DMCA complaint

FreeThinker

Jan 25, 2007, 6:42:13 PM1/25/07
Hi All,

I received the following email with an attachment from the Religious
Technology Center. Anyone else get this. Is it time to adbandon this
user ID? Just thought that I would share. I have no intention of
giving up the fight to undress $cientology.

Freethinker

Date: Fri Jan 19 19:00:11 2007
From: <he...@google.com>
[ Add to Address Book | Block Address | Report as Spam ]
To: <freeth...@XXXXXX.com>
Subject: [#102192100] DMCA complaint

Google has been notified, according to the terms of the Digital
Millennium
Copyright Act (DMCA), that some of your Usenet posts allegedly infringe

upon the copyrights of others. The message IDs of the allegedly
infringing
posts may be found at the end of this message. The notice that we
received, with any personally identifying information removed, may be
found at http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=2808

Please note that it may take several weeks for the notice to be posted
on
the above page. For this reason, we have attached a copy of the notice
for
your reference.

The DMCA is a United States copyright law that provides guidelines for
online service provider liability in case of copyright infringement. We

are in the process of removing from our Google Groups search results
the
posts that allegedly infringe upon the copyrights of others. If we did
not
do so, we would be subject to a claim of copyright infringement,
regardless of its merits. See
http://www.educause.edu/Browse/645?PARENT_ID=254 for more information
about the DMCA, and see http://www.google.com/groups_dmca.html for the
process that Google requires in order to make a DMCA complaint.

Google can reinstate these posts into our Google Groups search results
upon receipt of a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2)
and
(3) of the DMCA. For more information about the requirements of a
counter
notification, and a link to a sample counter notification, see
http://www.google.com/groups_dmca.html#counter

If you have legal questions about this notification, you should retain
your own legal counsel. If you have any other questions about this
notification, please let us know.

The affected message IDs are listed below:
1160076609.9...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com
1159989163....@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
1159982428....@c28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com

Regards,
The Google Team

The Attachment was titled: ReligiousTechnologyCenter.tif:

MOXON & KOBRIN
ATTORNEYS AT LAW
3055 WILSHIRE BOULEVARD
SUITE 900
LOS ANGELES. CALIFORNIA 90010
TELEPHONE (213) 487-4468
TELECOPIER (213) 487-5385

Google Inc.
Attn: Google Legal Support, DMCA Coiiiplaints
16oo Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, California 94043

Re: Unauthorized Use of Copyrights Materials

Dear Legal, DMCA Complaints:
Unfortunately, I all! writing to you again concerning another copyright
matter, on behalf of our client, Religious Technology Center
("RTC"), the owner of the confidential Advanced Technology of the
Scientology religion and the holder of exclusive rights under the
copyrights applicable to the Advanced Technology materials. The
Advanced Technology materials are confidential, copyrighted works which
include, among others, the individual works
comprising levels known as "OT III" and "NOTs." These works are
registered with the United States Copyright Office under registration
numbers: TXu 257-326, flu 257-527 and flu 290 496. RTC also owns the
copyrights to certain "Inspector General Network Bulletins."
We also represent Bridge Publications, Inc. ("BPI"), exclusive
licensee of the copyrights to the published works of the Scientology
religion, which includes the work, "Purification Rundown Case Data
Purification Rundown Case Data," registration number TX i. 328 179,
and "The Nature of a Being," registration number TX 3-090-515.
Please be advised that RTC's and EPI's copyrighted works were
posted on a newsgroup without the authorization of our clients and are
now accessible from Google's usenet archive, in violation of United
States copyright law. We request that these works be deleted from
Google's archive. under the Message IDs set forth below.
They are located I have a good faith belief, and in fact know for
certain, that the posting of these works was not authorized by my
clients, any agent of my clients, or the law, I declare under penalty
of pet-jury that this information is accurate and I am authorized to
act on behalf of RTC and EPI in this matter.
Also, at least two of these postings were removed in August 2003 based
upon a similar DMCA letter to Google. Can you tell me how these would
have shown up again?
Thank you for your help with this.

Sincerely,
Ava M. Paquette

The letter follows with 7 pages of message ID's.

Android Cat

Jan 25, 2007, 7:44:27 PM1/25/07
FreeThinker wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I received the following email with an attachment from the Religious
> Technology Center. Anyone else get this. Is it time to adbandon this
> user ID? Just thought that I would share. I have no intention of
> giving up the fight to undress $cientology.
>
> Freethinker

> If you have legal questions about this notification, you should retain

> your own legal counsel. If you have any other questions about this
> notification, please let us know.
>
> The affected message IDs are listed below:
> 1160076609.9...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com
> 1159989163....@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
> 1159982428....@c28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com

Hmm, yep, the story of Xenu again (Hubbard version).

Date: 4 Oct 2006 10:20:28 -0700

The head of the Galactic Federation (76 planets around larger stars
visible from here) (founded 5,000,000 years ago, very space opera)
solved overpopulation (250 billion or so per planet, 178 billion on
average) by mass implanting. He caused people to be brought to
Teegeeack (Earth) and put an H-Bomb on the principal volcanos (Incident
II) and then the Pacific area ones were taken in boxes to Hawaii and
the Atlantic area ones to Las Palmas and there "packaged".

His name was Xenu. He used renegades. Various misleading data by means
of circuits etc. was placed in the implants.
<etc>

--
Ron of that ilk.

antisectes

Jan 26, 2007, 5:46:24 AM1/26/07

Oh, great. I forgot that I had to show some more every day god does to
the cult.

Here is another cultic secret from OT II insane "platens" (what is
certain now is that Hubbard did not survive, and still lesser as a Big
Being!!) (the originals can be found on Karin Spaink website...

==

"Big Being GPM ---------- Section 1
Trillions 16,780th also to 60,663.
EXPLOSION
Appearance of a Huge Being in sky.
(a) You Must Survive; (b) You Mustn't Survive
(a) You Should Survive; (b) You Shouldn't Survive
(a) You Can Survive; (b) You Can't Survive
(a) He Must Survive; (b) He Mustn't Survive
(a) He Should Survive; (b) He Shouldn't Survive
(a) He Can Survive; (b) He Can't Survive
(a) They Must Survive; (b) They Mustn't Survive
(a) They Should Survive; (b) They Shouldn't Survive
(a) They Can Survive; (b) They Can't Survive
(a) We Must Survive; (b) We Mustn't Survive
(a) We Should Survive; (b) We Shouldn't Survive
(a) We Can Survive; (b) We Can't Survive
(a) All Must Survive; (b) All Mustn't Survive
(a) All Should Survive; (b) All Shouldn't Survive
(a) All Can Survive; (b) All Can't Survive "

Eldon

Jan 26, 2007, 6:26:41 AM1/26/07
And while we're at it, here is a knockoff version by Harry Palmer, the
"creator" of the Avatar Course.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~jeta/avatar/wizard-lecture-entities.html

If you would like a research copy of his texts, send an e-mail to
para-paria(at)xs4all.nl for a demon download link.

On Jan 26, 1:44 am, "Android Cat" <androidca...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> FreeThinker wrote:
> > Hi All,
>
> > I received the following email with an attachment from the Religious
> > Technology Center. Anyone else get this. Is it time to adbandon this
> > user ID? Just thought that I would share. I have no intention of
> > giving up the fight to undress $cientology.
>
> > Freethinker
> > If you have legal questions about this notification, you should retain
> > your own legal counsel. If you have any other questions about this
> > notification, please let us know.
>
> > The affected message IDs are listed below:

> > 1160076609.931647.186...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com
> > 1159989163.417890.34...@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
> > 1159982428.657982.48...@c28g2000cwb.googlegroups.comHmm, yep, the story of Xenu again (Hubbard version).

Rev Norle Enturbulata

Jan 26, 2007, 6:51:38 AM1/26/07

"antisectes" <roger....@chello.fr> wrote in message

Now THAT sounds like something I could put into a song. One can almost
imagine [a] being on the left channel, and [b] on the right channel. All I
need is a public-domain recording of Tom Cruise saying something ridiculous
about psychiatry. Suggestions are more than welcome.

--
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2535187,00.html
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/9363363/inside_scientology

Rev. Norle Enturbulata
"Church" of Cartoonism
*
* " You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way
you can control anybody is to lie to them."
* -- L. Ron Hubbard, "Technique 88"
*
* "...Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her
crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes
exist...."
* L. Ron Hubbard, "Critics of Scientology", November 5, 1967
*
* "All men shall be my slaves! All women shall succumb to my charms! All
mankind shall grovel at my feet and not know why!"
- L. Ron Hubbard, "Personal Affirmations"

anticlamology

Jan 26, 2007, 2:33:32 PM1/26/07

On Jan 25, 6:42 pm, "FreeThinker" <freethinke...@excite.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I received the following email with an attachment from the Religious
> Technology Center.  Anyone else get this.  Is it time to adbandon this
> user ID?  Just thought that I would share.  I have no intention of
> giving up the fight to undress $cientology.
>
> Freethinker
>
> Date:   Fri Jan 19 19:00:11 2007

> From:   <h...@google.com>

> [ Add to Address Book | Block Address | Report as Spam ]

> To:   <freethinke...@XXXXXX.com>

> Subject:   [#102192100] DMCA complaint
>
> Google has been notified, according to the terms of the Digital
> Millennium
> Copyright Act (DMCA), that some of your Usenet posts allegedly infringe
>
> upon the copyrights of others. The message IDs of the allegedly
> infringing
> posts may be found at the end of this message. The notice that we
> received, with any personally identifying information removed, may be

> found athttp://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=2808

> Please note that it may take several weeks for the notice to be posted
> on
> the above page. For this reason, we have attached a copy of the notice
> for
> your reference.
>
> The DMCA is a United States copyright law that provides guidelines for
> online service provider liability in case of copyright infringement. We
>
> are in the process of removing from our Google Groups search results
> the
> posts that allegedly infringe upon the copyrights of others. If we did
> not
> do so, we would be subject to a claim of copyright infringement,

> regardless of its merits. Seehttp://www.educause.edu/Browse/645?PARENT_ID=254for more information
> about the DMCA, and seehttp://www.google.com/groups_dmca.htmlfor the

> process that Google requires in order to make a DMCA complaint.
>
> Google can reinstate these posts into our Google Groups search results
> upon receipt of a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2)
> and
> (3) of the DMCA. For more information about the requirements of a
> counter

> notification, and a link to a sample counter notification, seehttp://www.google.com/groups_dmca.html#counter

> If you have legal questions about this notification, you should retain
> your own legal counsel. If you have any other questions about this
> notification, please let us know.
>
> The affected message IDs are listed below:

> 1160076609.931647.186...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com
> 1159989163.417890.34...@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
> 1159982428.657982.48...@c28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com

Freethinker, that letter to Google is a scam.

First : RTC does NOT hold the copyrights to those materials mentioned.
RTC holds trademarks but not copyrights.

Second: BPI does not hold copyrights to any scientology materials. Only
44 of Hubbard's personal books and recordings, many via agreement with
Norman F. Starkey, trustee of acAuthor's Family Trust-B (on original
appl.: acBridge Publications, Inc. d.b.a. Bridge Audio)

New Era Publications does hold some copyrights in bulk form along with
some books like dictionaries so there is the possibility of NEP holding
some copyright to some of what was mentioned but none of those numbers
provided are listed under BPI or NEP. NEP is not named as a client in
their letter. BPI is.

Third: The number *TXu 257-326 is registered to:Claimant: acNorman F.
Starkey as Executor of the Estate of L. Ron Hubbard d.b.a. L. Ron
Hubbard Library Created: 1986
Not RTC. Now, there may be some form of registered agreement between
Starkey as Executor and RTC but it is not noted on ANY of the materials
mentioned and RTC is not even listed as a copyright holder at the US
Copyrights office.
( *see complete data below)

Fourth: Scientology clearly states that RTC is only the holder of
Trademarks: RELIGIOUS TECHNOLOGY CENTER HOLDER OF THE DIANETICS AND
SCIENTOLOGY TRADEMARKS
http://www.scientologytoday.org/corp/rtc.htm

Essentially RTC oversees correct application and USE of the trademarked
materials. That means that trademark oversite has ZERO to do with
Copyright oversite and because of this RTC cannot have a valid
complaint with Google on this point and in it's complaint against you.
Even if RTC holds some sort of agreement to provide copyright oversite
of the upper level materials, that does not make them the owner and
holder of the copyrights.

Nature of a Being: TX-3-090-515 is (COHM) Title: The Technical
bulletins of dianetics and scientology : vol. XII, 1980-1984 / by L.
Ron Hubbard. The Claimant: Norman F. Starkey, trustee of the author's
family trust-B d.b.a. L. Ron Hubbard Library.
Author on © Application:Church of Scientology International, employer
for hire. Previous Related Version: Prev. reg. 1981, TX 748-936. So
the L. Ron Hubbard Library would have to be filing the complaint on
that one if indeed, the nature of a Being is within that volume.

"flu 257-527 and flu 290 496" : These flu's don't exist in that system
and if you consider a misspelling of the first 3 letters, you get TXu
docs unrelated to Scn.

Only the NOTs was was clearly related to the title of the material but
Ava filed this for the wrong owner.

*The correct owner of this doc # TXu 257-326 is:
Claimant: acNorman F. Starkey as Executor of the Estate of L. Ron
Hubbard d.b.a. L. Ron Hubbard Library Created: 1986 Registered:
10Nov86 Author on © Application: text: L. Ron Hubbard; compilation:
Norman F. Starkey as Executor of the Estate of L. Ron Hubbard d.b.a.
L. Ron Hubbard Library, employer for hire. Special Codes: 1/B/D
Cross Reference: acL. Ron Hubbard , Estate of. SEE L. Ron Hubbard
Library, Los Angeles. acEstate of L. Ron Hubbard. SEE L. Ron Hubbard
Library, LosAngeles. TX-3-090-515 (COHM) Title: The Technical
bulletins of dianetics and scientology : vol. XII, 1980-1984 / by L.
Ron Hubbard. Description: 1 v. Claimant: Norman F. Starkey,
trustee of the author's family trust-B d.b.a. L. Ron Hubbard Library
Created: 1991 Published: 10May91 Registered: 18Jun91
Title on © Application: Technical bulletins, 1980-1984.
Author on © Application: Church of Scientology International, employer
for hire. Previous Related Version: Prev. reg. 1981, TX 748-936.
Claim Limit: NEW MATTER: compilation,additions & editing. Special
Codes: 1/B/L )

Did you transcribe this .tif or did google? The spelling and typing
errors are many. Perhaps the Reg # are not correct to begin with but
there are no 'flu' docs in the copyright system.

You can find all the above info and any other you may need over at the
US Copyright search database:
http://www.copyright.gov/records/

I hope you consider filing a rebuttal.
http://www.google.com/groups_dmca.html

ff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mehdjwaS48

FreeThinker

Jan 26, 2007, 3:21:27 PM1/26/07

On Jan 26, 11:33 am, "anticlamology" <anticlamol...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Did you transcribe this .tif or did google? The spelling and typing
> errors are many. Perhaps the Reg # are not correct to begin with but
> there are no 'flu' docs in the copyright system.

Thank you for your response Anticlamology. To answer your question,
after opening the .tif, discovered it contained pages of a scanned fax.
I converted the scanned image to a Word document. I did notice that
the translation contained several errors. I fixed the ones that I
noticed.

I have considered filing a rebuttal, but I am not sure on what basis.
I simply cut-n-pasted from Karin Spaink's page and the information
from: http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/index.html (Just helping to
spread the information)

Acording to the letter to DMCA Complaints:....

"OT III" and "NOTS." These works are registered with the United States
Copyright Office under registration numbers: TXu 257-326, TXu 257-527
and TXu 290 496.

..."Purification Rundown Case Data Purification Rundown Case Data"
registration number TX 1328 179, and "The Nature of a Beig,"
registration number TX 3-090-515.

Thanks aging for the reply.

Freethinker

Dave Touretzky

Jan 26, 2007, 11:50:51 PM1/26/07
In article <1169842887....@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,

FreeThinker <freeth...@excite.com> wrote:

>I have considered filing a rebuttal, but I am not sure on what basis.

Your basis would be: "these quotations are fair use as permitted under
17 U.S.C. 107, and therefore do not constitute a copyright violation."
It's that simple.

Here's a form for a counternotification letter:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Terrorism/form-letter.html

This form has been used successfully by other people to counteract an
Avagram. It works, and it's free. Two things that are NOT true for
Scientology.

-- Dave Touretzky: "Read 17 U.S.C. 107, counselor. Then bite me."
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets

John

Jan 27, 2007, 4:44:11 AM1/27/07

"Android Cat" <androi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I like the writing style.

His name was Xenu. He wore a badge.
The city was his mistress, and he had no other.

FreeThinker

Jan 29, 2007, 11:38:58 AM1/29/07
Thank you Dr. Touretsky....I will file the rebuttal!

I'll post the outcome.

Freethinker

On Jan 26, 8:50 pm, d...@cs.cmu.edu (Dave Touretzky) wrote:
.Your basis would be: "these quotations are fair use as permitted

John

Jan 30, 2007, 10:59:09 PM1/30/07

"Rev Norle Enturbulata" <not-eart...@orhotmail.com> wrote in message

> "antisectes" <roger....@chello.fr> wrote in message
>> Android Cat wrote:
snip

>> "Big Being GPM ---------- Section 1
>> Trillions 16,780th also to 60,663.
>> EXPLOSION
>> Appearance of a Huge Being in sky.
>> (a) You Must Survive; (b) You Mustn't Survive
>> (a) You Should Survive; (b) You Shouldn't Survive
>> (a) You Can Survive; (b) You Can't Survive
>> (a) He Must Survive; (b) He Mustn't Survive
>> (a) He Should Survive; (b) He Shouldn't Survive
>> (a) He Can Survive; (b) He Can't Survive
>> (a) They Must Survive; (b) They Mustn't Survive
>> (a) They Should Survive; (b) They Shouldn't Survive
>> (a) They Can Survive; (b) They Can't Survive
>> (a) We Must Survive; (b) We Mustn't Survive
>> (a) We Should Survive; (b) We Shouldn't Survive
>> (a) We Can Survive; (b) We Can't Survive
>> (a) All Must Survive; (b) All Mustn't Survive
>> (a) All Should Survive; (b) All Shouldn't Survive
>> (a) All Can Survive; (b) All Can't Survive "
>
> Now THAT sounds like something I could put into a song. One can almost
> imagine [a] being on the left channel, and [b] on the right channel. All
> I need is a public-domain recording of Tom Cruise saying something
> ridiculous about psychiatry. Suggestions are more than welcome.

Obviously to the tune of "I will survive".

Android Cat

Jan 30, 2007, 11:38:48 PM1/30/07