Today in Scientology -- June 24th ********************************

Scientology Today

Jun 24, 2016, 6:55:31 PM6/24/16
Today June 24th in Scientology history
======================================

Burglaries and Lies Paved a Path to Prison
June 24, 1990, Robert W. Welkos, Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-scientologysidec062490,0,7034344.story

Snow White began in 1973 as an effort by Scientology through Freedom of
Information proceedings to purge government files of what Hubbard
thought was false information being circulated worldwide to discredit
him and the church. But the operation soon mushroomed into a massive
criminal conspiracy, executed by the church's legal and investigative
arm, the Guardian Office.

Tags: Conviction, Earle Cooley, FBI, Guardian's Office, IRS, L. Ron Hubbard,
Mary Sue Hubbard, Paulette Cooper, Snow White Program, US Department of
Justice

======================================

Church Scriptures Get High-Tech Protection
June 24, 1990, Robert W. Welkos, Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-scientologysided062490,0,7493097.story

Scientology is determined that the words of L. Ron Hubbard shall live
forever.

Using state-of-the art technology, the movement has spent more than $15
million to protect Hubbard's original writings, tape-recorded lectures
and filmed treatises from natural and man-made calamities, including
nuclear holocaust.

Tags: Church of Spiritual Technology, Lake Arrowhead, Trementina

======================================

Defining the Theology
June 24, 1990, Joel Sappell, Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-scientologysidea062490,0,7631220,full.story

What is Scientology?

Not even the vast majority of Scientologists can fully answer the
question. In the Church of Scientology, there is no one book that
comprehensively sets forth the religion's beliefs in the fashion of,
say, the Bible or the Koran.

Rather, Scientology's theology is scattered among the voluminous
writings and tape-recorded discourses of the late science fiction
writer L. Ron Hubbard, who founded the religion in the early 1950s.

Tags: Christ, Implants, Music, OT III, Space Opera, Venus, Xenu

======================================

Staking a Claim to Blood Brotherhood
June 24, 1990, The Scientology Story, Los Angeles Times
http://articles.latimes.com/1990-06-24/news/mn-1013_1_blackfeet-blood-brother

Typed on Blackfeet Nation stationery, it states: "To commemorate the
seventieth anniversary of L. Ron Hubbard becoming a blood brother of
the Blackfeet Nation. Tree Manyfeathers in a ceremony re-established L.
Ron Hubbard as a blood brother to the Blackfeet Tribe."

The document actually is meaningless because none of the three men who
signed it were authorized to take any action on the tribe's behalf,
according to Blackfeet Nation officials.

The document was created by Richard Mataisz, a Scientologist of
fractional Indian descent. Mataisz said in an interview he tried to
prove that Hubbard was a Blackfeet blood brother but came up
empty-handed.

Tags: Blackfeet, Blood brother, Hugh Dempsey, L. Ron Hubbard, Richard Mataisz

======================================

The Man in Control
June 24, 1990, Joel Sappell, Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-scientologysideb062490,0,6575591.story

The Church of Scientology today is run by a high-school dropout who
grew up at the knee of the late L. Ron Hubbard and wields power with
the iron-fisted approach of his mentor.

Tags: David Miscavige, Heber Jentzsch, Pat Broeker, Religious Technology
Center, Vicki Aznaran

======================================

The Mind Behind the Religon
June 24, 1990, Joel Sappell, Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/la-scientology062490,0,7104164,full.story

From a life haunted by emotional and financial troubles, L. Ron Hubbard
brought forth Scientology. He achieved godlike status among his
followers, and his death has not deterred the church's efforts to reach
deeper into society.

Tags: Aleister Crowley, Arthur Ceppos, Doreen Gillham, Earle Cooley, FBI,
Forrest J. Ackerman, Gene Denk, Gerry Armstrong, Hana Whitfield, Jack
Parsons, Judge Breckenridge, Mary Sue Hubbard, Pat Broeker, Quentin Hubbard,
Ron DeWolf, Sara Northrup, Snow White Program, Sonya Bianca

======================================

The Scientology Story: Six-Part Series
June 24, 1990, Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-scientology-sg,0,6926242.storygallery

The Times' series on Scientology ran in 1990 and gave a rare look at
the church's beliefs, practices and history.

Tags: Joel Sappell, Robert Welkos

======================================

Scientology class suits shy Hindu
June 24, 2003, Kelly Burke, Sydney Morning Herald
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/06/23/1056220542333.html

Mrs Nallathambi, a Hindu, was unaware that The Athena School is
Sydney's only Scientologist school. But she liked what she saw, and
enrolled Raja at the beginning of last year. "Now he's more confident,
there's no more tears," she said. "At the other school he had no
friends, now I can't get him to come home at the end of the day.".

The Athena School has 90 pupils, from pre-school to year 10, and eight
teachers, who have reportedly completed six months training in L. Ron
Hubbard teaching techniques, rather than holding formal qualifications.
Fees are about $1500 a term.

Tags: Athena School, Australia, Clare Holbrook, Newtown, Pam Nallathambi, The
Way to Happiness

======================================

Schools Bar Anti-Drug Program
June 24, 2004, Cara Mia Dimassa, Los Angeles Times
http://articles.latimes.com/2004/jun/24/local/me-narconon24

Los Angeles school officials are warning campuses not to use a drug
prevention program linked to the Church of Scientology while
California's schools chief has ordered an investigation to determine
whether the anti-drug presentations are scientifically sound and free
from the religion's influence.

Tags: California, Clark Carr, Jack O'Connell, Los Angeles, Maria Reza,
Narconon, Tim Buresh, Tony Bylsma

======================================

Scientologists vs. psychiatrists.
June 24, 2005, Daniel Engber, Slate
http://www.slate.com/id/2121391/

The extent of the feud might stem from the immediate backlash that
Hubbard received from mainstream mental health organizations. Dianetics
was published in May 1950; by September, the American Psychological
Association had advised therapists to avoid it. Not long after, the
board of medical examiners in Hubbard's home state of New Jersey
pursued legal action against him for practicing phony medicine.

Tags: American Psychological Association, CCHR, Dianetics, L. Ron Hubbard,
New Jersey, Tom Cruise

======================================

Scientology's Crushing Defeat
June 24, 2008, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://www.villagevoice.com/news/scientologys-crushing-defeat-6391541

Even before it started, the 1986 trial of Lawrence Wollersheim v. the
Church of Scientology of California caused a mob scene at L.A.'s
downtown superior court.

When a judge decided during pretrial motions that documents describing
confidential Scientology beliefs should be put in a file open to the
public, 1,500 Scientologists swamped the court clerk's office to keep
anyone else from requesting them. The next day, the judge resealed
those records. But an L.A. Times reporter managed to get past the crush
of Scientologists and copy the file. Newspapers around the country had
a field day with what the Times reported: the documents showed that
high-level Scientologists are taught that each human contains the souls
of alien creatures banished to Earth 75 million years ago by a galactic
overlord named Xenu.

Tags: Applied Scholastics, Celebrity Centre, Charles O'Reilly, Church of
Scientology International, Criminon, CSC, Daniel Leipold, David Chodos, David
Miscavige, Donald Alexander, Earle Cooley, E-meter, FACTNet, Fair Game, Ford
Greene, Frank Oliver, Fred Goldberg, Freewinds, Guardian's Office, Heber
Jentzsch, IRS, Jason Beghe, Joseph Yanny, Judge Robert Hess, Lawrence
Wollersheim, Legal, Leta Schlosser, Linda Hight, Narconon, Office of Special
Affairs, OT III, Paul Streckfus, Religious Technology Center, RICO, Robert
Vaughn Young, Sea Org, SLAPP, Snow White Program, Stephen Kent, The Way to
Happiness, Tory Christman, Xenu

======================================

The Would-Be Hubbard Biographer
June 24, 2008, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2008/06/the_wouldbe_hub.php

Maisonneuve, a magazine which likes people to think of it as Canada's
New Yorker, uncorked a nice piece this week about a British Columbia
man named Gerry Armstrong.

To the folks who write about L. Ron Hubbard and the prank he played on
the world-Scientology-Armstrong's name is very familiar, although you
usually hear it uttered in a certain way. As in, "Poor Gerry
Armstrong," with a solemn shake of the head.

Read Bruce Livesey's entertaining piece to learn how Gerry went from a
man so trusted by Hubbard the old coot authorized Armstrong to write
his official biography, to a bankrupt, hounded target of Scientology
harrassment who risks being arrested if he ever steps foot in the
United States.

Tags: British Columbia, Bruce Livesey, Canada, Gerry Armstrong, Maisonneuve,
New Yorker, Quicky

======================================

The abuse behind Scientology's facade
June 24, 2009, Editorial, Tampa Bay Times
http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/editorials/article1012832.ece

In recent years the Church of Scientology worked hard to present a
kinder, gentler image to the public, claiming it had cast aside the
criminal activities, dirty tricks and abusive behavior of the past that
brought it widespread condemnation and sent some of its former leaders
to prison. But a St. Petersburg Times special report this week revealed
the reality behind the new facade: At its core, the Church of
Scientology has not changed. It is an organization that uses
intimidation and brutality to control its employees, places financial
ambition above spiritual service to its members and stops at nothing to
undermine its critics.

Tags: 1986, 1993, Clearwater, David Miscavige, IRS, Joe Childs, Lisa
McPherson, Marty Rathbun, Mental breakdown, St. Petersburg Times, Thomas C.
Tobin

======================================

Janet Reitman: "Change or Die."
June 24, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/06/24/janet-reitman-change-or-die/

The following is the conclusion of the interview that Editor in Chief
of the Village Voice conducted with Janet Reitman, author of the new
book Inside Scientology:

If the celebrities are being more cautious, it's fascinating to see the
new "Independent Scientology" movement flourishing as former high-level
members like Marty Rathbun rebel against Miscavige's rule.

"Scientology is a very doctrinaire church, way beyond Catholicism. I
mean a really all-encompassing, all-demanding, highly judgmental,
cripplingly controlling, organization. And these Independents are
saying, 'Fuck the organization, we're just going to go do this on our
own, we're going to pay a lot less money for it because really, this
stuff should be free. And we're going to live better lives.

Tags: Catholic, David Miscavige, Independent, Independent Scientology, Janet
Reitman, Quicky, Village Voice

======================================

Janet Reitman: An Interview with the Author of Inside Scientology
June 24, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/06/janet_reitman_a.php

Janet Reitman On Tuesday, we sat down with Janet Reitman, author of the
terrific new book Inside Scientology: The Story of America's Most
Secretive Religion, which is just hitting bookstores and will be
released officially in July.

Inside Scientology is a masterful telling of Scientology's history,
from L. Ron Hubbard's pulp fiction career in the 1930s to events
happening just last year as an Independence movement splits with
current Scientology leader David Miscavige. Along the way, Reitman
brilliantly focuses on individuals like Jeff Hawkins and Nancy Many and
Lisa McPherson to help us understand the appeal of Hubbard and his
"technology," as well as the controversies that have rocked the
organization over many decades.

We wanted to know: who is Janet Reitman, and how did she put together
such an amazing book?

Tags: 1930, 1992, 2004, 2005, 2006, California, CCHR, Clearwater, David
Miscavige, Florida, Hemet, Inside Scientology: The Story of America's Most
Secretive Religion, Iraq, Janet Reitman, Jefferson Hawkins, Lisa McPherson,
Mike Rinder, Nancy Many, New York, PTSD, Quicky, Rolling Stone, Tom Cruise,
Tommy Davis

======================================

Janet Reitman: An Interview with the Author of Inside Scientology
June 24, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/06/janet_reitman_a.php?page=2

Continued from page 1

"Abuse to me is psychological abuse. The abuse of always feeling that
Big Brother is watching you. Of not knowing who to trust. That your
thoughts could be used against you," she says.

On the one hand, Reitman is somewhat skeptical that Scientology leader
David Miscavige has been physically abusive with his employees. "I
can't tell you whether he hit people or not. I don't know. I don't know
the man. To me he sounds like the worst CEO ever."

Tags: 1995, 2005, Abuse, Brooklyn, Catholic, Clearwater, David Miscavige,
Dianetics, Disconnection, Fair Game, Fort Harrison, Germany, Hare Krishna,
Independent, Independent Scientology, Israel, Janet Reitman, Jenna Elfman,
Kirstie Alley, Lisa McPherson, Marty Rathbun, Quicky, Sea Org, Tom Cruise

======================================

Milton Katselas Pleads With Scientology After Grant Cardone's Attack: A
Church Jihad?
June 24, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/06/milton_katselas.php

What the show didn't say was that Cardone is a wealthy and high-level
Scientologist with cozy ties to Scientology leader David Miscavige. In
2007, Cardone sent an e-mail to fellow Scientologists attacking Milton
Katselas, a well known and admired acting coach who had, in the view of
the church, not kept up his duties as a compliant Scientologist.

Now we have more detail about that, with an additional letter that
Cardone sent directly to Katselas, the acting teacher's reply to
Scientology, and also Cardone's public responses since we outed him as
someone willing to do Scientology's dirty work.

Tags: 1933, 1965, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, Allen Barton, Beverly Hills
Playhouse, Bodhi Elfman, Catherine Bell, David Miscavige, Facebook, Giovanni
Ribisi, Grant Cardone, Jeffrey Tambor, Jen Harris, Jenna Elfman, Knowledge
Report, Marty Rathbun, Milton Katselas, New York Times, OT V

======================================

Scientology Documentary: A Video Clip from the Upcoming "Knowledge Report"
June 24, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/06/scientology_doc.php

Knowledge Report: RPF and Other Abuses from Mark Bunker on Vimeo.

One of the people who made the Scientology's Enemies List, which we
wrote about yesterday, is Mark Bunker, dubbed "Wise Beard Man" by the
Anonymous movement. I sent him an e-mail to make sure he saw it.

Today, I received this reply from him: "What a day. You send me this
news and then an hour or so later I hear that my mom has died. I'm
cutting my road trip short to go back for

Tags: Abuse, Amy Scobee, Anonymous, Bonnie Elliott, Knowledge Report, Mark
Bunker, Quicky, Rehabilitation Project Force, Scientology Documentary, Vimeo,
Wise Beard Man

======================================

Scientology Plays Denver's Police Chief Like a Violin
June 24, 2012, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/06/scientology_robert_white.php

Denver's police honcho, Robert White We recently brought you footage of
Sacramento's mayor, former NBA player Kevin Johnson, gushing about
Scientology at the opening of an "Ideal Org" in that city.

Since that fancy new building opened in California's capital,
additional celebrations have occurred in places like Orange County and
Denver, Colorado.

We've written extensively about the Ideal Org program, which is
Scientology's cynical way of trying to convince the public that it's
thriving and expanding -- by opening unneeded large facilities when
it's actually been losing membership for years. A key component of this
scheme is roping in local politicians for the grand opening events to
help contribute to the illusion that the church is actually a benefit
to the local community.

Tags: 1970, 1995, 2002, Arizona, Australia, California, Celebrity Centre,
Central Files, Chuck Beatty, Clear, Clearwater, Colorado, Columbus, David
Miscavige, Debbie Cook, Denver, Denver Post, Eric Gorski, Facebook, Flag
Service Organization, France, Gold Meritorious, Guadeloupe, Hawaii, Ideal
Org, Joe Childs, Josh Dulaney, L. Ron Hubbard, Mat Pesch, Neil Gaiman, Orange
County, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Phoenix, Police, Quicky, Robert White,
Sacramento, Sea Org, Skip Press, South Africa, Sunday Funnies, Tampa Bay
Times, The Master, Tom Tobin, UK

======================================

An Open Letter to Eddie King
June 24, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/an-open-letter-to-eddie-king/

Please take a few moments to read the latest post on Marty Rathbun's
blog.

Tags: Marty Rathbun, Quicky

======================================

An Open Letter to Eddie King
June 24, 2013, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/an-open-letter-to-eddie-king/

I tried to walk in your shoes on Saturday.

The honor of acting as the father of Christie at her wedding was
bestowed upon me.

Christie may have chosen me for this privilege because I remind her so
much of you. She has told me as much on many occasions over the past
four years that I have known her. Just about every time I flip a song,
she says with her inimitable smile, 'my dad and I used to listen to
that.' From Bob Marley to Van Morrison, it seems you and I ride to a
similar rhythm.

Tags: Quicky

======================================

Laura D to Scientology: It's Too Late for a Protective Order in Forced-
Abortion Case
June 24, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/06/24/laura-d-to-scientology-its-too-late-for-a-protective-order-in-forced-abortion-case/

Laura DeCrescenzo's attorneys have answered the Church of Scientology's
latest attempt to derail her forced-abortion lawsuit, and they've done
it in only two pages.

The church has until July 2 to turn over DeCrescenzo's "pc files" -
thousands of pages of confessional material compiled while she was an
employee of the church starting at only nine years of age. DeCrescenzo
believes that the documents will bolster her claim that she was abused
as a member of Scientology's "Sea Org," including her assertion that
she was forced to have an abortion at 17. Scientology has already lost
two appeals fighting the court order, and have now asked LA Superior
Court Judge Ronald Sohigian for a protective order to keep the
documents from being seen by the public.

Her answer to that request is short and sweet.

Tags: 2012, Abortion, California, Judge Ronald Sohigian, Kathryn Saldana,
Laura DeCrescenzo, Quicky, Sea Org, US Supreme Court

======================================

Wedding Photos
June 24, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/wedding-photos/

Here are some photos taken by our good friend Terry Brawley. He is not
just a talented stained glass artist and wildlife guide and kayak
explorer, he is also a great photographer. He is one of many we have to
thank for making this such a wonderful day.

Tags: Quicky, Wedding

======================================

"One Family Torn Apart Is Too Many"
June 24, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/one-family-torn-apart-is-too-many/

This is filed under the category unabashed hypocrisy.

Also known as the the gospel of the church of scientology.

Tony Ortega had this in his Sunday Funnies column, but it was sort of
buried among all the other nuttiness that is rounded up each week.

Tags: Australia, Quicky, Sunday Funnies, Tony Ortega, Virginia Stewart

======================================

Charity status of alternative health college investigated
June 24, 2014, ABC News (Australia)
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-24/universal-medicine/5546936

The charity status of a north coast-based alternative medicine college
is being investigated.

But a Bangalow man who lodged the complaint about the College of
Universal Health says legislation on the issue has too many grey areas.

Tags: Australia, Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission,
Bangalow, College of Universal Medicine, New South Wales, Office of Liquor
Gaming and Racing, Universal Medicine

======================================

UP THE BRIDGE: We finally reach 'OT 8' - but was its first version really a
hoax?
June 24, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2014/06/24/up-the-bridge-we-finally-reach-ot-8-but-was-its-first-version-really-a-hoax/

George White on the Freewinds to do OT 8 in July 1988

More than a year ago, we started a project - 'Up the Bridge' - which we
thought would be very useful for our readers, particularly those who
had never been members of Scientology. With the help of experts -
Claire Headley, Bruce Hines, and others - we ventured step by step up
Scientology's legendary "Bridge to Total Freedom."

Even members of the public with only a vague understanding of
Scientology seem to realize that the church is unique in that it
involves a series of ever more expensive courses or levels that members
go through to reach higher states of spiritual enlightenment. But what
were these steps, and how much did they cost? With Claire's help, we
started at the very bottom, learning how something like "Study Tech,"
for example - a course about how to use a dictionary to look up or
"word-clear" concepts - contributes to the organization's layers of
control. Some of these lower level courses cost very little.

Tags: 1970, 1972, 1975, 1980, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1998,
2005, 2007, 2012, 2013, American Saint Hill Organization, Apollo, Arnaldo
Lerma, ASHO, Big Blue, Bridge to Total Freedom, Bruce Hines, Buddha, Carnegie
Mellon, Christian, Claire Headley, Clear, Clearwater, Cult Awareness Network,
Cura?ao, David Miscavige, David Touretzky, E-meter, Fishman Declaration, Flag
Land Base, Florida, Frank Oliver, Freewinds, George White, Hana Whitfield,
Helena Kobrin, Hugh Urban, Jefferson Hawkins, Jesse Prince, Jesus, Karin
Spaink, Keep Scientology Working, Kendrick Moxon, Lawrence Wollersheim, Los
Angeles, Marty Rathbun, Massachusetts, Office of Special Affairs, Ohio State
University, Operating Thetan, OT, OT 7, OT 8, Quicky, Rundowns, Sec Check,
South Park, Stephen Kent, Steven Fishman, Study Tech, University of Alberta,
Vietnam, Worcester, Xenu

======================================

A rundown on the truth being delivered at the Toronto Scientology conference
June 24, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/06/24/a-rundown-on-the-truth-being-delivered-at-the-toronto-scientology-conference/

It was a real highlight for us to meet for the first time a frequent
contributor to the Underground Bunker, former Sea Org worker Chris
Shelton. We asked him to give us a report about his first day speaking
at the Toronto conference yesterday. Here's what he sent us.

Attending the Getting Clear conference here in Toronto has been a bit
of a dream come true for me. I've finally met some of the real stars in
the ex-Scientology community who have been kind of like legends to me
for the past two years: Hana Eltringham Whitfield, Paulette Cooper,
Nancy Many, Gerry Armstrong, Spanky Taylor, Jesse Prince, Jon Atack and
our proprietor.

In the years I was in Scientology, I always made it a point to ask
those who had worked with L. Ron Hubbard what he was really like in
person. This probably happened with about 15 or so people throughout
that time and one-for-one, without fail, I would be regaled with tales
of wonder and delight at what presence and intention and charisma LRH
exuded. They would describe to me how he was the most powerful being
they'd ever met, but at the same time how he always took such pains to
"grant beingness" to us lesser mortals and go out of his way to make
people he spoke with feel safe and appreciated. It never ceased to
amaze me what an impression he made and what an obviously intense and
amazing individual he must have been. They never failed to comment on
his compassion and how nice he was and how he went so far out of his
way to see to the welfare of his staff.

Tags: 2009, 2013, Bruce Hines, Chairman of the Board, Chris Shelton, Clear,
David Miscavige, Gerry Armstrong, Hana Whitfield, Jesse Prince, Jon Atack, L.
Ron Hubbard, Mark Bunker, Nancy Many, Paulette Cooper, Quicky, Rehabilitation
Project Force, Sea Org, Spanky Taylor, St Petersburg Times, The Truth
Rundown, Toronto, Truth Rundown

======================================

BOY SCOUTS ADVANCE TO EAGLE, RECEIVE AWARDS
June 24, 2015, Tampa Bay Times
http://www.tampabay.com/news/hometown-north-pinellas/2234820

Boy Scout Troop 313, chartered to the Church of Scientology, Flag
Service Organization, held its Court of Honor Ceremony at Delphi
Academy this week. Six Scouts advanced in rank and 13 merit badges were
awarded.

The ceremony, led by newly advanced Boy Scout Cole Sherman, was
highlighted by the announcement that Life Scout William Harris had
fulfilled all of his Eagle Scout requirements and was awarded the rank
of Eagle Scout.

In addition to completing 21 merit badges, Harris created planter boxes
at Washburn Academy, where he attends high school.

Tags: 1946, 2016, Boy Scout, Clearwater, Delphi Academy, Eagle Scout, Flag
Service Organization, Florida, George Cretekos, Malaysia, Washburn Academy

======================================

How Flag Applies Scientology Policy
June 24, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/how-flag-applies-scientology-policy/

This is a brand new letter from the infamous Cara Golashesky, the
so-called FLB "Justice Chief."

It is a letter to a person who has NEVER BEEN TO FLAG.

He never signed any waivers or agreements.

Tags: 1963, 1996, 2007, Australia, Cara Golashesky, Claims Verification
Board, David Miscavige, Ethics, First Amendment, Hubbard Communications
Office, Italy, Quicky, Refund, Student Hat, Watchdog Committee

======================================

Forced-abortion lawsuit has a new judge as Scientology appeals ruling on
religious grounds
June 24, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2016/06/24/forced-abortion-lawsuit-has-a-new-judge-as-scientology-appeals-ruling-on-religious-grounds/

(Laura DeCrescenzo in the Sea Org, circa 1996)

Laura DeCrescenzo's seven-year forced abortion lawsuit against the
Church of Scientology now has a new judge, and a new appeal submitted
by the defendant.

You'll remember that we were dealing with a bit of a shock in the case
recently: After denying Scientology's most recent motion for summary
judgment and clearing away the path to a trial, Judge John P. Doyle
surprised everyone by announcing that he had cousins who were dedicated
Scientologists. Doyle said this had no effect on his decision to deny
Scientology's motion, but it made him vulnerable to a conflict if any
of his family members were called as witnesses.

Tags: 1963, 1996, 2007, 2013, Appeal, California, Company, DeCrescenzo v.
Scientology, Eliseo Santana, First Amendment, Inspector General, John Sugg,
Judge John Doyle, Judge Samantha Jessner, Laura DeCrescenzo, Legoland, Los
Angeles, Los Angeles Superior Court, Pinellas County School Board, Police,
Scott Pilutik, Sea Org, Tampa, United for Human Rights, Warwick Gregory
Allcock

======================================

Regraded Being
June 24, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/friday-regraded-being-51/

Tags: Quicky, Regraded Being

======================================

Scientology stealth opening: Tomorrow, David Miscavige will dedicate two
buildings in Florida
June 24, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2016/06/24/scientology-stealth-opening-tomorrow-david-miscavige-will-dedicate-two-buildings-in-florida/

[The West Coast Building on Fort Harrison Ave.]

Scientology leader David Miscavige is getting more and more sneaky
about his grand openings, and this time we caught him just in time.

For some reason, Miscavige has been waiting until the last minute to
give his followers information about specific dates and times in a
couple of big recent openings, including the new television studios in
Los Angeles that opened on May 28. Plans for the Ideal Org opening in
Atlanta were also conducted on a need-to-know basis is well.

Tags: 1986, 2001, 2013, Atlanta, Clearwater, David Miscavige, Flag Service
Organization, Florida, Fort Harrison, Hollywood Guaranty Building, Ideal Org,
Lee Arnold, Lee Arnold Building, Lisa McPherson, Lisa McPherson Trust, Los
Angeles, Mark Bunker, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Quicky, Sea Org, Super
Power Building, Tom DeVocht, West Coast Building

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
June 24 in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/days/06-24.html