video, I have a
feeling he made sure that Therese, the kids, and Stacy would all taken
care of. Bob Minton was a great, loving, and generous man. His words
and the video of his actions will stand as a testament to that. My
thought and prayers are with his loved ones.

Peace,
Chef Xenu

"Walking in this door the last thing in my agenda to become an active
enemy of the church of scientology, but sitting here right now, do you
think this is doing good?" - Larry Anderson
--
REB Slaughter (USN-RET)(SP V) 614-321-XENU http://www.chefxenu.net
4th (or 5th) Marcabian Invader Force Mess Saucer 1138

Lawrence

Feb 1, 2010, 5:21:05 AM2/1/10
"Chef Xenu" <chef...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 1, 2:29 am, "Lawrence" <gangofque...@aol.com> wrote:
>> "t_shuffle" <thorazineshuf...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> >http://tinyurl.com/ydcpqnd
>>
>> > Robert S. Minton, a retired investment banker who poured millions into
>> > efforts to fight the Church of Scientology in the 1990s, has died. He
>> > was
>> > 63.
>>
>> Of course the next big question that pops up
>> is "Who did he name as the heir to his fortune
>> in his will? Was it Stacy?"
>>
>> Bob...rest in peace. For a little while at least.
>>

> I never met him, but from what I have read and seen on video, I have a

> feeling he made sure that Therese, the kids, and Stacy would all taken
> care of. Bob Minton was a great, loving, and generous man. His words
> and the video of his actions will stand as a testament to that. My
> thought and prayers are with his loved ones.
>
> Peace,
> Chef Xenu

His heart was so big he had to lie about the Church of
Scientology to try and bring them to court rather than
to just live with the truth, tell it and let justice run its
course. Like Frankenstein, he's better off dead.

Ted Mayett

Feb 1, 2010, 8:42:02 AM2/1/10
I met him in March briefly during that LA picket, and then in Graham
Berry's home afterwards. He invited me to come over after the picket,
Stacey was there and insisted that I attend.

My impression of Bob was that he was not quite housebroken. This was
a guy that was a fighter, a hitter, a scrapper. I sized him up as
being stronger than appearances, coordinated and quick in reflex. And
the kind that if he attacked would use a kitchen table, a chair, or
just leap on you with arms elbows knees feet and everything all at
once.

But he was intelligent also, and not a bully at all. And he was not
the type that you had to tread carefully, he was cool, but don't even
dare to get pushy in a stupid manner.

I never believed that he folded to scientology, but rather just
shifted gears. I don't believe there is a force in this universe to
get a guy like that to submit. So he stepped out of the way of a
large rolling boulder, that is a good battle tactic, it leaves you to
fight another day.

He had the money, but fought on the picket lines without a lawyer at
hand. This seems to indicate that he preferred to fight his own
battles, which matches my impressions of his character.

No doubt that scientology management gains from his demise. And no
doubt some silent critics at some places are taking a loss from his
hidden support. He made friends and promises, and he might have had
to break off from a few, maybe. But then again maybe not. Because I
believe that his basic nature was honest and honorable.

That he was the type that if he said he would be there at 10 o'clock,
then he would be there at 10. And if you were in battle and Minton
had your back, you couldn't ask for better.

And I don't recall ever of his typing to claim to be things he was
not.

RIP Bob. If there is an afterlife with a place of rewards, in that
place is where you will be.

Andrew Robertson

Feb 1, 2010, 9:34:27 AM2/1/10

"Ted Mayett" <ars.to.t...@XXmmXXspamgourmet.com> wrote in message

>I met him in March briefly during that LA picket, and then in Graham
> Berry's home afterwards. He invited me to come over after the picket,
> Stacey was there and insisted that I attend.

Thank you for that post Ted.

Its sincerity sprang out of the screen and it was beautifully written.

Regards

Andrew

HouseSpider

Feb 1, 2010, 12:59:04 PM2/1/10
I watched Bob on Xenu TV with bemused awe at the height of the LMT
days (oddly enough I was actually just looking for sites with
RealVideo and happened upon it quite by chance). When pre-blow Magoo
jumped on my first ARS post Bob was one of the first to explain to me
wth was going on. The videos and websites he funded served as
inspiration and education to countless legions of protesters. I
lament that I never had an opportunity to knock a few back with him.
If more disgustingly wealthy old white men were so willing to throw
themselves and their money into helping the idiots and ignorant of the
world like that, we would all live in a far more peaceful and happy
world.

However, I come not to praise Bob but to bury him. You OSA clams
wanna see how to troll? Come take a peek in the basement. ARSers
with sensitive rectums should probably stay away. You remember what
happened to magoo... o_0
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/38-thunderdome/bob-minton-bitch-60686/

Anonymous

Feb 1, 2010, 2:51:56 PM2/1/10

"Dennis L Erlich" <info...@informer.org> wrote in message

> Klemst*rd is just jealous that he didn't have the nerve to stand up to
> the cult but rather settled and had his insurance pay off the cult.
> Now all he can talk about is the money he didn't get because he had no
> balls.
>
> Speaking of which, didn't he pay off Ms Bloodybutt too, rather than
> fight her suit in small claims court? Or was the suit settled in her
> favor? Not quite the actions of someone who claimed to be her victim.
>
> But then folding like a lawn-chair is his style. Now he takes
> anonymous pot-shots, hiding behind real nonys good works.
>
> And in his drunken stupor he has come to the delusion that the scienos
> were really after HIM when they raided me. What a POS!
>
> <flush>

Dennis Erlich syndrome explained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijrYU65ap_Y&annotation_id=annotation_364455&feature=iv

Message has been deleted

l.l.lipshitz

Feb 3, 2010, 11:03:22 AM2/3/10
On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 02:29:28 -0500, Lawrence <gangof...@aol.com>
wrote in <4b6682dd$1...@news2.lightlink.com>:

| "t_shuffle" <thorazin...@gmail.com> wrote in message
| > http://tinyurl.com/ydcpqnd
| >
| > Robert S. Minton, a retired investment banker who poured millions into
| > efforts to fight the Church of Scientology in the 1990s, has died. He was
| > 63.
|
| Of course the next big question that pops up
| is "Who did he name as the heir to his fortune
| in his will? Was it Stacy?"

why do you care? it's not any of your business.

| Bob...rest in peace. For a little while at least.

--
-elle
--------=[ l.l.lipshitz * elkube(at)lycos(dot)com ]=--------

usenet disproves the infinite-monkey theorem

l.l.lipshitz

Feb 3, 2010, 11:08:53 AM2/3/10
On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 05:21:05 -0500, Lawrence <gangof...@aol.com>
wrote in <4b66ab14$1...@news2.lightlink.com>:

[...]

| His heart was so big he had to lie about the Church of
| Scientology to try and bring them to court rather than
| to just live with the truth, tell it and let justice run its
| course. Like Frankenstein, he's better off dead.

what a hateful and contemptible thing to say.

Lawrence

Feb 5, 2010, 2:12:54 AM2/5/10

"l.l.lipshitz" <elk...@seesig.info> wrote in message

From your ignorant jaded viewpoint I guess that would
make me a hateful contemptible person now would it not?

If that is your biggest worry in life fuck off and die.

Lawrence

Feb 5, 2010, 2:14:08 AM2/5/10

> On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 02:29:28 -0500, Lawrence <gangof...@aol.com>
> wrote in <4b6682dd$1...@news2.lightlink.com>:
> | "t_shuffle" <thorazin...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> | > http://tinyurl.com/ydcpqnd
> | >
> | > Robert S. Minton, a retired investment banker who poured millions into
> | > efforts to fight the Church of Scientology in the 1990s, has died. He
> was
> | > 63.
> |
> | Of course the next big question that pops up
> | is "Who did he name as the heir to his fortune
> | in his will? Was it Stacy?"
>
> why do you care? it's not any of your business.

I love money.

Magoo

Jan 30, 2010, 1:14:16 PM1/30/10

"Patrick Volk" <pjv...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Thanks, Patrick~~ I thought you had a bit more to that thought,

Magoo

Jan 30, 2010, 1:14:16 PM1/30/10

"Patrick Volk" <pjv...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Thanks, Patrick~~ I thought you had a bit more to that thought,

Magoo

Jan 30, 2010, 1:14:16 PM1/30/10

"Patrick Volk" <pjv...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Thanks, Patrick~~ I thought you had a bit more to that thought,

Magoo

Jan 30, 2010, 1:14:16 PM1/30/10

Magoo

Jan 30, 2010, 1:14:16 PM1/30/10

Magoo

Jan 30, 2010, 1:14:16 PM1/30/10

Michael Reuss

Aug 20, 2010, 7:54:59 PM8/20/10
>> http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/goodnight-sweet-prince-bob-minton-60562/7/#post1142284
>> Mark Bunker:

>>Bob was my good friend.

Hmmmm, I really have been away. I had not heard about Bob's death. He
was too young!

My belated but sincere condolences go out to Stacy and to Bob's
children, and all friends and family.

Bob was a good, but flawed man. Toward the end of his fight against
Scientology, he made some bad decisions. But before he became the
prime target of the Co$, he also cared for and helped Scientologists
and ex's with his financial resources and his time, risking his own
personal comfort to do so. And like me, in opposing the totalitarian
aspects of Scientology, I think Bob thought he was helping the public
and in a way, current Scientologists, too, even if the political
confrontations we see in the public debate over these issues aren't
always easty to interpret this way when your still inside. But the
fact that Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun can be part of the chorus of
mourners bears that out, IMO.

In the end, I think Bob's biggest mistake vis-a-vis Scientology was in
making his opposition to the cult of Scientology too much about ego,
and not enough about the global political and ideological issues that
make opposition righteous. I hope that all of us survivors have
learned well from Bob's hard lesson, and won't repeat that mistake.

And if for no other reason that it will do you good, I hope those who
still bear animosity toward Bob (or Bob's memory) for his failing,
can now ease your own burden and forgive him. I'm not a Christian or
anything, but nevertheless, I believe we can feel better, less angry
if we let go of that old stuff. It doesn't mean we have to compromise
away our sense of right and wrong going forward. Please?

Finally, I hope the blown uppity-ups from Scientology (Rinder,
Rathbun, etc) will someday come completely clean about the Co$'
efforts to destroy Bob, Dell, Joan Wood, and Ken Dandar, and all the
other people they tried to destroy. After watching the Marty Rathbun
interviews, I believe there is still a whole lot of self-delusion
going on. I heard him say very little about how the "care-givers" of
Lisa M. were sent packing, about the missing pages of the logs, the
actions to break Ms. Wood, the county coroner, to get her to change
the cause of death, etc. It strains credulity for you, Mr. Rathbun,
claim you knew nothing about, or weren't involoved in those
activities. The treatment of Lisa McPherson at the hands of her
Scientology baby-watchers is not forgotten, and you aren't excused for
your part in that until you are truely remorseful for your entire part
in it, and until you try to see some justice done for Lisa McPherson
and for Bob.

Gentleman, if you're reading this, and you want to make peace with
yourselves, if you want to honor the memory of at least those good
things Bob Minton stood for, you need to face the whole ugly truth
about everything. We'll still be waiting and watching.

Dennis L Erlich

Sep 17, 2010, 12:54:05 AM9/17/10
Michael Reuss <honor...@yahoo.com> wrote:

He was a good friend to me ... up to a point. But I still tried to
steer him clear of the self-destructive, dead-end course he was bent
on pursuing. I advised him to set up a licensed half-way house that
cultists could escape to. Away from everything and everybody. Busses
outside cults with big signs to help escapees.

>Bob was a good, but flawed man. Toward the end of his fight against
>Scientology, he made some bad decisions.

Setting up shop across an alley from the cult was the prime one. But
he demanded confrontation.

>But before he became the
>prime target of the Co$, he also cared for and helped Scientologists
>and ex's with his financial resources and his time, risking his own
>personal comfort to do so.

Yes he did.

>And like me, in opposing the totalitarian
>aspects of Scientology, I think Bob thought he was helping the public
>and in a way, current Scientologists, too, even if the political
>confrontations we see in the public debate over these issues aren't
>always easty to interpret this way when your still inside. But the
>fact that Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun can be part of the chorus of
>mourners bears that out, IMO.

Those two created circumstances that directly contributed greatly to
Bob's downfall.

>In the end, I think Bob's biggest mistake vis-a-vis Scientology was in
>making his opposition to the cult of Scientology too much about ego,
>and not enough about the global political and ideological issues that
>make opposition righteous. I hope that all of us survivors have
>learned well from Bob's hard lesson, and won't repeat that mistake.
>
>And if for no other reason that it will do you good, I hope those who
>still bear animosity toward Bob (or Bob's memory) for his failing,
>can now ease your own burden and forgive him.

He never harmed me by any of his mistakes.

>I'm not a Christian or
>anything, but nevertheless, I believe we can feel better, less angry
>if we let go of that old stuff. It doesn't mean we have to compromise
>away our sense of right and wrong going forward. Please?

Sure, Michael.

>Finally, I hope the blown uppity-ups from Scientology (Rinder,
>Rathbun, etc) will someday come completely clean about the Co$'
>efforts to destroy Bob, Dell, Joan Wood, and Ken Dandar, and all the
>other people they tried to destroy. After watching the Marty Rathbun
>interviews, I believe there is still a whole lot of self-delusion
>going on. I heard him say very little about how the "care-givers" of
>Lisa M. were sent packing, about the missing pages of the logs, the
>actions to break Ms. Wood, the county coroner, to get her to change
>the cause of death, etc. It strains credulity for you, Mr. Rathbun,
>claim you knew nothing about, or weren't involoved in those
>activities. The treatment of Lisa McPherson at the hands of her
>Scientology baby-watchers is not forgotten, and you aren't excused for
>your part in that until you are truely remorseful for your entire part
>in it, and until you try to see some justice done for Lisa McPherson
>and for Bob.
>
>Gentleman, if you're reading this, and you want to make peace with
>yourselves, if you want to honor the memory of at least those good
>things Bob Minton stood for, you need to face the whole ugly truth
>about everything. We'll still be waiting and watching.

/me not holding breath

---------------------------------------

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire.

Android Cat

Sep 17, 2010, 1:18:33 AM9/17/10

>>And like me, in opposing the totalitarian
>>aspects of Scientology, I think Bob thought he was helping the public
>>and in a way, current Scientologists, too, even if the political
>>confrontations we see in the public debate over these issues aren't
>>always easty to interpret this way when your still inside. But the
>>fact that Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun can be part of the chorus of
>>mourners bears that out, IMO.
>
> Those two created circumstances that directly contributed greatly to
> Bob's downfall.

Their claims to be good chums with Bob after his fall make me want to vomit.

Was that before or after they'd left CoS (but not escaped)?

--
Ron of that ilk.

The Alien Krlll

Sep 17, 2010, 1:51:43 AM9/17/10
Dennis L Erlich wrote, On 9/16/2010 11:54 PM:

> He was a good friend to me

Yes, he gave you $25,000 tax free.

... up to a point.

Right up to THAT point where you betrayed everybody with your secret
settlement establishing, and validating, Scientology's bogus copyrights,
from which they financially survive, and victimize everybody else.

--
"ARS commentators, from Dennis Erlich through to Deana Holmes and Chris
Owen, have constantly rejected any message of cohesiveness or attempts

Skipper

Sep 17, 2010, 9:32:02 AM9/17/10
In article <i6uvld$gok$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, The Alien Krlll
<E...@Teegeeack.con> wrote:

Got that one right.

Funny what a few million dollars will do to the brain.

The Alien Krlll

Sep 17, 2010, 12:08:48 PM9/17/10

Although Erlich instructed the internet servers of the time to NOT store
his comments for historical purposes using "X-NO-ARCHIVE: YES" in hidden
headers, he is now back in full force interpreting - and trying to
re-write - history to his benefit, perhaps to placate his guilty conscience.

--
"The work I have done for many years has been strenuous, costly and
obviously effective. Tilman's stink-putting on my ministry is just

The Alien Krlll

Sep 17, 2010, 12:43:51 PM9/17/10

> He was a good friend to me ... up to a point. But I still tried to
> steer him clear of the self-destructive, dead-end course he was bent
> on pursuing. I advised him to set up a licensed half-way house that
> cultists could escape to.

Why Rev. would you advise Bob Minton to set up a licensed half-way house
for cultists to escape to, when you already told him – and the rest of
the world – that that is exactly what YOU were going to do?

[Citations]

Date: Thu, 03 Aug 95 09:07:30 -0700

I was gonna put a half-way/safe house for the culties to flee
into. Transition into society. Counselling. FindWork
programs. A six-month to one year stay go get recovery
going.
[...]

Date: 02 Jul 1998 16:56:41 EDT

Of course, once the suit is settled, and I collect from the cult, the
ministry will be looking at how to pay back the donations in some way,
set up a non-profit internet service provider, and establish a
half-way house for people coming out of cults to make the transition
back into society.

Thanks for your attention.

And be well,

Rev Dennis Erlich * * the inFormer * *
<inF...@primenet.com>
<inF...@newsguy.com>
[...]

Date: 19 Dec 1998 10:44:19 PST

BTW, with the money I collect in damages, I will be establishing
inFormer Ministry's cult recovery facility.

Lisa McPherson House. (A half-way house for ex-cultists.)

Rev Dennis Erlich * * the inFormer * *
<inF...@primenet.com>
<inF...@newsguy.com>

Rev. Dennis Erlich, it's been 15 years since you as the "ecclesiastical
leader" of inFormer Ministry promised to the world – and to the Internal
Revenue Service, in order to get taxpayer-subsidized church status –
that you would build a half-way house for cult victims.

Have you abandoned that promise? Or is plans still in the works to
build one at your Parsonage in Palm Springs California?

Or, was this attempt to say you "advised" Bob Minton to do what you
yourself promised; yet another in a long series of attempts to rewrite
history to your favor?

Skipper

Sep 17, 2010, 1:44:03 PM9/17/10
In article <i703qn$aao$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, The Alien Krlll
<E...@Teegeeack.con> wrote:

People I met in $cientology didn't change must post-cult, whether they
won battles with the cult or not. The problem was with most of them,
as they "ascended" (I use the word cynically) "up" (ditto) the "Bridge"
(to nowhere) and the closer they go to what they thought was godhood,
the more many of them because oppressive. Jeff Walker - total asshole.
Rathbun - ditto plus. Larry Wollersheim - a hustling prick with the
mind of a bully. I could go on and on. And look at how many of them are
still trying to sell super-powers or "the real $cientology" now that
the're out, with them running the "salvation" of course.

I'm kind of the same. Friends all over the world from things I've
written (books, courses about writing), helping people whenever I can,
not giving a green goddamn about the megalomaniacs and calling them on
their bullshit just like I did back in the cult - which is why I got
kicked off staff by a kangaroo court led by little prick Jon Murakami
at Celebrity Centre (he and his wife started CC Vegas). It's why I got
declared a suppressive person at least once and also why it got
reversed each time - because I'd speak up and then people would use
reason through the indoctrination and tell me "you're a good guy."

I'll see the total destruction of this evil cult, but I'll also see to
letting it be known that the assholes who profited on creating havoc in
other people's lives while in the cult, are seeking to continue to
profit while blaming others now that they have exited.

The Alien Krlll

Sep 17, 2010, 3:01:46 PM9/17/10

Graham Berry said it this way:

The financial selfishness, callousness and cowardice of so many former
Scientologists can be indescribably debilitating to those of us who
responded to their pleas for help to stand against one of the world's
most evil organizations which is fraudulently masquerading as a religion.

Second, many of the vocal critics on ARS also bear responsibility for
what Bob Minton may now feel he has to do. ARS commentators, from Dennis
Erlich through to Deana Holmes and Chris Owens, have constantly rejected

any message of cohesiveness or attempts at co-coordinated civil and
mutual self-defense. They prefer to be big mouths, swaggering egos and
loose cannons. With one careless or cavalier sentence they damage months
of painstaking work by numerous people. They second-guess, backstab,

condemn and cruelly criticize. Their facts and interpretations are often
wrong. Their language frequently foul. They ignore the fact that ARS is
regularly read by government officials reviewing what all the fuss and
complaints are about. Consequently, much of what many of us do to defend
against the common attacker (Scientology) is diminished and damaged by
certain ARS critics. For those "nutmares" this may be a part-time game
played from the comfort and safety of a home computer. For some of us in
the cruel trenches, this is an unrelenting and dangerous nightmare that
will never stop until the United States government ceases its grand
hypocrisy in these matters.

From my own perspective, I cannot over-emphasize the damage done by the
vicious backstabbing and constant in fighting by certain ARS "critics."
The battles against human slavery, fascism and communism would never
have been won if soldiers and citizens had acted alone and attacked each
other while attempting to combat the mutual enemy. Shame must be heaped
upon those of you about whom I write.

http://www.holysmoke.org/gb/gb096.htm

--
The financial selfishness, callousness and cowardice of so many former
Scientologists can be indescribably debilitating to those of us who
responded to their pleas for help ... Some of us refuse to settle with
the satanic cult of $cientology ... Whether I publicly commented upon

Jommy Cross

Sep 17, 2010, 8:24:55 PM9/17/10
On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:08:48 -0500, The Alien Krlll <E...@Teegeeack.con>
wrote in msg <i703qn$aao$1...@news.eternal-september.org>:
<snip>

>his comments for historical purposes using "X-NO-ARCHIVE: YES" in hidden
>headers,
<snip>

Who were the headers hidden from, Tom?

Ever yours in fandom,
Jommy Cross

This message brought to you by Radio Free Albemuth:
before you hallucinate

Skipper

Sep 18, 2010, 12:58:03 AM9/18/10
In article <i70dv1$lqr$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, The Alien Krlll
<E...@Teegeeack.con> wrote:

Excellent description and utterly true. Thanks.

Tigger

Sep 18, 2010, 7:28:13 AM9/18/10

Who is ......The Alien Krlll <E...@Teegeeack.con>?
Anybody know?

Does he/she have the courage to raise the curtain?

JW

Tigger

Andrew Robertson

Sep 18, 2010, 9:25:32 AM9/18/10

"Tigger" <Tiggeri...@webtv.net> wrote in message

My dear Tigger, you're not keeping up. Tom Klemesrud is currently posting
using a variety of nom de plumes ranging from 'The Alien Krill' to
'Anonymous'.

Why he doesn't just post using his real name is a mystery.

His focus at present is laying in to Dennis.

I see nothing wrong with critics squabbling amongst themselves. It's human
nature and it adds colour and variety to the newsgroup.

In case you've forgotten Tom's history there's lots about him here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Theo_Klemesrud

Regards

Andrew

> Tigger

Anonymous

Sep 18, 2010, 1:27:32 PM9/18/10

Anonymity on the Internet is here to stay, even though there is a large
outcry by those who would skewer their fellow man using Scientology
techniques and ad hominem character attacks, that they have learned and
practiced. The Scientologists are the ones who opposed anonymity. They
oppose it because they want to "KSW" -- they want to keep Scientology
working.

Anonymity on the Internet is here to stay, because without identity,
Scientology techniques, like third partying and fair gaming, cannot succeed.

Anonymity on the Internet is here to stay, because of its ability to
rein-in the Internet Bully. The Bully can only respond to a anonymous
message in three ways.

1) Respond to the content of the message in a respectable manner.

2) Respond to the message with profanity, for shock value, denigrating
the message, and belittling the messenger in a slash-and-burn attempt to
deny the messenger's right to public participation. This response
however betrays the Bully as being a profane ne'er-do-well with a
penchant for cruelty or sadism.

3) Respond by assigning a phantom identity to the messenger, (usually a
perceived enemy, or group of enemies), and attack the phantom identity
using ad hominem character attacks. This response betrays the Bully as
being deluded and paranoid, with a penchant for persecuting others.

Of course, the Internet Bully may choose not to respond at all.

All of these are acceptable to Anonymous.

-Anonymous

For criticism of Scientology go to http://www.whyweprotest.net

John Dorsay

Sep 18, 2010, 1:56:41 PM9/18/10
On 9/18/2010 1:27 PM, Anonymous wrote:
> Tigger wrote, On 9/18/2010 6:28 AM:
>>
>> Who is ......The Alien Krlll<E...@Teegeeack.con>?
>> Anybody know?
>>
>> Does he/she have the courage to raise the curtain?
>

> Anonymity on the Internet is here to stay, even though there is a
> large outcry by those who would skewer their fellow man using
> Scientology techniques and ad hominem character attacks, that they
> have learned and practiced. The Scientologists are the ones who
> opposed anonymity. They oppose it because they want to "KSW" --
> they want to keep Scientology working.

<blah blah blah>

Kooks on the internet are here to stay, even though they attract
ridicule and scorn.

Keep on kooking on, Tom.

John

The Alien Krlll

Sep 18, 2010, 2:26:26 PM9/18/10

Andrew, Tigger simply isn't able to convert the following header into a
real IP address; and then *illegally* hack the IP address/or ISP to
obtain the account's identity -- like Dennis Erlich apparently has.

From: The Alien Krlll <E...@Teegeeack.con>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: Bob Minton has passed away
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:01:46 -0500
<7si0nt...@mid.individual.net> <g$lw1IA$tDZL...@almery.demon.co.uk>
<bo2u66lq0ahi6joaj...@4ax.com>
<als5961j7uetgtkp0...@4ax.com>
<i6uvld$gok$1...@news.eternal-september.org>
<170920100632021609%skipSP...@yahoo.not>
<i703qn$aao$1...@news.eternal-september.org>
<170920101044034847%skipSP...@yahoo.not>

Andrew, I assume that you, like John d'Orsay are just repeating what
Dennis Erlich has assured you of. Unless you two are great
hackers/stalkers too?

--

The financial selfishness, callousness and cowardice of so many former
Scientologists can be indescribably debilitating to those of us who

responded to their pleas for help ... Some of us refuse to settle with

the satanic cult of $cientology ... Whether I publicly commented upon

Android Cat

Sep 18, 2010, 4:26:59 PM9/18/10
"The Alien Krlll" <E...@Teegeeack.con> wrote in message

> Andrew Robertson wrote, On 9/18/2010 8:25 AM:
>>
>> My dear Tigger, you're not keeping up. Tom Klemesrud is currently
>> posting
>> using a variety of nom de plumes ranging from 'The Alien Krill' to
>> 'Anonymous'.
>
> Andrew, Tigger simply isn't able to convert the following header into a
> real IP address; and then *illegally* hack the IP address/or ISP to obtain
> the account's identity -- like Dennis Erlich apparently has.

> posting-host="a7H3UIGThJDOsLy6dBROTw"; logging-data="22363";
> mail-complaints-to="ab...@eternal-september.org";
> posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19OjcylqbbExsX749seNL0W52L/hZoKZCQ="

What law would that be?

No hacking required to see the socks when the posting-host doesn't change,
even if it is scrambled.

Hey, if I encrypt my post with ROT-13, is it *illegal* for CoS to read it?

--
Ron of that ilk.

Better a potty mouth than a putty brain.

The Alien Krlll

Sep 18, 2010, 5:02:59 PM9/18/10
Android Cat wrote, On 9/18/2010 3:26 PM:
> change, even if it is scrambled.
>
> Hey, if I encrypt my post with ROT-13, is it *illegal* for CoS to read it?

No, it's illegal to hack a IP number, or my ISP. Tell me my IP number
Mr. Sharp? Then tell me my provider's name? Then factually prove who I
am? Then I'll admit you are the genius you portray.

John Dorsay

Sep 18, 2010, 5:13:18 PM9/18/10
On 9/18/2010 5:02 PM, The Alien Krlll wrote:
> Android Cat wrote, On 9/18/2010 3:26 PM:
>> change, even if it is scrambled.
>>
>> Hey, if I encrypt my post with ROT-13, is it *illegal* for CoS to
>> read it?
>>

> No, it's illegal to hack a IP number, or my ISP. Tell me my IP
> number Mr. Sharp? Then tell me my provider's name? Then factually
> prove who I am? Then I'll admit you are the genius you portray.

I hate to rain on your kook parade, Tom, but *nobody* hacked your ip
address. You posted a kook post VIA LIGHTLINK in response to a post
from AC. Lightlink posts originating ip addresses in PLAIN TEXT.

AC simply looked at the PLAIN TEXT HEADERS of your kook post, and
saw your PLAIN TEXT IP ADDRESS that you provided by posting via
lightlink.

For a network wizard/electrical engineer/ham radio licensee who
operated a bbs with a TCPIP gateway way back when, you seem
surprisingly oblivious to the amount of PUBLIC INFORMATION that is
easily obtained about many ip addresses, including yours. Maybe
you've never heard of whois. I find it amazing that you actually did
operate such a bbs at one time. Somebody else must have configured it.

Better call whine-one-one, kook.

John

The Alien Krlll

Sep 18, 2010, 5:18:39 PM9/18/10
John Dorsay wrote, On 9/18/2010 4:13 PM:
> from AC. Lightlink posts originating ip addresses in PLAIN TEXT.
>
> AC simply looked at the PLAIN TEXT HEADERS of your kook post, and
> saw your PLAIN TEXT IP ADDRESS that you provided by posting via
> lightlink.
>
> John

Then produce that kook post please? Tell me my ip address?

John Dorsay

Sep 18, 2010, 5:27:35 PM9/18/10
On 9/18/2010 5:18 PM, The Alien Krlll wrote:
> John Dorsay wrote, On 9/18/2010 4:13 PM:
>> from AC. Lightlink posts originating ip addresses in PLAIN TEXT.
>>
>> AC simply looked at the PLAIN TEXT HEADERS of your kook post, and
>> saw your PLAIN TEXT IP ADDRESS that you provided by posting via
>> lightlink.
>>
>> John
>
> Then produce that kook post please? Tell me my ip address?

I stopped archiving ars after Horner left. I don't have any of your
old kook posts. If you keep copies of your sent posts, it was in
reply to AC and posted via lightlink. It may have been posted back
when you first started whining that tracking your sock puppet
activity was some kind of Severe Criminal Cyberstalking (which was
itself a damn fine example of kook posts).

HTH, kook.

John

The Alien Krlll

Sep 18, 2010, 5:33:07 PM9/18/10

I see. You can't do it, like you said you could. Can Ron Sharp do it?

Do you ever tell the truth John? You seem all about insulting people
and worse - like saying a free man walking around the streets of Europe,
evaded the law and murdered his two daughters. You are some kook!

Tigger

Sep 18, 2010, 5:37:16 PM9/18/10
On Sep 18, 8:25 am, "Andrew Robertson" <a...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> "Tigger" <Tiggerinthe...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Thanks Andrew for the info. I didn't arrive on a.r.s until 2000, so
I missed most of that. Plus I now try to pay little attention to
flamewars. They are a big waste of time and the only one to benefit
is the (spit) Church of $CN.

That info. was Very interesting. At one time Tom and Dennis.
working together, seem to have done a lot to expose $CN. But
whatever happened to stop that relationship, it's all water under the
bridge now so what's your problem, Tom? Why do you use numerous fake
identities to keep badmouthing Dennis E? Did you feel betrayed or
are you just pissed because you didn't get any money?

What does Priscilla Coates have to say about the situation?

Tigger

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way
you cope with it is what makes the difference."

John Dorsay

Sep 18, 2010, 5:38:32 PM9/18/10
On 9/18/2010 5:33 PM, The Alien Krlll wrote:

> I see. You can't do it, like you said you could. Can Ron Sharp do it?

That's what I get for trying to have a rational discussion with a
kook. You posted it. You care about it. If you want to see it, find
it yourself. At NO TIME did I say I could find it, nor did I offer
to do so.

Report me to whine-one-one, kook.

> Do you ever tell the truth John? You seem all about insulting
> people and worse - like saying a free man walking around the streets
> of Europe, evaded the law and murdered his two daughters. You are
> some kook!

Did I.

Confabulate much, kook?

John

The Alien Krlll

Sep 18, 2010, 5:46:26 PM9/18/10
John Dorsay wrote, On 9/18/2010 4:27 PM:
> On 9/18/2010 5:18 PM, The Alien Krlll wrote:
>> John Dorsay wrote, On 9/18/2010 4:13 PM:
>>> from AC. Lightlink posts originating ip addresses in PLAIN TEXT.
>>>
>>> AC simply looked at the PLAIN TEXT HEADERS of your kook post, and
>>> saw your PLAIN TEXT IP ADDRESS that you provided by posting via
>>> lightlink.
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> Then produce that kook post please? Tell me my ip address?
>
> I stopped archiving ars after Horner left. I don't have any of your
> old kook posts.

But stalking John, how disingenuous -- you have access to google
don't you? Let's look at one of the "kook posts" you claim identify me.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/5edda0f069b2cc74?hl=en

Not

It kind of makes you, Ron, and Dennis Erlich look like liars.
QED. OMG.

Why do you do this John? What's you motivation? Hatred for others with
dissimilar ideas?

Dennis L Erlich

Sep 18, 2010, 5:57:11 PM9/18/10
Tigger <Tiggeri...@webtv.net> wrote:

>Thanks Andrew for the info. I didn't arrive on a.r.s until 2000, so
>I missed most of that. Plus I now try to pay little attention to
>flamewars. They are a big waste of time and the only one to benefit
>is the (spit) Church of $CN.

Put the kooks on ignore and the place becomes almost serene, Tig.

>That info. was Very interesting. At one time Tom and Dennis.
>working together, seem to have done a lot to expose $CN.

He was kinda on the sidelines a Priscilla's CAN meetings. I lived in
a room on the Coates "estate." He would come around acting like some
kinda informant for the IRS. He had an old IBM with a 5 or 10 mb
hardrive he kept in her closet. I never found out why there rather
than his own house. He asked me to watch the computer for him and
reboot when it crashed. That's what I did. And when it wouldn't
reboot cold. I shut it down. IIRC.

Later he set up the support.com BBS and walked me thru all the setup
and software installation to dial it up. He pointed me to ars and
told be go to it. "There are no rules," he said when I asked.

He pretended like he didn't know who why the cult was trying to force
him to shut my postings down. Of course he knew, because he'd been
posting to ars as Jerry Ladd even before I got on in July 1994.

>But
>whatever happened to stop that relationship, it's all water under the
>bridge now so what's your problem, Tom?

After I settled he kept calling me late at night, drunk on his ass,
blubbering on about how "we'd" changed the world. After I tol him to
quit calling me drunk, he began this attack.

>Why do you use numerous fake
>identities to keep badmouthing Dennis E?

He feels more comfortable doing it "anonymously." It's a lower
harmonic of the patented "Blue Tarp Tek."

>Did you feel betrayed or
>are you just pissed because you didn't get any money?

Yes, he has complained about that exactly.

>What does Priscilla Coates have to say about the situation?

When I talked to her about a month ago she said he'd flipped out and
was probably in ill health. She felt sorry for him. Asked me to go
easy on him because he might be dying.

On a brighter note, Priscilla, Dr. Ed and their wonderful family are
all healthy and doing well.

----------------

"At this point, if we could go back in time and get rid of the internet
altogether, I would be all for it." - Monica Pignotti, PhD (Nov 2009)

John Dorsay

Sep 18, 2010, 6:33:15 PM9/18/10
On 9/18/2010 5:46 PM, The Alien Krlll wrote:

> But stalking John, how disingenuous -- you have access to google
> don't you? Let's look at one of the "kook posts" you claim identify
> me.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/5edda0f069b2cc74?hl=en

> Not
>
> It kind of makes you, Ron, and Dennis Erlich look like liars.
> QED. OMG.

It may appear that way to kooks. To rational people, it kind of
makes you look like a kook.

The Alien Krlll

Sep 18, 2010, 7:52:06 PM9/18/10
Dennis L Erlich wrote, On 9/18/2010 4:57 PM:

> He was kinda on the sidelines a Priscilla's CAN meetings.

I was only on CAN meeting Dennis. The one that John Hochman attended.
He later became my doctor, so he can testify in these matters if need be.

I lived in
> a room on the Coates "estate."

Funny it was a house in Glendale.

He would come around acting like some
> kinda informant for the IRS.

Interesting Dennis. Because you talked to my IRS criminal investigation
division handlers, Al Lipkin, and Al Ristuccia. I believe Gerry
Armstrong will confirm this, also. Because it was I who put these IRS
agents in contact with Ed Walters in Las Vegas. Who put the agents in
contact with Michael Flynn, who put these agents in contact with Laurel
Sullivan, and Gerry Armstrong. The MCCS tapes were shortly after
revealed. This revelation had devastating effects on the church of
Scientology in many different lawsuits that followed. Only a few years
ago has Larry Brennan filled in the details of what it was like to be on
Scientology side of this. This was 1984. At that time you were living
in Omaha Nebraska working at a health spa. You are proud of that first
lukewarm insipid article that you wrote in a local weekly newspaper in
Omaha, in 1984. my my, you are so "obviously effective."

If you talked to Priscilla Coates – a Director of inFormer Ministry –
and she tells the truth, she also spoke to these IRS people, and that
can be confirmed by the TIME magazine author of the May 6, 1991 article
"Scientology: the cult of greed and power," Richard Behar.

> He had an old IBM with a 5 or 10 mb

20mb.

> hardrive he kept in her closet. I never found out why there rather
> than his own house.

Because Priscilla Coates was the regional Cult Awareness Network
director. The BBS had become so successful that I was beginning to get
asked questions about cults. So I donated the BBS to the Cult
Awareness Network.

He asked me to watch the computer for him and
> reboot when it crashed. That's what I did. And when it wouldn't
> reboot cold. I shut it down. IIRC.

This is the first time that you've put it this way, Dennis. The way the
"Cult Monitor" BBS died was a mystery. You didn't "shut it down" – it
died a mysterious death. Some people are suspicious that you killed it
because of ties with Doug Jacobsen and David Butterfield at OSA. After
all you did use some excuse for financial malfeasance to worm your way
into home of the Director of the Southern California chapter of the Cult
Awareness Network, at the exact time when the Cult Awareness Network was
being sued by Scientology, which would later bankrupt and ruin them. In
Chicago they had "Jolie Steckhart". But maybe you're right, you didn't
"shut it down," for good.

> Later he set up the support.com BBS and walked me thru all the setup
> and software installation to dial it up. He pointed me to ars and
> told be go to it. "There are no rules," he said when I asked.

Of course you couldn't have logged on to the BBS in April 21 of 1994 if
you had not read, understood and agreed to the Terms of Service. You
remember those "terms of service" Dennis? RTC entered them into
evidence in the lawsuit in which you provided the criminal impetus for.

> He pretended like he didn't know who why the cult was trying to force
> him to shut my postings down.

Sorry Dennis, I didn't have a clue of what Hubbard had written or
copyrighted. You as chief cramming officer for the cult knew exactly
everything that Hubbard had written.

I did read about 10 pages of Dianetics. So with that you are going to
drag me into a conspiracy of YOUR criminality?

> Of course he knew, because he'd been
> posting to ars as Jerry Ladd even before I got on in July 1994.

I knew exactly this Dennis: Scientology was criminal and destroyed
people's lives – it certainly has destroyed your sanity, that they were
defrauding the Internal Revenue Service, most likely fraudulently
obtained there copyrights, and perhaps even were complicit in the death
of L Ron Hubbard. They were attempting to ruin the Cult Awareness
Network. I also knew that you were at the center of how the Cult
Monitor BBS died its mysterious death, even though you were supposed to
make backups for it.

However I, or Jerry Ladd, had no idea what was copyrighted by L Ron
Hubbard. As a matter of fact the many times I questioned you on it, you
lied – at least with reference to your stipulated judgment – you told me
you were doing everything legally; that's you were a Minister of
Scientology and had every right to use its Scriptures, and the amount
that you were posting was fair use. I described to you specifically how
fair use was defined.

> After I settled he kept calling me late at night, drunk on his ass,
> blubbering on about how "we'd" changed the world. After I tol him to
> quit calling me drunk, he began this attack.

I did call you once on New Year's Eve at the turn of the millennium. Me
and my friend Dennis in Thomson Iowa were drinking a bit, it's true. He
can testify to what was said. And believe me Dennis if I said "we had
changed the world" I was talking about myself and Netcom Online
Communications Services. I wasn't talking about the instigator of the
criminal abuse of intellectual property that started all our misery.

> When I talked to her about a month ago she said he'd flipped out and
> was probably in ill health. She felt sorry for him. Asked me to go
> easy on him because he might be dying.

Looks like you Rev. Erlich are diagnosing me through something we are to
believe, Priscilla Coates said - that her and Dr. Ed would try to
diagnose me from afar, through a third party. However I don't believe
that. I believe your lying again.

> On a brighter note, Priscilla, Dr. Ed and their wonderful family are
> all healthy and doing well.

Well that's good news. You can tell them that I'm just doing fine and I
have to get back to the campfire with my friends. My pictures and my
videos are linked to my Wikipedia entry. And, Dennis, I probably have
more money than you now.

I can see how Priscilla might be a little discombobulated by all this,
because it's starting to look more and more like she was the target of
an OSA operation right in her own home. Gary Scarff has suggested that
at exactly the time when you accused him of going back to OSA.

In short Dennis, I am doing quite well, and you are one vicious liar.