Today in Scientology -- July 6th ******************************************

Scientology Today

Jul 6, 2017, 11:57:53 PM7/6/17
Today July 6th in Scientology history
=====================================

FBI Raid on L.A. Scientologists Upheld
July 6, 1978, Timothy S. Robinson, Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1978/07/06/fbi-raid-on-la-scientologists-upheld/87a4e31b-104e-4e76-8b4e-6a4b76abc310/?utm_term=.9da31c8244f1

A federal judge upheld yesterday a massive FBI search of two large
Church of Scientology headquarters buildings in Los Angeles last July
8, claiming it was "reasonable and properly limited" although directed
at a religious organization.

If upheld on appeal, the ruling clears the way for federal prosecutors
to present documents seized in the Los Angeles raid to a federal grand
jury in Washington. That jury is investigating alleged criminal
activities by members of the church's hierarchy.

U.S. District Judge Malcolm Lucas delayed the effectiveness of his
order for 24 hours to give church attorneys time to seek immediate
action by the U.S. Court of Appeals that could block further use of the
documents in the federal investigation.

Tags: 1977, Better Business Bureau, Burglary, Cedars of Lebanon, Dupont
Circle, FBI, Fifield Manor, First Amendment, Hospital, Judge Malcolm Lucas,
Judge William Bryant, Los Angeles, Quicky, Raid, Red Box, US Court of
Appeals, US Supreme Court, Washington

=====================================

Editor Says He'll Go to Jail Rather Than Pay Legal Costs
July 6, 1992, Associated Press
http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1992/Publishers-Editors-Managing-Editors-/id-6bf7c7abc0777ca8b6d5916c0ca6521a

A weekly newspapers editor says he'll go to jail rather than pay the
court costs incurred by a drug-treatment center when it forced him to
disclose information about sources for stories on the program.

"I just cannot in good faith pay for this," said Robert Lobsinger,
editor of the Newkirk Herald Journal. "If they come and get me and take
me to jail, I guess that's what will happen. But there's a principle."

On June 9, District Judge Daniel Owens in Oklahoma County ordered
Lobsinger to pay $2,150 in attorney fees to the center, Narconon
Chilocco.

Tags: Bob Lobsinger, Garry Bilger, Judge Daniel Owens, Judge Leamon Freeman,
Narconon Chilocco, Newkirk, Newkirk Herald Journal, Oklahoma, Oklahoma Board
of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Oklahoma County

=====================================

Scientology takes mission to the streets
July 6, 2003, Robert Farley, St. Petersburg Times
http://www.sptimes.com/2003/07/06/Tampabay/Scientology_takes_its.shtml

A group of high-ranking Scientologists, concerned the church's Tampa
facilities aren't up to snuff, is investing more than $2.5- million to
buy a second cigar factory in West Tampa and to lease and renovate a
two-story building on one of the hottest corners in Ybor City.

The church's three properties, staffed by nearly 100 people, will be
the base for Scientology's most aggressive appeal for members to the
Tampa Bay community.

Tags: Ana Tirabassi, Ben Shaw, Body routing, Clearwater, Detox, Dianetics,
Life Improvement Center, Los Angeles, Louise Cournoyer, OT, Peggy Guigon,
Purif, Real estate, Review, Sea Org, Sunday service, Tampa, Wayne Fuller,
Ybor City

=====================================

A Method To Cruise's Madness?
July 6, 2005, Fresh Intelligence, Radar Online
http://web.archive.org/web/20070606080742/http://www.radaronline.com/fresh-intelligence/2005/07/06/a-method-to-cruises-madness.php

From the looks of it, Tom Cruise's televised crackup is actually
helping the Church of Scientology's recruitment efforts. Since he
declared his eternal love for Katie Holmes in early May, visits to the
Church's official website have shot up 263 percent to a peak of 375,000
visitors per day last week, according to site traffic tracker alexa.

Tags: John Carmichael, Tom Cruise

=====================================

People in the News: Cruise finds religion; others find fault
July 6, 2005, Seattle Post-Intelligencer
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/people/231303_people06.html

What up with Tom Cruise?

Even Rosie O'Donnell's ticked off, and she's a friend.

MSNBC says O'Donnell chided Cruise's crusade against psychiatry and
psychiatric drugs on her blog, saying she felt like upping her meds
after seeing him carry on.

Tags: Celebrity Centre, Jessica Alba, Kate Bosworth, Katie Holmes, Lindsay
Lohan, Rosie O'Donnell, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Cruise

=====================================

Scientologist takes umbrage at remark
July 6, 2008, Rex Fowler, Letters to the Editor, Rocky Mountain News
https://web.archive.org/web/20080710080232/http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/06/scientologist-takes-umbrage-at-remark/

I am very proud to be a Scientologist. I have been active in my church,
here in Colorado, since 1974. When the people of Windsor needed help,
my friends and I were among those helping. We gave out water and sports
drinks to the workers and the residents. We co-hosted a free outdoor
dinner for residents and relief workers and served 350 people.

As a minister of our church, I listened to stories by residents who
needed someone to talk to.

Tags: Denver

=====================================

Scientology stops disabled woman from walking home
July 6, 2008, whythemask, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP6CHGdnLEQ

July 5th 2008 was the premier of the OT Celebration and Freewinds
Maiden Voyage in Los Angeles, CA. Scientology was scared that Anonymous
would show up and spread truth to it's members; their only defense
would be to abuse the city's permits dept and block off a ridiculous
amount of space, restricting access to a residential neighborhood as
well as a HOSPITAL. In doing so they attempt to stop a 61 year old
disabled woman in a walker from using the sidewalk to go home.
Unfortunately for them she has balls of steel and tells them exactly
where they can stuff it.

UPDATE: Sorry, it was late and I flubbed.. the hidden osa guy is Ed
Parkin (not perkins)

www.socalanon.com

Tags: Anonymous, Bad People, Ed Parkin, Freewinds, Los Angeles, Maiden
Voyage, OT, PITA, Quicky

=====================================

FLEOA, Vincent D'Onofrio Support Detox Program for Meth Cops
July 6, 2010, Police Magazine
http://www.policemag.com/channel/patrol/news/2010/07/06/fleoa-vincent-d-onofrio-support-detox-program-for-meth-cops.aspx

Sandra Lucas, director of the Utah Meth Cops Project, attended the
FLEOA conference and discussed its success rate. It has a 75 percent
reduction in symptoms and an increase in quality of life that allows
many participants to return to work. Previously fit officers who could
barely walk because of breathing problems and other symptoms now lead
normal lives.

Lucas worked with Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff to spearhead the
project and acquire grants and other funding to get it off the ground.
She is currently working to expand the program and to raise additional
funds so that no first responder will have to pay to get well.

Tags: 2007, 9/11, Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, Heroes Health
Fund, Mark Shurtleff, New York City, New York Rescue Workers Detoxification
Project, Ooze towel, Sandra Lucas, Utah, Utah Meth Cops Project, Vincent
D'Onofrio

=====================================

Freedumb Magazine
July 6, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/07/06/freedumb-magazine/

Update, 7 July a.m.: http://www.businessinsider.
com/church-of-scientology-hiring-job-posting-2011-7

Update, 7:30 pm 6 July: Village Voice's Tony Ortega hits another nail
on the head. He's become quite the carpenter. http://blogs.villagevoice.
com/runninscared/2011/07/out-of-work_jou.php

Now that the Squirrel Busters have been busted by the American public
in a small Texas town as chronicled in the Corpus Christi Caller Times,
and about to be chronicled in even larger publications, Cult boss
Miscavige is apparently fixin' to switch out the bustees with Freedumb
"reporters." Check this out this current ad on journalismjobs.com.

Tags: 1968, California, Company, Corpus Christi, Cult, David Miscavige,
Freedom magazine, Los Angeles, New York, Quicky, Squirrel Busters, Texas,
Tony Ortega, Twitter, Village Voice

=====================================

indies and stats
July 6, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/07/06/indies-and-stats/

2011 group photo 90 folks up from 48 in last years. Number of people
willing and able to travel from 19 states and 4 foreign countries
(including France, UK, Australia and Canada) and manage to make it to
the photo shoot.

Today also marks the Four Millionth visit to this site.

Current Alexa Blog Stats:

Tags: Australia, Canada, Corpus Christi, David Miscavige, Dianetics, France,
Quicky, UK

=====================================

Out-of-Work Journalists: Want to do Scientology's Dirty Work?
July 6, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/07/out-of-work_jou.php

We know things in the newspaper and magazine rackets are really grim
right now. Every time we put up a job opening, we get hundreds of
applications from folks looking for work. (Hey, and we're about to put
up another one, for copy chief, so all of you copy editors out there,
get your resumes ready and keep an eye out for our imminent ad.)

But are things so bad that you'd be willing to go to work for
Scientology, and do its dirty work by writing for its Freedom Magazine?

Marty Rathbun today spotted this ad at JournalismJobs.com, and we can't
blame him for thinking this represents another shift in Scientology's
ongoing attack against him.

Tags: 2009, Corpus Christi, David Miscavige, Freedom magazine, Howard Kurtz,
Joe Childs, Journalist, Los Angeles, Marty Rathbun, Neil Brown, New York,
Pulitzer Prize, Quicky, St. Petersburg Times, Texas, Thomas C. Tobin

=====================================

5 Things You Don't Know About Scientology Leader David Miscavige
July 6, 2012, Allison Corneau, US Weekly
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/5-things-you-dont-know-about-scientology-leader-david-miscavige-201257

When Tom Cruise swapped vows with Katie Holmes on November 18, 2006, at
Italy's famed Odescalchi Castle, celebs including Jennifer Lopez, Will
Smith and Victoria Beckham looked on, but perhaps the closest friend
present at the superstar nuptials was none other than his best man,
David Miscavige.

As the head of the Church of Scientology, Miscavige proved to be a
shoulder to lean on for Cruise, now 50, a longtime member of the
organization. As Cruise's wife, 33, filed to divorce the Oblivion actor
after five years of marriage, Us Weekly uncovers need-to-know info
about the 52-year-old once described by the U.K.'s Sun as the "third
person" in the Cruise-Holmes union.

Tags: 2006, 2007, Commodore's Messenger Organization, David Miscavige, Jenna
Miscavige Hill, Jennifer Lopez, Katie Holmes, L. Ron Hubbard, Philadelphia,
Sea Org, Shelly Miscavige, Tom Cruise, Victoria Beckham, Will Smith

=====================================

Israel Goes Independent
July 6, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/israel-goes-independent/

The most productive and influential Scientology organization in Israel
has declared independence from the Miscavige tyranny. The Village Voice
broke the story early this morning, Israel Awakens by Tony Ortega.

The Dror (Hebrew for Freedom!) Center of Haifa is operated by the
dynamic duo Dani and Tami Lemberger. You may remember Tami as the
international field auditor of the year for the years 2000 and 2002.
Dani is just as legendary in his own right as an administrator. Dani
managed to keep Haifa out from under Miscavige's boot sufficiently
enouch to continue high levels of Scientology delivery during the past
decade when Miscavige has managed to destroy almost every other
Scientology organization affiliated with Scientology Inc.

The Scientologists of Israel do not look to the glitzy, empty Tel Aviv
Idle Morgue for direction. They look to the Lemberger's and the Dror
Center, where Scientology continues to be delivered in abundance -
despite management's best efforts to choke it to death. Dani and Tami
have pried Scientology Inc leader David Miscavige's fingers off their
necks so that they can now really get the show on the road.

Tags: 2000, 2002, Class V, Clear, David Miscavige, Disconnection, Dror
Center, Haifa, Independent, Israel, Quicky, Russia, Scientology organization,
Sea Org, Tami Lemberger, Tel Aviv, Texas, Tony Ortega, Village Voice

=====================================

It's getting nasty: Tom Cruise says Scientology WASN'T behind split as
divorce war with Katie Holmes heats up
July 6, 2012, Donna Mcconnell, Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2169595/Tom-Cruise-Katie-Holmes-divorce-2012-Cruise-says-Scientology-WASNT-split-divorce-war-Katie-heats-up.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

BBC yesterday about the impending battle between the couple and their
fight for custody of Suri, six.

And in a thinly veiled attack on the former Dawson's Creek actress, he
said: 'We are letting 'the other side' (Katie and her team), play the
media until they wear everyone out and then we'll have something to say.
'

Split: Katie Holmes, pictured today shopping, has been accused of
manipulating the media

Tags: 1993, 2005, BBC, BBC Radio, Bert Fields, California, China, Dennis
Wasser, Hollywood, Katie Holmes, Los Angeles, Michael Jackson, New York, New
York City, Quicky, TMZ, Tom Cruise

=====================================

President Scientology Inc's Son Dies - Cover Up
July 6, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/president-scientology-incs-son-dies-cover-up/

Alexander Jentzsch, the son of Class XII independent Scientologist
Karen De La Carriere and the President of the Church of Scientology
International Heber Jentzsch, died three days ago. Alexander died of a
'high fever' in the San Fernando Valley home of the corporate
Scientologist parents of Alexander's wife. None of those corporate
Scientologists had the courage to violate Scientology Inc head David
Miscavige's stern disconnection dictates to inform Karen, Alexander's
aggrieved mother. Karen only learned of the tragedy through Independent
Scientologists' lines of communication into the cult culture of
corporate Scientology. Alexander had worked as an OSA (Office of
Special Affairs, the dirty tricks and propaganda wing of Scientology
Inc.) informant against his mother. Nonetheless, and needless to say,
Karen is devastated by the news. Karen is at this moment attempting to
overcome the LA County Coroner's initial decision not to allow her to
view her son's body. According to the Coroner Alexander's body has been
lying in the morgue for three days with no visitation or viewing by any
family members. Tony Ortega at the Village Voice is providing ongoing
coverage.

Mosey and I have communicated our condolences to Karen.

We are posting immediately so that as much collective, clean intention
as possible can be mustered to assist her in her ongoing quest to
determine the cause and circumstances of her only son's death.

Tags: Alexander Jentzsch, Church of Scientology International, David
Miscavige, Disconnection, Heber Jentzsch, Independent Scientologists, Karen
de la Carriere, Office of Special Affairs, Quicky, San Fernando Valley, Tony
Ortega, Village Voice

=====================================

Scientologists urge followers to 'take action' as Katie Holmes' split from
Tom Cruise is the 'biggest nightmare the Church has ever seen'
July 6, 2012, Meghan Keneally, Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2169568/Tom-Cruise-Katie-Holmes-divorce-Scientologists-urge-followers-action-negative-reports.html

In light of the rumors that Cruise' devotion to Scientology- and his
supposed desire to enrol Suri in one of the religion's intense boot
camps - was one of the main causes for their split, two senior Church
administrators sent a panicked email giving followers advice on how to
counter the negative press storm.

The letter comes the day after one of the most noted 'defectors' from
the religion predicted that Cruise' latest divorce could be the
'biggest nightmare in the Church of Scientology's history' because of
the drama that could unfold if secrets are publicly revealed in court.

Tags: 2001, 2004, Amy Scobee, Bert Fields, California, Catholic, Daniel
Lattanzi, David Miscavige, Divorce, Hollywood, Hollywood Reporter, Karen de
la Carriere, Katie Holmes, Madrid, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Moving On Up a
Little Higher, New Jersey, New York, Nicole Kidman, Office of Special
Affairs, Radar Online, Tom Cruise

=====================================

Scientologists urge members to 'fight back' after nightmare week over Tom
Cruise and Katie Holmes' split
July 6, 2012, Christina Boyle, NY Daily News
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/scientology-fights-back-katie-holmes-tom-cruise-divorce-article-1.1109032?localLinksEnabled=false

It was distributed by the Office of Special Affairs, which Rathbun
describes as the "dirty tricks and propaganda arm of Scientology Inc."

In it, recipients are given details of ways to take action against
derogatory online messages which have flooded cyberspace since Cruise,
a passionate Scientologist, discovered his wife was leaving him.

Members are urged to scour the Internet for offensive statements and
report them to website monitors with a note explaining the comments are
in violation of the code of conduct.

"If [there] is only one person (me) reporting these issues, the
moderator at Microsoft will not take the comment off," Lattanzi writes
in the email. "If you start to have 10 or 20 people reporting it, they
are going to take this down."

Tags: Daniele Lattanzi, Katie Holmes, Marty Rathbun, Office of Special
Affairs, Tom Cruise

=====================================

SCIENTOLOGY CRUMBLING: An Entire Church Mission Defects as David Miscavige
Faces Leadership Crisis
July 6, 2012, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/07/scientology_dani_lemberger.php?page=all

But now, for the first time in memory, an entire mission has announced
that it is defecting from the church en masse.

Israel's Dror Center, in Haifa, announced in a lengthy statement that
it is rejecting the leadership of David Miscavige and the official
church. It now plans to become a part of the burgeoning "independent
Scientology" movement. (We sent a request for comment to the Church of
Scientology's media office Wednesday evening, but our message has not
been answered.)

Tags: 1980, 1990, 1992, 2000, 2002, 2009, Amy Scobee, Aviv Bershadsky, Bridge
to Total Freedom, Dani Lemberger, David Miscavige, Debbie Cook, Dror Center,
Ethics, Europe, Fair Game, Frank Oliver, Freedom magazine, Haifa, Israel,
Marty Rathbun, Mission, New Year's Eve, Office of Special Affairs, Squirrel
Busters, Suppressive Person, Tami Lemberger, Tampa, Tampa Bay Times, Tel
Aviv, Texas, Tom DeVocht

=====================================

Tom Cruise Divorce: What Would Suri's Life Be Like in Scientology?
July 6, 2012, Elizabeth Leonard, People
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20609629,00.html

Katie Holmes "has always been more of a Catholic than a Scientologist,"
a source tells PEOPLE, and the desire to make decisions on education
and religion for 6-year-old Suri may have influenced her move for sole
legal custody. Other sources maintain that Scientology is not an issue
in the split. Tom Cruise, who has not yet answered Holmes's divorce
filing, is a longtime Scientologist and advocate for the
sometimes-controversial church, and his older children, Bella, 19, and
Connor, 17, were raised in Scientology.

So what is life like for a child being raised in the church - and what
would be next for Suri if Scientology stays part of her life? The
influence starts early: Scientologists encourage a pregnant woman to
have a "quiet birth" to prevent unwanted emotions and irrational fears
from being recorded in a child's subconscious mind. Cruise told GQ in
2006, "It's really about respecting the woman. You want to keep things
as calm as possible."

adFactory.getCmAd(600, 30, "articlecontext", "text").write();

Tags: 1950, 2006, Auditing, Catholic, Dianetics, Divorce, E-meter, Florida,
GQ, Karin Pouw, Katie Holmes, Leah Remini, Los Angeles, Marriage, OT,
Paulette Cooper, Quicky, Reuters, Sea Org, Sec Check, The Scandal of
Scientology, Tom Cruise, Village Voice

=====================================

Best Account of Life in Scientology? Jon Atack Makes the Case for Counterfeit
Dreams
July 6, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/07/06/best-account-of-life-in-scientology-jon-atack-makes-the-case-for-counterfeit-dreams/

Jon Atack is the author of A Piece of Blue Sky, one of the very best
books on L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology. He now has a new edition of
the book out, and on Saturdays he's helping us sift through the
legends, myths, and contested facts about Scientology that tend to get
hashed and rehashed in books, articles, and especially on the Internet.

This week, Jon sent us some thoughts about books written by people who
had left Scientology and then described their experiences. We were
pleased to see him single out for praise a book that we've also held in
high esteem.

JON: There have been several excellent first-hand accounts of life in
Scientology, starting in 1951, with Dr. Joseph Winter's balanced (and
exasperated) Doctor's Report on Dianetics, which was commissioned by
Art Ceppos, after he stopped publication of L. Ron Hubbard's Dianetics:
The Modern Science of Mental Health, having realized that it was
fraudulent (who ever heard of a publisher canning a best-seller?).
Helen O'Brien's Dianetics in Limbo is heart-rending. She headed the
Hubbard organization during the Philadelphia 'Doctorate' Course, but
only managed to find 38 people keen enough on Hubbard to attend. The
description of her partner's descent into suicide, because Hubbard's
'Tech' failed to help him, is particularly disturbing.

Tags: 1951, 1968, 1971, 1972, 2005, 2008, A Piece of Blue Sky, Anonymous, Art
Ceppos, Big Blue, Chuck Beatty, Copenhagen, Counterfeit Dreams, Cyril Vosper,
David Miscavige, Dianetics, Dianetics in Limbo, Doctor, Edinburgh, Helen
O'Brien, Ideal Org, Jefferson Hawkins, Jenna Miscavige Hill, Jon Atack,
Joseph Winter, Karen de la Carriere, Margery Wakefield, Mental Health, New
York Times, OT III, Philadelphia, Quicky, Robert Kaufman, Russell Miller,
Scott Campbell, Sea Org, South Park, Suppressive Person, The Mindbenders, Xenu

=====================================

Define Your Life...
July 6, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/define-your-life/

Give us enough money and we will label YOU a "Tone 40 Humanitarian"....

