Today in Scientology -- October 17th ******************************

Scientology Today

Oct 17, 2016, 9:02:11 PM10/17/16
Today October 17th in Scientology history

Drug Center Certification Delayed
October 17, 1990, Patti Weaver, Tulsa World
http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/drug-center-certification-delayed/article_c445da50-9ec9-5cc1-b5a7-4ceacb172f5a.html

The delay will give the state Board of Mental Health and Substance
Abuse Services more time to review the transcript from the four-hour
hearing as well as "other documents related to the program's
operation," Brown said.

The board had been scheduled to consider Narconon's certification
Thursday. A new date has not yet been set, she said.

A critical issue will be whether Narconon's approach to treatment,
which emphasizes saunas and vitamins, "falls within generally accepted
treatment practices," Brown said.

Tags: Bob Lobsinger, Certification, Gary Smith, Narconon, Narconon Chilocco,
Oklahoma Board of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Oklahoma
Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Rosemary Brown

The following is the text of the ad placed by the Scientologists in The New
York Times
October 17, 1996, Church of Scientology, CNN
http://edition.cnn.com/WORLD/9610/17/german.text/text.html

Practicing Religious Intolerance

To prevent a repetition of the persecution of religious minorities in
Germany in the 1930s and 1940s, the country's post-war Constitution
guarantees the right to religious freedom and practice. However, to
circumvent the Constitution and justify their attempts to deprive
members of the Church of Scientology of their civil rights, German
officials have bluntly asserted that Scientology is not a religion.

Tags: Germany, Nazi labelling

Scientologists not amused by Cruise spoof
October 17, 2005, Jeannette Walls, Today
http://www.today.com/id/9546089/ns/today-entertainment/t/scientologists-not-amused-cruise-spoof

ScienTOMogy.info has received cease and desist letters from the church,
threatening to sue the New Zealand-based Web site for copyright
infringement, according to various sources.

Tags: Tom Cruise

Anti-Scientology group "Anonymous" not so anonymous anymore
October 17, 2008, Veronique de Turenne, Los Angeles Times
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2008/10/anti-scientolog.html

Anonymous, the loosely-knit global group that targets Scientology with
pickets, demonstrations, spooky YouTube videos (3.2 million views so
far) and cyber-attacks became a bit more transparent today as one of
its members was charged with hacking a church website:

Tags: Anonymous, Dmitriy Guzner

Man Charged in Scientology Web Attack
October 17, 2008, Robert McMillan, IDG News Service, PC World
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/152445/man_charged_in_scientology_web_attack.html

An 18-year-old New Jersey man will plead guilty to the January online
attacks that took down the Church of Scientology's Web site, federal
prosecutors said Friday.

Dmitriy Guzner of Verona, New Jersey, was part of an underground
hacking group called Anonymous that has made the church a target of
several attacks. He was charged Friday but has agreed to plead guilty
sometime in the next few weeks, the U.S. Department of Justice said in
a statement.

Tags: Anonymous, Dmitriy Guzner

Teenage Scientology Foe Charged
October 17, 2008, The Smoking Gun
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/1017081guzner1.html

A New Jersey teenager who considered himself a member of "Anonymous,"
the shadowy underground group that has targeted the Church of
Scientology, was charged today with an online assault on the church's
web sites earlier this year. Dmitriy Guzner, 18, allegedly was involved
in a denial of service attack on Scientology web sites in January, a
plot that "contributed to the unavailability of the web sites,"
according to a criminal information filed today in U.S. District Court
in Los Angeles.

Tags: Anonymous, Dmitriy Guzner

31 Defending the Supervisor
October 17, 2009, Jonny Jacobsen, Infinite Complacency
http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com/2009/10/aline-fabres-accusers-decided-she-was.html

June 16: The Scientologist who supervised the Purification Rundown had
no case to answer: her accusers had decided she was guilty simply
because of her beliefs, her lawyer argued.

Aline Fabre's lawyer Ma?tre Aur?lie Cerceau, had not been impressed
with what she had heard on the other side of the court.

Her client was charged with the illegal exercise of pharmacy for her
part in running Scientology's Purification Rundown at the Paris
Celebrity Centre.

Tags: Aline Fabre, Aude-Claire Malton, Celebrity Centre, Clear Body, Clear
Mind, Jean-Fran?ois Valli, Paris, Purification Rundown, Quicky, Roger Gonnet,
UNADFI

Six More Out
October 17, 2009, Jefferson Hawkins, Leaving Scientology
https://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2009/10/17/six-more-out/

That's right, six. Four OT VIIIs and two OT VIIs.

The flash point for these and many other Scientologists has been the
increasing "Thought Police" interviews, as described in my last post.

That, and the fact that they are finding out that many of their friends
have also left the Church in disgust. They are finding that many of
their fellow OTs and Scientologists share their opposition to the
current off-Policy and criminal direction of David Miscavige's Church
of Scientology.

Tags: David Miscavige, Ethics Officer, Ideal Org, International Association
of Scientologists, L. Ron Hubbard, OT, OT VII, OT VIII, Police, Quicky

Eric Pickles calls on councils to end 'charity' tax deals for Scientology
October 17, 2010, Jon Jennings, Daily Express
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/205844/Eric-Pickles-calls-on-councils-to-end-charity-tax-deals-for-Scientology

Communities Secretary Eric Pickles believes the majority of voters do
not want the "controversial organisation" to be given the kind of
treatment usually reserved for charities.

He said local authorities should note the rulings of the Charity
Commission, which in 1999 rejected an application by the Scientologists
for registration as a charity after finding it was not a religion.

Tags: Birmingham, Eric Pickles, London, Sunderland, UK, UK Charity
Commission, Westminster

Investigation that makes tweets of us all
October 17, 2010, Matt Withers, Wales On Sunday
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/columnists/2010/10/17/investigation-that-makes-tweets-of-us-all-91466-27486785/

If you've been down a mine for the past couple of months, a reminder:
John Dixon, a previously obscure Cardiff councillor, wandered past a
Scientology centre while on a wedding ring-buying trip to London, and
wrote on Twitter that he better get away "before the stupid rubs off".

A Scientologist complained to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales,
who launched an inquiry.

Tags: John Dixon, Twitter, Wales

Mark McKinstry - Another Dissemination Genius Arises from the Ashes
October 17, 2010, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/10/17/mark-mckinstry-another-dissemination-genius-arises-from-the-ashes/

Some of you may know me. My name is Mark McKinstry.

I did my first Scientology service in October 1975 at the Davis
Mission, while a student at the University of California. I joined
staff a few months later. My staff experience has been primarily on
dissemination lines:

I was part of the Davis Mission Division VI, which was one of the
largest on the planet at the time.

Tags: 1975, 1977, 1982, 1987, 1988, 1997, 2007, 9/11, Author Services Inc,
Brazil, Bridge Publications, Chairman of the Board, Chiropractor, David
Miscavige, DC, Dianetics, Flag Service Organization, Frankfurt, Fred Harris,
Freedom magazine, Guardian's Office, Ideal Org, Int Base, International
Association of Scientologists, Jefferson Hawkins, John Travolta, L. Ron
Hubbard, LAX, Mike Rinder, Mission, Quicky, Rehabilitation Project Force, Ron
Miscavige Jr, Sea Org, Sterling Management, Steve Hall, Suppressive Person,
Tom Cruise, University of California, WISE

False Report Correction
October 17, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/10/17/false-report-correction/

Some witting or unwitting agents of David Miscavige within the Freezone
have been running a vicious black PR campaign against me of late. I use
the alternative "unwitting" as they could simply be what L Ron Hubbard
referred to as "dupes." In the early eighties Hubbard wrote of
unintelligent types who are false data prone. That means people who are
so confused in life and about society that they are prone to accept any
lie they encounter. The more energetic within the dupe category make a
pastime of spreading such accepted lies as far and wide as they can -
for a variety of reasons. They can be motivated by jealousy, vengeance,
or just plain parasitism, attempting to raise one's status by attacking
someone who they consider more important than themselves.

The particular propaganda line that is getting some traction apparently
in particularly out-ethics sectors of the Freezone is that I allegedly
censor free speech. The story goes that moderators on this blog are
wholesale preventing comments from appearing that might stir dissent.

Let me set the record straight. Here are actual statistics tracked and
logged electronically by Word Press, the company that hosts my blog.

Tags: 2010, David Miscavige, Freezone, L. Ron Hubbard, Office of Special
Affairs, Quicky

Scientology Mailbag: We Hear it from Church Members
October 17, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/scientology_mailbag.php

We also have a rich, robust free-for-all going on in our comments
section between Scientology church members, Scientology critics, and
independent Scientologists. I even get in there myself and spar with
folks from time to time. It keeps me on my toes!

