Today in Scientology -- April 28th *********

Scientology Today

Apr 28, 2015, 8:48:49 AM4/28/15
Today April 28th in Scientology history
=======================================

Church of Scientology intelligence officers in the 1970s were "complete ...
April 28, 1992, Paul Moloney, Toronto Star
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/thestar/doc/436606860.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT

"Within Scientology, we were completely indoctrinated and did believe
that everything we did was 100 per cent right. Our minds were
completely altered," Bryan Levman told an Ontario Court, general
division, jury.

In the mid-1960s [L. Ron Hubbard], who died in 1986, said "enemies of
Scientology are fair game and we can do anything we want to them," said
Levman, who joined in 1968.

Tags: Bryan Levman, Canada, Guardian's Office, Ontario, Snow White Program,
Toronto

=======================================

Inquiry in Scientologist's death nearing end
April 28, 1997, Thomas C. Tobin, St. Petersburg Times
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/tampabay/doc/263220365.html?FMT=FT

More than 50 people have been questioned in what police are calling an
"expansive" investigation into the unexplained death of Lisa McPherson,
a 36-year-old Scientologist.

Although more interviews are planned, police say they expect their work
on the case to end "soon" but refuse to be more specific.

The investigation began more than 16 months ago, when McPherson died
after spending 17 days at the Fort Harrison Hotel, a Church of
Scientology retreat in downtown Clearwater. According to medical
records, she entered the hotel after suffering an emotional breakdown
but was physically fine.

Tags: Bernie McCabe, Brian Anderson, Denis DeVlaming, Florida Department of
Law Enforcement, Joan Wood, Lee Strope, Lisa McPherson, Michael Cheek, Morton
Plant Hospital, New Port Richey hospital, Paul Maser, Wayne Shelor

=======================================

Scientology Wins Court Battle in Germany
April 28, 2005, Jane Paulick, Deutsche Welle
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,1567596,00.html

Saarland's Higher Administrative Court ruled Wednesday that state
intelligence services are no longer permitted to monitor the activities
of the controversial Scientology organization.

Four years after Saarland's Higher Administrative Court decided to
allow the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution (BfV)
to keep tabs on the activities of local scientologists, the court has
now ruled in favor of the Church of Scientology's appeal on the grounds
that seven years of intelligence surveillance failed to yield results
justifying continued monitoring.

Tags: Germany, Hans Liebl, Nazi labelling, Office for the Protection of the
Constitution, Sabine Weber

=======================================

Scientology run-ins bring warnings
April 28, 2010, Thomas C. Tobin, St. Petersburg Times
http://www.tampabay.com/news/article1090888.ece

Rinder was standing near his car, chatting on his cell phone, he said,
when he noticed all seven marching toward him, loudly chastising him
and hurling profanities.

He said they took the keys from his ignition and tried to hold his car
door closed as he struggled to get out. Three followed him into the
office of Holly Johantgen, a doctor of oriental medicine who was
treating Rinder's girlfriend with acupuncture.

Johantgen said the three pushed past her as she let Rinder into the
office. She told them to leave and tried to close her office door but
was ignored.

"You wouldn't have expected to hear these things coming out of their
mouths," Johantgen said, noting that all seven were middle-aged and
dressed in business attire. "It was just so aggressive, very much
in-your-face, arms in the air, like 'F -- - you' ? It was surreal.
Unbelievable."

Tags: Andrew Rinder, Ben Rinder, Catherine Bernardini, Christie Collbran,
David Bloomberg, David Miscavige, Fort Harrison, Guillaume Lesevre, Jennifer
Linson, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Taryn Rinder, Tommy Davis

=======================================

Scientology Critics Find That Someone Wants Their Cellphone Records
April 28, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/04/scientology_cri.php

What a week it's been in the world of Scientology watching. After a
bizarre goon squad tried to intimidate Marty Rathbun at his Corpus
Christi home, and then character actor Michael Fairman made public his
excommunication declaration, things seemed to be whipping up into
something of a fervor.

And now, within a day of each other, both Marty Rathbun and Mike
Rinder, the two most high-ranking and high-profile defectors in recent
Scientology history, were each notified by T-Mobile that someone was
using Social Security Numbers to get into their cellphone records.

Tags: FBI, Marty Rathbun, Michael Fairman, Mike Rinder

=======================================

Scientology Sunday Funnies: Baby We're Amazed!
April 28, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/04/28/scientology-sunday-funnies-baby-were-amazed/

We're still reeling here over Friday's news that Scientology's drug
rehab center in Atlanta - Narconon Georgia - was raided by police in an
insurance fraud investigation.

As we've been reporting in some depth over the last year, every step of
Narconon's business plan is steeped in deceptions, all of which is
designed to send money up the line and ultimately to Scientology itself.
The raid may have been prompted by a single instance of allegedly
fraudulent insurance billing, but we're salivating over the thought of
so many documents being seized that a U-Haul trailer had to be brought
in to carry it all away. If you're familiar with the backstory, you
know that it took attorney Jeff Harris years to get extremely damaging
information out of that facility. Now state investigators have a
truckload of the stuff. As Mike Rinder pointed out on Friday evening,
this is turning into Scientology leader David Miscavige's worst
nightmare.

However, it may be quite a while before we learn what was in those
documents. And in the meantime, we have another set of mailers and
fliers that our tipsters sent to us for this week's Sunday Funnies. So
let's dig in!

Tags: Atlanta, Clearwater, David Miscavige, Dianetics, Florida, Jeff Harris,
Michael Lewis, Mike Rinder, Narconon, Narconon Georgia, OT VIII, Quicky,
Sunday Funnies

=======================================

Chris Shelton on the origins of Scientology's notorious 'Fair Game' policy
April 28, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2014/04/28/chris-shelton-on-the-origins-of-scientologys-notorious-fair-game-policy/

We have Chris Shelton's next video, and we really like the way he
traces the origins of Scientology's notorious retaliation policy of
"Fair Game" back to L. Ron Hubbard's 1959 "Manual of Justice."

As usual, Chris does an excellent job connecting the dots to illuminate
a subject we thought we already knew well. And he's right, Hubbard's
paranoia of the late 1950s can be seen clearly in the way current
Scientology leader David Miscavige subjected his former lieutenant,
Marty Rathbun, to years of bizarre surveillance and harassment in the
last several years - more than 50 years after Hubbard first began to
put these ideas into practice.

Also, we're glad he brought up Scientology's master spies - Paul
Marrick and Greg Arnold - who followed Pat Broeker for 24 years before
they were fired and then sued the church. For just one 24-hour period,
Marrick and Arnold told their story, and we were fortunate to be with
them in Texas at the time. If you haven't yet read our story about that
experience, we highly recommend it.

Tags: 1950, 1959, Chris Shelton, David Miscavige, Fair Game, Greg Arnold,
Manual of Justice, Marty Rathbun, Pat Broeker, Paul Marrick, Quicky, Texas,
Tiziano Lugli

=======================================

What is Wrong with Scientology, Part 5
April 28, 2014, Chris Shelton, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqalTJWGYj4

There's Nothing Fair About This Game

The fifth in my series detailing how the Church of Scientology is
destroying itself through its toxic policies and the way it enforces
those policies. In this video, I discuss the policy of "Fair Game"
which Scientology uses to stalk, harass and otherwise personally ruin
ex-member, critics and anyone connected with them, as a sort of revenge
for criticizing the Church. Not able to just let people have their own
opinions or move on peacefully, Hubbard wrote "justice "policies which
call for getting even and 'settling the score' with anyone who dares to
speak out against Scientology.

See my blog for more details of my history in Scientology and my
written articles describing specific problems with the Church and how I
got out of it. http://mncriticalthinking.com.

Tags: Bert Leahy, David Miscavige, Fair Game, Greg Arnold, L. Ron Hubbard,
Manual of Justice, Marty Rathbun, Monique Rathbun, Pat Broeker, Paul Marrick,
Squirrel Busters, Video

=======================================

Secretly taped Scientology executive complains about cheating on the
'Survival Rundown'
April 28, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/04/28/secretly-taped-scientology-executive-complains-about-cheating-on-the-survival-rundown/

On Sunday we revealed that we'd obtained a secretly-recorded audiotape,
more than an hour in length, that captures one of Scientology's
executives giving a briefing to an audience of "public" members at an
org somewhere in the US.

Today we have the second portion of that recording, along with more
help from former Sea Org worker Chris Shelton as he helps us understand
what we're hearing. As he explained last time, Chris worked personally
with the person you'll hear, Andres Rodriguez, who is the Senior Case
Supervisor for the Western United States.

Last time, Rodriguez talked to his audience of publics by discussing
how the Purification Rundown should be delivered. In this segment, he's
talking about something called the Survival Rundown, which has become a
big part of Scientology leader David Miscavige's current push with his
dwindling membership.

Tags: 1950, 1960, Amazon, Andres Rodriguez, Australia, Bridge to Total
Freedom, Canada, Chicago, Chris Shelton, David Miscavige, DC, Dianetics,
Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, Golden Age of Tech,
Hollywood, Jamie DeWolf, Jason Beghe, L. Ron Hubbard, Los Angeles, New York
City, Orange County, OT, Paulette Cooper, Purification Rundown, Quicky, San
Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Sea Org, Survival Rundown, The
Unbreakable Miss Lovely, Toronto, Washington

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
UmbraXenu - The Home Game:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/mediawiki/index.php/UmbraXenu_-_The_Home_Game