Today in Scientology -- April 7th ********************************************************

Scientology Today

Apr 8, 2020, 10:12:20 AM4/8/20
Today April 7th in Scientology history
======================================

Scientology's defense impresses judge
April 7, 2000, Thomas C. Tobin, St. Petersburg Times
http://www.sptimes.com/News/040700/TampaBay/Scientology_s_defense.shtml

After listening to legal arguments over two days, Pinellas-Pasco Chief
Circuit Judge Susan F. Schaeffer said Thursday she will take a month to
decide whether to dismiss the criminal case against the Church of
Scientology.

She also expressed support for key arguments raised by the church,
which is defending itself against two charges in the 1995 death of Lisa
McPherson.

Schaeffer said she's convinced McPherson consented to go with fellow
Scientologists to the church's Fort Harrison Hotel, where church
staffers tried over 17 days to help her through a severe mental
breakdown.

Tags: 1995, Clearwater, Doug Crow, Eric Lieberman, Fort Harrison, Judge Susan
Schaeffer, Lee Fugate, Lisa McPherson, Mental breakdown, Morton Plant
Hospital, Pat Jones, Religious Freedom Restoration Act, Scientology lawyer,
Scientology staff

======================================

'Cruise Control' Pol: It Helped Me
April 7, 2007, David Seifman, New York Post
http://www.nypost.com/seven/04072007/news/regionalnews/cruise_control__pol__it_helped_me_regionalnews_david_seifman__city_hall_bureau_chief.htm

The Post reported yesterday that Monserrate is one of the hosts of an
April 19 fund-raiser for the New York Rescue Workers Detoxification
Project, where Cruise is appearing, and where tickets are going for as
much as $100,000 for a table of eight.

Tags: Detox, Hiram Monserrate, Jim Woodworth, New York Rescue Workers
Detoxification Project, Pat Bahnken, Stephen Kent, Tom Cruise

======================================

Tie to rights march wasn't revealed
April 7, 2007, Meg Laughlin, St. Petersburg Times
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/04/07/Southpinellas/Tie_to_rights_march_w.shtml

Just weeks after opening their first facility in St. Petersburg,
Scientologists have irked two of the city's most respected institutions
- the Holocaust and Dali museums.

Representatives of both museums say they were misled when asked to
support a human rights march but not told that the organizers are a
rights advocacy group affiliated with the Church of Scientology.

Tags: Clearwater, Florida, Florida Holocaust Museum, Karla Jo Helms, Linda
Drazkowski, Muslim, Nation of Islam, Peter Mansell, Postcard Mania, Salvador
Dali Museum, St. Petersburg, Youth for Human Rights International

======================================

Invitation from Ida Camburn to Anonymous
April 7, 2008, Andreas Heldal-Lund, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdaTzKSkRFs

Tory Christman and Andreas Heldal-Lund visiting the Queen of
Scientology critics in Hemet, California, April 3rd 2008.

Tags: Anonymous, California, Hemet, Ida Camburn, Quicky, Tory Christman

======================================

Scientology: Unpleasant Woman in Clearwater
April 7, 2008, xenutv1, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmni2ZpATmw

8/19/00 - Maureen O'Keefe insists that I walk to the corner to be
insulted by an OT hairstylist named Sheryle Festa.

Tags: 2000, Clearwater, Maureen O'Keefe, OT, Quicky, Sheryle Festa

======================================

From Science to Scientology: Church of Scientology transforming old museum
into new headquarters
April 7, 2010, Bill Clements, Politics in Minnesota
http://politicsinminnesota.com/blog/2010/04/from-science-to-scientology-church-of-scientology-transforming-old-museum-into-new-headquarters/

The Church of Scientology has ambitious plans for growing in the Twin
Cities area, hoping to double or even triple the number of Twin Cities
adherents in the next five years.

As part of those plans, Scientology members dug deep and came up with
$3 million to convert the old Science Museum of Minnesota, 505 N.
Wabasha St., into a new regional headquarters.

Tags: Ellen Maher-Forney, Minnesota, Purification Rundown, Real estate

======================================

Larry Anderson vs. Tommy Davis: Part 1 of 3
April 7, 2010, TeamXemu, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeAvUzQFsG4

On Feb. 27, 2009, long-time Scientology parishioner Larry Anderson met
with two church officials, Tommy Davis and Jessica Feshbach, in
Burbank, Calif. Anderson, the star of the Scientology film,
Orientation, openly recorded their 90-minute conversation.

Tags: 2009, Burbank, Jessica Feshbach, Larry Anderson, Orientation, Quicky,
Tommy Davis

======================================

Larry Anderson vs. Tommy Davis: Part 2 of 3
April 7, 2010, TeamXemu, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9OPBFA0urg

On Feb. 27, 2009, long-time Scientology parishioner Larry Anderson met
with two church officials, Tommy Davis and Jessica Feshbach, in
Burbank, Calif. Anderson, the star of the Scientology film,
Orientation, openly recorded their 90-minute conversation.

Tags: 2009, Burbank, Jessica Feshbach, Larry Anderson, Orientation, Quicky,
Tommy Davis

======================================

Larry Anderson vs. Tommy Davis: Part 3 of 3
April 7, 2010, TeamXemu, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRShf-ofPPw

On Feb. 27, 2009, long-time Scientology parishioner Larry Anderson met
with two church officials, Tommy Davis and Jessica Feshbach, in
Burbank, Calif. Anderson, the star of the Scientology film,
Orientation, openly recorded their 90-minute conversation.

Tags: 2009, Burbank, Jessica Feshbach, Larry Anderson, Orientation, Quicky,
Tommy Davis

======================================

Church of Scientology Kicks Neighbors Out to Expand Golf Course
April 7, 2011, Sarah Firshein, Curbed
http://curbed.com/archives/2011/04/07/church-of-scientology-kicks-neighbors-out-to-build-a-golf-course.php

The Church of Scientology wants to get down with its bad self and
expand the golf course next to its San Jacinto, Calif., headquarters.
Sounds fun -- we assume scientologists are pretty good with a 7-iron --
except two residents of Sleepy Hollow trailer park are the last ones
standing in the way of the construction.

Tags: Candice Savage, Int Base, Joseph Neely

======================================

Let's Say...
April 7, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/lets-say/

Let's say:

You find out your husband has inoperable cancer and must go through
months of chemotherapy and radiation.

Let's say:

Tags: 2004, 2005, Author Services Inc, Chairman of the Board, International
Association of Scientologists, L. Ron Hubbard, Quicky, Rachel Denk, Seattle,
Spokane

======================================

Meet Two Trailer Park Residents Standing Up to Scientology
April 7, 2011, Seth Abramovitch, Gawker
https://gawker.com/5789732/meet-two-trailer-park-residents-standing-up-to-scientology

Good news: your friendly neighborhood Church of Scientology is
expanding their golf course! Bad news: that involves evicting all the
residents of Sleepy Hollow, a 30-year-old trailer park located near
their San Jacinto headquarters. 21 tenants have already left the
premises, but two brave souls are holding out.

Candice Savage and Joseph Neely have already been served their eviction
notices, which named yesterday as their deadline to leave, with or
without their RVs. As of today, they still haven't budged, pointing to
a state law which requires them to be given at least one year notice to
vacate a mobile home park.

It's not like the Church has been entirely unfeeling in this whole,
unfortunate affair. At first, they offered Savage $800 and two months
to leave. She refused, so the offer was withdrawn. But the kindness
didn't end there:

Tags: Candice Savage, Catherine Fraser, Gilman Springs Road, Golden Era,
Joseph Neely, Press-Enterprise, Quicky, San Jacinto

======================================

Scientology's Heretic
April 7, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/04/07/scientologys-heretic/

This weekend's UK Independent magazine cover story hits kinda close to
home. Warning: contains juvenile descriptions of OT III data.

UPDATE 4/7: GAWKER coverage.

I am informed that Scientology Inc is already spamming the
Independent's site with hate messages, including a full Freedom
magazine article, in response.

Tags: Freedom magazine, Independent, OT III, Quicky, UK

======================================

Scientology's 'heretic': How Marty Rathbun became the arch-enemy of L Ron
Hubbard devotees
April 7, 2012, Guy Adams, The Independent
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/scientologys-heretic-how-marty-rathbun-became-the-archenemy-of-l-ron-hubbard-devotees-7618944.html

Here, in this seaside hamlet, full of retirees and fishermen, Marty
Rathbun was fighting an extraordinary religious war. The 'squirrel
busters' were among its (possibly self-appointed) foot soldiers. At
stake in the dispute, which has now been running for almost three
years, is the future of one of the world's most controversial and
headline-prone spiritual institutions: the Church of Scientology.

Tags: Bert Fields, Carter-Ruck, David Miscavige, David Touretzky, Debbie
Cook, Fair Game, Greta Van Susteren, Janet Reitman, John Brosseau, John
Travolta, Kirstie Alley, Lisa McPherson, Luis Garcia, Mark Collette, Marty
Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Monique Rathbun, Norman Moore, Paul Haggis, Samantha
Domingo, Sea Org, Squirrel Busters, Tom Cruise, Tony Ortega, Xenu, Yvonne
Jentzsch

======================================

Narconon Tackles NFL Legend Jim Brown, Anne Archer Snags a Kennedy
April 7, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2013/04/07/narconon-tackles-nfl-legend-jim-brown-anne-archer-snags-a-kennedy/

The great Jim Brown, struggling to understand what he's doing here.

On Sundays here at the Bunker, we like to bring you the latest
Scientology mailers and fliers that our tipsters have forwarded to us.
We call it Sunday Funnies, and we have another set of items that we
think you'll find interesting.

But first, we wanted to bring a little context to the explosion of
stories we've been posting about Scientology's drug rehab network,
Narconon.

Tags: A Forever Recovery, Andrew Cuomo, Anne Archer, Artists for Human
Rights, Atlanta, California, Clearwater, David Petit, Eric Tenorio, Florida,
Jim Brown, Kerry Kennedy, Kurt Feshbach, Michigan, Nancy Cartwright,
Narconon, New York, Oklahoma, Per Wickstrom, Quicky, Richard Teague, Sunday
Funnies, Taiwan, Terry Jastrow

======================================

Scientology: Narconon, "It's Absolutely Fraud" (NBC Rock Center, Part 2)
April 7, 2013, PirateFish1, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fvJB93KAXE

In this follow-up to their August 16, 2012 report (link below) NBC Rock
Center takes another look at Narconon and its connection with the
Church of Scientology.

Harry Smith speaks with two ex-Scientologists and former Narconon
executives Lucas Catton (Narconon Arrowhead, Oklahoma) and Eric Tenorio
(Narconon Freedom Center, Michigan), who are both ashamed of their
involvement with Narconon and Scientology. Both men give more damning
testimony that exposes the organizations for the "fraud" that they are,
and in their words they describe Narconon's methods of treatment as
"pseudo-science", and Scientology as a "cult" that trains its people to
"listen for the money".

If you have someone close to you who is in need of addiction therapy
and you are concerned about finding qualified professional assistance
please contact your local hospital or mental health facility for
assistance in seeking out properly qualified, addiction therapy
counselors and/or facilities near you.

Tags: 2012, cnews, Eric Tenorio, Fraud, Harry Smith, Lucas Catton, Michigan,
Narconon, Narconon Arrowhead, Narconon Freedom Center, NBC, Oklahoma, Quicky,
Rock Center

======================================

"Mandatory Class VIII Briefing"
April 7, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/mandatory-class-viii-briefing-stork-mail/

The storks are busy. Hushmail must be experiencing heavy traffic.

This is a debrief of a "mandatory" briefing for Class VIII's in Ideal
PAC (in fact in "ASHO's" Lebanon Hall). The image is an artists'
rendition, he mistakenly thought it was the audience at an
"international event" not a mandatory briefing in Ideal PAC in which
case he would have only included 5 attendees. But as he went to all the
trouble, I used it anyway as it conveys the message he wanted.

It is amazing how they can try to shift the blame to.... anyone else
they can think of than themselves, and certainly it has NOTHING to do
with the man who is single-handedly salvaging this sector of the
universe with his brilliant handlings of all facets of everything.

Tags: AOLA, ASHO, Class VIII, CLO WUS, David Miscavige, Golden Age of Tech,
Hubbard Communications Office Bulletin, L. Ron Hubbard, OT, OT IX,
Purification Rundown, Quicky, Religious Technology Center, Student Hat

======================================

Hideouts for Scientologists on the lam: Another book from Ron Miscavige
April 7, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2014/04/07/hideouts-for-scientologists-on-the-lam-another-book-from-ron-miscavige-sr/

Last May, we told you about a slim volume of home-spun tales by a
retired musician remembering his 1940s childhood in rural Pennsylvania.

What made that book, True Confessions of a Kid, remarkable, however,
was that it was written by Ron Miscavige, father to Scientology leader
David Miscavige, and a man who literally had to escape from
Scientology's secretive International Base in California in 2012. We
broke the news of Ron's escape from Scientology, and we're still
waiting to hear the man tell his story of souring on his son's
organization.

Instead, Ron put out a book of childhood yarns. And now, he's done it
again. In Hideouts for Midgets on the Lam and other totally disrelated
stories, we are told again about what it was like to grow up in Mt.
Carmel, Pennsylvania, where coal was king, and where young Ron began
playing trumpet professionally in bars at only 13.

Tags: 1940, 1945, 1946, 2012, California, Catholic, David Miscavige, Denise
Miscavige Gentile, Dianetics, Hugh Urban, Int Base, Jack Parsons, Ohio, OT,
Peaches Geldof, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Purification Rundown, Quicky, Ron
Miscavige

======================================

Scientology and Intuition
April 7, 2014, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/scientology-and-intuition/

reference: Scientology and Presentiment

Several commenters speculated as to my purposes for posting Scientology
and Presentiment. My purpose was simple: I wanted to hear what other
people thought about it. As far as implications are concerned - that is
the question I asked folks to weigh in on - my view before I posted was
largely reinforced by considering the hundreds of comments.

From my perspective, the most important implication is that it is more
evidence that Scientologists are trained into constructs ? to the point
of confusing the map for the territory. Their attention is focused with
a great deal of intention and discipline on mental trauma. Conscious,
two-valued logic based, and three-dimensional time-space construct
based perception is finely disciplined. This results in increased focus
and force of intention. The unthinking, yes/no binary device called the
e-meter facilitates this training. In exercising such scientologists
are led toward attainment to pre-defined abilities and states of
consciousness ? known as end phenomena in Scientology auditing. They
are promoted and preached as static, permanent states (again using
two-valued logic, materialistic terms). I have seen evidence of people
becoming better at communication, problem solving, personal
responsibility, handling of upsets, and moving out of fixed conditions
through application of these constructs. Sometimes they even achieve
alleviation of psychosomatic disabilities along the road.

Tags: 1978, Ability Congress, Christian, Dianetics, E-meter, Freedom
Congress, Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior, Muslim, OT, Quicky, Sea Org

======================================

SHOCK DOX: Scientology's 2011 book value for just two of its entities is $1.2
billion
April 7, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2014/04/07/shock-dox-scientologys-book-value-for-just-two-of-its-entities-is-1-2-billion/

The Underground Bunker has copies of some stunning documents that were
just released by our old friend, Jeff "OTVIIIisgrrr8!" Augustine. They
are 990-T returns for the 2011 tax year submitted by the Church of
Scientology International and the Church of Spiritual Technology, and
they show that CSI and CST - which are just two of Scientology's many
entities - have a combined book value of $1.2 billion.

Since 1993, Scientology has had tax-exempt status, and your tax dollars
- your IRS - has helped the church amass huge wealth. Scientology puts
constant pressure on its members to donate huge amounts, it pays its
workers pennies an hour because it is exempt from labor laws, and the
result are these incredible amounts.

SEE UPDATES below for explanations of the revenue figures in these
documents and for a statement by Mike Rinder, Scientology's former
spokesman.

Tags: 1981, 1993, 2004, 2011, 2012, ABLE, Applied Scholastics, CCHR,
Celebrity Centre, Church of Scientology International, Church of Scientology
Religious Trust, Church of Spiritual Technology, Clearwater, Criminon, David
Miscavige, DC, Flag Service Organization, Flag Ship Service Organization,
Florida, Foundation International Membership Services Administrations,
Freewinds, Ideal Org, International Association of Scientologists, IRS, KCET,
Mike Rinder, Narconon, Narconon International, OT, OT 8, Philippines, Quicky,
Red Cross, Rena Weinberg, Super Power, Tax exempt, The Hole, The Way to
Happiness, US IAS Members Trust

======================================

25 of the biggest lies told by L. Ron Hubbard and the Church of Scientology
April 7, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2015/04/07/25-of-the-biggest-lies-told-by-l-ron-hubbard-and-the-church-of-scientology/

One of the Bunker's great contributors, Jeffrey Augustine, has put
together for us a list of the biggest whoppers told by Scientology's
founder, L. Ron Hubbard, and a couple of canards thrown around by the
church itself. We think you're going to enjoy the collection Jeffrey
put together for us...

1. The lie: "I happen to be a nuclear physicist; I am not a
psychologist nor a psychiatrist nor a medical doctor." - L. Ron
Hubbard, in the 1952 lecture "Dianetics: The Modern Miracle." Also
found transcribed in the Research and Discovery series, Vol. 3 page
470, and New Tech Volumes, Vol. 5 page 143.

The truth: Hubbard flunked both high school and college, leaving after
his sophomore year at George Washington University during which he
failed a course of "Molecular and Atomic Physics."

Tags: 1927, 1930, 1940, 1941, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1966, 1968, 1971, 1986, 1993,
Alaska, Aleister Crowley, Australia, Blackfoot, Blood brother, Bluebird,
Boston, Brisbane, Clear, Dianetics, Disconnection, Earle Cooley, E-meter,
FDA, Food and Drug Administration, Gene Denk, George Washington University,
Granada Television, Hollywood, Indonesia, IRS, Jack Parsons, Japan, Jeffrey
Augustine, Jewish, Jon Atack, Mary Sue Hubbard, Mongolia, Nevada, Oak Knoll
Naval Hospital, Oakland, Oregon, Pasadena, Purple Heart, Reza Aslan, Sara
Northrup, Sequoia University, Submarine, Tax exempt, Tibet, US Army, US Navy,
Vistaril, War record, Washington

======================================

CNNTonight with Don Lemon: Scientology with Tony Ortega, Paulette Cooper,
Tory Christman and Steve Hassan
April 7, 2015, Steven A Hassan, Vimeo
https://vimeo.com/124327357

This video is about Scientology following the HBO Going Clear
Documentary and Saturday Night Live's parody. Our answer is, NO,
Scientology should not be IRS tax…

Tags: CNN, Don Lemon, Paulette Cooper, Tony Ortega, Tory Christman

======================================

Head In The Sand
April 7, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/head-in-the-sand/

See the new article in People magazine which reports on John Travolta's
response to Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief.

I give him kudos for at least being willing to speak (more than Cruise.
Alley or even Miscavige) and trying to defend his religion instead of
merely sending out statements from his lawyer saying everyone is a liar.

But, and there are a few very large "buts":

Tags: David Miscavige, Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief,
John Travolta, OT, Quicky, Spanky Taylor

======================================

John Travolta breaks silence on Scientology doc Going Clear
April 7, 2015, Josh Gardner, Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3028330/The-church-brilliant-John-Travolta-breaks-silence-Scientology-expos-Going-Clear-refuses-watch-documentary.html

John Travolta has broken his silence on the controversial Scientology
expos? Going Clear and says he never intends to watch the documentary.

Speaking to the Tampa Bay Times while promoting his upcoming film The
Forger, Travolta said his decades of personal experience in the
organization have been nothing but positive -- nothing like the
blackmailing, physically abusive cult portrayed in the film.

'I haven't experienced anything that the hearsay has (claimed), so why
would I communicate something that wasn't true for me?' he said.

Tags: 2012, Alex Gibney, Bohemian Rhapsody, Celebrity, David Miscavige,
Facebook, Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief, HBO,
Hollywood, John Travolta, Katie Holmes, New Yorker, Nicole Kidman, Paul
Haggis, Quicky, Rehabilitation Project Force, Sea Org, Sundance, Tampa, Tampa
Bay Times, The Hole, Tom Cruise

======================================

(VIDEO) Me, My Mom and Scientology - Part 2
April 7, 2016, Chris Shelton, Critical Thinker at Large
https://mncriticalthinking.com/2016/04/07/video-me-my-mom-and-scientology-part-2/

In this 4-part series, I interview my Mom about Scientology, our mutual
history with it and how she helped me to escape. In this second part,
we talk about some of the big differences between Scientology back in
the 1970s compared to now and how it has become much harsher and more
authoritarian.

Tags: 1970, Quicky

======================================

Anti-Scientology Billboard Begs Kids to Call Home
April 7, 2016, Elijah Chiland, Curbed LA
https://la.curbed.com/2016/4/6/11380774/echo-park-billboard-scientology

With neutral white text against a collage of faces, a new billboard in
Echo Park appears to be encouraging Scientologists to pick up the phone
and seek help. The large sign on Glendale Boulevard reads in part, "to
my loved one in Scientology... call me."

Phil and Emily Jones, who put up the ad, say that they are just trying
to contact their children. Former members of the church themselves, the
Joneses tell ABC News that their daughter is employed by the church and
both she and her brother have cut off communication with people outside
of the religion.

The Joneses hope that the billboard also helps draw attention to the
practice of "disconnection" that they say the church encourages.
According to the couple's website, "disconnection is the severance of
all ties between a Scientologist and a friend, colleague, or family
member deemed to be antagonistic towards Scientology." Phil Jones says
this is part of the church's efforts to control its members. "We know
what the conditioning is and what goes on there," he says. "It is a
form of hypnosis. We've experienced it, we went through it."

Tags: ABC, ABC News, Billboard, Disconnection, Echo Park, Emily Jones,
Glendale, Hollywood Boulevard, Phil Jones, Quicky

======================================

Morning Digest: David Jolly busted for trying to scrub Scientology ties from
his Wikipedia page
April 7, 2016, Daily KOS
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/4/7/1511610/-Morning-Digest-David-Jolly-busted-for-trying-to-scrub-Scientology-ties-from-his-Wikipedia-page

FL-Sen: Rule no. 1 for political candidates: Never try to edit your own
Wikipedia page. Rule no. 2: Definitely don't try to scrub out
references to your links with Scientology. And rule no. 3: For
godsakes, don't associate with those lunatic Scientology slave-lords in
the first place! Republican Rep. David Jolly has, however, broken all
three of these rules. Jolly's ties to the "Church" of Scientology are
long-established and well-known. The group has a prominent headquarters
in the town of Clearwater, which is located in Jolly's district, and
Jolly has often participated in Scientology events: Just last year, he
was feted as a "guest of honor" at a Scientology festival.

Tags: Clearwater, David Jolly, Quicky, Wikipedia

======================================

Parents erect billboard in an attempt to reach Scientologist children
April 7, 2016, Alexandra Genova , Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3528221/To-loved-one-Scientology-Call-Parents-erect-8-000-billboard-desperate-plea-reach-children-lost-controversial-church.html

An LA couple have spent over $8,000 on a billboard advert in central
Los Angeles in a desperate bid to reach their children who they say
have been 'lost' to Scientology.

Former Scientologists Phil and Willie Jones have had very limited
contact with their son and daughter for years and the advert is a last
ditch attempt to reach out to them.

The billboard was erected on Glendale Blvd in Echo Park Monday after
two Billboard companies pulled out of the contract last minute.

It reads: 'To my loved one in Scientology...call me' against a backdrop
of hundreds of family photos of those who have been affected by the
church's 'disconnection' program.

Tags: Billboard, Call Me, David Miscavige, Disconnection, Emily Jones,
Facebook, Former Scientologists, Glendale, GoFundMe, Hollywood, John
Travolta, LAist, Lamar Media, Los Angeles, Marty Rathbun, Mike Jones,
Outfront Media, Page Six, Phil Jones, Regency Outdoor, Sea Org, Suppressive
Person, Tom Cruise, Underground Bunker, Willie Jones

======================================

Phil Jones reflects on the media frenzy at the dedication of his anti-
Scientology billboard
April 7, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2016/04/07/phil-jones-reflects-on-the-media-frenzy-at-the-dedication-of-his-anti-scientology-billboard/

Phil and Willie Jones and their billboard have really hit the big time.
Expect to see them on both the Today Show on NBC and Good Morning
America on ABC this morning.

Yesterday, we sat back and let our commenters report on the action
happening in Los Angeles as the billboard, which we reported had gone
up on Monday morning, attracted a gaggle of television teams to film
the dedication ceremony. We asked Phil at the end of the day if he
would send us some thoughts about how it had gone. He sent us the
following, and we're also grateful to several Bunker readers who
supplied us with photos.

Wednesday was 'Billboard Dedication Day.' It turned out to be a lot
more than we possibly could have imagined. Since the billboard went up
on Monday we figured it would be a bit low key on Wednesday, with maybe
5 or 10 people, and if we were lucky a news crew or two.

Tags: 1970, 20/20, Billboard, Chris Shelton, Chris White, Daily Mail, East
Grinstead, England, Florida, Gore v. Narconon, Heidi Gore, Inside Edition,
Jamie DeWolf, Judge Carol Edmead, Los Angeles, Mike Rinder, Mission,
Narconon, Nathaniel Gore, NBC, New York, Nora Crest, Phil Jones, Quicky,
Saint Hill, Saint Hill Manor, Sec Check, Today Show, Tom Cruise, UK, Willie
Jones

======================================

Porkins Policy Radio episode 48 Aaron Smith Levin on growing up in Scientology
April 7, 2016, Porkins Policy Radio, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtzHElC5Qj0

Today we are joined by former second-generation Scientologist Aaron
Smith-Levin. Aaron became a member of the Church of Scientology at
around the age of 4, after his mother joined up in Philadelphia. Aaron
details his life within Scientology, from joining staff at age 12, to
signing his billion year Sea Org contract in his 20's, to eventually
leaving the cult along with his wife and children. We discuss what it
was like as a child growing up knowing nothing other than Scientology.
We discuss how Scientology is often contradictory and at odds with its
own belief system, along with the posthumous influence of L Ron
Hubbard, regarded by Scientologists as both god and man.

Later Aaron relates the fascinating story of how Patt and Annie Broeker
were ousted by David Miscavige in the course of his quest to gain
control of the group. We also discuss Scientology's dangerous and
barbaric views about disabled people; Aaron describes the "superman"
mentality of Scientologists and how they blame disabled people for
their handicaps. Aaron explains that Scientology doesn't regard them as
worthy of help, and explains the Scientological concept of "making the
able more able." We round off the podcast with a discussion of the
current state of Scientology -- Aaron and I talk about the involvement
of Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam with Scientology, and what
this means for the future. We briefly consider the rumors of OJ Simpson
being a Scientologist, and Aaron notes some other interesting
celebrities who dabbled in Scientology.

For show notes and Mp3 download please visit:
https://porkinspolicyreview.
com/2016/04/07/porkins-policy-radio-ep-48-aaron-smith-levin-on-growing-up-in-scientology/

Tags: Aaron Smith-Levin, Annie Broeker, David Miscavige, L. Ron Hubbard,
Louis Farrakhan, Nation of Islam, Pat Broeker, Philadelphia, Sea Org, Video

======================================

Scientology, Sexuality and Suicide with Former Scientologist Nora Crest
April 7, 2016, TheLipTV, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmRUQCSPSMY

Scientology's problem with sexuality, gays, and gender fluidity is
discussed with ex-Scientologist Nora Crest. Crest details growing up
within the walls of the church, entering Sea Org and the dangers and
consequences of sexual exploration under the watchful eye of the church.
L. Ron Hubbard's decidedly anti-gay positions, and how pressure within
Scientology drove her to a harrowing suicide attempt is all exposed in
this episode of Media Mayhem hosted by Allison Hope Weiner.

GUEST BIO:

Nora Crest is a survivor of the Cult of Scientology. Born in. Worked
for, as clergy for them for 5 years at the Celebrity Centre
International, got sent to their Concentration/ReConditioning Camp
called the RPF (Rehabilitation Project Force) for almost 3 years and
escaped. I am a realist. I know that a lot of that crazy rubbed off on
me and I am still working on scrubbing it off.

Tags: Allison Hope Weiner, Buddha, Celebrity Centre, Cult, Dianetics, Leaving
Scientology, Nora Crest, Quicky, Rehabilitation Project Force, Sea Org,
Suicide, Tom Cruise

======================================

Thursday Funnies
April 7, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-78/

The Old Guard

Generally reflecting the state of scientology, the old guard is pretty
much all there is left...

Fatten them up before the slaughter...

Tags: 2011, AOSHUK, Atlanta, Cincinnati, David Miscavige, Freewinds, Ideal
Org, John Danilovich, OT VIII, Porn, Quicky, Scientology Media Productions,
Thursday Funnies

======================================

Regraded Being
April 7, 2017, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/friday-regraded-being-91/

Tags: Quicky, Regraded Being

======================================

Trump's Troll Army Isn't Ready for War in Syria
April 7, 2017, Ben Schreckinger, Politico
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/04/trump-alt-right-syria-war-214998

The fractured elements of what was once called the alt-right were
unified once more on Thursday night in condemning Donald Trump's
airstrike in Syria as a mistake. Or as Milo Yiannopoulos put it, "FAKE
and GAY."

This loose confederation of Web-savvy, anti-establishment right-wingers
formed an important vanguard of Trump's online support in last year's
election, and its unified opposition to the airstrike forewarns a
political downside to intervention in Syria. While foreign wars tend to
boost presidents' popularity in the short term, Trump risks losing the
segments of his base that flocked to his isolationist, "America First"
message.

In addition to its nationalist, anti-interventionist and
anti-"globalist" views, the alt-right and its fellow travelers have
also displayed a marked affinity for Syria's ally Russia, whose
government has returned the love by tweeting images of the alt-right's
mascot, Pepe the Frog, from official accounts. In reacting to the
airstrikes, leaders of the movement placed those ideological reflexes
over their personal loyalty to Trump.

Tags: 2000, Alt-Right, America First, Barack Obama, Charles Johnson, Donald
Trump, Donald Trump Jr, Easter, Gavin McInnes, Hollywood, Iraq, Mike
Cernovich, Milo Yiannopoulos, NBC News, Proud Boys, Pulitzer Prize, Richard
Spencer, Ricky Vaughn, Russia, Skype, Stefan Molyneux, Syria, Twitter, White
nationalism

======================================

XENU VICTORIOUS: Scientology bamboozles USA Today to help it fight the 'evil
psychs'
April 7, 2017, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2017/04/07/xenu-victorious-scientology-bamboozles-usa-today-to-help-it-fight-the-evil-psyhcs/

You really have to hand it to Scientology. It just never gives up.

Sure, the church may be shrinking and on a collision course with
oblivion, but the people who remain after all the theetie weetie
dilettantes have been chased off are hardcore fanatics, and church
leader David Miscavige has them pushing Scientology's sneaky front
groups in all kinds of directions and with all kinds of clever efforts
at subterfuge.

One of our eagle-eyed tipsters noticed a very subtle and successful new
move by someone we've told you about before. He's Kenneth Kramer, a
private investigator who helps Scientology agitate against the
psychiatric profession, which L. Ron Hubbard hated with a passion. Even
today, as it dwindles, the church believes that it's on a mission to
destroy the psychiatric profession utterly.

Tags: 1959, 1967, 2016, Canada, CCHR, Clearwater, David Miscavige, Denver,
East Grinstead, Farsec, Flag Land Base, Fort Harrison, Freedom Medal,
Holocaust, Ken Kramer, Los Angeles, Mike Rinder, Oak Cove, Private
investigator, Psychiatry: An Industry of Death Museum, Quicky, Saint Hill
Manor, Sexual assault, Sunset Boulevard, Tampa Bay Times, Tracey McManus, UK,
USA Today, Xenu

======================================

Critical Q&A #154
April 7, 2018, Chris Shelton, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D2tdrGbfMo

The show where I answer your questions. Please leave any comments or
feedback in the comments section here below. I see everything and want
to hear from you.

SHOP FOR CRITICAL MERCHANDISE

http://shop.spreadshirt.com/chrisshelton

Tags: Audio, Critic, Quicky, Scientology: A to Xenu

======================================

Ideal Org BS
April 7, 2018, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/ideal-org-bs/

Here is the reality of an "ideal org".

They bring in virtually all the staff from outside the area - even from
outside the COUNTRY.

In fact, they circulate a bunch of these people around from one ideal
org to the next to create the appearance that there is a bustling staff
ready, willing and able to serve the floods of people who will begin
arriving the minute the doors open.

Tags: Clearwater, Ideal Org, Orlando, Peggy Seiwert, Quicky

======================================

Scientology - Tony Ortega interviewed by Chris Crimy (2017 PODCAST)
April 7, 2018, Xenu Misc Cabbage, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aOy-w-85tU

Chris Crimy: "In this first part of my conversation with Tony, he talks
about covering Scientology, possible Trump connections and much more!

I also have been in touch with Lori Hodgson. She was disconnected from
her son and daughter when the "Church" made them choose. Later when
they were on TV as part of a "POW" style propaganda video, Lori was
deeply hurt. She still loves her children and wants them in her life.
She wrote letters to them expressing this. In the event this podcast
somehow reaches them, I promised to read them on the air.

Plus a special past guest drops in and we have a great brief chat!!

Tags: 2017, Aftermath Foundation, Big Blue, Call Me, Come Get Sum, Cult,
David Miscavige, DC, Disconnection, Lori Hodgson, Marty Rathbun, Miami, OT,
Phil Jones, Quicky, Tony Ortega, Twitter

======================================

Scientology the Dark Side on the Net
April 7, 2018, ToryMagoo44, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7VflWgxItk

I've told this before for many years...but I think it's important to

remind people, especially as we have so many new people interested.

THIS IS IMPORTANT. I'm not saying people cannot disagree...no, that is
*totally* different than the 3 Goals of OSA. Check it out, and have a
wonderful week-end!! :) Tory/Magoo

Tags: Office of Special Affairs, Quicky

======================================

Scientology TV: David Miscavige's $4 Million Dollar per hour Vanity Project
April 7, 2018, Jeffrey Augustine, Scientology Money Project
https://scientologymoneyproject.com/2018/04/07/scientology-tv-david-miscaviges-4-million-dollar-per-hour-vanity-project/

We open our article with a graphic from Scientology TV:

This graphic is taken from Scientology's official website and informs
us that Scientology TV launched with only 25 hours of original content
(1500 minutes). This is hardly a number to brag about - particularly
after Scientology leader David Miscavige spent about $100 million to
purchase, equip, and launch Scientology Media Productions and
Scientology TV.

David Miscavige purchased the old KCET studio in 2011, so we also must
factor in the seven years of time he took to actually get his 25 hours
of original Scientology TV content on air. Looked at from a business
perspective, this is a terrible and inefficient use of time and money.
Like the Ideal Orgs or the Super Power Building, Scientology TV is yet
another money-grabbing and financially wasteful Miscavige vanity
project which absolutely fails to address the real issues that are
destroying the Church of Scientology from within and without.

Tags: 1947, 1948, 1951, 2009, 2011, 2017, ABC, Basics, Birthday Event, Bridge
Publications, Child labor, Colombia, Cult, David Miscavige, Dianetics,
Dianetics Foundation, Disconnection, eBay, Elisabeth Moss, Fair Game, Forbes,
HBO, Hollywood, Ideal Org, International Association of Scientologists,
International Scientology News, John Travolta, Kansas, KCET, Kelly Preston,
Knowledge Reports, L. Ron Hubbard, Laura Prepon, Nation of Islam, NBC, New
Jersey, Office of Special Affairs, OT, Richard Acunto, Rome, Scientology
Media Productions, Scientology TV, Sea Org, Super Power Building, The Way to
Happiness, Tom Cruise, Variety, Volunteer Ministers, Wichita, Xenu

======================================

Trump's man on campus
April 7, 2018, Politico
https://www.politico.eu/article/charlie-kirk-donald-trump-man-on-campus-turning-point-usa/

At the center of the puzzle of Turning Point USA stands one person:
24-year-old Charlie Kirk, the founder, public face and chief fundraiser
for Turning Point USA. He started the group just one day after he
graduated from Wheeling High School in suburban Chicago, saying back
then that Turning Point USA's mission was to cheerlead for the free
market. The donors I spoke to for this story still see that as central
to this mission. ("One thing I like about Turning Point," Willis says,
"is that it is educating these kids, right in front of their socialist
professors' faces, that what they are being told about capitalism is
wrong.") But Kirk, not unlike the GOP overall, has become split between
Trump - an ardent trade protectionist whose policies could push the
federal deficit over $1 trillion - and the free-market,
limited-government principles espoused in the group's charter.

Kirk spent the last several months of the 2016 presidential election
cycle working on social media outreach for the Trump campaign, building
close ties with the Trump family. Donald Jr., as the headline speaker
at Turning Point USA's annual summit in December, exchanged bro hugs
with Kirk before taking the stage. The president himself called Kirk "a
great warrior" at a White House conference on Millennials this past
March.

Others have praised Kirk, too. Kirk has been called "a rock star among
millennial conservatives," a "conservative boy wonder" and "the future
of conservative politics." But as Kirk and his cash-rich organization
have increasingly embraced Trump-style grievance politics, they've
recently been called some other things. Specifically: "Hateful,"
"unethical" and "racist." Still, the Trump wave appears to be pushing
them higher; Kirk, a relentless salesman for his organization, says
that fundraising has never been better and more than 100 new campus
chapters applied to launch in just the first few months of this year.
So what are they joining, exactly?

Tags: 1940, 2005, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, African-American,
Arizona, Arizona State University, Ben Shapiro, Bruce Rauner, California,
Candace Owens, Charlie Kirk, Chicago, Chronicle of Higher Education, Colorado
State University, Crystal Clanton, Dallas, David Horowitz Freedom Center,
David Koch, Donald Trump Jr, Environmental, Eric Trump, Facebook, Florida,
Foster Friess, Fox News, Gary Rabine, Gentry Beach, Heartland Institute,
Heritage Foundation, Illinois, Indiana, Jane Mayer, Jon Willis, Leadership
Institute, Marco Rubio, Maryland, Milo Yiannopoulos, Muslim, National Rifle
Association, Nevada, New Yorker, North Carolina, Ohio, Professor Watchlist,
Quicky, Reason Foundation, Republican, Republican National Convention, Rick
Santorum, San Diego, Sebastian Gorka, Silicon Valley, Success rate, Tampa,
Ted Cruz, Tomi Lahren, Turning Point USA, Twitter, University of California,
University of Wisconsin, Washington, West Virginia, White House, Young
Americas Foundation

======================================

Breaking the Billion-Year Contract of Scientology: Part 2
April 7, 2019, Ryan Sprague, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5hQA1Eg2Js

#Scientology #ExScientologist #Cult

On episode 103 of SOMEWHERE IN THE SKIES, Ryan is joined once again by
Joey Chait, an ex-member of the church of Scientology. In part 2 of
this series, they discuss what happened after Joey was kicked out of
the infamous "Sea Org" for being gay. Then Joey runs us through the
incredible story of how and why he was sent to federal prison,
testified under oath about what he endured in his lifetime with the
church of Scientology, and what happened when he finally left completely.

Then, Joey describes his interactions with the mysterious, new leader
of Scientology, David Miscaviage, and his complete hijacking of the
entire religion. Joey then answers listener questions to help clear up
misconceptions and confirmations about the church, its followers, and
what comes next for him as an ex-member speaking out against Scientology.

Tags: 2016, Cult, David Miscavige, Joseph Chait, LGBTQ, Los Angeles, Patreon,
Quicky, Sea Org, Twitter

======================================

Children in Scientology
April 7, 2019, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/children-in-scientology/

Some have been incredulous when told that young children participate in
scientology auditing and training.

And that it is PAID FOR.

Well, here is a new promo piece from the "ideal" org in Pasadena, right
under the nose of Church of Scientology International.

Tags: Church of Scientology International, Facebook, Pasadena, Purification
Rundown, Quicky, Twitter

======================================

Critical Q&A #205 - Livestream
April 7, 2019, Chris Shelton, Critical Thinker at Large
https://mncriticalthinking.com/2019/04/06/critical-qa-205-livestream/

This week, my wife Melissa and I did a live stream, answering a record
number of questions in the hour we did the show. We read the questions
out as we were going and some of them were just for my wife too! Enjoy!

Tags: Critic, Quicky

======================================

Critical Q&A #206
April 7, 2019, Chris Shelton, Critical Thinker at Large
https://mncriticalthinking.com/2019/04/07/critical-qa-206/

The weekly show where I answer viewer questions left for me in the
comment section of my Critical Q&A shows or sent to me by email at
AskChri...@gmail.com. This week, the questions I answer are:

(1) When I was a kid there was a story in a major magazine that talked
about how our skin was covered with little bacteria. I remember my Mom
and Dad talking about the fact that there was no way to scrub these
bacteria off and they were freaking out. Of course since then, science
has realize that these bacteria actually help us. Companies are
beginning to realize the importance of this microbiome and are selling
products that protect these bacteria, but at the time this first came
out, we were all very uncomfortable with the whole idea.

Jumping ahead to Scientology and "body thetans," I've watched a ton of
critics and only heard this touched on briefly. Some Scientologists,
after being told they're covered with little disembodied entities that
they can't break free of, lose it. I could see how this might send
somebody straight off a cliff since it's so similar to the microbiome
thing. From what I gather, Lisa McPherson may have even had this
problem. I'm not a psychiatrist but if somebody gets out of their car,
gets completely naked and walks around on the street in traffic, it
would make sense that they were trying to get rid of something that's
attached all over their body.

Tags: Critic, David Miscavige, Knowledge Reports, Lisa McPherson, Quicky, Sea
Org, Squirrel

======================================

Foreign 'expansion,' thanks to US Scientologists forking over the millions
April 7, 2019, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2019/04/07/foreign-expansion-thanks-to-us-scientologists-forking-over-the-millions/

Rod Keller keeps us up on the latest news about Scientology's plans for
expansion...

With the recent opening of the Advanced Org for Africa in Kyalami
Castle, attention is being given to a stalled project that Scientology
has not forgotten. It's the Advanced Org for Latin America at the
Palmas Plaza in Mexico City. The situation on the ground hasn't changed
since 2017, when we reported that officials sealed the building site
for lack of proper permits. But that doesn't stop the fundraising.

In order to open this island of sanity to deliver OT levels, a safe
environment at a continental level MUST be created. For this, LOTS of
campaigns on 4th dynamic MUST be executed RIGHT AWAY (CCHR, ABLE,
NARCONON, VMs?) And, of course, the building needs to be renovated
too!!!

Tags: 2017, 2018, ABLE, Advanced Org, Africa, American Power and Gas, Bob
Duggan, Castle Kyalami, CCHR, Clear, Colombia, Continental Liaison Office,
Copenhagen, Foundation for a Drug-Free World, Fundraising, Ideal Org,
International Association of Scientologists, L. Ron Hubbard, Los Angeles,
Mexico, Mexico City, Narconon, OT, OT IX, Rod Keller, Safe Point, Tom
Cummins, Valencia, Venezuela, Volunteer Ministers

======================================

FUTURE SHOCK: Scientology's secrets need to be taken seriously now that the
alien religion has landed in Scotland
April 7, 2019, Bill Bain, Herald Scotland
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17556435.future-shock-scientologys-secrets-need-to-be-taken-seriously-now-that-theyre-targeting-scotland/

LIKE serial killers and small men, Scientologists like to be taken
seriously. Some of them even wear suits ? civilised society's most
familiar reality distortion technique. With a matching blazer and
kecks, any rogue can take advantage of the subconscious mind's meek
subservience to authoritative garb, with instant wisdom and sincerity
bestowed upon the wearer.

Yet, even the subterfuge of Savile Row or Burtons' finest can't protect
a Scientologist from societal mockery. And certainly not in cynicism's
ground zero ? Scotland ? where the church has now inexplicably chosen
to purchase a large building in the heart of Edinburgh, after failing
in its bid to occupy the city's historic Lothian Chambers.

If its new Westfield House property is destined to become one of the
religion's infamously tacky headquarters, the sight of Auld Reekie's
skirted men blowing into sheep's stomachs to summon the dirges of
genocides past will only become slightly less ridiculous.

Tags: Edinburgh, E-meter, Ideal Org, Scotland

======================================

Jehovah's Witnesses at natural disasters seeking only their own: A first-
person report
April 7, 2019, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2019/04/07/jehovahs-witnesses-at-natural-disasters-seeking-only-their-own-a-first-person-report/

A couple of times recently in our discussions with Lloyd Evans, the
issue of Jehovah's Witnesses and natural disasters has come up.
Jehovah's Witnesses are obsessed with the idea that a bloody, global
apocalypse is imminent, and so we've wondered how the organization is
dealing with the actual localized catastrophes that come up from time
to time.

We did notice that at the JW.org website, there's a section for us
reporters called the "newsroom," and it struck us how many of the press
releases being put out by the organization had to do with counting the
number of Jehovah's Witnesses had been affected by an earthquake
somewhere, or some other calamity. And then, we happened to receive
this very interesting story from a reader named Michael Paddock, who
agreed to let us share it with you.

Michael Paddock: I was raised as a JW, and I lived totally convinced it
was the truth until a couple of years ago. I served as a pioneer/elder
and was invited to be a substitute C.O. So, I've seen some interesting
things. One of the more puzzling periods of my serving as an elder
involved the relief work done in connection with Hurricane Katrina. I
lived in Dallas at the time and many survivors were coming into our
area. The relief committee was focused on trying to find as many as
possible. One of the areas we were tasked with searching was Red Cross
shelters. To do this, my wife and I were sent to volunteer at the Red
Cross, which involved several hours of training as to their way of
handling things. The Red Cross are very concerned with protecting those
under their charge and limit any outside contact, for their safety. So,
it was necessary for us to become full-fledged members of the Red Cross.

Tags: Dallas, Hurricane Katrina, Jehovah's Witnesses, Lloyd Evans, Michael
Paddock, Quicky, Red Cross

======================================

Quebec City police investigate online threat against LGBTQ community
April 7, 2019, CBC News
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/lgbt-community-threats-1.5088100

The owner of Le Drague Cabaret Club in Quebec City filed a complaint
with police after a hate message was discovered on social media - a
message targeting the local LGBTQ community.

The message warned the club's customers that extremist groups were
organizing a "hunt" on Friday night in the neighbourhood where the
popular, long-time gay bar is located.

The warning message claimed the hunt would target members of the LGBTQ
community and "all those who identify publicly with the left." It also
mentions antifascists, non-binary people and people of diverse
backgrounds.

Tags: Alt-Right, LGBTQ, Quebec City

======================================

Far-Right Extremists Helped Create The World's Most Powerful Facial
Recognition Technology
April 7, 2020, Luke O'Brien, Huffington Post
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/clearview-ai-facial-recognition-alt-right_n_5e7d028bc5b6cb08a92a5c48?ri18n=true

Little is known about Ton-That, a 31-year-old Australian hacker who
moved to San Francisco in 2007. He made a name for himself two years
later by unleashing a computer worm that phished the login credentials
of Gmail users. Ton-That showed no remorse after journalists traced the
worm to him- he simply set up another phishing site.

By 2015, he had joined forces with far-right subversives working to
install Trump as president. They included Mike Cernovich, a
Trump-affiliated propagandist who spearheaded the near-deadly Pizzagate
disinformation campaign; Andrew "weev" Auernheimer, a neo-Nazi hacker
and the webmaster for The Daily Stormer; and Pax Dickinson, the racist
former chief technology officer of Business Insider who went on to
march with neo-Nazis in Charlottesville, Virginia.

In this far-right clique, two of Ton-That's associates loomed larger
than most thanks to their close connection to billionaire Peter Thiel,
a Facebook board member and Trump adviser: Jeff Giesea, a Thiel prot?g?
and secret funder of alt-right causes, and Charles "Chuck" Johnson, a
former Breitbart writer and far-right extremist who reportedly
coordinated lawfare against media organizations with Thiel. And
according to new documents obtained by HuffPost, Johnson appears to
have received funding from Thiel for a startup that the Southern
Poverty Law Center would label a "white nationalist hate group."
(Johnson has filed suit against HuffPost in Texas over a January 2019
article about his visits to members of Congress to discuss "DNA
sequencing.")

Tags: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 4chan, Africa,
Alan Dershowitz, Alt-Right, American Renaissance, Andrew Auernheimer, Anduril
Industries, Ann Coulter, Anti-Semitism, Atlanta, Australia, Barack Obama,
Bill Clinton, Bitcoin, Blackwater, Breitbart, Business Insider, BuzzFeed,
California, Catholic, Charles Johnson, Charlottesville, Chelsea Clinton,
Chicago Police Department, Chile, China, Christopher Cantwell, Chuck Johnson,
Clearview AI, Cleveland, Company, Congress, Corey Lewandowski, Coronavirus,
Croatia, Curtis Yarvin, Daily Caller, Daily Stormer, Dark Right, David Cole,
David Duke, DC, Delaware, Department of Homeland Security, Donald Trump,
Douglass Mackey, Drudge Report, Erik Prince, Facebook, FBI, Florida, Forbes,
Fourth Amendment, Garrison, Gawker, Geert Wilders, George Zimmerman, Germany,
Google, Hal Lambert, Hoan Ton-That, Holocaust, Holocaust denial, Hulk Hogan,
Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Indiana, IRS, Islamophobia, Jack
Posobiec, James O'Keefe, Jeff Giesea, Jewish, Katie McHugh, Kenya, Koch
Industries, Kremlin, LinkedIn, LSD, Machine Intelligence Research Institute,
Marko Jukic, Mike Cernovich, Moldova, Moscow, Muslim, National Policy
Institute, NBC News, Neo-Nazi, New Jersey, New York, New York City, New York
State Police, New York Times, Nick Denton, Palantir, Pamela Geller, Paul
Clement, Paul Nehlen, Paul Ryan, Pax Dickinson, PayPal, Peter Brimelow, Peter
Thiel, Pizzagate, Planned Parenthood, Police, Politico, Proud Boys, Red
Cross, Reddit, Republican, Republican National Convention, Review, Richard
Schwartz, Richard Spencer, Ricky Vaughn, Rudy Giuliani, Russia, San
Francisco, Santa Clara University, Sexual assault, Silicon Valley,
Smartcheckr, Southern Poverty Law Center, Stefan Molyneux, Stephen Miller,
Ted Cruz, Texas, The Sun, Twitter, Unite the Right, US Attorney's Office, US
State Department, VDARE, Virginia, Vladimir Putin, Wall Street Journal,
Washington, White supremacist, Wisconsin, YouTube

======================================

How a chance Twitter thread launched Trump's favorite coronavirus drug
April 7, 2020, Tina Nguyen, Politico
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/07/twitter-thread-launched-trump-coronavirus-drug-170557

In mid-March, a cryptocurrency investor, a law school graduate and a
self-described philosopher found each other on Twitter. They discussed
their hopes that a little-known drug called hydroxychloroquine could
help contain the accelerating coronavirus outbreak.

Two days later, two of them published a paper about the drug's
potential on Google Docs, falsely claiming the imprimatur of two major
universities and the National Academy of Sciences.

Three weeks later, the president of the United States said he himself
may take the drug and encouraged others to do the same.

"What do you have to lose?" Trump asked on Saturday. "I'll say it
again: What do you have to lose? Take it."

The events appear to be part of a remarkable domino effect that could
happen only in this moment, with this administration.

Tags: Adrian Bye, Anthony Fauci, Charlie Kirk, Chinese, Coronavirus, Dark
Right, Elon Musk, FDA, Fox News, Google, Greg Rigano, Hawaii, Jack Posobiec,
James Todaro, Jewish, Laura Ingraham, Medical, Michael Coudrey, New York, One
America News Network, Rudy Giuliani, Tucker Carlson, Twitter

======================================

In the pandemic epicenter, Scientology's New York Org puts on a fab virtual
'Sunday Service'
April 7, 2020, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2020/04/07/in-the-pandemic-epicenter-scientologys-new-york-org-puts-on-a-fab-virtual-sunday-service/

We want to thank the tipster who sent us a link to this fabulous video
put out by Scientology's New York 'Ideal Org.' It's pretty much
everything we needed in this moment.

We don't hear too much from the New York org. Despite its amazing
location right off of Times Square on 46th Street, New York City isn't
really a big Scientology town, and the church here takes a back seat to
the major outlets in England, Los Angeles, and Clearwater, Florida.

So it's fun to finally see some faces at the Time Square location, and
to hear from them as they, like all of the other orgs around the world,
try to fulfill "command intention" and promote leader David Miscavige's
program that he spelled out in a March 13 special bulletin.

Tags: 1950, 1972, California, Clearwater, David Miscavige, England, Facebook,
Florida, Ideal Org, Johannesburg, Knowledge Report, Los Angeles, New York,
New York City, OT, Quicky, Revolt in the Stars, Sea Org, Sunday service,
Sussex

======================================

The Last Day of The Last Days
April 7, 2020, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-last-day-of-the-last-days/

The Jehovah's Witnesses have been predicting the end of the world
"Armageddon" since the creation of the movement by Charles Taze Russell
in the late 19th century.

Some of their earlier predictions had specific dates, but as these came
and passed, and they came up with explanations as to why the dates were
not correct (generally that God was revealing more truth and making
things clearer now?) COVID-19 has their apocalyptic juices flowing.

The JW's are run by a group of old men called the "Governing Board."
There is a lot to know about the JW's and my good friend "John
Cedars"/Lloyd Evans (@lloydevanscedars on Facebook and @cedarsjwsurvey
on Twitter) is one of the world's leading experts on the subject.

Tags: Armageddon, Coronavirus, David Miscavige, Disconnection, Facebook,
Governing Body, Jehovah's Witnesses, John Cedars, Lloyd Evans, OT IX, Quicky,
Saturday Night Live, Stephen Lett, Twitter

======================================

The uncertain consequences of coronavirus deaths being undercounted for lack
of testing
April 7, 2020, Scott Pilutik, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2020/04/07/the-uncertain-consequences-of-coronavirus-deaths-being-undercounted-for-lack-of-testing/

[Regarding this story: Staggering Surge Of NYers Dying In Their Homes
Suggests City Is Undercounting Coronavirus Fatalities]

I've seen numerous TV interviews with hospital personnel saying that
they're not even bothering to administer tests if the symptoms are
obvious enough, and just treating patients on the assumption that they
have coronavirus. People are also being told to not show up to the
hospital unless and until the symptoms are severe enough to warrant
hospitalization. This approach, necessitated by exigency, is almost
certainly leading to an undercount of diagnosed coronavirus cases and
therefore deaths.

Being properly diagnosed will probably matter greatly, though it's not
immediately clear how just yet. But it's easy enough to imagine
insurance companies or the government denying coverage for
coronavirus-related treatment that wasn't diagnosed as such on the
basis that it wasn't diagnosed as such, or denying death benefits for
that same failure to diagnose.

Tags: Coronavirus, Dark Right, New York, New York City

======================================

Trump Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker: Report
April 7, 2020, Ron Dicker, Huffington Post
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/donald-trump-stake-company-hydroxychloroquine_n_5e8c41d7c5b6e1d10a696280?ri18n=true

President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that
produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly
touted as a coronavirus treatment even though his experts say there's
no strong evidence it works.

Trump "has a small personal financial interest" in Sanofi, the French
drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of
hydroxychloroquine, The New York Times reported Monday.

In addition, Sanofi's largest shareholders include a mutual fund
company run by major Republican donor Ken Fisher, the paper said.
Trump's three family trusts, as of last year, each had investments in a
mutual fund whose largest holding was Sanofi, according to the Times.
Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross also had ties to the drugmaker, the
Times reported.

Tags: American Medical Association, Anthony Fauci, Coronavirus, Dark Right,
Donald Trump, FDA, Fox News, New York Times, Republican, Rudy Giuliani, Sean
Hannity, White House (Trump), Wilbur Ross

======================================

Why Jared Kushner could be the most dangerous man in the US
April 7, 2020, Arwa Mahdawi, The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/07/why-jared-kushner-could-be-the-most-dangerous-man-in-the-us-covid-19

Natalie Portman once described Jared Kushner ? a former classmate of
hers at Harvard ? as "a supervillain". This seems unwarranted: while
the president's son-in-law is certainly a joker, he lacks the charisma
needed for supervillain status. Indeed, the man lacks any charisma
whatsoever; he has the presence of a piece of plywood.

In many ways, Kushner's wooden demeanour has been his greatest
strength: it has helped him fly under the radar. Politics has become a
reality TV show and quiet Kushner is often too boring to bother with;
it is far more interesting to focus on his glamorous wife, Ivanka
Trump, or his garrulous father-in-law. Yet over the past few years
Kushner has managed to insert himself into the highest levels of
decision-making while largely remaining behind the scenes.

That changed last week. On Thursday, Kushner, who has taken on vast
responsibilities in the Trump administration's response to Covid-19,
made his first public appearance at the White House daily coronavirus
briefing. His moment in the spotlight seemed to serve as a wakeup call
for the US. All of a sudden, it was glaringly obvious how dangerous
Kushner's hubris is. "I for one became even more fearful of [Covid-19]
when I saw how inept" Kushner is, said the Republican pundit Meghan
McCain on Monday.

Tags: Coronavirus, Dark Right, Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, New York Times,
Politics, Republican, White House (Trump)

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
April 7 in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/days/04-07.html