However, despite the presence of that forum, some church members still
prefer to e-mail me directly. Knowing that some of our readers would
like to see how these folks react to our coverage, I thought I'd share
with you a few of their letters!

Tags: 1981, Australia, Canada, France, Gary Tanno, Germany, Hugh Urban, Janet
Reitman, Lori Hodgson, Mark Miglio, Narconon, Niacin, Purification,
Suppressive Person, UK

Hackers Evolve in We Are Legion
October 17, 2012, Michelle Orange, Village Voice
http://www.villagevoice.com/2012-10-17/film/hackers-evolve-in-we-are-legion/

Future anthropologists might describe the first 10 years of widespread
Internet use as a decade defined by the embarrassment of coming to
terms with a new mass technology. Because embarrassed is how even the
adventurous could sometimes feel: Am I doing it right? Are you sitting
in your basement trolling for fun? Nerd. Are you green enough to be
offended by a little trolling? Loser. A significant portion of early
online communication involved everyone telling everyone else to get a
life.

In We Are Legion: The Story of the Hacktivists, former Frontline
producer Brian Knappenberger's fascinating, incisive social history of
the online network known as Anonymous, those early grapplings are the
source of a strange and amorphous moral awakening. That awakening
occurred within a nascent society with its own culture (with trolling
its first art form), language ("lulz"and "moralfag" being two
coinages), value system (freedom of expression and information above
all), and sense of identity (where anonymity is claimed as a collective
sensibility, political position, and moral imperative). Having aspired
only to the expression of unmitigated id, its members began to discover
and develop their power to effect real-world change along with
good-time plunder.

Tags: 2008, 4chan, Anonymous, Arab Spring, Brian Knappenberger, FBI, Tom
Cruise, Wikileaks

Texas Blues: David Miscavige Forsakes The Largest State in the Lower 48
October 17, 2012, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2012/10/17/texas-blues-david-miscavige-forsakes-the-largest-state-in-the-lower-48/

According to a slick television ad that played earlier this year,
Scientology is adding 4.4 million new members around the world every
single year. At that rate, Scientology is adding more members than all
the Jews in the world in just a little more than every three years!

Some of us have expressed some skepticism about those numbers. But now,
even David Miscavige himself has gone and punched a big hole in his
public relations efforts.

Recently, the Scientology leader's attorneys filed a court document
which asserts, quite vociferously and repeatedly, that...

Tags: 1988, 2007, 2009, Alexander Jentzsch, Bert Leahy, California,
Clearwater, Colorado, Corpus Christi, David Miscavige, Debbie Cook, Florida,
Greg Arnold, Guadeloupe, Ingleside, Lisa McPherson, Marty Rathbun, Pat
Broeker, Paul Marrick, Quicky, San Antonio, San Patricio County, Sea Org,
Squirrel Busters, Texas, Tom Cruise, Tommy Davis, Xenu

Day After French Defeat, Scientology Handed A Friendly Verdict From The Dutch
October 17, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/10/17/day-after-french-defeat-scientology-handed-a-friendly-verdict-from-the-dutch/

Yesterday, France's highest court laid down an historic decision,
upholding a verdict that found the Church of Scientology's Paris
Celebrity Centre had fraudulently harmed people simply by applying
Scientology's normal processes.

It was the culmination of years of prosecutions, countered by the usual
circus-like Scientology court shenanigans in appeals, but ultimately,
France held fast. In that country, Scientology is not a religion, it's
a business that harms people. One more conviction, pointed out a member
of the parliament, and Scientology could be dissolved utterly in France.

Then, just a day later, a very different verdict a few hundred
kilometers to the north in the country of the Netherlands, which
granted tax-exempt status to Amsterdam's Scientology "org." News
organizations here in the United States are treating both verdicts as
if they were of equal import. (Meaning, they're running short wire
stories with no real details about either case.)

Tags: 1974, 1990, 1996, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, Amsterdam, Appeal, Celebrity
Centre, Dutch, Europe, European Court of Human Rights, France, Jonny
Jacobsen, Karin Spaink, Mike Rinder, Netherlands, News organization, Paris,
Quicky, Tax Court, The Hague, USA

Dennis Nobbe Still Has Money
October 17, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/dennis-nobbe-still-has-money/

OK, someone screwed up.

They sent out an email with a bunch of earlier emails attached.
Including travel itineraries and internal emails that presumably were
not intended for public consumption, let alone showing up on a blog on
the very outer fringes of the internet....

To remind you who Dennis Nobbe is, see the story here at Tony Ortega's
blog. In very abbreviated terms, the US Equal Opportunity Employment
Commission (EEOC) took the unusual step of suing him for forcing people
to take Scientology courses as part of his dental practice.

Tags: 2012, Alexandra Potter, Chiu Hoi Chan, Dennis Nobbe, Environmental
Protection Agency, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Field Staff
Member, Freewinds, Grant Cardone, L. Ron Hubbard, Marie Williams, Miami,
Michael Chan, NDA, OCA, OT, OT Ambassador, OT Committee, OT VIII, OTC,
Portland, Power FSM, Quicky, Tony Ortega, WISE

Dutch court rules Scientology tax-exempt
October 17, 2013, Associated Press, USA Today
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/10/17/dutch-court-scientology-taxes/3001465/

A Dutch court has ruled the Amsterdam arm of Scientology is a
charitable organization and exempt from paying taxes.

The ruling by the Amsterdam Appeals Court overturns a lower court
ruling that Scientology should be taxed because it charges adherents
for classes.

Tags: Amsterdam, Dutch, Legal, Taxes

Dutch court rules Scientology tax-exempt
October 17, 2013, Associated Press, Charlotte Observer
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/10/17/4394601/dutch-court-rules-scientology.html

The ruling by the Amsterdam Appeals Court overturns a lower court
ruling that Scientology should be taxed because it charges adherents
for classes.

The appeal court ruled that Scientology's classes "don't differ
significantly from what other spiritual organizations do, or can do."
It noted there are payment exemptions for members who can't afford them.

Tags: Amsterdam, Dutch, Legal, Taxes

France upholds ?600,000 fraud fine against Church of Scientology
October 17, 2013, RT News
http://rt.com/news/scientology-church-france-fraud-320/

A French appeals court has refused to overturn a 2009 conviction for
organized fraud against the Church of Scientology. The organization had
claimed the original verdict violated its right to freedom of religion.

The judge also upheld rulings pronounced against six individual members
of the church, including Alain Rosenberg, its head in France.

Tags: Alain Rosenberg, Conviction, European Court of Human Rights, France,
Fraud, Georges Fenech

French court upholds Scientology fraud conviction
October 17, 2013, AFP/al, Channel NewsAsia
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/french-court-upholds/850058.html

France's top appeals court on Wednesday upheld a fraud conviction and
hundreds of thousands of euros in fines against the Church of
Scientology for taking advantage of vulnerable followers.

The Cour de Cassation rejected the organisation's request that a 2009
conviction for "organised fraud" be overturned on the grounds it
violated religious freedoms.

The group has previously indicated it will appeal the conviction to the
European Court of Human Rights.

Tags: Celebrity Centre, Conviction, Cour de Cassation, European Court of
Human Rights, France, Fraud, Georges Fenech, Legal

Scientology wins Dutch tax exemption status as a faith institute
October 17, 2013, DutchNews
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2013/10/scientology_wins_dutch_tax_exe.php

The verdict overturns a lower court decision which said the tax office
is right in the way it treats Scientology. The court case stemmed from
a tax office refusal to grant Scientology ANBI status, which is applied
to religious and spiritual organisations and allows them, for example,
to benefit from gifts.

The tax office had argued Scientology does not qualify as an ANBI
institution because it also charges members for its audit and training
programmes. However, the appeal court ruled that other churches also
charge for training, such as becoming a priest.

Tags: Amsterdam, Dutch, Taxes

Scientology: Hypnotism or Persuasion
October 17, 2013, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/10/17/scientology-hypnotism-or-persuasion/

Jefferson Hawkins began an insightful deconstruction of Scientology
ethics in an interview with Tony Ortega at his Scientology Underground
Bunker page. I believe the techniques Jeff exposed had (have) broader
application in the process that Scientology employs in implanting its
constructs as hard-bound reality. It is not limited to the
indoctrination on ethics. I had noted this myself while spending
several months of each day listening to a Hubbard lecture from the
fifties and sixties.

In an early chapter of The Tao of Physics, Fritjof Capra gives an
accurate and concise history of the evolution of logic and thought in
the West and the East. In doing so, he necessarily mentions virtually
every significant philosopher who lived and wrote over the past couple
millennia. I read that after the stint of listening to dozens of
Hubbard lectures given over a two decade period. Here is my
contemporaneous margin note at the end of the chapter on evolution of
thought in The Tao of Physics:

'By this point (20th Century) in history, Hubbard has invalidated and
laid to waste every great thinker who made possible and contributed to
his way of thinking.'

Tags: Dianetics, Hypnosis, Jefferson Hawkins, Quicky, Tony Ortega,
Underground Bunker

Starting Today: Jefferson Hawkins Helps Us Get Our Scientology Ethics In!
October 17, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/10/17/starting-today-jefferson-hawkins-helps-us-get-our-scientology-ethics-in/

Jefferson Hawkins was once the top marketing executive for the Church
of Scientology and helped it reach its greatest extent with the famous
"volcano" TV ads in the 1980s. He's told his tale of getting into and
out of the church with his excellent books Counterfeit Dreams and
Leaving Scientology, and he's helping us understand the upside-down
world of Scientology "ethics."

Jeff, we're thrilled that you've offered to help us slog through L. Ron
Hubbard's book Introduction to Scientology Ethics. If there's one
subject we'd like to have a better understanding of, it's the complex
system of control that Hubbard invented. One of the things that
non-Scientologists have trouble understanding is how Scientologists can
talk so much about "ethics" and yet do things that a normal person
would consider unethical - such as disconnection, the RPF,
participating in shady business deals, and a host of other questionable
actions. Do they have a different definition of "ethics" than the rest
of us?

JEFFERSON: Very much so, and this is the book where Hubbard lays out
his own definition of ethics and his system of "getting one's ethics in.
"

Tags: 1952, 1960, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1980, 1984, 2000, 2002, After
Earth, Atlanta, Australia, Battlefield Earth, Canada, Conditions, Congress,
Counterfeit Dreams, Dianetics, Disconnection, Ethics, Europe, European Court
of Human Rights, France, Fraud, George Orwell, Georgia, Google, Ideal Org,
Infinite Complacency, Jefferson Hawkins, Jonny Jacobsen, Leaving Scientology,
Milton, Narconon, Oklahoma, Paris, Potential Trouble Source, Quicky,
Rehabilitation Project Force, Saint Hill, Sandy Springs, Scientology
organization, Sea Org, Suppressive Person, Tom Cruise, UK

10 health stories that mattered this week
October 17, 2014, Roger Collier, Canadian Medical Association Journal
http://www.cmaj.ca/site/earlyreleases/17oct14_10_health_stories_that_mattered_this_week.xhtml

Several Alberta Health Services' employees complained about being
pressured to attend seminars by Landmark Education Corp., a
self-improvement company that has been accused of using coercive and
manipulative methods. Internal documents obtained by CBC News indicate
one human resources advisor warned that making employees attend the
controversial seminars could be "seen as a form of harassment."

Tags: Alberta, Alberta Health Services, Canadian Medical Association,
Landmark, Landmark Education

Scientology leader David Miscavige gets in just under the wire in NAFC lawsuit
October 17, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2014/10/17/scientology-leader-david-miscavige-gets-in-just-under-the-wire-in-nafc-lawsuit/

On September 23, we told you about the struggles of a process server
who was trying to serve a lawsuit on Scientology leader David Miscavige.
Despite the best efforts of the security guards at the Hollywood
Guaranty Building to keep the process server from getting anywhere near
Miscavige, he managed to succeed under California law by making three
attempts and then mailing a copy to the Scientology honcho.

The clock then began ticking for Miscavige to do something after all
the time he's spent ignoring the lawsuit filed in May by the National
Association of Forensic Counselors.

The NAFC accuses Miscavige and Scientology of a years-long conspiracy
to misuse the credentialing organization's logos and certifications in
order to make Scientology's drug rehab network, Narconon, appear more
legitimate than it is. The lawsuit names 82 defendants, and since the
suit was filed in federal court in Oklahoma, those defendants have been
scrambling to get representation and file motions to dismiss or
"special appearances." In the latter, a defendant argues that the court
has no jurisdiction over them.

Tags: California, Claire Headley, Comal County, David Miscavige, Hollywood
Guaranty Building, Judge Dib Waldrip, Leslie Hyman, Monique Rathbun,
Narconon, Narconon Arrowhead, National Association of Forensic Counselors,
Oklahoma, Quicky, SLAPP, Texas, Texas Third Court of Appeals

Making A Living "Busting Psychs"
October 17, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/making-a-living-busting-psychs/

Our old friend Ken Kramer has gotten himself into the fundraising
business.

It seems to have become part of the ethnicity of being a scientologist.

You can bet that he is making his living doing this. He found a little
niche and is making a pitch for people to give him money to "destroy
the psychs" - he is a mini-IAS!

Tags: Australia, CCHR, England, Facebook, International Association of
Scientologists, Ireland, Ken Kramer, License, New Zealand, Private
investigator, Quicky, Researcher, Scotland, South Africa, USA, Wales

When Scientology makes you a villain, you understand that it rules its
members by fear
October 17, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/17/when-scientology-makes-you-a-villain-you-understand-that-it-rules-its-members-by-fear/

Jon Atack is the author of A Piece of Blue Sky, one of the very best
books on L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology. He has a new edition of the
book for sale, and for more than a year on Saturdays he helped us sift
through the legends, myths, and contested facts about Scientology that
tend to get hashed and rehashed in books, articles, and especially on
the Internet. He was kind enough to send us a new post.

It was great to see you again in London, Jon. And thanks again for
sending along a new piece. We talked a little about this subject at the
Old Mitre Pub the other day, but we're glad to see you go into it at
length...

JON: Former members often tell me that when they were in the cult, I
was considered extraordinarily dangerous: a b?te noir, indeed. Thirty
years on, I should be used to this thought, but when I look in the
mirror I don't see a fiend with horns and a tail. Instead, I see a
usually smiling and generally genial man who has always been puzzled by
the fear and loathing of Scientologists.

Tags: 1982, 2014, A Piece of Blue Sky, Anderson Cooper, Buddhism, Class VI,
Clear, Dan Luzadder, David Miscavige, Denver, Disconnection, East Grinstead,
England, Fair Game, Florida, Gerry Armstrong, Going Clear: Scientology and
the Prison of Belief, Hinduism, Hollywood, Japan, Jennifer Johnson-Lankheim,
Jesse Prince, John McMaster, John Sugg, Jon Atack, Kendrick Moxon, Lawrence
Wright, Leah Remini, London, Los Angeles, Marty Rathbun, Mission, Moonies,
Movie, New Yorker, Office of Special Affairs, OT, OT III, Pasadena, Posse of
Lunatics, Private investigator, Quicky, Sea Org, Shelly Miscavige, Tom
Cruise, Tone Scale, Toronto, Wogs, Xenu

Scientology finally uses trillions of years of wisdom for something useful:
The perfect burger
October 17, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2016/10/17/scientology-finally-uses-trillions-of-years-of-wisdom-for-something-useful-the-perfect-burger/

A couple of our great tipsters alerted us to the amazing new brochure
that Scientology has put out in the Los Angeles area, and we wanted to
share some highlights from it with you. Because now, more than ever,
there's every reason to get your billion- and trillion-year traumas
exhumed at Scientology's main Los Angeles complex, "Big Blue," and then
enjoy a tasty meal!

Scientology painted the place blue after buying the old Cedars of
Lebanon Hospital on Fountain Avenue in 1977, just a few months before
the FBI raided the place that year. It houses a number of different
Scientology facilities, including the Los Angeles Ideal Org, the
American Saint Hill Organization (ASHO), and an Advanced Org (AO),
where wealthy church members move into the beginning "Operating Thetan"
levels. Scientologists sometimes refer to the entire complex as PAC
Base, for "Pacific Area Command."

We've also interviewed former workers who began their adventures in the
"Sea Org" and its billion-year contract by working at PAC Base. (See
this story about several young women who began their Sea Org work
there, and there's this story about a young woman, Jillian Schlesinger,
who made her escape from PAC Base a few years ago.)

Tags: 1977, Advanced Org, American Saint Hill Organization, ASHO, Big Blue,
Cedars of Lebanon, FBI, Hospital, Ideal Org, Jillian Schlesinger, Los
Angeles, Operating Thetan, PAC Base, Quicky, Sea Org

Scientology PR Tailspin
October 17, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-pr-tailspin/

You can tell how much fear is permeating the scientology PR bubble by
what they send out as paid press releases.

Here is their latest.

This is an attempt to shore up the walls against the increasing cries
for them to lose the cloak of religious protection.

Tags: Africa, Alex Gibney, Australia, China, Europe, France, Germany, Going
Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, Quicky, Russia, Taiwan

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
October 17 in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/days/10-17.html