And THIS will define your life.

Who in God's name is writing this copy?

Tags: Humanitarian, Quicky

=====================================

Voldemort Update 5 July Fireworks Edition
July 6, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/voldemort-update-5-july-fireworks-edition/

Here is the news from last night's Graduation where He once again
addressed his adoring fans.

Of course, a lot of this could charitably be termed hype - some is just
outright lies. But it was a night of spectacle and verbal fireworks
befitting the celebration of Independence Day.

Though He announced "every org has their quota of trainees" he is
apparently not completely clued in and has been taken off the Hawaii
recruitment mailing list.

Tags: Basics, Chairman of the Board, Clear, Cornerstone, Dan Sherman, E-
meter, Flag Service Organization, Fort Harrison, Hawaii, Ideal Org, L. Ron
Hubbard, Las Vegas, OT, OT VII, Purif, Purification Rundown, Quicky,
Rehabilitation Project Force, Rome, Student Hat, Super Power, Tampa, Wayne
Fuller

=====================================

A Selection Of Idiocy From The Bubble
July 6, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/a-selection-of-idiocy-from-the-bubble/

With the hype machine now churning out emails by the minute promoting
the wonders of the "MV Events" there are some interesting notes in a
random selection of emails that arrived over the last few days.

CC kicks things off with Dave Petit pretty much running a standard
"party line" though I wonder if he feels especially stupid repeating
the lie that this is the 25th Anniversary of the Maiden Voyage that
occurred in 1988? So typical of scientology these days - Dear Leader
canceled MV last year as he wasn't ready with GAG II and when he
cancels something it is canceled with authority. June 2013 no longer
exists. Skipped straight from June 2012 to June 2014 and nobody
commented on it. This IS the 25th anniversary. No further questions.

The line about the islands becoming the sea is so unreal it has also
got to be embarrassing. Even in Los Angeles where he is and where there
are more "ideal orgs" than anywhere on earth, they are not even
scratching the surface of the few blocks around each org, let alone
"becoming the sea." And those ideal orgs in Berlin and Malmo and Madrid
and Pretoria and Portland and Cincinnati and, and, and are deader and
dyinger than they were a year ago. There isn't a single one that is
flourishing anywhere.

Tags: 1988, 2012, 2013, Berlin, Celebrity Centre, Cincinnati, CLO EU, CLO
WUS, David Petit, DEA, Donation, Field Staff Member, Fort Harrison,
Freewinds, Ideal Org, International Association of Scientologists,
International Management, Keep Scientology Working, L. Ron Hubbard Way, Los
Angeles, Madrid, Maiden Voyage, Malmo, Miami, Office of Special Affairs,
Orlando, OT Ambassador, OT Committee, OTC, Portland, Pretoria, Quicky,
Silver, South America, Vicki Shantz

=====================================

Paulette Cooper at 2013 SP PARTY
July 6, 2014, Bert Leahy, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7sl1GZ-Bw0

Paulette Cooper is an American author who is best known for her
activism against the Church of Scientology and the subsequent
harassment she suffered from the Church. Cooper's books have sold close
to a half a million copies.

Tags: 2013, Paulette Cooper, Quicky

=====================================

Sunday Funnies: Scientology finally starts making its members superheroes!
July 6, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2014/07/06/sunday-funnies-scientology-finally-starts-making-its-members-superheroes/

We hope you're enjoying your holiday weekend as we turn to our Sunday
tradition of sharing with you some of the Scientology fliers and
mailers our excellent tipsters have forwarded to us.

If you've been with us for a while, you know that most of these church
communications are focused on fundraising. And if anything, the
desperation for money has only gotten ramped up higher and higher.
Members are implored to come down to events that are made to look as
fun as possible, when really attendees are "regged" intensely -
pressured, in other words, to give large sums even if they've given
plenty already.

Former members have told us what kept them in the church so long,
despite the intense fundraising, was the ultimate promise that someday
they would attain superhuman powers. This is, after all, the goal of
Scientology, to attain "OT" abilities and become able to manipulate the
MEST universe (matter, energy, space, time) as just a spirit, a
"Thetan" in L. Ron Hubbard's parlance.

Tags: Austin, Clear, Craigslist, Dianetics, Dissemination, Fearless Leader,
Kansas City, L. Ron Hubbard Way, Mission, OT, Purification Rundown, Quicky,
Sacramento, Scotland, Sunday Funnies, Tony Chen

=====================================

Another Portland Ideal Org Fail
July 6, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/another-portland-ideal-org-fail/

This is a sad admission of the reality of working in a scientology org.

This "ideal Org" ED is feasting on pie in the sky and trying to
convince everyone not only how good it tastes, but how wonderfully
nutritious it is too.

After FORTY YEARS they are no closer to achieving a stable income for
staff (which was a KEY criteria of "SH Size" according to L. Ron
Hubbard).

Tags: Class V, Ideal Org, L. Ron Hubbard, OT VIII, Portland, Quicky

=====================================

Essential California: Scientology's neon logo
July 6, 2015, Alice Walton, Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-essential-california-html-20150706-htmlstory.html

Scientology's beacon: A big change could be coming to the historic
studios in Silver Lake that for decades was KCET's headquarters. The
property is now owned by the Church of Scientology, which is asking the
city to allow a lighted LED church logo atop the 15-story-tall antenna.
Some residents oppose the idea. Los Feliz Ledger

Tags: KCET, Los Angeles, Los Feliz

=====================================

Father of the leader of the church of Scientology at work on a tell all
July 6, 2015, Sarah Hagi, National Post
http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/books/father-of-the-leader-of-the-church-of-scientology-at-work-on-a-tell-all

Publisher St. Martin's Press has confirmed it will release a memoir by
Ronald Miscavige Sr., father of Scientology leader David Miscavige.

The book announcement comes after an April report in the Los Angeles
Times that revealed Miscavige Sr. was spied on by his son. The upcoming
memoir's title, If He Dies, He Dies references a chilling quote by his
son, David. While under surveillance in a parking lot, Miscavige Sr.
was seen grabbing his chest in pain. Fearing he was suffering from a
heart attack, the investigator asked for orders on whether or not he
should intervene and check on his safety. Miscavige's son reportedly
told the invstigator no, saying, "If he dies, he dies." The church
maintains this in fact did not happen and they have no association at
all with the investigator.

Tags: 2012, David Miscavige, If He Dies, He Dies, Jenna Miscavige Hill, Ron
Miscavige Sr, St. Martin's Press, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker

=====================================

Frederick County Council's decision on Trout Run questioned in court
July 6, 2015, Jen Fifield, Frederick News-Post
http://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/politics_and_government/frederick-county-council-s-decision-on-trout-run-questioned-in/article_3674d3e2-992a-533a-861f-74600cb64b93.html

The Frederick County Council's decision not to add Trout Run to the
Frederick County Register of Historic Places is now being questioned in
court.

The council voted 6-1 on June 2 against adding the property to the
historic register after listening to hours of comment in two public
hearings and reading dozens of emails on the topic.

The property owner is now asking the court to review that decision.
Social Betterment Properties International, a company acting as a real
estate arm of the Church of Scientology, filed a petition for judicial
review in Frederick County Circuit Court on Wednesday.

Tags: Bruce Dean, Bud Otis, Frederick County, Frederick County Council, John
Mathias, Narconon, Social Betterment Properties International, Trout Run

=====================================

Scientology-backed drug rehab program fights Frederick decision on property
near Camp David
July 6, 2015, Michael Rosenwald, Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/scientology-backed-drug-rehab-program-fights-frederick-decision-on-property-near-camp-david/2015/07/06/58ff102a-2408-11e5-b72c-2b7d516e1e0e_story.html

Lawyers for a Scientology-affiliated drug rehab facility are appealing
a Frederick County Council vote last month that blocked a new facility
from opening at an old fishing retreat.

Narconon, which relies on saunas and the writings of Scientology
founder L. Ron Hubbard to treat drug addicts, had sought a historical
designation for Trout Run, a 40-acre camp of stone lodges, so it could
use the property for a rehab facility.

A request for judicial review was filed in Frederick County Circuit
court late last week, though the short filing did not specify reasons
for the appeal. Bruce Dean, an attorney for the project, said it was
premature to describe the grounds for the appeal.

Tags: Bruce Dean, Bud Otis, Frederick County Council, John Mathias, Narconon,
Trout Run

=====================================

Scientology's billion-dollar slush fund, its slick operators, and how it gets
around regulation
July 6, 2015, Jeffrey Augustine, Scientology Money Project
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/2015/07/06/scientologys-billion-dollar-slush-fund-its-slick-operators-and-how-it-gets-around-regulation/

(Authored by Jeffrey Augustine, this essay was originally published by
Tony Ortega at the Underground Bunker and is reprinted here for
archival purposes)

As discussed previously, the International Association of
Scientologists (IAS) is not a church; it is an unincorporated
membership organization. Per its charter, the IAS functions
autonomously from the so-called "Mother Church" i.e. the Church of
Scientology International (CSI):

In the classic Scientology game of evasion, the Church of Scientology
International (CSI) told the IRS that it does not have access to IAS
membership records: Although the Church of Scientology International
itself does not have the IAS membership list, CSI nevertheless blindly
voted to allow the IAS to become the sole membership organization for
Scientologists; this as it told the IRS:

Tags: 1967, 1989, 1991, 1993, 2007, 2008, 2010, Church of Scientology
International, David Miscavige, Delaware, Department of Homeland Security,
Field Staff Member, Foundation International Membership Services
Administrations, Freedom magazine, International Association of
Scientologists, IRS, Janet Light, Karin Pouw, Linda Hamel, Monique Rathbun,
Netherland, Office of Special Affairs, Private investigator, Quicky,
Religious worker, Scientology lawyer, Sea Org, Squirrel, Squirrel Busters,
Tax exempt, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker, US Citizenship and Immigration
Services, US IAS Members Trust, USA

=====================================

Scientology's trophy problem: Did David Miscavige lie, or did the IAS?
July 6, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/07/06/scientologys-trophy-problem-did-david-miscavige-lie-or-did-the-ias/

In November, we told you the saga of Richie Acunto. He was the once
high-flying Scientologist who owned Survival Insurance in California,
but then whose bankruptcy resulted not only in unhappy investors, but
also the stunning auctioning off of his Scientology trophies.

Scientologists are under intense pressure to donate ever bigger sums to
the International Association of Scientologists (IAS), the
organization's slush fund, and in order to encourage them to do so, the
IAS hands out increasing "statuses," like in a video game, and they
come with plaques or increasingly ridiculous trophies. At his most
successful, five years ago, Acunto had given so much to the IAS, he was
named a "Patron Laureate" and was given an especially gaudy knickknack.

