Melanie and Scientology?

paro...@epix.net

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96
Hello. I have made a web page devoted to the folk singer Melanie.
Soon after it was up and running, I got several letterws from people
asking why I was supporting a Scientologist. While I try not to judge
people for their personal beliefs, the more I hear of Scientology, the
more I hope Melanie has nothing to do with it.

If anyone knows for certain that Melanie is involved with Scientology,
please pass the information on to me. If it's true, I won't stop
listening to her music but, will feel compelled to remove all
information regarding her from my page. Too many people have paid too
dear a price for me to support Scientology in any way. Thanx. Roy

To the child without a promise, to the frightened and the tame.
Although it's just a whisper, freedom knows your name. Melanie Safka

Wim Vos

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
In article <4crs24$9...@guava.epix.net> paro...@epix.net writes:
>From: paro...@epix.net
>Subject: Melanie and Scientology?
>Date: Mon, 08 Jan 1996 19:42:24 GMT

whats the URL of your hopepage?, I like the sound of Melany
*** Wim Vos, Wolfheze, Netherlands ***
*** E-mail: wim...@xs4all.nl ***
a country with rules, needs them

ezlee.m.pressed

Jan 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/10/96
In article <4crs24$9...@guava.epix.net>, paro...@epix.net wrote:

>Hello. I have made a web page devoted to the folk singer Melanie.
>Soon after it was up and running, I got several letterws from people
>asking why I was supporting a Scientologist.

While I try not to judge
>people for their personal beliefs, the more I hear of Scientology, the
>more I hope Melanie has nothing to do with it.
>
>If anyone knows for certain that Melanie is involved with Scientology,
>please pass the information on to me.

Afore ya panic (I don't know if she is or not) consider this: when Scientology
manages to attract a CelebriClam (Tm), something they put a LOT of emphasis
upon, they invariably are treated to "Scientology Lite (Tm)".

The prctical effect is that, BASED UPON THEIR OWN EXPERIENCE they're exceedingly
unlikely to ever tumble to the fact that somethin's rotten in Clearwater
(they're too far upwind).

I've often speculated upon this, as I have had relationships with a bunch of the
CelebriClams and know many of them to be truly good & decent people. Great care
is taken to avoid EVER giving them anything to create doubts about their
involvement. For many of them, based upon MY experience, would waste no time
pulling the eject lever if they had a direct confrontation with the
slithery underside. YMMV.

Sincerely,

ezlee m. pressed, SP-3 & PTS since 1968

"As soon as man began considering himself the source of the highest
meaning in the world and the measure of everything, the world began to lose its
human dimension, and man began to lose control of it."
Václav Havel

Rev. Dennis L Erlich

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
e...@hq.marcab.sec-serv.org (ezlee.m.pressed):

>Afore ya panic (I don't know if she is or not) consider this: when Scientology
>manages to attract a CelebriClam (Tm), something they put a LOT of emphasis
>upon, they invariably are treated to "Scientology Lite (Tm)".

Very few Celebs get to see the people locked in the
basement of the Blue Beast or running around trees for
months on end, 16 hours a day in Hemet.

>The prctical effect is that, BASED UPON THEIR OWN EXPERIENCE they're exceedingly
>unlikely to ever tumble to the fact that somethin's rotten in Clearwater
>(they're too far upwind).

The stench may be leaking out through the crack provided
by internet.

>I've often speculated upon this, as I have had relationships with a bunch of the
>CelebriClams and know many of them to be truly good & decent people. Great care
>is taken to avoid EVER giving them anything to create doubts about their
>involvement. For many of them, based upon MY experience, would waste no time
>pulling the eject lever if they had a direct confrontation with the
>slithery underside. YMMV.

You have more respect of the Lead Sheep of the cult than I
do, ez. They don't bother to really sniff out where the
rotten smell is coming from. Even though they know it's
there.

>Sincerely,
>ezlee m. pressed, SP-3 & PTS since 1968

Rev. Dennis L Erlich * * the inFormer * *
<dennis....@support.com>
<inF...@primenet.com>
<tarbaby @ irc>

Ted Mayett

Jan 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/12/96
to inF...@primenet.com

inF...@primenet.com (Rev. Dennis L Erlich) wrote:

> The stench may be leaking out through the crack provided
>by internet.

The Moving Finger writes: and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.

That crack ain't sealing.
--
Ted Mayett

http://www.cybercom.net/~rnewman/scientology/marina.html

Steve A

Jan 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/16/96

David D. Rogers

Jan 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/17/96
In article <30faf9f...@192.0.1.1>, ste...@castlsys.demon.co.uk wrote:

:
: paro...@epix.net wrote:
:
: >Hello. I have made a web page devoted to the folk singer Melanie.
: >Soon after it was up and running, I got several letterws from people
: >asking why I was supporting a Scientologist. While I try not to judge
: >people for their personal beliefs, the more I hear of Scientology, the
: >more I hope Melanie has nothing to do with it.
: >
: >If anyone knows for certain that Melanie is involved with Scientology,
: >please pass the information on to me. If it's true, I won't stop
: >listening to her music but, will feel compelled to remove all
: >information regarding her from my page. Too many people have paid too
: >dear a price for me to support Scientology in any way. Thanx. Roy
:
: Don't do that - I'm sure that everybody's interests would be much
: better served if you just added a couple of links from your Melanie
: page to some Scientology critics' pages. And don't worry about
: "balancing" it by putting a link to the CoS own page - most critics
: have already got such a link on theirs, even though the CoS does not
: feel able to reciprocate.

I agree. It would be like saying that supporting Melanie is the same as
supporting Scientology which is ultimately impossible. Just because you
like her and her music doesn't mean you like everything she's done (or the
people she's associated with).

People in the arts (and people in general) do a lot of things that others
wouldn't consider doing. People in the public spotlight are asked to do
things that ultimately embarrass them, unknowlingly. I admit that I know
next to nothing about Melanie (other than what's been said here), but I
don't think it's reason enough not to have a web page devoted to her.
You're supporting the artist, not everything she does in her private or
public life. (And send me the URL for the page while you're at it. :)

If it makes you feel better, add a link or two to critical pages about
Scientology. Melanie probably wouldn't like it, but if there are any fans
that might be influenced to join, they might be deturred.

While I find the Co$ reprehensible, I'll be damned if I have to stop
liking every movie/music/whatever that a Scientologist was involved with.

[Posted/Mailed to Steve and paro...@epix.net]

Peace,

<> David

URL me at http://www.westworld.com/~gigo
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"You can kill a thousand; you can bring an end to life; you cannot kill
an idea."
--Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres on the assassination of
Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin (1922-1995)
-----------------
"We're brave. We're well financed. We believe that God is on our side."
--Netscape chief executive James Barksdale in a Reuters article, on its
chief competitor, Microsoft

Dave Glue

Jan 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/27/96
On Tue, 16 Jan 1996 01:05:59 GMT, ste...@castlsys.demon.co.uk (Steve
A) wrote:

>Don't do that - I'm sure that everybody's interests would be much
>better served if you just added a couple of links from your Melanie
>page to some Scientology critics' pages. And don't worry about
>"balancing" it by putting a link to the CoS own page - most critics
>have already got such a link on theirs, even though the CoS does not
>feel able to reciprocate.

I agree with that, to an extent. However, if the person is using
their celebrity status to popularize and promote the C0$, and
denigrate true medical alternatives, then I think their beliefs do
come into play. Of course, I could only talking about our wonderful
Kirstie Alley. I certainly had no problem with her character on
Cheers (not much else to choose from- ooo, what a stellar film
career), but after seeing her cutting ribbons at the Hubbard museum
and slandering legitimate practices like Psychiatry, I can't support
her income and subsequently, her support of the Co$. Luckily, she has
nothing I really _want_ to support, so it's no big loss. :)

Jonathan W. Hendry

Jan 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/28/96
Dave Glue wrote:

> I agree with that, to an extent. However, if the person is using
> their celebrity status to popularize and promote the C0$, and
> denigrate true medical alternatives, then I think their beliefs do
> come into play. Of course, I could only talking about our wonderful
> Kirstie Alley. I certainly had no problem with her character on
> Cheers (not much else to choose from- ooo, what a stellar film
> career), but after seeing her cutting ribbons at the Hubbard museum
> and slandering legitimate practices like Psychiatry, I can't support
> her income and subsequently, her support of the Co$. Luckily, she has
> nothing I really _want_ to support, so it's no big loss. :)

Which begs the question: Which OT level do you have to reach before your
scientology powers enable you to be a washed-up actress?

--

Jonathan W. Hendry Steel Driving Software, Inc.
Delphi and NeXTSTEP consulting and software development.

TarBa...@msn.com

Jun 20, 2015, 1:04:56 AM6/20/15
On Monday, January 8, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, paro...@epix.net wrote:
> Hello. I have made a web page devoted to the folk singer Melanie.
> Soon after it was up and running, I got several letterws from people
> asking why I was supporting a Scientologist. While I try not to judge
> people for their personal beliefs, the more I hear of Scientology, the
> more I hope Melanie has nothing to do with it.
>
> If anyone knows for certain that Melanie is involved with Scientology,
> please pass the information on to me. If it's true, I won't stop
> listening to her music but, will feel compelled to remove all
> information regarding her from my page. Too many people have paid too
> dear a price for me to support Scientology in any way. Thanx. Roy
>

> To the child without a promise, to the frightened and the tame.
> Although it's just a whisper, freedom knows your name. Melanie Safka

Melanie Safka Cult on facebook
http://www.pr.com/press-release/624339

john

Jun 20, 2015, 9:35:59 PM6/20/15
A sad attitude.

I saw her live in Australia last year, a large happy crowd, no
scientology reference on the night.

john

Jun 23, 2015, 5:17:27 AM6/23/15
On 20/06/2015 3:04 PM, TarBa...@msn.com wrote:
Anyway, this award to her was most likely done by the motives of the
CoS. Their frequent tendency to try and associate themselves with
something or someone for PR purposes.
Does any one know if Andrew Loog Oldham has much association with the
CoS any more? Could he have been embarrassed by the all the CoS
references he used in his book Stoned? Keith Richards dreamed the riff
from Satisfaction in the Harrison Hotel which is now part of the Sea Org
in Clearwater for one, gleefully pointed out in the book.

Skip Press

Jun 23, 2015, 11:55:19 PM6/23/15
Melanie was involved in the mid-1980s. She performed at the "Portland
Crusade" in the park there in support of $cientology, which fought a
battle against Julie Christofferson, a woman who was victimized by the
Portland $cientology organization.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/christofferson1.html

In article <mmb86s$nf7$1...@admiral.lightlink.com>, john

TarBa...@msn.com

Jun 24, 2015, 1:20:03 AM6/24/15
On Monday, January 8, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, paro...@epix.net wrote:
> Hello. I have made a web page devoted to the folk singer Melanie.
> Soon after it was up and running, I got several letterws from people
> asking why I was supporting a Scientologist. While I try not to judge
> people for their personal beliefs, the more I hear of Scientology, the
> more I hope Melanie has nothing to do with it.
>
> If anyone knows for certain that Melanie is involved with Scientology,
> please pass the information on to me. If it's true, I won't stop
> listening to her music but, will feel compelled to remove all
> information regarding her from my page. Too many people have paid too
> dear a price for me to support Scientology in any way. Thanx. Roy
>

> To the child without a promise, to the frightened and the tame.
> Although it's just a whisper, freedom knows your name. Melanie Safka

Melanie is receiving this award this month. http://www.pr.com/press-release/624339

john

Jun 25, 2015, 11:40:39 AM6/25/15
On 24/06/2015 1:55 PM, Skip Press wrote:
> Melanie was involved in the mid-1980s. She performed at the "Portland
> Crusade" in the park there in support of $cientology, which fought a
> battle against Julie Christofferson, a woman who was victimized by the
> Portland $cientology organization.

Anybody in support of scientology was in the same boat.
The Crusade was to victimize Julie Christofferson?

Skip Press

Jun 26, 2015, 12:43:54 AM6/26/15
In article <mmh7db$ma3$1...@admiral.lightlink.com>, john
Si.

wdo...@kaplan.edu

Oct 19, 2015, 11:36:36 AM10/19/15
On Monday, January 8, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, paro...@epix.net wrote:
> Hello. I have made a web page devoted to the folk singer Melanie.
> Soon after it was up and running, I got several letterws from people
> asking why I was supporting a Scientologist. While I try not to judge
> people for their personal beliefs, the more I hear of Scientology, the
> more I hope Melanie has nothing to do with it.
>
> If anyone knows for certain that Melanie is involved with Scientology,
> please pass the information on to me. If it's true, I won't stop
> listening to her music but, will feel compelled to remove all
> information regarding her from my page. Too many people have paid too
> dear a price for me to support Scientology in any way. Thanx. Roy
>

> To the child without a promise, to the frightened and the tame.
> Although it's just a whisper, freedom knows your name. Melanie Safka

That's what I heard. I can't believe that she is that stupid. Apparently she is

spider...@aol.com

Aug 30, 2016, 2:29:09 PM8/30/16

I believe Melanie is almost certainly involved in Scientology. She has recently been resident at The Manor Hotel, 5930 Franklin Ave. Los Angeles.

This is the address of TheChurch of Scientology Celebrity Centre International. Hotel rooms are for Church members only. She was there for some weeks in July and August this year (2016). However, I have no idea if she is still there.

TarBa...@msn.com

Jul 6, 2017, 4:45:16 AM7/6/17
Melanie is very involved in Scientology, so are her children. On YouTube you can see her son Beau Jarred playing with Joy Villa (woman that wore that awful Trump dress at an awards show). Beau Jarred and Joy Villa are on YouTube playing at the Nashville Scientology Celebrity center. Melanies daughter sings the praises of Scientology in the comments of a video titled "Scientology girl". Melanie spends a lot of time at the Nashville Scientology Celebrity center too.

rogerspo...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2017, 12:23:13 PM7/7/17
Den torsdag 11 januari 1996 kl. 09:00:00 UTC+1 skrev Rev. Dennis L Erlich:
> e...@hq.marcab.sec-serv.org (ezlee.m.pressed):
>
> >Afore ya panic (I don't know if she is or not) consider this: when Scientology
> >manages to attract a CelebriClam (Tm), something they put a LOT of emphasis
> >upon, they invariably are treated to "Scientology Lite (Tm)".
>
> Very few Celebs get to see the people locked in the
> basement of the Blue Beast or running around trees for
> months on end, 16 hours a day in Hemet.
>
> >The prctical effect is that, BASED UPON THEIR OWN EXPERIENCE they're exceedingly
> >unlikely to ever tumble to the fact that somethin's rotten in Clearwater
> >(they're too far upwind).
>
> The stench may be leaking out through the crack provided
> by internet.
>
> >I've often speculated upon this, as I have had relationships with a bunch of the
> >CelebriClams and know many of them to be truly good & decent people. Great care
> >is taken to avoid EVER giving them anything to create doubts about their
> >involvement. For many of them, based upon MY experience, would waste no time
> >pulling the eject lever if they had a direct confrontation with the
> >slithery underside. YMMV.
>
> You have more respect of the Lead Sheep of the cult than I
> do, ez. They don't bother to really sniff out where the
> rotten smell is coming from. Even though they know it's
> there.
>
> >Sincerely,
> >ezlee m. pressed, SP-3 & PTS since 1968
>
> Rev. Dennis L Erlich * * the inFormer * *
> <dennis....@support.com>
> <inF...@primenet.com>
> <tarbaby @ irc>

13,8 billion years ago Dear Ron produced a fart and in his gaseous cloud galaxies, stars and planets with life and planets with no life occured.

Some find the smell in universe as delicasy but most detect the smell of stinking shit.