Democratic mayor begs: Trump, please help!

Nancy Pelosi's Home Town Crier

Aug 18, 2017, 5:42:21 AM8/18/17
How bad are things in Baltimore, Maryland?

So bad, the city’s newly-elected Democratic mayor is going to
President Donald Trump to ask for help with their murder problem.

In a city as blue as Baltimore, that’s a risky political move
for sure.

Pugh is asking for federal help to boost the city’s crime
fighting efforts.

“Murder is out of control, too many guns on our streets,
domestic violence is increasing in our city,” Pugh said in a
Wednesday press conference.

That includes Trump’s administration and the FBI.

“I’m calling on all the assistance that we can possibly get
because I can’t imagine going into the summer months with the
crime rate that it is today, what that’s going to look like by
the end of the summer,” Pugh said.

Critics note that Baltimore has some of the strictest gun laws
in the country, but that these restrictions haven’t prevented
criminals from arming themselves.

More than 100 murders have occurred in Baltimore since 2017
began. In 2016, the city was rocked by 318 murders, the second
highest per-capita homicide rate in city history.

Yet, residents keep voting Democrat.

— The Horn editorial team

https://thehornnews.com/democratic-mayor-begs-trump-please-help/