He had already been given trophies for reaching "Silver Meritorious"
with donations totaling $750,000, and "Gold Meritorious" for donating
$1 million, then "Platinum Meritorious" for giving $2.5 million, and
then "Diamond Meritorious" for donating $5 million. But it was for
reaching the cumulative total of $10 million that Acunto unlocked the
"Patron Laureate" trophy in 2010. Here's what it looked like?

Tags: 1983, 1985, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, Bogot?,
California, Colombia, David Miscavige, Diamond Meritorious, eBay, Eduardo
Galan, Florida, Foundation International Membership Services Administrations,
Gold Meritorious, Gonzalo Vivanco, Graham Berry, Hollywood, Ideal Org,
International Association of Scientologists, Jamie Sorrentini, Jeffrey
Augustine, Karen de la Carriere, Marina del Rey, Mislav Raos, Nancy
Cartwright, Patron Laureate, Platinum Meritorious, Richard Acunto, Silver
Meritorious, Survival Insurance, Tiziano Lugli, Tom Provenzano

=====================================

Welcome to Our Channel
July 6, 2015, Growing Up In Scientology, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwPg3ffU4EI

Growing Up in Scientology is a new channel we are starting to discuss
what it's like growing up in the Church of Scientology as a 2nd or 3rd
generation member, and how growing up in Scientology, whether as a
public, a staff member or a Sea Org member shapes one's worldview.

In this video, I discuss where the idea for this channel came from,
what we are trying to accomplish and what you can expect to see in
future videos.

TONY ORTEGA article on Aaron Smith-Levin (April 18, 2014):
http://tinyurl.com/TonyO-AaronSL

Tags: 2014, Aaron Smith-Levin, Quicky, Sea Org

=====================================

Battlefield Earth Sales Going Nowhere
July 6, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/battlefield-earth-sales-going-nowhere/

Well, the "OT Committee Farce" is doing their damnedest to sell
Battlefield Earth - and how are they going about it? By telling
everyone to buy 20 books a piece....

And this is a "religious activity".

But the biggest joke of all is that unlike the recent books by Leah
Remini and Ron Miscavige, Battlefield Earth is nowhere to be found on
the NY Times bestseller list...

Tags: Battlefield Earth, Kaye Champagne, Leah Remini, Maiden Voyage, OT, OT
Committee, Quicky, Ron Miscavige Sr

=====================================

Final days of Jim Carrey's heartbroken ex-girlfriend laid bare
July 6, 2016, Ryan Perry, Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3676277/Final-days-Jim-Carrey-s-heartbroken-ex-girlfriend-laid-bare-Irish-make-artist-shared-FaceTime-call-actor-ignored-text-missing-painkillers-signed-suicide-letter-Dewdrop-overdosing-bed.html

Hollywood star Jim Carrey sent a text message to his ex-girlfriend
asking where his missing prescription painkillers were just hours
before her lifeless body was found following a massive drug overdose.

According to a bombshell LA Coroner's report - obtained by Daily Mail
Online - Cathriona White had taken Carrey's anti-inflammatory pills
along with a cocktail of other drugs to end her life.

The Irish beautician and make-up artist was found dead in her rented LA
home on September 28 last year after ingesting a cocktail of
prescription drugs including Zofran, propranol, Percocet and Ambien.

Tags: 2013, 2014, Brigid Sweetman, Cathriona White, County Tipperary, Hawaii,
Hollywood, Ireland, Jenny Burpee, Jim Carrey, Kelli Blanchard, Mark Burton,
Quicky, Sherman Oaks, Suicide, Tipperary, Tom Cruise

=====================================

Julie Schossow & Marilyn Putt 1982 - Revisited (Episode 9)
July 6, 2016, Vern Pierson, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO5PxH6rFeE

Murder of Julie Schossow & Marilyn Putt: Revisited with new information.

If you have any information regarding this case please contact the El
Dorado County District Attorney's Office

Tags: 1982, El Dorado County District Attorney's Office, Julie Schossow,
Marilyn Putt, Murder, Placerville, Robert Cosley, South Lake Tahoe, Video

=====================================

Scientology leader meets one-on-one with city officials over key downtown
Clearwater parcel
July 6, 2016, Tracey McManus, Tampa Bay Times
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/scientology-leader-meets-one-on-one-with-city-officials-over-key-downtown/2284410

CLEARWATER - Scientology leader David Miscavige has met one-on-one with
each City Council member to discuss a key piece of waterfront land -
the first gesture of its kind in the decades-long struggle between the
Church of Scientology and the city over downtown real estate.

In hourlong meetings held Friday and Wednesday at City Hall, Miscavige
updated council members on the organization's activities around the
world and emphasized its interest in three parcels on the southwest
corner of Pierce Street and Osceola Avenue. Together they form a
vacant, grassy lot owned by the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.

The city, however, also has its eye on the property, having hired
consultants to include it in a master plan currently under way to help
revitalize the downtown waterfront. The 1.4-acre lot, now used for
overflow parking, sits between City Hall on the north and the church's
13-story Oak Cove religious retreat on the south.

Tags: 2012, 2014, Bill Horne, Clearwater, Clearwater Marine Aquarium,
Coachman Park, David Miscavige, Doreen Caudell, George Cretekos, Island
Estates, Oak Cove, Osceola Avenue, Quicky, Urban Land Institute

=====================================

What happened when one of our readers got into a Scientology 'Flag World
Tour' event
July 6, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2016/07/06/what-happened-when-one-of-our-readers-got-into-a-scientology-flag-world-tour-event/

What a treat we have for you today. On Friday, we brought your
attention to a flier that had been posted online claiming that there
would be a meeting in Houston Saturday night to discuss the possibility
of a new "Ideal Org" project starting there. The flier had been posted
by a Scientologist who is also involved in the Nation of Islam. The NOI
and Scientology teaming up to put an Ideal Org in a city that only
currently rates a mission? This sounded interesting, especially to one
of our Houston readers.

In our comments section, he goes by the handle "Commodore H.
McCringleberry," and we learned when we met him during our book tour
last year that he's actually an Army veteran as well as a very
knowledgeable Scientology watcher, even though he's never been a
Scientologist himself. He told us that recently, he'd actually
encountered some Scientologists from the Houston mission, had gotten to
know one in particular - named Barb - and that he thought he could use
that connection to get himself into Saturday night's event. And that's
exactly what he did. Here, then, is his detailed report about what went
on. We think you'll find it really well done.

The event was in one of the hotel ballrooms on the second floor where
nobody was walking through the area and nothing else was going on.
There were about 30 people milling around - 20 publics and 10 uniformed
staff. At a long table set up outside the entrance piled with forms and
plain clothes staff, people were sitting all along one long side, like
they were waiting for one-on-one sessions with people arriving. There
were beverages and gourmet snacks and a table with Flag brochures (full
color, looked expensive), pens, and luggage tags.

Tags: Adam Boshoff, Advanced Org, Austin, Barbara Dews, Case Supervisor,
David Miscavige, Field Staff Member, Flag World Tour, Fort Harrison, Fred
Haseney, Graham Berry, Houston, Ideal Org, L. Ron Hubbard, Los Angeles,
Nation of Islam, Oiliness table, OT, OT 7, Purif, Quicky, Sandcastle, Sea
Org, Stan Gerson, Super Power, Texas, We Stand Tall, Well Done Auditing
Hours, YouTube

=====================================

Jon Atack: Scientology has a history of flip-floppers, including the
founder's son
July 6, 2017, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2017/07/06/thursday-2/

L. Ron Hubbard Jr. was a fascinating character. We've written about him
numerous times, and he's featured prominently in our book about
Paulette Cooper, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely.

Nicknamed "Nibs," he was in and out of favor with his famous father
over the years. In 1952, Hubbard brought his then 18-year-old son to
join him in Phoenix, where Nibs helped his father get Scientology off
the ground after the Dianetics movement had failed. The next year, in
1953, Nibs was one of several signatories, including his father, to the
creation of the first "Church of Scientology" corporation, in Camden,
New Jersey.

By 1959, however, Nibs had soured on the "church" and left the movement.
He later testified against his father in IRS proceedings aimed at
Scientology, but then in 1972 recanted that testimony.

Tags: 1952, 1953, 1959, 1972, 1980, Basics, Camden, Chris Shelton, Dianetics,
International Association of Scientologists, IRS, Jamie DeWolf, Jeffrey
Augustine, Jon Atack, New Jersey, Paulette Cooper, Phoenix, Ron DeWolf, The
Unbreakable Miss Lovely

=====================================

The Basics of Scientology - Overview
July 6, 2017, Chris Shelton, Critical Thinker at Large
http://mncriticalthinking.com/2017/07/06/the-basics-of-scientology-overview/

In this video series, we are going to take a long hard look at the
philosophy and practice of Scientology.

When I first started writing about Scientology, my attitude about its
beliefs and practices was that they were not as important as exposing
the abuses, immorality and actual criminal activities that
Scientologists would get up to, either on their own bat or at the
behest of Scientology leaders L. Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige. I'm a
big supporters of tolerance of belief and letting people think whatever
they want. They're going to anyway, so there isn't really much reward
in trying to forcefully suppress anyone's way of thinking.

But there is something to be said about how one's beliefs define one's
attitude towards the world and how that attitude can shapes one's
actions. When those actions are destructive, we should cast a critical
eye on the ideas driving those actions and see if there isn't something
worth commenting on. In the case of Scientology, there is a great deal
to talk about.

Tags: 1947, 1948, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1965, Basics, David Miscavige, Dianetics,
E-meter, Journal of Scientology, Keep Scientology Working, Purification
Rundown, Quicky, Scientology executive, Scientology Handbook, The
Fundamentals of Thought

=====================================

The Basics of Scientology: Overview
July 6, 2017, Chris Shelton, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZi5SdYKRfs

This is the start of a new series on Scientology's "technology" - its
methods and practices - from a critical perspective. I'll be looking at
the fundamentals of Scientology philosophy and its methods, talking
about its pros and cons and where Hubbard came up with some of his
pseudoscientific ideas.

The Basics of Scientology Playlist: https://www.youtube.
com/watch?v=mZi5S...

MY PODCAST:

Tags: Audio, Basics, Quicky

=====================================

Thursday Funnies
July 6, 2017, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-133/

Come for the Wacky Velcro Wall...

..leave with your pocket lightened.

Remember, this is a $30 million ideal org...

Tags: OT, Quicky, Thursday Funnies

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
July 6 in Scientlology web page: