Today in Scientology -- June 27th *****************************

Scientology Today

Jun 27, 2016, 1:33:36 PM6/27/16
Today June 27th in Scientology history
======================================

Church Seeks Influence in Schools, Business, Science
June 27, 1990, Robert W. Welkos, Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-scientology062790,0,884315,full.story

Today, Scientology executives insist that the organization is
law-abiding, that the offenders have been purged and that the church
has now entered an era in which harmony has replaced hostility.

But as the movement attempts to broaden its reach, evidence is mounting
that Hubbard's devotees are engaging in practices that, while not
unlawful, have begun to stir memories of its troubled past.

Tags: Applied Scholastics, Barbara Ayash, Bill Franks, Concerned
Businessmen's Association of America, David Singer Consultants, Detox, FASE,
Gerald Lionelli, HealthMed, Jack Dirmann, Sterling Management, The Way to
Happiness, William Marcus, WISE

======================================

Courting the Power Brokers
June 27, 1990, Joel Sappell, Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-scientology062790a,0,3614832.story

"We need to be able to approach the right people in order to get things
done," wrote Heber Jentzsch, president of the Church of Scientology
International, in the newspaper Scientology Today. "We need to to find
out how to reach key people in the media, in government, in the control
points of society, the people who run things."

Tags: Heber Jentzsch, Religious Freedom Crusade

======================================

Foundation Funds Provide Assist to Celebrated Teacher Escalante
June 27, 1990, Robert W. Welkos, Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-scientology062790b,0,3680369.story

The Scientology movement's Foundation for Advancements in Science and
Education has befriended one of America's most celebrated teachers,
Jaime Escalante of Garfield High School.

Escalante is the East Los Angeles teacher profiled in the hit 1988 film
"Stand and Deliver," which chronicled his success in teaching advanced
calculus to barrio students.

Tags: FASE

======================================

Scientology's Catholic Guilt
June 27, 2005, Fresh Intelligence, Radar Online
http://www.radarmagazine.com/fresh-intelligence/2005/06/27/index.php

Before Katie Holmes' devoutly Catholic parents officially sign their
daughter over to the Church of Scientology, they might want to get in
touch with Philip J. Spickler. One of Scientology founder L. Ron
Hubbard's original disciples, Spickler is the father of Mimi Rogers,
Tom Cruise's first wife and the person responsible for recruiting him
into the cult in the mid-"80s.

Tags: Katie Holmes, Mimi Rogers, Tom Cruise

======================================

Tom Cruise discusses psychiatry, Scientology
June 27, 2005, Arts, CBC News
http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/tom-cruise-discusses-psychiatry-scientology-1.540915

In that story, the magazine asked Cruise - who helped set up a tent
staffed by Scientology ministers on the War of the Worlds set - if he
sees it as his job to recruit followers for Scientology.

"I'm a helper," he replied. "For instance, I myself have helped
hundreds of people get off drugs. In Scientology, we have the only
successful drug rehabilitation program in the world. It's called
Narconon."

"That's not correct," the interviewer responded. "Yours is never
mentioned among the recognized detox programs. Independent experts warn
against it because it is rooted in pseudo science."

"You don't understand what I am saying. It's a statistically proven
fact that there is only one successful drug rehabilitation program in
the world. Period," Cruise said.

Tags: Brooke Shields, Matt Lauer, Narconon, Steven Spielberg, Tom Cruise

======================================

Germany 1, Scientology 0
June 27, 2007, Emine Saner, The Guardian
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/jun/27/germany.features11

The German government has banned the makers of a film about a failed
assassination attempt on Adolf Hitler from shooting in the country
because its lead is Tom Cruise. And Cruise, as he has ensured everyone
knows, is a Scientologist. "[The ban] is a good thing," says Antje
Blumenthal, a Christian Democratic Union (CDU) politician who has
campaigned against Scientology in Germany. "I don't like that whenever
Tom Cruise is written about, it always says he is a Scientologist. I am
concerned it could encourage young people to join."

Tags: Antje Blumenthal, Chick Corea, Germany, Tom Cruise, Ursula Caberta,
Valkyrie

======================================

Church of Scientology buys Falls School Business Center
June 27, 2008, Nashville Business Journal
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2008/06/23/daily61.html

The Church of Scientology Religious Trust has bought the Fall School
Business Center on 8th Avenue.

The Scientology trust purchased the executive suit building at 1130 8th
Ave. S. along with adjacent properties at 1112 and 1114 8th Ave. S. for
$6 million from Fall School Associates June 26, according to records
and the Davidson County Register of Deeds.

Tags: Church of Scientology Religious Trust, Nashville, National Registry of
Historical Places, Real estate

======================================

Report lays bare the Times' bias against Scientology
June 27, 2009, Pat Harney, Letters, Tampa Bay Times
http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/letters/article1013769.ece

The St. Petersburg Times' June 24 editorial The abuse behind
Scientology's facade proves beyond doubt that any aura of objectivity
in the Times' so-called "special report" was illusory. The report
attempted to give the appearance of balance by quoting statements from
Church of Scientology representatives, but the editorial exposes this
exercise as a hollow pretense.

The editorial uncritically accepts as true statements from a handful of
former church staff without ever addressing their lack of credibility,
their underlying motivations and the voluminous evidence proving their
stories were false. These individuals lost their positions of authority
within the church for incompetence and for serious misconduct. Your
sources' statements to the Times plainly targeted the man who removed
them, David Miscavige.

Tags: 1973, 1975, 1980, 1993, Belleair, Clearwater, David Miscavige, Dunedin,
Flag Service Organization, Fort Harrison, Gabe Cazares, IRS, Jesus Christ,
Joanie Sigal, Joe Childs, Lisa McPherson, Lynn Irons, Rebecca Sjouwerman, Ron
Pollack, St. Petersburg Times, Tampa, Thomas Tobin

======================================

Scientology, critics banned from editing Wikipedia entry
June 27, 2009, Vindy.com
http://www.vindy.com/news/2009/jun/27/scientology-critics-banned-from-editing-wikipedia/?newswatch

Popular online encyclopedia Wikipedia has banned Scientology's more
vocal friends and foes from editing articles about the religion, a move
that worries some in the Internet community.

Wikipedia has blocked contributions from computers at the Church of
Scientology's Los Angeles headquarters, as well as some critics of the
religion.

Tags: Karin Pouw, Wikipedia

======================================

Slappy's Dream
June 27, 2009, TheEvilOfScientology, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRDBu2tSNsc

We all know David Miscavige has a "thing" for Tom Cruise. Here's my
rendition of one of little Dave's dreams.

Tags: David Miscavige, Video

======================================

Agape Ministries doomsday cult given tax breaks since 2000
June 27, 2010, Miles Kemp, The Advertiser
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/agape-ministries-doomsday-cult-given-tax-breaks-since-2000/story-e6frea83-1225884935756

Agape Ministries International was granted charity organisation tax
breaks from July 2000 by the Tax Office.

It was stripped of the status last month after police raided its
properties around Adelaide and seized 15 allegedly illegal firearms and
other weapons.

Tags: Agape Ministries, Australia, Australian Taxation Office, Nick Xenophon

======================================

The Bubble
June 27, 2010, Jefferson Hawkins, Leaving Scientology
https://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2010/06/27/the-bubble/

There are several films that I think every Scientologist should see.
One of them is The Truman Show, the 1998 film starring Jim Carrey. If
you haven't seen it, rent it and I think you'll get a kick out of it.

The plot centers around a reality television show, "The Truman Show,"
whose main character, Truman Burbank, has lived his entire life since
before birth in front of the cameras for the show, though he himself is
unaware of this fact. Truman's life is filmed through thousands of
hidden cameras, 24 hours a day and broadcast live around the world.
Truman's hometown of Seahaven is a complete set built under a giant
dome and populated by the show's actors and crew, allowing full control
of every aspect of Truman's life. Everything he experiences is supplied
by the show ? his "family," his "friends," his "job," the newspapers he
reads, the TV shows he watches, and so on.

To keep Truman from discovering the false reality of his life, he is
bombarded with false news reports and advertising about how dangerous
and hostile the world is outside of Seahaven, and how good and safe it
is to stay at home. Despite all these precautions, Truman begins to
notice oddities, and his sense of "cognitive dissonance" grows,
particularly after he falls in love with an extra (not part of the
script) and she tries to tell him the truth about his life. The girl
mysteriously disappears (disconnection?).

Tags: 1998, Anonymous, Burbank, David Miscavige, Ethics, Jim Carrey, L. Ron
Hubbard, OT, Quicky, Sea Org

======================================

Leader of cult detained in Fiji
June 27, 2011, Verity Edwards, The Australian
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/leader-of-cult-detained-in-fiji/story-e6frg6nf-1226082400070

In March, Customs officers uncovered ingredients for making weapons,
instruction manuals, batons and throwing stars in a shipping container
bound for Mr Leo in Fiji.

The cult leader, 53, fled to Fiji in May last year after raids on 12
Agape Ministries properties uncovered 20 illegal guns, assault batons,
detonators, fuses and more than 65,000 rounds of ammunition.

Tags: Agape Ministries, Australia, Fiji, Nick Xenophon, Rocco Leo, South
Australia

======================================

Scientology Wins a Major Award! Mind Power Vindicated! (UPDATED)
June 27, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/06/scientology_win.php

The award winner! UPDATED: Hold the presses! It turns out that another
Scientology DVD also won a major award. More info after the break!

We get some complaints in our comments from Scientologists who say that
we're a little too hard on L. Ron Hubbard's globe-spanning organization.

Just to show that we know how to give credit where it is due, we are
happy and proud to pass on the information that was sent to us by Karin
Pouw, Scientology spokeswoman, in a press release last week.

Tags: 1999, Catherine Fraser, Celebrity Centre, Chile, Dianetics, Fair Game,
Golden Era, Golden Era Productions, Google, Graham Berry, Hollywood, Jesus,
Karin Pouw, New York City, OT, Quicky, Silver, The Problems of Work, Wikipedia

======================================

Scientology's 'Martin Luther' Nails Up His Disputation: Marty Rathbun's Open
Letter to his Texas Neighbors
June 27, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/06/scientologys_ma.php

At his most powerful, Rathbun says he answered only to Scientology's
ultimate leader, David Miscavige.

Rathbun was an enforcer, a fixer, someone Miscavige could turn to when
the church was in trouble. For that reason, many church critics refuse
to forgive him for his acts, even seven years after leaving the church
and becoming one of Miscavige's chief tormentors.

Tags: 1978, 2004, 2009, Anonymous, California, David Miscavige, Fair Game,
FBI, Independent, Independent Scientologists, Ingleside, Janet Reitman, Los
Angeles, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher, Squirrel Busters, Texas

======================================

My Past Life in Scientology
June 27, 2012, Skip Press, Morton Report
http://www.themortonreport.com/home-away/life/my-past-life-in-scientology/

Within minutes, I was at the Scientology "org" (their term for
organization) and Mike had disappeared. I was the only person in a back
room listening to a lecture about "Dianetics, The Modern Science of
Mental Health." Dressed in a tan corduroy suit with a yellow shirt
(they loved that color) and dark green knit tie (ditto), bearded
lecturer Bill Johonnessen explained to me the structure of the
"reactive mind." It sounded a lot like the subconscious, but who was I
to quibble, I was stoned. I listened intently and made mental notes,
only once wondering why Bill hadn't asked whether or not I was stoned.
I felt like it was obvious.

Finally he said, "So that's how it works. Any questions?"

Tags: 1972, 1973, Alabama, William Johonnesson

======================================

Scientology Inc. Phoenix Fraud
June 27, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/scientology-inc-phoenix-fraud/

David Miscavige is apparently so out of touch that he thought that
sending me his absurd, hype-ridden press release on the Phoenix Idle
Morgue would have some sort of impingement on me. OSA sent it directly
to me.

Its text comes right out of the blocks with a misleading representation.
That is, it more than implies that the Phoenix organization has more
than 1,500 active participating members. In a photo of the scene its
caption reads "1,500 Scientologists and their friends"; while the press
release text calls it "1,500 Scientologists, friends and dignitaries."

Of course, Dave and OSA did not bother to mention in their press
release, nor in the email to me, where they got the several hundred
shills to bark approval at Miscavige's every shermanisn in Phoenix.
From the streets of LA, a seven hour drive from Phoenix. What follows
is only one of many slick promo pieces they sent out in advance of the
event recruiting LA area Scientologists for an all-nighter shilling
expedition to Phoenix:

Tags: David Miscavige, Fraud, Office of Special Affairs, Orange County,
Phoenix, Quicky, Tony Ortega

======================================

David Miscavige In His Own Words
June 27, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/david-miscavige-in-his-own-words/

Dirk Niblick just put up an interesting comment quoting from "The Wake
Up Call."

For those who may not have heard of this - though if you spent any time
in the church and attended even a single event, it is hard to imagine
you have NOT - it is one of Miscavige's favorite "accomplishments."
Written after 9/11 it was intended to be the "Come to Jesus" message
for the faithful to get busy.

It was mostly written by Dan Sherman. Miscavige wanted to put out the
issue, but did not plan on writing it himself. So, he called Marc
Yager, Greg Hughes, Guillaume Lesevre, Lyman Spurlock, Ray Mithoff,
Norman Starkey and others to his 11th floor conference room in the
Hollywood Guarantee Buildiung and spent hours explaining to them what
they were to write. Of course, nothing was acceptable, and he would
spend more hours berating them for their "incompetence" in not writing
something "like he would" (he could have written the whole thing in
about 1/10th the time he took explaining, berating and J&Ding those
executives). Eventually he called in Dan Sherman to write it for him.

Tags: 9/11, Chairman of the Board, Dan Sherman, David Miscavige, Greg Hughes,
Guillaume Lesevre, Hollywood, Ideal Org, Jesus, Lyman Spurlock, Marc Yager,
Norman Starkey, OT, OT IX, Quicky, Ray Mithoff

======================================

Dutch put Narconon on Warning
June 27, 2013, Jonny Jacobsen, Infinite Complacency
http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com/2013/06/dutch-put-narconon-on-warning.html

Dutch officials have put Narconon on warning that they are under
"enhanced supervision" - and could even face closure - after spot
checks raised concerns about patient safety.1

Narconon: put

on warning Dutch health officials have put Narconon under six months of
special monitoring because of concerns about patient safety, warning
them they could face closure if they fail to make improvements.

Tags: 2008, 2009, 2012, Canada, Casualty Contact, Claudia Arcabascio, David
Love, Detox, Dutch, France, Judge Stacey Hydrick, Karin Spaink, Narconon,
Narconon Georgia, Narconon International, Netherlands, New Life
Detoxification Program, Niacin, Oklahoma, Paris, Patrick Desmond,
Purification Rundown, Quebec, Quicky, Scam, Success rate, Tony Ortega, Trois-
Rivi?res, Underground Bunker

======================================

Judge Whittemore Sets Evidentiary Hearing in Garcia Federal Fraud Lawsuit
June 27, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/06/27/judge-whittemore-sets-evidentiary-hearing-in-garcia-federal-fraud-lawsuit/

Judge James Whittemore has scheduled an evidentiary hearing for July 24
in Luis and Rocio Garcia's federal fraud lawsuit against the Church of
Scientology.

At issue will be the church's motion to disqualify the Garcias'
attorneys - Ted Babbitt and Ronald Weil - who, the church alleges,
improperly worked with Robert Johnson, an attorney who previously
represented the church in numerous matters between 1982 and 1998.

Each side has until July 18 to turn in a list of witnesses and
exhibits, and we'll be curious to see if either side plans to subpoena
Brian Culkin (pictured), whose declaration was such an important part
of the church's motion.

Tags: 1982, 1998, Brian Culkin, Florida, Fraud, Freewinds, Judge James
Whittemore, Karen de la Carriere, Lawsuit, Luis and Rocio Garcia, Quicky,
Robert Johnson, Ronald Weil, Scott Campbell, Scott Pilutik, Super Power, Ted
Babbitt

======================================

Scientology Perfidy
June 27, 2013, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/scientology-perfidy/

The following is an excerpt from Mark Bunker's upcoming documentary
'Knowledge Report'. It is an accurate vignette of the kind of perfidy
that is common at the highest levels of corporate Scientology. Recent
events in the 'independent' field caused me to ask myself, borrowing a
phrase from the immortal Yogi Berra, "Is this deja vu all over again?"

Tags: David Miscavige, John Travolta, Knowledge Report, Mark Bunker, Quicky

======================================

The Great Decompression
June 27, 2013, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/06/27/the-great-decompression/

I borrowed, or coined by inspiration, from Viktor Frankl (Man's Search
For Meaning) the idea that decompression was the first and most
important step in recovering from the Scientology experience with an
upward trajectory. Frankl ? having himself survived years of
imprisonment in Nazi concentration camps, and attempted to help others
similarly situated upon release ? noted that an adjustment period was
critical for someone coming out of a strictly controlled environment to
a relatively free society. He likened it to a deep sea diver submerged
for several hours far beneath the surface. One must bring the diver
back out from under the tremendous pressure he has adjusted to on a
gradient basis or he will suffer from Decompression Sickness, also
known as the bends. Similarly, if a person imprisoned ? even mentally -
in inhumane conditions, conditioned to think and act in super-compliant
ways while developing all manner of deceitful (albeit as justifiable as
they may be) means to survive, comes out acting like he owns earth he
is going to be in for big, ugly and possibly devastating losses.

Over time I have exchanged observations with other counselors about a
number of folks that we guided and assisted through the Scientology
Underground Railroad - or Decompression Road. One pattern we all have
observed, and taken terrible losses on, is Scientologists entering the
family of humanity with the exclusive, arrogant and judgmental
attitudes they developed to survive in Scientology culture. All of us
have expended a great deal of resource and effort in helping to clean
up messes such attitudes have created, and in getting people who
exhibit those attitudes back on their paths after the inevitable smack
downs society tends to deliver in response. For those going through
that process now, and who are discomforted absent orientation to L. Ron
Hubbard references, everything I have noted thus far in this article is
in complete accord with Scientology notions of the efficacy of tackling
problems,development and life on a gradient scale; and even the ethics
conditions formulas (see Non- Existence condition and formula).

One of the first posts on the Milestone 2/iscientology blog ? created
largely in protest of my books and this forum ? was a piece attempting
to discredit this idea of decompression as some psych-based attempt to
belittle Operating Thetans and put people at introverted effect. It
reasoned that former Sea Org members and public OTs who bought into the
idea they could use a tad of decompression as part of their gradient
entry into the community of fellow human beings were victims of an
attempt to put them at groveling effect of the psych-indoctrinated
'wog' world. By God, the MS2ers proclaimed, we need to bring society up
to our standards, Revenimus! (In keeping perhaps with the Class VIII
indoctrination, 'you are the people who own the planet' ? see Memoirs
of a Scientology Warrior). This mentality of wanting to cling to the
inside is understandable (see e.g. the films The Shawshank Redemption
and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - I know you have all seen them,
but watch them again with the Scientology experience in mind).

Tags: Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior, Operating Thetan, OT, Quicky, Sea Org

======================================

Church of Scientology Corporate Structure
June 27, 2014, Jeffrey Augustine, Scientology Money Project
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/2014/06/27/church-of-scientology-corporate-structure/

Notes on how the Church of Scientology is actually structured.

1. As previously discussed, there is no such entity as "the Church of
Scientology." This is what the Church of Scientology itself told the
IRS:

The term "the Church of Scientology" is a term of convenience used to
refer to all of the separate and distinct legal corporations that are
referred to as "churches" and "organizations" within the Scientology
ecclesiastical hierarchy. Example: If you sign a contract for religious
services with the Flag Service Organization you agree to the following:

Tags: 1967, 1986, 1999, ABLE, Andy Porter, Church of Scientology
International, Church of Scientology of California, Church of Spiritual
Technology, Clearwater, David Miscavige, Flag Land Base, Flag Service
Organization, Florida, Freewinds, Guardian's Office, International
Association of Scientologists, IRS, L. Ron Hubbard, Legal, Mission, Narconon,
New Mexico, Office of Special Affairs, OT, Potential Trouble Source, Quicky,
Rehabilitation Project Force, Religious Technology Center, RICO, Sea Org, Sec
Check, Trementina, WISE

======================================

Here's a reminder of Scientology's Cold War origins - L. Ron Hubbard on
radiation!
June 27, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2014/06/27/heres-a-reminder-of-scientologys-cold-war-origins-l-ron-hubbard-on-radiation/

We have another video that you normally can only see inside a
Scientology "org." It's another "quote video" that the church uses to
convince members to purchase L. Ron Hubbard's lectures.

In this case, we have quite a doozy. It's a clip from Hubbard's
December 1956 "Washington Congress on Anti-Radiation & Confront," a set
of lectures which Bridge Publications sells for $150.

Here's how Bridge Publications summarizes the Congress...

Tags: 1956, 1957, All About Radiation, Bridge Publications, California, DC,
Florida, Golden Era Productions, Int Base, John Travolta, Jon Stumbke, Marc
Headley, Purification Rundown, Quicky, Radiation, Russia, Stewart Williams,
Tone Scale, Vance Woodward, Washington, White House

======================================

Ronit And Yossi Charny Speak Out
June 27, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/ronit-and-yossi-charny-speak-out/

For readers of this blog who have decided scientology is not for them,
this posting will be of no or very limited interest. But for those who
still consider themselves scientologists, those who are still "on the
fence" or "under the radar" this is information that is absolutely for
you. It is FACTS about what goes on inside the church of scientology
under the guise of "bringing spiritual freedom" and "uniting families."

Ronit and Yossi sent this message out to all their contacts yesterday.
I have waited to publish this until after they sent it out in the hope
it might reach more of the people that are its intended audience before
the black PR, whispering campaign against them begins for overtly
telling their story.

Dear Friends,

Tags: 1980, 1985, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007,
2008, Australia, Basics, Cadet Org, Celebrity, Chairman of the Board, Clear,
Clearwater, Comm Course, Commodore's Messenger Organization, Conditions,
Debbie Cook, Dianetics, Disconnection, Ethics, Field Staff Member, Flag Land
Base, Flag Service Organization, Florida, Hubbard Communication Office
Bulletin, Ideal Org, International Association of Scientologists, Israel, L.
Ron Hubbard, Marty Rathbun, Master at Arms, Mexico, Mission, New Zealand,
Office of Special Affairs, Oregon, Org Board, OT, OT 7, OT Committee, OT IV,
OT V, OT VII, Portland, Quicky, Religious Technology Center, Saint Hill
Special Briefing Course, San Francisco, Sandcastle, Sea Org, South Africa

======================================

Did Scientology hire the man sent to prison for hacking us? Not his job to
find out, judge said
June 27, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/06/27/did-scientology-hire-the-man-sent-to-prison-for-hacking-us-not-his-job-to-find-out-judge-said/

As Eric Saldarriaga was leaving a ninth-floor courtroom at the old
federal court house in New York City following his sentencing
yesterday, he was in tears.

I couldn't help wincing.

I'd just been in the courtroom myself, and had testified. The document
I had read from, my "victim impact statement," was the kind of thing a
judge uses to decide how severe a crime is. Typically, a victim is
trying to convince a judge to throw the book at a defendant.

Tags: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014, Cleveland, Daniel Noble, Eric Saldarriaga, FBI,
Judge Richard Sullivan, Judge Sullivan, Matthew Goldstein, Mike Rinder,
Minneapolis, New Jersey, New York City, New York Times, Peter Brill,
Portland, Queens, Quicky, Ray Jeffrey, Scott Pilutik, Seattle, US Attorney's
Office, USA, Vancouver, Village Voice

======================================

Private investigator gets 3 months for hacking -- but won't expose clients
June 27, 2015, Richard Morgan, New York Post
http://nypost.com/2015/06/26/private-investigator-gets-3-months-for-hacking-but-wont-expose-clients/

A New York private investigator who hacked the e-mails of dozens of
people he was investigating got jail time - but a judge stopped short
of helping to expose the clients that hired him to do their dirty work.

Manhattan federal judge Richard Sullivan sentenced Eric Saldarriaga to
three months in jail for pilfering some 60 e-mail accounts, saying he
hoped to send a message about the seriousness of cybercrime.

"Anything less than that would lead people to think ? ahh, who cares?"
Sullivan told the courtroom on Friday.

Tags: Complex Frauds and Cybercrime Unit, Eric Saldarriaga, FBI, Judge
Richard Sullivan, New York City, Preet Bharara, Private investigator, Tony
Ortega

======================================

Leah Remini is shooting a TV series about Scientology
June 27, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2016/06/27/leah-remini-is-shooting-a-tv-series-about-scientology/

We figure it's about time that we revealed what we've known for some
time about upcoming television projects that feature Scientology,
because it's getting really interesting.

We've known for more than a year that a television series about
Scientology's disconnection policy has been in production, and that it
has run into pushback by the church. (You may remember an earlier story
about Karen de la Carriere receiving a threat letter from Scientology,
even though she's not involved in the production of the series.) We
actually know quite a bit about this series, but we've done a little
consulting work for the company producing it, and we're not at liberty
to tell you much about it.

But what's especially exciting for Scientology watchers is that the
same network is also developing another series, also about the way
Scientology rips apart families, and this one is being produced by
former Scientology celebrity Leah Remini. We broke the news in 2013
that Leah ditched Scientology, which she had grown up in. The King of
Queens actress came out with a bestselling memoir last November,
Troublemaker, with juicy anecdotes about what it was like to be a
celebrity in a celebrity-obsessed church.

Tags: 2013, David Miscavige, Disconnection, Karen de la Carriere, King of
Queens, Leah Remini, Maiden Voyage, Mark Bunker, Quicky, Scientology celebrity

======================================

The Survival Rundown - The Latest Scam
June 27, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-survival-rundown-the-latest-scam/

Another in the continuing series of thought provoking posts from Terra
Cognita.

TC's previous posts: Communication in Scientology... Or Not, Am I Still
A Thetan?, To Be Or Not To Be, An Evaluation of Scientology, Fear: That
Which Drives Scientology and Justification and Rationalization.

The Survival Rundown ? David Miscavige's Latest Scam

Tags: 1950, 1955, 1957, 1960, 1975, 1982, Auditing, Chairman of the Board,
David Miscavige, DC, Dianetics, End Phenomena, Golden Age of Tech, Greece,
Hubbard Communication Office Bulletin, Keep Scientology Working, L. Ron
Hubbard, Master at Arms, OT, OT 7, OT 8, Quicky, Saint Hill, Scam, Sea Org,
Survival Rundown

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
June 27 in Scientlology web page: