Today in Scientology -- February 29th *******

Scientology Today

Feb 29, 2016, 12:28:27 PM2/29/16
Today February 29th in Scientology history

Report Urges Dissolution of Scientology Church in France
February 29, 2000, John-Thor Dahlburg, Los Angeles Times
http://articles.latimes.com/2000/feb/29/news/mn-3701

Scientology, the Los Angeles-based religion treated with suspicion and
hostility by several Western European governments, is now under siege
in France, where an official report has called for disbanding church
operations here.

A blue-ribbon government panel studying what French officials define as
"sects" has concluded that the faith, founded by the late U.S. science
fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, is a "vast enterprise of transnational
character" with its own private police force run clandestinely from the
United States.

Tags: Belgium, Conviction, Council of Europe, Cult Information Centre,
Daniele Gounord, Denis Barthelemy, France, Germany, Ian Haworth, Jean Tiberi,
Karin Pouw, L. Ron Hubbard, Mona Vasquez, Office of Special Affairs, Stacy
Brooks, William Walsh

Another PR Crisis for Scientology
February 29, 2012, Dan Harris, ABC News
http://abcnews.go.com/US/pr-crisis-scientology-abc-news-exclusive/story?id=15813613&singlePage=true

For 17 years Debbie Cook ran the church's spiritual mecca, the
so-called Flag Base in Clearwater, Florida, where she ultimately rose
to the title of captain. But Cook testified this month that beginning
in 2005 she saw behavior exhibited by church leader David Miscavige
that disturbed her deeply.

"I witnessed Mr. Miscavige physically punching in the face and
wrestling to the ground another very senior executive at Scientology
International level," Cook testified in court.

Tags: Apostates, David Miscavige, Debbie Cook, Flag Service Organization, Int
Base, The Hole, Wayne Baumgarten

Another PR Crisis?
February 29, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/another-pr-crisis/

ABC news dubs Miscavige's abuse and torture as Another Scientology PR
Crisis. (Good Morning America coverage). Ya think?

More in depth coverage is scheduled for tonight's ABC Nightline.

Tony Ortega at the Village Voice has published a bunch of Cook
litigation related documents, at Inside the Alamo. The last letter that
Tony posts is a not so subtle threat toward Debbie's counsel Ray
Jeffrey. Standard operating procedure for corporate Scientology: when
the law doesn't support you - argue the facts, when the facts don't
suport you - argue the law, when the facts and law go against you -
destroy opposition counsel by any means necessary. Dave apparently
missed the memo, the Cold War ended for everybody else a couple of
decades ago.

Tags: Daily Mail, David Miscavige, Marc Yager, Nightline, Quicky, Ray
Jeffrey, Tony Ortega, UK, UPI, Village Voice, Yahoo News

DEBBIE COOK COUNTERSUES SCIENTOLOGY: We Have Her Counterclaim, and the
Church's Legal Salvos
February 29, 2012, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/debbie_cook_countersues_scientology.php

Tags: 1980, 2007, Australia, Bexar County, Church of Scientology
International, Clearwater, Dan Harris, David Miscavige, Debbie Cook,
Facebook, Flag Land Base, Flag Service Organization, Florida, Gary Soter,
George Spencer, Judge Martha Tanner, Legal, Los Angeles, Marty Rathbun, Mike
Rinder, Monique Rathbun, Nightline, Ray Jeffrey, Religious Technology Center,
San Antonio, Sea Org, St. Petersburg Times, Tampa Bay Times, Texas, The Hole,
The Truth Rundown, Wayne Baumgarten

Pinellas school district officials sour on new charter for Scientology-
affliated Life Force school
February 29, 2012, Drew Harwell, Tampa Bay Times
http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/pinellas-school-district-officials-sour-on-new-charter-for/1217600

Life Force Arts and Technology Academy leaders asked the district last
month to amend the embattled school's charter to provide for a fresh
start.

But amid concerns that the tax-supported elementary school uses "study
technology," a Scientology teaching method criticized as a covert
recruiting tool, superintendent John Stewart recommended the School
Board reject the charter amendments at its meeting March 6.

Tags: 2008, 2009, 2013, 2016, Applied Scholastics, Art of Management,
Bahiyyah Sadiki, Bright Sky Learning, Clearwater, Fatima Talbird, Hanan
Islam, Jessica Lunsford Act, John Stewart, Life Force, Life Force Arts and
Technology Academy, Louis Muhammad, Nation of Islam, Pat Harney, Pinellas
County, Tony Muhammad

Billboard decrying Scientology 'disconnection' will be going up on Hollywood
Blvd
February 29, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2016/02/29/billboard-decrying-scientology-disconnection-will-be-going-up-on-hollywood-blvd/

What a way to celebrate Leap Day. Early this morning, Phil and Willie
Jones' project to put an anti-disconnection billboard on Hollywood
Boulevard reached its funding goal, and now Phil tells us that he'll
quickly get the papers filed to make the sign a reality.

Let us back up just a little so we can savor this moment. Saturday
night, late, we were putting the finishing touches on a story here in
the Underground Bunker that we were very excited about. Rod Keller had
submitted the first of what we think will be a terrific series about
Scientologists and social media, and we had spent a couple of days with
him getting the details set. Then, out of the blue, we got an email
from Phil Jones.

It turns out that he'd been working with The Hole Does Not Exist,
Artoo, and others to come up with the billboard idea. They'd already
come up with a design, and they'd even put together a website and a
GoFundMe page. And what an idea. Right there in Hollywood, in the
middle of territory Scientology considers its own, Willie and Phil are
going to unveil a sign that will be eye-catching and controversial. It
may garner a lot of press as well as eyeballs to the website,
StopScientologyDisconnection.com. We could see immediately that it was
a project with huge potential.

Tags: 1982, 2012, Author Services Inc, Battlefield Earth, Billboard,
Disconnection, Eduardo Galan, Emily Jones, Fort Harrison, Hollywood, Mark
Bunker, Narconon, Phil Jones, Quicky, Quito, Robert Minton, Rod Keller, Sea
Org, Stacy Brooks, The Hole, Turkey, Village Voice, Willie Jones

Eradicating Psychiatry - "Less steps than baking a cake."
February 29, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/eradicating-psychiatry-less-steps-than-baking-a-cake/

Ken Kramer is at it again.

As usual, he is begging for money, even though the IAS claim THEY are
the ones "eradicating psychiatry." Just like they are the ones bringing
"human rights" and "literacy campaigns" (see recent post on GoFundMe
page for those campaigns).

Here are a couple of recent emails from Mr. Kramer.

Tags: Facebook, Google, International Association of Scientologists, Ken
Kramer, OT, Quicky, USA

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
February 29 in Scientlology web page: