Today in Scientology -- March 6th ******************************************

Scientology Today

Mar 7, 2017, 9:13:46 AM3/7/17
Today March 6th in Scientology history
======================================

The president of the Church of Scientology in Los...
March 6, 1986, Catherine Gewertz, UPI
http://www.upi.com/Archives/1986/03/06/The-president-of-the-Church-of-Scientology-in-Los/8781510469200/

LOS ANGELES -- The president of the Church of Scientology in Los
Angeles was expelled from court Thursday after he objected to the
testimony of a witness in a multimillion-dollar fraud trial against the
organization.

A bailiff quietly escorted the Rev. Ken Hoden from the courtroom after
he raised his hand in a bid to stop a witness from reading church
policy letters about auditing, the orgnization's central religious
practice.

'I object,' Hoden said. 'Someone's got to object. They're putting the
beliefs of the church on trial.'

Tags: 1980, Earle Cooley, Judge Ronald Swearinger, Ken Hoden, Lawrence
Wollersheim, Leo Champion, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Mission, Quicky

======================================

Narconon's Trash Service Halted
March 6, 1993, Michael McNutt, News OK
http://newsok.com/narconons-trash-service-halted/article/2423425

An official of a sanitation company said Friday the firm has stopped
trash and garbage pickup service for a drug and alcohol abuse center
because it failed to pay its bill.

Gary Davis, owner of Davis Sanitation of Tonkawa, said Narconon
Chilocco New Life Center has not paid its trash service bill in more
than four months.

"We just felt like we couldn't let them get behind any more than they
were," Davis said.

Davis said his company earlier this week removed its four trash
dumpsters that Narconon Chilocco had been using for its trash and
garbage.

"I don't know what they've got going on up there but we've had an awful
time," he said.

Tags: Gary Smith, Kay County, Narconon, Narconon Chilocco, Newkirk, Oklahoma
Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Oklahoma Employment
Security Commission, Tonkawa

======================================

Nightmare on the Net
March 6, 1997, Alan Prendergast, Denver Westword
http://www.westword.com/1997-03-06/news/nightmare-on-the-net/full

The confrontation escalated to new heights two years ago, when church
officials escorted by federal marshals conducted a series of raids and
seized computer equipment in California, Virginia and Colorado,
claiming that the owners had obtained unauthorized copies of the
secret, upper-level scriptures of Scientology and had distributed the
material on the Internet, in violation of copyright and trade-secret
laws ("Stalking the Net," October 4, 1995). Attorneys for Bridge
Publications and Religious Technology Center, the CSI-affiliated groups
that administer the copyrights to Hubbard's published and unpublished
writings, also sued or threatened to sue Internet service providers, an
anonymous remailer in Finland (a service that allows users to post
e-mail anonymously), and dozens of Internet users who posted excerpts
of the contested documents online -- triggering gigabytes of outrage
that have drawn free-speech activists, computer law experts, hackers
and Net-heads into the conflict.

Tags: alt.religion.scientology, alt.scientology.war, anon.penet.fi, Arnaldo
Lerma, Bob Penny, Bridge Publications, Copyright terrorists, Court, Cult
Awareness Network, David Mayo, Dennis Erlich, FACTNet, Fair Game, Germany,
Graham Berry, Greece, Helena Kobrin, Italy, Jason Scott, Judge Babcock, Judge
Brinkema, Judge John Kane, Kendrick Moxon, Lawrence Wollersheim, Legal, Lisa
McPherson, Margaret Singer, Ray Randolph, Religious Technology Center, Robert
Vaughn Young, Ron Newman, SLAPP, Steve Allen, Steven Fishman, Todd Blakely,
Tom Kelley, Washington Post

======================================

Scientology critic free after serving four months; Former Brantford resident
ordered to avoid negative contact with group
March 6, 2008, Susan Gamble, Brantford Expositor
http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=930926

It's been close to three years since Keith Henson left Brantford and
ran for the border, just ahead of the authorities who wanted to deport
him to the U.S.

The Scientology critic had lost his battle to stay in Canada.

He arrived in Canada in 2002 to avoid being jailed in the U.S. over his
anti-Scientology activities, which included picketing various sites and
posting some Scientology information on the Internet.

Tags: Canada, Keith Henson

======================================

Arms Trafficker Sentenced to 22 Years for Plot to Smuggle Shoulder-Fired
Surface-to-Air Missiles, RPGs and Other Weapons
March 6, 2009, U.S. Department of Justice, PR Newswire
http://in.sys-con.com/node/867244

Lev L. Dassin, the Acting U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of
New York, announced that Artur Solomonyan, the leader of an
international arms trafficking operation, was sentenced today to 22
years in prison for plotting to smuggle shoulder-fired surface-to-air
missiles (SAMs), rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs), anti-tank guided
missiles and other high-powered military weapons into the United States
for sale.

Tags: Artur Solomonyan, Judge Richard Holwell

======================================

Scientology Volunteer Ministries: Helping With A Hook?
March 6, 2009, Dawn Olsen, GlossLip
http://technorati.com/entertainment/glosslip/article/scientology-volunteer-ministries-helping-with-a-hook/

On 9/11 when the Red Cross was taking blood from donors to help those
injured, the Volunteer Ministries were passing out Hubbard's books.
During Katrina, when the Salvation Army was setting up shelters and
handing out blankets to those who'd been displaced from their homes,
Volunteer Ministries were busy passing out Scientology information
pamphlets and giving people water donated by others.

Tags: Touch Assist, Volunteer Ministers

======================================

Defectors Say Church of Scientology Hides Abuse
March 6, 2010, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/defectors-say-church-of-scientology-hides-abuse/

By LAURIE GOODSTEINPublished: March 6, 2010CLEARWATER, Fla

From the New York Times - click to see original article

Raised as Scientologists, Christie King Collbran and her husband,
Chris, were recruited as teenagers to work for the elite corps of staff
members who keep the Church of Scientology running, known as the Sea
Organization, or Sea Org.

Tags: 1986, 2001, 2006, 2008, Abuse, American Religious Identification
Survey, Anne Archer, Anonymous, Bridge to Total Freedom, Catholic, Chris
Collbran, Clearwater, Dallas, David Miscavige, Disconnection, E-meter,
Florida, Ideal Org, Jehovah's Witnesses, Joanie Sigal, Johannesburg, John
Travolta, Los Angeles, Malmo, Manhattan, Marc Headley, Marty Rathbun, Mormon,
Nancy Cartwright, Nashville, New York, New York Times, Operating Thetan,
Passport, Paul Haggis, Purification Rundown, Quicky, Rome, Scientology
organization, Sea Org, South Africa, St. Petersburg Times, Suppressive
Person, Sweden, Tampa, Texas, Tom Cruise, Tommy Davis, Washington, YouTube

======================================

Defectors Say Church of Scientology Hides Abuse
March 6, 2010, Laurie Goodstein, New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/us/07scientology.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

Fifty-six years after its founding by the science fiction writer L. Ron
Hubbard, who died in 1986, the church is fighting off calls by former
members for a Reformation. The defectors say Sea Org members were
repeatedly beaten by the church's chairman, David Miscavige, often
during planning meetings; pressured to have abortions; forced to work
without sleep on little pay; and held incommunicado if they wanted to
leave. The church says the defectors are lying.

Tags: American Religious Identification Survey, Anonymous, Assault, Chris
Collbran, Christie Collbran, David Miscavige, Disconnection, Freeloader Debt,
Ideal Org, Joanie Sigal, Johannesburg, Marc Headley, Marty Rathbun, Mike
Rinder, Paul Haggis, PC folders, Purification Rundown, Sea Org, South Africa,
Suppressive Person, Tommy Davis

======================================

Scientology defectors speak out
March 6, 2010, Laurie Goodstein, New York Times, Seattle Times
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2011277347_scientology07.html

Fifty-six years after its founding by the science-fiction writer L. Ron
Hubbard, who died in 1986, the church is fighting off calls by former
members for a Reformation. The defectors say Sea Org members were
repeatedly beaten by the church's chairman, David Miscavige, often
during planning meetings; pressured to have abortions; forced to work
without sleep on little pay; and held incommunicado if they wanted to
leave. The church says the defectors are lying.

Tags: David Miscavige, Sea Org

======================================

18 Daniel Montalvo's Lawsuits
March 6, 2011, Jonny Jacobsen, Infinite Complacency
http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com/2011/03/18-daniel-montalvos-lawsuits.html

-- UPDATE: SETTLED OUT OF COURT, OCTOBER 2011 --

A former Sea Org member is suing Scientology: recruited as a minor,
deprived of a proper education and exploited as child labour, he also
lost part of a finger in a workplace accident.

Another former Scientologist is suing the movement, saying he was
abandoned into their care as a five-year-old, worked minimum 40-hour
weeks from age 12 - and at 16 lost part of his right index finger in a
workplace accident.

Tags: 1996, 20/20, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, Aaron Saxton, Abortion,
Abuse, Australia, Barry Van Sickle, Bridge Publications, Cadet Org,
California, Canyon Oaks, Christopher Winter, Church of Scientology
International, Claire Headley, Clearwater, Daniel Montalvo, David Miscavige,
Disconnection, Ecuador, False imprisonment, Florida, Hemet, Hospital, Human
trafficking, Int Base, Jefferson Hawkins, John Lindstein, Kendrick Moxon,
Lawsuit, Leaving Scientology, Los Angeles, Marc Headley, Marty Rathbun,
Maureen Bolstad, Mike Henderson, Mike Rinder, Nick Xenophon, Office of
Special Affairs, Quicky, Scientology executive, Scott Pilutik, Sea Org, Sleep
deprivation

======================================

Happy Birthday Dan the Man!
March 6, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/03/06/happy-birthday-dan-the-man/

And thanks for giving me the opportunity to share one of my favorite
recordings from Jason's old friend and mentor. Pay it forward:

Tags: Quicky

======================================

Inside the Church of Scientology
March 6, 2011, Hamish Heard, Herald Sun
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/inside-the-church-of-scientology/story-fn6bfmgc-1226016528252

AFTER barely an hour in the Church of Scientology's new Melbourne
headquarters the verdict is in: I am deeply flawed.

It appears I am in denial of a deep-seated depression, I am close to
unlikable and a decade and a half of social indulgence has left me
borderline dim.

On the plus side, Mark - my new mentor in Scientology - says I have a
"can-do" attitude that, with the help of an $1800 "purification" ritual
and countless dollars spent on cult literature, is enough to put me
back on the path.

Tags: Ascot Vale, Australia, Melbourne, Paul Schofield, Purification Rundown,
Sydney, Xenu

======================================

Ex-Scientology leader Debbie Cook tells of fear and pursuit by church officers
March 6, 2012, Joe Childs, Tampa Bay Times
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/ex-scientology-leader-debbie-cook-tells-of-fear-and-pursuit-by-church/1218697

Starting new lives in San Antonio, Texas, after working decades for the
Church of Scientology, they picked up the phone in August 2009 and were
stunned when church security officer Kathy True said she and two other
staffers were in town to see them.

Could they come to the couple's home?

No, said Cook. She had thought True was coming alone. Cook suggested a
public place, a restaurant.

Tags: 2007, 2009, Angie Blankenship, California, Clearwater, David Miscavige,
Debbie Cook, Facebook, George Spencer, Int Base, Kathy True, Los Angeles,
Marty Rathbun, Mike Sutter, New Year's Eve, Nightline, Quicky, Ray Jeffrey,
San Antonio, South Carolina, Texas, Thomas C. Tobin

======================================

Past coverage of Debbie Cook and Scientology
March 6, 2012, Kristen Walbolt, Tampa Bay Times
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/talk/content/past-coverage-debbie-cook-and-scientology

Scientology sued defectors Debbie Cook and Wayne Baumgarten, and asked
a court to silence them. The case has swelled into a full-blown Texas
showdown, with lawyers for both sides filing reams of paperwork and
leveling tart accusations. Find coverage of Cook's New Year's Eve email
here and more on her testimony here. Read our investigations into
Scientology here.

Tags: Debbie Cook, New Year's Eve, Quicky, Texas, Wayne Baumgarten

======================================

Pinellas School Board Recommends Closing Charter School With Scientology Ties
March 6, 2012, John O'Conner, StateImpact Florida, NPR
http://stateimpact.npr.org/florida/2012/03/06/pinellas-school-board-recommends-closing-charter-school-with-scientology-ties/

"If corrections can not be made then I think we should close the
school," says school board member Carol Cook.

The school uses a controversial curriculum from the Church of
Scientology, first reported by the Tampa Bay Times. But school board
members said Scientology did not affect their decision.

Sarah Parker teaches 1st grade at Life Force Academy. She says the
school does not teach religion.

"I don't know anything about Scientology," says Parker, who is
Episcopal. "So to imply I was pushing Scientology. I'm sorry I wasn't."

Tags: Clearwater, Life Force Arts and Technology Academy, Sarah Parker

======================================

Pinellas school superintendent wants Scientology-tied charter school closed
March 6, 2012, Drew Harwell, Tampa Bay Times
http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/pinellas-school-superintendent-wants-scientology-tied-charter-school-closed/1217694

DUNEDIN - Pinellas school district officials said Wednesday they will
try to close the Life Force Arts and Technology Academy, a charter
elementary school criticized by parents and former teachers for using
Scientology study methods.

Life Force could become the first Pinellas school to have its charter
terminated.

A memo by Pinellas County schools superintendent John Stewart urges the
School Board to issue a 90-day notice of termination to Life Force and
criticizes its budget, discipline system and leadership.

Tags: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2016, Africa, Alfreddie Johnson, Appeal, Art of
Management, Clear, Clearwater, Cult, Dot Clark, English Bradshaw, Fort
Harrison, Hanan Islam, Jai Hinson, Jim Robinson, John Stewart, Lenor Johnson,
Life Force, Life Force Arts and Technology Academy, Louis Muhammad, Maurice
Mickens, Muhammad, Nation of Islam, Pat Harney, Pinellas County, Quicky, St.
Petersburg, Tampa, Tony Muhammad, World Literacy Crusade, Ybor City

======================================

Scientology, Deposed? Debbie Cook Goes on the Offensive (UPDATED)
March 6, 2012, Tony Ortega, Village Voice
http://www.villagevoice.com/news/scientology-deposed-debbie-cook-goes-on-the-offensive-updated-6715347

UPDATE: Joe Childs and Tom Tobin of the Tampa Bay Times have a
startling new detail about the Cook lawsuit tonight. They report that
in 2009, Cook and her husband Wayne Baumgarten were alarmed when Church
operatives showed up in San Antonio to talk to them, and, worried about
their safety, purchased a gun. Cook's attorney Ray Jeffrey says that
it's more evidence that the couple not only signed their 2007 agreement
under duress, but have been under duress ever since.

On Friday, the Church of Scientology did as promised and filed a motion
for summary judgment in its lawsuit against former executive Debbie
Cook. The church is asking the Bexar County, Texas district court to
see this lawsuit as a simple contract dispute, and one the church
deserves to win without going any further.

Tags: 1990, 1995, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, Bexar County, California, Chairman
of the Board, David Miscavige, Debbie Cook, Deposition, Florida, Hacienda
Gardens, Joe Childs, Kathy True, Laura Poitras, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder,
New Year's Eve, Quicky, Ramana Dienes-Browning, Ray Jeffrey, Roy Edroso, San
Antonio, San Antonio Current, Sea Org, Super Power Building, Tampa Bay Times,
Texas, Tom Tobin, Wayne Baumgarten

======================================

Update in Cook v Scientology Inc
March 6, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/update-in-cook-v-scientology-inc/

Turn to Tony Ortega's Runnin' Scared for the latest update on the
litigation.

Tags: Quicky, Tony Ortega

======================================

What's Wrong With This Picture?
March 6, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/whats-wrong-with-this-picture/

Tags: Quicky

======================================

Scientology Response to Federal Lawsuit: Force The Garcias to Use Church
Arbitration
March 6, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/03/06/scientology-response-to-federal-lawsuit-force-the-garcias-to-use-church-arbitration/

We've just got our hands on the Church of Scientology's response to the
federal fraud lawsuit filed by Luis and Rocio Garcia.

As we expected, Scientology is asking federal judge James Whittemore to
compel the Garcias to accept Scientology's own internal arbitration
system to resolve this dispute, and throw it out of federal court.

As in previous cases, Scientology will be trying to convince Whittemore
that the Garcias signed various agreements that they would resolve
matters through Scentology's own "ethics" system. And any attempt for a
civil court to intervene would be a violation of the church's First
Amendment rights. After the jump, we have the 25-page document.

Tags: Arbitration, First Amendment, Judge James Whittemore, Lawsuit, Luis and
Rocio Garcia, Monique Yingling, Peter Mansell, Quicky

======================================

Scientology's New Strategy: Attack of the Clones!
March 6, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/03/06/wednesday-story/

One of the things we do at the Underground Bunker is monitor
information coming in from our worldwide tipster network, trying to get
our best sense of what's happening in the Church of Scientology in real
time.

One result of that is our Sunday Funnies, our weekly feature which
shows the latest fliers and mailers going out to church members. Over
time, those fliers give us some sense of how things are going with
Scientology's constant fundraising. (And when the church is reduced to
begging $75 to sponsor a doorknob or asking members to cash in their
gold and silver, things are not looking good.)

Scientology is in a deep crisis right now, with non-celebrity,
non-wealthy members nearly tapped out from the various money-sucking
programs run by church leader David Miscavige.

Tags: 1950, 1970, 1980, 1986, 1990, 2009, 2011, Blown for Good, Bridge to
Total Freedom, Claire Headley, Clear, David Love, David Miscavige, Debbie
Cook, Dianetics, Florida, France, Freewinds, Ideal Org, Independent, Int
Base, International Association of Scientologists, Jenna Miscavige Hill, John
Sweeney, Jonny Jacobsen, Katie Holmes, Knowledge Report, L. Ron Hubbard, Luis
Garcia, Lyon, Mark Bunker, Marty Rathbun, Michael Chan, Nancy Many, Operating
Thetan, OT, OT IX, OT VIII, OT X, Paris, Pat Broeker, Paul Thomas Anderson,
Purification Rundown, Quicky, Roger Gonnet, Sea Org, Sec Check, SMERSH, Solar
Temple, Steve Cannane, Sunday Funnies, Super Power Building, Tampa Bay Times

======================================

The Decline (and Probable Fall) of the Scientology Empire - Jim Lippard
March 6, 2013, NCASVideo, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alLZWxkDf30

Jim Lippard spoke on the history of the Church of Scientology, how it
has collided with the Internet and lost control of its secrets and its
membership, and is now seeing an accelerating decline as its top
members leave for new alternatives.

Jim Lippard founded the Phoenix Skeptics in 1985, and co-founded the
Phoenix Area Skeptics Society in 2011. He's written articles and book
chapters on skeptical topics, including two articles in Skeptic
magazine on Scientology, "Scientology vs. the Internet" in 1995
(co-authored with Jeff Jacobsen) and "The Decline (and Probable Fall)
of the Scientology Empire" in 2012. He also contributed to Gordon
Stein's Encyclopedia of the Paranormal and Joe Nickell's Psychic Sleuths.

Video notes starting at 13:50: The Fraser Mansion, though referred to
by Scientology as the "founding church" from the 1970s to 2010, wasn't
the original building. The original building, at 1812 19th St. NW, is
now a museum called the L. Ron Hubbard House (though his house was
across the street), which the church acquired in 2004. The Fraser
Mansion is now Scientology's National Affairs Office.

The first use of the name "Church of Scientology" was by the Church of
Scientology founded in Camden, N.J. in Dec. 1953; the first Church of
Scientology corporation was in Los Angeles (Feb. 1954, which became the
Church of Scientology of California in 1956), the Church of Scientology
of Arizona was incorporated that same year. Hubbard's organization
while he lived in Phoenix was the Hubbard Association of
Scientologists, International (HASI), founded in Sep. 1952. All HASI
assets were folded into the Church of Scientology of California in 1966.

(Views expressed are those of the speaker and do not necessarily
represent the views of the National Capital Area Skeptics.)

Tags: 1952, 1953, 1954, 1956, 1966, 1970, 1985, 1995, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012,
Arizona, Author Services Inc, Camden, Church of Scientology of California,
Fraser Mansion, Hubbard Association of Scientologists International, Jeff
Jacobsen, Jim Lippard, L. Ron Hubbard, L. Ron Hubbard House, Los Angeles,
National Affairs Office, New Jersey, Phoenix, Skeptic magazine, Skeptics,
Video, War record

======================================

The Great Ideal Orgs Scam - Update
March 6, 2013, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/the-great-ideal-orgs-scam-update/

By Mike Rinder

The continued descent of the Church of Scientology from theta into MEST
is well illustrated by the Great Ideal Orgs Scam.

You may recall earlier posts describing the beginning of the incident
of this 3rd dynamic engram ? Buffalo org the subject of an eminent
domain action and Tampa org in a strip mall and an embarrassment to
Dear Leader who was in Clearwater to ensure his role as executive C/S
of Lisa McPherson didn't surface in the legal proceedings following her
death.

Tags: Auckland, Australia, Battle Creek, Berlin, Brussels, Buffalo, Bulawayo,
Cambridge, Canberra, Capetown, Chairman of the Board, Chicago, Cincinnati,
Clearwater, Command Intention, Commodore's Messenger Organization, David
Miscavige, DC, Denver, Disconnection, Erin Banks, Guillaume Lesevre, Harare,
Heber Jentzsch, Ideal Org, International Association of Scientologists,
Johannesburg, Kansas City, Karin Pouw, Kitchener, Kyalami Castle, L. Ron
Hubbard, Lisa McPherson, London, Long Island, Madrid, Malmo, Marc Yager,
Master at Arms, Melbourne, Mike Rinder, Moscow, Nashville, New Haven, OT,
Phoenix, Port Elizabeth, Portland, Pretoria, Quicky, Ray Mithoff, Religious
Technology Center, Rome, San Diego, Scam, Seattle, South Africa, Tampa

======================================

Scientology gets the 'America's Book of Secrets' treatment soon!
March 6, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2014/03/06/scientology-gets-the-americas-book-of-secrets-treatment-soon/

Hey, we're a little under the weather today, so we need to keep this
short. But we wanted to let you know about something that we've been
keeping secret for several months.

Now that some promos have begun running on History Channel 2, we can
reveal that the new season of America's Book of Secrets is going to
include a show completely dedicated to Scientology. For now, the
tentative date for the show is March 29.

We were interviewed at length for the show, and so were a lot of other
people our readers are very familiar with. Judging by the questions we
were asked, this show may cover a lot of ground.

Tags: Arizona, Jamie DeWolf, Quicky, UFO

======================================

Test Center Opening, Or Maybe Not...
March 6, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/test-center-opening-or-maybe-not/

To keep everyone updated on the the most important events ever that may
or may not ever happen.

It seems there is still some problem with the Hollywood Test Center.
You know the one that was promoted as being opened last Friday at 6:30
"to be in time for the Oscars crowd"?

It's just a few days away and its "not finalized". Again.

Tags: AOLA, ASHO, Celebrity Centre, Chairman of the Board, David Miscavige,
Hollywood Test Center, L. Ron Hubbard, Life Improvement Center, Los Angeles,
Quicky, Ray Mithoff, Ruth Eckerd Hall

======================================

The Latest "Catalyst For Planetary Clearing"
March 6, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-latest-catalyst-for-planetary-clearing/

Things in the world of perpetual money-grubbing move along at a rapid
clip, with a new story every week (it's tough when you have to keep
asking the same people over and over). As a result there is
hyperinflation of the hype with each new story more over-the-top than
the last one.

For 20 years the cry was to give us your money because Super Power is
going to make planetary clearing a reality. Never mind the same thing
was said about GAT I, The Basics, the Golden Age of Knowledge, Ideal
Orgs, The International Dissemination Center, BPI, the purchase of
KCET, ads on the Super Bowl and the Golden Age of Tanning Bed Tech.

Now, having soaked the suckers dry, right up to the last day, for the
SP Building, they are at it again. Now we gotta have your money for the
"LRH Hall" for "events with Chairman of the Board RTC." (Wonder why it
isn't called the Hall That Must Not Be Named or Most Magnificent Hall
For Appearances Of Glorious Dear Leader?)

Tags: 2000, Basics, Cause Resurgence Rundown, Chairman of the Board, Clear,
Criminon, David Miscavige, Field Staff Member, Flag Building, Golden Age of
Knowledge, Ideal Org, International Association of Scientologists, KCET, L.
Ron Hubbard, LRH Hall, Narconon, OT, Planetary Clearing, Quicky, Religious
Technology Center, Super Bowl, Super Power, Tampa, WISE

======================================

Brainwashing in Scientology's Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF)
March 6, 2015, Jeffrey Augustine, Scientology Money Project
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/2015/03/06/brainwashing-in-scientologys-rehabilitation-project-force-rpf/

Brainwashing in Scientology's Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF)

Stephen A. Kent, PhD

Department of Sociology

Tags: 1960, 2002, Alberta, Brainwashing, Canada, Conditions, Edmonton,
Hamburg, Hollywood, Medical, Quicky, Rehabilitation Project Force, Running
Program, Stephen A. Kent, University of Alberta, Ursula Caberta

======================================

COB Has Spoke: Pasadena Is Bestest
March 6, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/cob-has-spoke-pasadena-is-bestest/

Dear Leader has, according to the Pasadena OT Committee, deemed
Pasadena: "has the most upstat staff, the most upstat OTC members, the
most upstat public, in the most upstat area on the planet"

I suspect no other orgs have been informed of this.

If this is to "show it can be done for the rest of the world!" you
would imagine that a more typical org would be chosen... Not the
richest (and most arrogant).

Tags: AFF, Chairman of the Board, Commodore's Messenger Organization, David
Miscavige, Denver, Dianetics, Kevin Wilson, London, Malmo, Mission, OT, OT
Committee, OTC, Pasadena, Purif, Quicky, Rome, Saint Hill, Sea Org, Sterling
Management, Student Hat, Tampa

======================================

Investigator Admits Guilt in Hiring of a Hacker
March 6, 2015, Matthew Goldstein, New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/07/business/dealbook/a-guilty-plea-in-a-hacker-for-hire-case.html

The investigation of Mr. Saldarriaga and his company, Iona Research and
Security Services, could now turn attention onto some of his clients,
assuming they were aware he was hiring hackers to break into email
accounts. In a posting on an older Yahoo message board used by private
investigators, Mr. Saldarriaga said his company did work for about 20
law firms.

In recent years, federal authorities across the United States have
begun focusing on private investigation services that work with
hackers-for-hire to illegally gain access to email and social media
accounts to gather information for investigations. Authorities are
concerned that some lawyers might be working with hackers, either
directly or indirectly, to obtain information that could be helpful in
representing a client or preparing for trial.

Tags: Edwin Vargas, Emmanuela Gelpi, Eric Saldarriaga, FBI, Iona Research and
Security Services, Judge Richard Sullivan, New York City, Peter Brill,
Private investigator, Queens

======================================

Private investigator pleads guilty in NY hacker-for-hire case
March 6, 2015, Jonathan Stempel, Reuters
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/07/us-hacking-plea-idUSKBN0M300Q20150307

A private investigator pleaded guilty on Friday in New York to
conspiracy to engage in computer hacking, in what prosecutors said was
a five-year scheme to access email accounts of people his clients were
paying him to investigate.

Eric Saldarriaga, 41, of Queens, New York, entered his plea before U.S.
District Judge Richard Sullivan in Manhattan.

The defendant is scheduled to be sentenced on June 26, and under a plea
agreement could face six months in prison. His lawyer Peter Brill
declined to comment after the hearing.

Tags: 2009, 2013, 2014, Diego Rodriguez, Emmanuela Gelpi, Eric Saldarriaga,
FBI, Iona Research and Security Services, Judge Richard Sullivan, Manhattan,
New York, New York City, New York Times, Peter Brill, Private investigator,
Queens

======================================

Private Investigator Pleads Guilty in NY Hacker-For-Hire Case
March 6, 2015, Jonathan Stempel, Reuters, New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2015/03/06/us/06reuters-hacking-plea.html

A private investigator pleaded guilty on Friday in New York to
conspiracy to engage in computer hacking, in what prosecutors said was
a five-year scheme to access email accounts of people his clients were
paying him to investigate.

Eric Saldarriaga, 41, of Queens, New York, entered his plea before U.S.
District Judge Richard Sullivan in Manhattan.

The defendant is scheduled to be sentenced on June 26, and under a plea
agreement could face six months in prison. His lawyer Peter Brill
declined to comment after the hearing.

Tags: 2009, 2013, 2014, Diego Rodriguez, Emmanuela Gelpi, Eric Saldarriaga,
FBI, Iona Research and Security Services, Judge Richard Sullivan, Private
investigator

======================================

Scientology posts the (nearly) full deposition of reclusive 'Justice Chief'
Mike Ellis
March 6, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/03/06/20807/

Mike Ellis (Photo by Doug Owens) Our fevered brain is still keeping us
hunkered down in the Bunker. The cats are mixing up some nasty-smelling
elixirs they swear will make us well. We think they just enjoy seeing
us suffer.

Anyway, we only have energy for another short post today, and we
apologize if it only appeals to the truly hardcore in the Scientology
watching community. But we understand that for many former members of
the Church of Scientology, there's a big fascination for a man named
Mike Ellis, who holds the position of "International Justice Chief" of
the Church of Scientology International.

When a member is "declared" a "suppressive person" - excommunicated,
essentially - all other members of Scientology have to cut off all ties
to the "SP" or risk being declared suppressive themselves. By
Scientology policy, the only person an SP can communicate with in the
church is the International Justice Chief, or one of his "continental"
subordinates.

Tags: 1998, Church of Scientology International, Deposition, Doug Owens,
France, Garcia v. Scientology, Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the
Prison of Belief, Hollywood, International Justice Chief, Jonny Jacobsen,
Marty Rathbun, Mike Ellis, Mike Rinder, Quicky, Robert Berrington, San
Francisco, Sherman Lenske, South Africa, Suppressive Person, Ted Babbitt

======================================

Tom, Katie and Suri: A Scientology Story
March 6, 2015, Marlow Stern, Daily Beast
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/06/tom-katie-and-suri-a-scientology-story.html

Two subjects from the documentary Going Clear: Scientology and the
Prison of Belief open up about the faith's most famous practitioner,
Tom Cruise, and his Katie Holmes dilemma.

People always knew Tom Cruise was a Scientologist, but they didn't know
the extent of it. That all changed in January 2008, when a video was
released on YouTube featuring Cruise in a black turtleneck
proselytizing like a man possessed.

The nine-minute video, shown at a 2004 International Association of
Scientologists meeting, is set to the Mission: Impossible theme and
reportedly was used to attract new converts to the faith.

Tags: 2004, 2010, Alex Gibney, David Miscavige, Freedom Medal of Valor, Going
Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, HBO, International Association
of Scientologists, Jessica Feshbach, Jessica Rodriguez, John Brousseau, Katie
Holmes, LGBT, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Nicole Kidman, Office of Special
Affairs, Potential Trouble Source, Sea Org, Tom Cruise, Tony Ortega

======================================

Zac Hopkins: A Peek Inside My Cult
March 6, 2015, Jeffrey Augustine, Scientology Money Project
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/2015/03/06/zac-hopkins-a-peek-inside-my-cult/

Zac Hopkins YouTube Channel

Zac certainly captures both the surreality and fascism of Scientology I
have long attempted to convey.

Perhaps the term "Surreal Fascism" only begins to approach the
lawlessness, the goals of world conquest, and the utterly
self-serving-warping-of-reality that is the Church of Scientology.

Tags: Bridge to Total Freedom, Cult, David Miscavige, FBI, Ideal Org,
International Association of Scientologists, OT, Quicky, Scientology
organization, Sea Org, Sleep deprivation, Snow White Program, YouTube, Zac
Hopkins

======================================

(VIDEO) Critical Q&A #47
March 6, 2016, Chris Shelton, Critical Thinker at Large
http://mncriticalthinking.com/2016/03/06/video-critical-qa-47/

The weekly show where I answer questions left in the comments section
of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChri...@gmail.com.
This week, the questions I take up are:

(1) I've seen Freedom magazines and Scientology pamphlets being given
out and I'm curious as to who pays for them? I can think of two
possibilities:

a. Scientologists being expected to buy them (at steep markups) or face
being accused of not helping clear the planet.

Tags: Critic, Dianetics, Freedom magazine, Google, Mormon, Quicky,
Rehabilitation Project Force, Sea Org, Stanley Clarke, Toronto, Utah

======================================

Outfront Media Inc. of New York Capitulates to Scientology Censorship
March 6, 2016, Jeffrey Augustine, Scientology Money Project
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/2016/03/06/outfront-media-inc-of-new-york-capitulates-to-scientology-censorship/

In an exclusive reported by by Tony Ortega, Outfront Media of New York
has just, apparently, capitulated to Scientology censorship.

While HBO, Vanity Fair, CNN, ABC, CBS, BBC, the Los Angeles Times, and
so many other media companies are not afraid to take on Scientology,
Outfront Media cancelled without explanation a signed three month
contract for a billboard in Hollywood that drew attention to
Scientology's toxic policy of Disconnection.

Outfront Media, Inc. (NYSE: OUT) wants to present an image of being a
chic, hip, and edgy New York media company. However, Outright Media's
capitulation to threats from Scientology is epic fail writ large.

Tags: 1960, BBC, Chris Owen, CNN, Disconnection, Free Speech, Going Clear:
Scientology and the Prison of Belief, HBO, Hollywood, Los Angeles Times, New
York, North Korea, Outfront Media, Quicky, Scientology lawyer, Secret
Service, Tax exempt, Time Warner, Tony Ortega, Universal Declaration of Human
Rights, Vanity Fair

======================================

Scientology snags a TV news host, and other social media finds around the
world
March 6, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2016/03/06/scientology-snags-a-tv-news-host-and-other-social-media-finds-around-the-world/

(Mauricio Clark, Scientology's new get?)

Time again for Rod Keller's Scientology Social Media Review! Rod goes
way back, having kept a meticulous eye on the church since 1992. He's
well known for his indispensable "ARS Week in Review," which ran for
nine years when ARS - the Usenet newsgroup alt.religion.scientology -
was the most important daily source for Scientology news. More
recently, Rod has made a specialty of hunting down the odd and
wonderful things Scientologists post to social media. Rod is a
chronicler who piece by piece builds a highly detailed assessment of
what Scientology is doing around the world, and this is what he found
for us this week...

The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) opened a temporary
exhibit at the FES Iztacala Cultural Center in Tlalnepantla, Mexico.
The center is part of the National Autonomous University of Mexico
(UNAM), and is located in a suburb of Mexico City. The exhibit is a
portable Spanish-language version of the Psychiatry - Industry of Death
Museum in Hollywood.

Tags: 1983, 1991, 1992, 2000, alt.religion.scientology, American Saint Hill
Organization, ASHO, Author Services Inc, CCHR, Central Files, Class V,
Clearwater, Colombia, Cult, Fort Harrison, Foundation for a Drug-Free World,
Freewinds, Hawaii, Hollywood, Hubbard Management System, Hungary, Ideal Org,
Industry of Death, Johannesburg, Latvia, Los Angeles, Mark Bunker, Mary
Shuttleworth, Mauricio Clark, Mexico, Mexico City, Narconon, Police, Quicky,
Review, Riga, Robert Minton, Rod Keller, Saint Hill, Sea Org, Social Media
Review, South Africa, Tampa, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, Victoria, XENU TV,
Youth for Human Rights International

======================================

The OT Hype
March 6, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-ot-hype/

The Truman Show - pretty much the story of the world of scientology.

A lot of this promotional item is pretty familiar territory. They tend
to recirculate the "wins" because once you start saying "this handles
everything in the universe forever" it is really hard to follow it with
anything "less." So, every success begins to sound familiarly absurd.

Just a few comments on this one in particular: if it were true that you
handle "anything" with Solo NOTs "for eternity" what else IS THERE? Why
would anyone then need to do OT VIII? Or more to the point - why would
anyone need to do Super Power or the Running Program? Much less Student
Hat, Purification and Objectives?

Tags: OT, OT Phenomena, OT VIII, Purification, Quicky, Running Program,
Student Hat, Super Power

======================================

The week in radio: Oh No, Ross and Carrie!; Man Buy Cow; The Angelos and
Barry Show; Scroobius Pip's Distraction Pieces
March 6, 2016, Miranda Sawyer, The Guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/mar/06/oh-no-ross-carrie-man-buy-cow-angelos-barry-scroobius-podcasts-radio-

Anyhow, I checked out a few I'd not heard before, plus one I know well,
and I'll work my way through the others over the next few weeks. Oh No,
Ross and Carrie! is one I very much enjoyed. Part of the Maximum Fun
collection of podcasts, it features Ross Blocher and Carrie Poppy
investigating the nuttier side of American beliefs: fringe religions,
pseudo science, silly spirituality, the paranormal. Like Louis Theroux,
but without the budget (or cameras). For the past couple of shows,
they've been looking at Scientology, an oldie but a goodie. What's
great about these shows is their inclusiveness: too many double-hander
podcasts forget that they have listeners who don't always get the joke.
Blocher and Poppy are very funny, but they're also journalistic: they
talk to other people, they make notes, they explain, they don't talk
over the top of each other. There are a lot of shows to choose from:
I'd recommend the Scientology ones, as well as when they try to see if
healing oils can do anything about their friend's cerebral palsy (tune
in to find out!).

Tags: Ross and Carrie

======================================

Reefer Madness
March 6, 2017, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/reefer-madness/

Koko's gone kookoo over the "legalization of marijuana" in California
and is on some sort of crusade to get her little corner (Glendale) to
somehow secede from the rest of the state when it comes to the
notorious loco weed.

Don't they know what Ron wrote about marijuana in Dianetics The Modern
Science of Mental Health?

He railed against alcohol being legal, while marijuana is less
physically harmful and "better in the action of keeping a neurotic
producing."

Tags: California, Dianetics, Glendale, Human trafficking, Kolaleh Tabibzadeh,
Mental Health, Narconon, Quicky, Say No to Drugs

======================================

Scientology caught in a lie to federal court - but will the judge care?
March 6, 2017, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2017/03/06/scientology-caught-in-a-lie-to-federal-court-but-will-the-judge-care/

(Luis Garcia and Aaron Smith-Levin)

The latest twist in the Luis and Rocio Garcia federal fraud case
against the Church of Scientology is a new court motion asking for a
deposition to take place after the Garcias say they caught the church
lying to the court and to Judge James Whittemore.

If you've kept up on the 2013 lawsuit with us, you know that Judge
Whittemore ordered the Garcias to honor the contracts they had signed
while members of the church and take their dispute over several hundred
thousand dollars in donations to Scientology's internal "arbitration."
The Garcias would rather have their allegations hashed out in court,
but Whittemore said he couldn't dispute Scientology contracts without
violating Scientology's First Amendment rights of religious expression.

Tags: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016, A&E, Aaron Smith-Levin, Brandon Orlando,
Deposition, Ethics Officer, First Amendment, Flag Land Base, Garcia v.
Scientology, International Justice Chief, Judge James Whittemore, Leah
Remini, Luis and Rocio Garcia, Luis Garcia, Master at Arms, Mike Ellis,
Orlando, Quicky, Scientology and the Aftermath, Sea Org, Suppressive Person,
Tampa

======================================

Scientology plans control of downtown Clearwater for retail makeover
March 6, 2017, Tracey McManus, Tampa Bay Times
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/scientology-plans-control-of-downtown-clearwater-for-retail-makeover/2315501

CLEARWATER - The Church of Scientology is maneuvering to control all
downtown real estate to create a master retail district that will
operate under its management and oversight.

The plan, according to two city officials briefed by Scientology leader
David Miscavige, requires all property from Osceola to Myrtle avenues
between Drew and Pierce streets being bought by the church, its
parishioners or other owners willing to participate.

The concept involves recruiting a few major, national retailers to
anchor the district and filling the grid with handpicked businesses all
at one time, similar to how an outdoor mall is established, said
Community Redevelopment Agency Director Seth Taylor and City Manager
Bill Horne, who in October were shown renderings of the retail strategy
by Miscavige but not given copies.

Tags: 1975, 2014, Alabama, Ben Shaw, Bill Horne, Bill Jonson, Clearwater,
Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Cleveland Street, Coachman Park, David Miscavige,
Fort Harrison, Fred Edmister, Gensler, Hoyt Hamilton, Mortgage, Quicky,
Retail Strategies, Robert Potter, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Tax exempt, Urban
Land Institute, Wade Robinett, Ybor City, Zachary Thorn

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
March 6 in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/days/03-06.html