Today in Scientology -- September 5th ******************************************************

Scientology Today

Sep 6, 2019, 7:49:37 AM9/6/19
Today September 5th in Scientology history

In the Strange Land Of Robert Heinlein
September 5, 1984, Curt Suplee, Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1984/09/05/in-the-strange-land-of-robert-heinlein/b7a2ee22-0a6e-4c29-8fc1-88b3e68ec08c/

Still, in those days, writing for the "pulp" magazines was only
slightly more reputable than owning a dog track. "I remember I was at a
cocktail party in 1939. At that time, I had sold seven stories in
Hollywood. There was a gal there, so help me a deputy sheriff, she
asked me what I did. I said I wrote. She said 'What do you write?' I
said 'Pulp.' And she looked at me and said, 'Well, it's not what you
do, it's whether you're happy at it, I always say.' "

Pulp writers were paid by the word, and if Heinlein writes fast now, he
learned it when speed was of the pecuniary essence. L. Ron "Battlefield
Earth" Hubbard, he says, was "the first writer I ever knew to have an
electric typewriter. He was supposed to write at about 4,000 words an
hour. I dunno about that -- but I've seen him write letters as fast as
he could shove the paper in the roller. Actually, I think Isaac
[Asimov] is a little faster."

Pseudonyms upped the take. "One of mine enabled me to fill up most of
an issue of Astounding with two names -- Anson MacDonald and Robert
Heinlein. Both with the same word-rate." Those were the quality
monikers. Others -- like Lyle Monroe and Caleb Saunders -- were
available at "fire-sale rates" for the cheaper magazines. Later he
would be the first to get sf into the "slicks," including the Saturday
Evening Post and later yet the first to break $500,000 for a novel,
though never leaving the close sodality of the pulpsters and their
heirs. In the '40s "there were about 40 sf writers," the G.M. says.
"Now there are about 400. And as a rule, they have their friends and
associates from inside their own guild. Nobody else is going to
understand them when they talk." Along with veterans Clarke, Asimov,
Hubbard & Co., Heinlein's best friends include fellow guildsmen Larry
Niven and Jerry Pournelle, among others.

Tags: 1929, 1930, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1948, 1950, 1957, 1959, 1961, 1964, 1965,
1970, 1973, 1978, 1980, 2001, Annapolis, Armageddon, Arthur C. Clarke,
Astounding Science Fiction, Battlefield Earth, Brooklyn, California,
Catholic, Christian, Colorado, Colorado Springs, Destin, English,
Environmental, Greenland, Hollywood, Isaac Asimov, Japan, Jerry Falwell,
Jerry Pournelle, Kansas, Kansas City, L. Ron Hubbard, L. Sprague de Camp,
Larry Niven, Mexico, New York, Olympic, Philadelphia, Politics, Robert
Heinlein, Rome, Russia, Santa Cruz, The Economist, Tokyo, Vietnam, Virginia

Leg Amputations Blamed On Doctors In 2 Lawsuits
September 5, 1984, Ann Wlazelek, Morning Call
http://articles.mcall.com/1984-09-05/news/2429103_1_emergency-room-chelation-therapy-bones

Joyce B. Haller and her husband Ernest C. of 1030 N. Leh St.,
Allentown, have charged osteopathic physician Conrad G. Maulfair of
Mertztown R.2 with failure to properly diagnose and treat her
peripheral arteriosclerosis, the hardening of the arteries in her
extremities.

Maulfair treated Mrs. Haller with "chelation therapy," the unapproved
intravenous injection of a manmade amino acid (ethylene diamine
tetracetic acid or EDTA), performed in an effort to cleanse the arteries.

Tags: Conrad Maulfair

Belgium charges Scientologists with extortion
September 5, 2007, Reuters, Sydney Morning Herald
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/belgium-charges-scientologists-with-extortion/2007/09/05/1188783277713.html

Belgian prosecutors today accused the Church of Scientology of
extortion, fraud and other crimes and sought to bring it and key
members to trial.

Federal prosecutors said they were charging the church in Belgium, its
European office in Brussels and 12 members with offences including the
illegal practice of medicine and breaches of commercial practices.

Prosecutors were also considering whether the church should be
considered a criminal organisation after an investigation prompted by
complaints 10 years ago.

Tags: Belgium, European Court of Human Rights, Extortion, Fraud

Belgium: Scientology Faces Criminal Charges
September 5, 2007, AP, New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/05/world/europe/05briefs-scientology.html?_r=2

A Belgian prosecutor recommended that the Los Angeles-based Church of
Scientology stand trial on charges of fraud and extortion, after a
10-year investigation.

Tags: Belgium

Museum for Scientology founder may open in Arcadia
September 5, 2007, Connie Cone Sexton, Arizona Republic
https://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0905phx-scientology0905.html

A Phoenix home may be turned into a museum to honor the work of the
Church of Scientology and its founder L. Ron Hubbard, who lived in the
Valley in the early 1950s.

The house, near 44th Street and Camelback, has been restored and is now
open for tours. But there is a proposal to turn it into a museum,
according to city officials. For that to happen, the home's zoning
would need to be changed.

Scientologists charged in Belgium
September 5, 2007, Reuters, The Age
http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Scientologists-charged-in-Belgium/2007/09/05/1188783270166.html

Federal prosecutors said they were charging the church in Belgium, its
European office in Brussels and 12 members with offences including the
illegal practice of medicine and breaches of commercial practices.

Prosecutors were also considering whether the church should be
considered a criminal organisation after an investigation prompted by
complaints 10 years ago.

Tags: Belgium, Legal

Scientology branded a 'criminal organisation' and may face charges
September 5, 2007, Alastair Dalton, The Scotsman
http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=1413222007

THE Church of Scientology has been branded a criminal organisation by a
Belgian prosecutor, who has recommended it stands trial for fraud and
extortion.

The Los Angeles-based movement, whose members include the films stars
Tom Cruise and John Travolta, now faces charges following a ten-year
inquiry.

Jean-Claude Van Espen, an investigating prosecutor, said up to 12
people, who have not been named, should be charged.

Tags: Belgium, Germany, Russia

Scientology church could face charges
September 5, 2007, Seattle Times
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003868969_wdig05.html

Scientology said it would fight the criminal charges recommended by
investigating prosecutor Jean-Claude Van Espen, who said that up to 12
unidentified people should face charges.

Van Espen's probe also concluded that Scientology's Brussels-based
Europe office and its Belgian missions conducted unlawful practices in
medicine, violated privacy laws and used illegal business contracts,
said Lieve Pellens, a spokeswoman at the Federal Prosecutors Office.

Tags: Belgium, Brussels, Jean-Claude Van Espen, Lieve Pellens

Massive Takedown of Anti-Scientology Videos on YouTube
September 5, 2008, Eva Galperin, Electronic Frontier Foundation
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2008/09/massive-takedown-anti-scientology-videos-youtube

Over a period of twelve hours, between this Thursday night and Friday
morning, American Rights Counsel LLC sent out over 4000 DMCA takedown
notices to YouTube, all making copyright infringement claims against
videos with content critical of the Church of Scientology.

Tags: American Rights Counsel, DMCA, Oliver Schaper, YouTube

Portland Woman Petitions Church of Scientology To Let Her Daughter Home For
Vacation
September 5, 2008, Matt Davis, Blogtown, Portland Mercury
https://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/BlogtownPDX/archives/2008/09/05/portland-woman-petitions-churc

Portlander, and former Scientologist Susan Lentsch, is submitting an
open letter to the head of communications for the Church Of Scientology
asking why her daughter, Katherine, cannot be allowed home for a
vacation from the church's elite management organization.

Tags: Disconnection, Karin Pouw, Portland, Sea Org, Susan Lentsch

Counterfeit Dreams by Jefferson Hawkins
September 5, 2010, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/09/05/counterfeit-dreams-by-jefferson-hawkins/

Jeff Hawkin's Counterfeit Dreams is now completed in hardback and
available at http://counterfeitdreams.com/.

Anyone who has been effected or affected by the disclosures on this
blog, Scientology-cult.com, the St Petersburg Times' Truth Rundown
Series, Anderson Cooper's History of Violence series, or ABC Nightlines
two-part October '09 piece on Scientology, should order and read
Counterfeit Dreams.

Jeff's book adds context, credibility, and light to all of the above
references. While I had a bird's eye view of much of the insanity he
recounts, reading Counterfeit gave me a far better understanding of it.
Jeff contributes a remarkably detailed account of many events I had
some part in but did not know the full effects of. Having familiarity
with many of the larger events of which Jeff shares his perspective,
his book rings resoundingly true to me.

Tags: 1987, 1990, Anderson Cooper, Counterfeit Dreams, David Miscavige,
Dianetics, Int Base, Jefferson Hawkins, L. Ron Hubbard, Nightline, Planetary
Dissemination, Quicky, Ronnie Miscavige, St. Petersburg Times, Truth Rundown,
Violence

On David Miscavige's Behavior -- Part 2
September 5, 2011, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/on-david-miscaviges-behavior-part-2/

By Mike Rinder

A recent discussion with Jim Logan and Christie reminded me of a
section in Self Analysis that I then pulled out and read in a new unit
of time.

It offers insight into the oft posed question: How is it possible that
competent and able individuals in "international management" are
apparently so incapable of doing anything about David Miscavige's
insanity.

Tags: 1951, 2010, California, David Miscavige, Jim Logan, L. Ron Hubbard,
Quicky

On David Miscavige's Behavior - Part 2
September 5, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/05/on-david-miscaviges-behavior-part-2/

By Mike Rinder

A recent discussion with Jim Logan and Christie reminded me of a
section in Self Analysis that I then pulled out and read in a new unit
of time.

It offers insight into the oft posed question: How is it possible that
competent and able individuals in "international management" are
apparently so incapable of doing anything about Miscavige's insanity.

Tags: 1951, 2010, California, David Miscavige, Jim Logan, L. Ron Hubbard,
Mike Rinder, Quicky

The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology, No. 12: Tommy Davis
September 5, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/tommy_davis_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

Scientology leader David Miscavige's iron grip on the organization has
led to an exodus among Scientology's upper ranks over the last decade,
greatly diminishing the pool of executives to choose from.

The leading remaining Miscavige loyalist is undoubtedly
on-again-off-again spokesman Tommy Davis, who is the son of
Scientologist actress Anne Archer. Scientology mouthpieces never have
it easy, as they're constantly being called upon to defend or deny
indefensible policies like disconnection, or handling questions about
galactic overlord Xenu, whether or not they've been exposed to the Xenu
material by reaching the level of OT III. Scientology spokespersons
have almost always conveyed an elitist, disdainful air -- precisely the
opposite most organizations want their public faces to communicate. But
Davis has taken the role of disastrous public spokesman to catastrophic
new levels.

Tags: 1980, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, Anderson Cooper,
Anne Archer, Anonymous, Applied Scholastics, Australia, BBC, Bennetta
Slaughter, Bryan Zwan, California, Carmen Rainer, CCHR, Celebrity Centre,
Chairman of the Board, Chile, Christian, Clearwater, CNN, Dallas, David
Miscavige, Denise Miscavige Gentile, Digital Lightwave, Disconnection, Fannie
McPherson, Feshbach, Florida, Freedom magazine, Hemet, Hollywood, Holocaust,
Jan Eastgate, Janet Reitman, Jessica Feshbach, Jesus, Jesus Christ, John
Carmichael, John Sweeney, Karin Pouw, Katie Holmes, Kyle Brennan, Larry
Anderson, Lisa McPherson, Lisa McPherson Trust, Marc Headley, Martin Bashir,
Mike Rinder, Narconon, New Times Los Angeles, New York, New York City, New
Yorker, Orientation, OT III, Pat Harney, Ponzi scheme, Reed Slatkin,
Reverend, Robert Kerr, Robert Minton, Scientology executive, Scientology
practice, Scott Pilutik, Sea Org, SEC, Seth Joseph, Shane Clark, St. Louis,
Tampa Tribune, Tommy Davis, Truth Rundown, Virginia, Xenu

EXCLUSIVE -- Paul Haggis On Scientology's Crude Retaliation: "They Are
Bullying A Woman Who Has Yet To Even Speak"
September 5, 2012, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/09/scientology_paul_haggis_on_retaliation.php

Haggis strikes back The Voice received an e-mail this morning from
Oscar-winning director Paul Haggis after we asked him about the Church
of Scientology's attack on him and Nazanin Boniadi which appeared on Us
Weekly's website yesterday.

Over the weekend, Haggis spoke up to defend Boniadi -- who acted in his
movie The Next Three Days -- when she turned out to be the subject of
this month's Vanity Fair in a story about her being one of several
women who were "auditioned" in 2004 by Scientology to become the next
girlfriend for Tom Cruise. According to a teaser of that story
published on Vanity Fair's website Saturday, Boniadi dated Cruise for
about three months before she somehow displeased both Cruise and the
church's leader, David Miscavige. As a result, she was punished with
cleaning toilets with a toothbrush and other indignities.

Haggis spoke up in a statement to journalist Roger Friedman which
appeared on Sunday, saying "I'm appalled that any church would treat
its parishioners this way."

Tags: 1968, 2004, 2011, Amnesty International, Ashley Lutz, BBC, Business
Insider, David Miscavige, Facebook, John Brousseau, Lawrence Wright, Marty
Rathbun, Maureen Orth, Nazanin Boniadi, Neil Gaiman, New York City, New
Yorker, Paul Haggis, Quicky, Roger Friedman, The Master, Tom Cruise, Vanity
Fair

Explore the Phoenix Roots of L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology
September 5, 2012, Ray Stern, Phoenix New Times
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2012-09-06/news/l-ron-hubbard-s-scientology-is-beyond-fiction/full/

Mental problems, for instance, often are caused by traumatic memories
of past lives as clams, sloths, and cave people.

You couldn't make this stuff up. But L. Ron Hubbard did - right here in
Phoenix in the early 1950s.

Tags: A History of Man, Bare-Faced Messiah, David Miscavige, Greg Stanton,
Ideal Org, James Bennett, L. Ron Hubbard, Phoenix, Piltdown Man, Russell
Miller

Kevin Huvane and CAA Pimp for Scientology Inc.
September 5, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/kevin-huvane-and-caa-pimp-for-scientology-inc/

Pick up your copy of the October edition of Vanity Fair tomorrow in New
York and Los Angeles; and as soon as available elsewhere. You are
liable to learn how storied super agent Kevin Huvane from the
all-powerful Creative Artists Agency (CAA) was coopted by Tom Cruise to
do the not-so-above-boards bidding of his bff and Scientology Inc.
supreme leader David Miscavige. That is right, Hollywood's biggest
power brokers stifled Scientology Inc. criticism and facts of unlawful
Scientology Inc. behavior from airing on at least one of the big three
networks in America. In the unlikely event CAA was simply too powerful
and rough for VF to handle, stay tuned here because we will run with it
if they do not.

Tags: Creative Artists Agency, David Miscavige, Hollywood, Kevin Huvane, Los
Angeles, New York, Quicky, Tom Cruise, Vanity Fair

Maureen Orth Smokes Tom Cruise and David Miscavige
September 5, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/maureen-orth-smokes-tom-cruise-and-david-miscavige/

Mat Lauer of the NBC Today show went full frontal on behalf of Tom
Cruise trying to put a crack in Maureen Orth's Vanity Fair story on
Nazanin Boniadi. As you can see, Maureen just decimated Cruise and
Miscavige's best shot at covering up the truth Orth reported.

see it here: Maureen Orth on NBC Today

For back story, and more on Scientology Inc's cover-up network, click
here.

Tags: David Miscavige, Maureen Orth, Nazanin Boniadi, NBC, Paul Haggis,
Quicky, Tom Cruise, Vanity Fair, Village Voice

Meet The Highly Litigious Church Of Scientology's Most Trusted Lawyers
September 5, 2012, Erin Fuchs, Business Insider
https://www.businessinsider.com/the-church-of-scientologys-most-trusted-lawyers-2012-9?op=1

Just who are the lawyers who go to bat for the Church in all these
lawsuits? Well, they're pretty tough to track down, but it seems the
church has relied on a few trusted lawyers to fight its legal battles.

Two of them are a married couple, and one works for an independent firm
but reportedly represents the Church exclusively.

Lawyers who represent or represented the church did not respond to
requests for comment, with the exception of one attorney: Eric
Lieberman of Rabinowitz, Boudin, Standard, Krinsky & Lieberman, P.C.

The church itself did not respond to a request for comment, either.

Tags: 1993, 1997, Bert Fields, Eric Lieberman, Gary Soter, Gerald Feffer,
Helena Kobrin, IRS, Jeffrey Zuckerman, Joseph Yanny, Ken Dandar, Kendrick
Moxon, Lawyer, Monique Yingling, Rabinowitz, Boudin, Standard, Krinsky &
Lieberman, Sea Org, Sklar, Tax exempt, Tom Cruise, Vanity Fair, Wall Street
Journal, Wally Pope, Williams & Connolly

More On Vanity Fair on Cruise/Miscavige
September 5, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/more-on-vanity-fair-on-cruisemiscavige/

Second Vanity Fair tease on the story: Video Taping of Scientology
Celeb sessions.

The Tony Ortega Village Voice summary, including Claire Headley and Tom
Devocht on Miscavige joking about the confessionals of Lisa Marie
Presley, Kirstie Alley, and Tom Cruise. Also includes Mike Rinder's
potential quote of the year: Village Voice.

Tags: Claire Headley, David Miscavige, Kirstie Alley, Lisa Marie Presley,
Mike Rinder, Quicky, Tom Cruise, Tom DeVocht, Tony Ortega, Vanity Fair,
Village Voice

Tom Cruise chef fired for serving bad shrimp
September 5, 2012, scamatology, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnWV74gEfyI

Human Rights abuses do exist....at the hands of the Church of
Scientology. Enter Australian Lana Mitchell, who was made to live a
kind of hell by the cult she was a part of.

Tags: 2004, 2005, 2010, Australia, Bad shrimp, California, Comedy Central,
David Miscavige, Disconnection, Fair Game, Hollywood, Independent, Int Base,
Lana Mitchell, Matt Stone, New South Wales, New York, Nick Xenophon, Private
investigator, Sea Org, South Park, Today Tonight, Tom Cruise, Tony Ortega,
Trey Parker, USA, Video, Village Voice, War of the Worlds, Wiretapping, Xenu

Vanity Fair writer Maureen Orth defends her Tom Cruise article
September 5, 2012, Noah Lottick, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W06kvElLH-0

Appearing on NBC's Entertainment Today with Matt Lauer on 4 September
2012 Vanity Fair writer Maureen Orth defends her article on Scientology
auditioning wives for Tom Cruise following some puch back and blanket
denial issued by the cult. Hugely frustating to see that she has been
sufficiently handled by her sources as to continue to refer to
Scientology as a religion.

Tags: Matt Lauer, Maureen Orth, NBC, Quicky, Tom Cruise, Vanity Fair

Vietnam Agent Orange Victims Get Scientology Treatment
September 5, 2012, Thomas Fuller, New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/06/world/asia/agent-orange-victims-in-vietnam-get-scientology-treatment.html?_r=1

The detoxification program, which Tom Cruise and other prominent
Scientologists have promoted, is known as the Purification Rundown or
the Hubbard method, after L. Ron Hubbard, the American science fiction
writer who founded Scientology.

A clinic in New York City offered treatment based on the same program
to firefighters who responded to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the
World Trade Center.

But some doctors and researchers questioned whether such a treatment
would work to remove toxins like dioxin that can persist in the body
for many years.

Tags: ABLE, Agent Orange, Hoang Manh An, Karin Pouw, Marcella Warner, New
York Rescue Workers Detoxification Project, Nguyen Ba Vuong, Purification
Rundown, Tom Cruise, Vietnam

Dante's Inferno -- Scientology Style
September 5, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/dantes-inferno-scientology-style/

Here is the ultimate admission that corporate Scientology has arrived
at its final destination.

Giving money IS the new auditing.

Turning over cash provides "case gain", confers remarkable abilities
and powers on you and it gives you status (at least according to the
endless stream of promotion, emails, videos and events). Everything
anyone could ever want from a journey to spiritual enlightenment and
"truth revealed".

Tags: Quicky

The Marty Rathbun Affidavit: Scientology Leader David Miscavige Lied To Texas
Court
September 5, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2013/09/05/marty-rathbun-affidavit-scientology-leader-david-miscavige-lied-to-texas-court/

In his affidavit, Marty Rathbun has provided his most lengthy sworn
explanation of his activities working for Scientology and Miscavige,
and it is an explosive document. It provides voluminous detail which
explains that Miscavige does not have a limited role in the church but
in fact rules every aspect of it with an iron fist. And with that
complete control, Rathbun says, Miscavige certainly has conducted
numerous activities in Texas, contrary to his sworn declaration.

Tags: 1967, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1993, 1995, 1996, 2004, 2005,
2009, 2010, Alan Walter, Austin, AVC, Ben Shaw, Bennetta Slaughter, Bert
Leahy, Brevet rank, Brian Anderson, California, Chairman of the Board, Church
of Scientology International, Comal County, Dallas, David Lubow, David
Miscavige, Denise Brennan, Dianetics, Ed Bryan, Flag Service Organization,
Florida, Greg Arnold, Guardian's Office, Hemet, Inspector General, Inspector
General Network, Int Base, IRS, Jenkins & Gilchrist, Joanne Wheaton, John
Brousseau, Judge Dib Waldrip, Karin Pouw, Linda Hamel, Lisa McPherson, Marty
Rathbun, Mary Sue Hubbard, Medal of Honor, Mediterranean, Mike Rinder,
Monique Rathbun, Monty Drake, Office of Special Affairs, OSA Int, Paul
Marrick, Pinellas County, Private investigator, Religious Technology Center,
Riverside County, Riverside County Sheriff, Scientology executive,
Scientology operation, Scientology organization, Sea Org, Squirrel, Squirrel
Busters, Steven Gregory Sloat, Tampa, Texas, Tommy Davis, US District Court,
Village Voice, Warren McShane

Angry Gay Pope loses ownership of 'KendrickMoxon.com' to ... Kendrick Moxon
September 5, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2014/09/05/angry-gay-pope-loses-ownership-of-kendrickmoxon-com-to-kendrick-moxon/

Yesterday, arbitrator and retired Texas judge Carolyn Marks Johnson
took away the rights to the domain name KendrickMoxon.com from Donald
Myers, a West Hollywood Scientology critic better known as 'Angry Gay
Pope,' and awarded the domain to Scientology attorney Kendrick Moxon.

AGP is known for his loud, brash way of protesting Scientology, whether
in attention-getting public demonstrations or his online activities,
which included the website named after the church attorney, Moxon.

For several years AGP had run the website, which lampooned and
criticized Moxon. Its tag line was, "America's Worst Lawyer?"

Tags: 1977, 2012, Angry Gay Pope, Arbitration, Donald Myers, FBI, Graham
Berry, Guardian's Office, Hollywood, Karen de la Carriere, Kendrick Moxon,
Lawyer, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Pope, Quicky, Texas, Utah

Plymouth
September 5, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/plymouth/

The "ideal" org in Plymouth is rocking and rolling according to the
latest quotes from "church spokespuppet" in The Herald as you can see
below.

This spokespuppet is caught trying to explain the unexplainable. Which
is why you rarely see ANY quotes from any official church spokespuppets
in any media anywhere.

She knows she has to tell "acceptable truths" - she cannot say they
"haven't raised the money" and are not allowed to have their designs
done until they have paid in advance, so she has to say the incredible,
that after 4 years it's a "long process" as we "want to get the scheme
just right."

Tags: 2010, Birmingham, Lisa Coffey, Manchester, Plymouth, Plymouth Herald,
Quicky, Royal Fleet Hotel, Sunday service, The Herald, UK, Wedding

Bad Church of Scientology Experience
September 5, 2015, Color The Sea, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9T78bWOELM

Bad Eperience #1: Two young studs talk about why their Church of
Scientology experience sucked ass... while looking mad cute.

FOLLOW TONY:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/gwalargary

Tags: Quicky, Twitter

Is David Miscavige a Religious Leader?
September 5, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/is-david-miscavige-a-religious-leader/

THIS POST CREATED MORE INTEREST THAN USUAL, AND AS IT IS A HOLIDAY
WEEKEND I AM TAKING THE EASY WAY OUT AND SIMPLY UPDATING IT FOR TODAY
WITH A NEWS ITEM THAT HIGHLIGHTS THE POINT SO STARKLY IT COULD NOT BE
MORE APPROPRIATE.

See one of the hundreds of articles reporting on this below and note a
few things about it.

First, the photo of the Pope out shaking hands with the "ordinary
people."

Tags: BBC, Catholic, CNN, Dalai Lama, David Miscavige, Iran, Kim Jong Un,
LGBTQ, Louis Farrakhan, North Korea, OT, Pope, Quicky, Rome, Tampa Bay Times

Jon Atack: The mystery of mysteries that all Scientologists chase - and can
never find
September 5, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2015/09/05/jon-atack-the-mystery-of-mysteries-that-all-scientologists-chase-and-can-never-find/

Jon Atack is the author of A Piece of Blue Sky, one of the very best
books on L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology. He has a new edition of the
book for sale, and for more than a year on Saturdays he helped us sift
through the legends, myths, and contested facts about Scientology that
tend to get hashed and rehashed in books, articles, and especially on
the Internet. He was kind enough to send us a new post.

Jon, we're really happy to learn that we're still going to get an
occasional piece from you. Even though the Toronto conference was
supposed to be your swan song, you only seem re-energized. And what a
treat for us to meet you, finally, at that conference, and then just a
few weeks later in London! And still, after all that, you still want to
help us out here at the Bunker. Well, maestro, take it away...

JON: I had been a Scientologist for two years when I read the
transcript of a Hubbard lecture in Advance! magazine, issue 44, in 1977.
I wondered if Hubbard was trying to tell me something about
Scientology. Here is an extract, in Hubbard's own words:

Tags: 1952, 1970, 1977, A Piece of Blue Sky, Advance!, Atlanta, Bogot?,
Christian, Class XII, Clear, David Miscavige, Denmark, Ideal Narconon, Ideal
Org, Jesse Prince, Jewish, Jon Atack, London, Los Angeles, Narconon,
Operating Thetan, OT VIII, OT X, Otto Roos, Pat Broeker, Police, Quicky, Ray
Mithoff, Rock Slam, TIME, TMZ, Toronto, UK, Wisconsin

A Lone VM Answers The Call
September 5, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/a-lone-vm-answers-the-call/

Once again, Scientology's own "PR" exposes the embarrassing truth about
the scientology world.

Though they repeatedly boast having "the largest private relief force
on earth" (or some variation of this) that attend every major disaster,
somehow apart from the photo ops the church puts out, nobody else in
the world seems to know anything about them or notice their presence.
That is because they are far from being a "force." They are a ragtag
collection of people who are rounded up, persuaded to pay their own way
to a disaster site, given a t-shirt and expected to pose for photos.

Presumably the two largest collections of VM's are in Los Angeles and
Tampa Bay.

Tags: 1970, 2004, Atlanta, Baton Rouge, Clearwater, Florida, Fort Harrison,
Hurricane Katrina, L. Ron Hubbard, Los Angeles, Louisiana, Narconon, New
Orleans, Pat Harney, Quicky, Red Cross, Tampa, Touch Assist, Volunteer
Ministers

As Scientology declines, its members are even giving up on their spooky super
powers
September 5, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2016/09/05/as-scientology-declines-even-its-members-are-giving-up-on-their-spooky-super-powers/

We want to thank Artoo45 for alerting us to the latest Advance!
magazine, which has always been one of our favorite Scientology
publications. It's in Advance! that the "OT Phenomena" column runs.
Jefferson Hawkins, who once edited Advance!, tells us that column was
one of the most popular things the publications division put out. And
we can see why.

It's in this column that the highest-leveled Scientologists, the
privileged and wealthy few who have reached the "Operating Thetan"
levels, share a glimpse of the way they were bending the universe to
their wills with the superhuman powers promised at the upper end of
Scientology's "Bridge to Total Freedom." And back in the day, oh what
powers and abilities those OTs had.

If you're one of our longtime readers, you may remember excerpts that
we ran at the Village Voice from copies of Advance! magazine from the
1970s and later. In those columns, Scientologists would relate that
they could leave their bodies at will, travel across space and time,
and perform all sorts of miracles (or figure out, from several states
away, what the color of your patio furniture was).

Tags: 1970, 1972, 1973, 2014, 2015, Advance!, Advanced Org, Australia, Bridge
to Total Freedom, Bryan Seymour, Comm Line, David Miscavige, Don Alverzo,
Donald Trump, England, Erin Banks, Freedom magazine, Hillary Clinton,
International Management, Jefferson Hawkins, Jeffrey Augustine, Jerry Levin,
Los Angeles, Mollie Hoertling, MSNBC, Operating Thetan, OT, OT III, OT
Phenomena, Paula Tyler, Paulette Cooper, Quicky, Ron Miscavige, Ruthless:
Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me, Scientology Media Productions,
Sea Org, Steve Cannane, Sydney, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, Village Voice

Inside Scientology's new Australasian headquarters - in pictures
September 5, 2016, Daniel Piotrowski, Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3774041/Inside-Scientology-s-new-Australian-headquarters-Chatswood-north-Sydney.html

Tom Cruise's 'best friend' delivered a thundering speech, green and
gold confetti burst into the sky and black-and-white portraits of
author turned religious leader L. Ron Hubbard stared from the walls.

The Church of Scientology has released stark new pictures from inside
the weekend opening of its sprawling new Australasian headquarters in
Sydney's north - its 'biggest spiritual centre outside the United
States'.

David Miscavige, the religious group's 'ecclesiastical leader', flew in
to cut the ribbon; singer Kate Ceberano performed Waltzing Matilda and
an Indigenous group conducted a Welcome To Country.

Tags: 2011, 2014, Advanced Org, ANZO, Australia, Census, Chatswood, David
Miscavige, Dianetics, E-meter, Fair Game, Hollywood, Indonesia, Kate
Ceberano, Le Lam, New Zealand, Quicky, Saint Hill, Salim Mehajer, Steve
Cannane, Sydney, Taiwan, Tom Cruise, Vicki Dunstan

Louis Theroux's Scientology Movie
September 5, 2016, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2016/09/05/louis-therouxs-scientology-movie/

I found the film "My Scientology Movie" to be saddening. It evidences
the degeneration of a once considerable talent, award-winning producer
Simon Chinn. During my involvement in the movie's creation I witnessed
Chinn being sucked into the staged-news, infotainment vortex that seems
to have consumed the erstwhile Fourth Estate. I will share a back story
to the project to illustrate the concern.

In 2012 Chinn flew from the UK to my home in remote, South Texas. He
and an associate producer spent an afternoon pitching my involvement in
a proposed documentary. He said his film would break the cookie-cutter
mold of Scientology projects to that date. That was, the lazy method of
highlighting and rehashing what has been alleged before and doing some
gratuitous baiting and button pushing of Scientologists to provoke
aggressive responses. Chinn assured me the project would be closely
supervised by him from beginning to end so that it would primarily
serve as a vehicle to portray my insights into the philosophical basis
of Scientology learned from practicing it for nearly thirty years
within the organization and another several years outside of Church of
Scientology control. He sold me on the idea of chronicling my evolution
from fighting for the church, then against it and finally advocating
that people transcend from fights about Scientology altogether.

Chinn effectively stalked me for the next two years while he secured
funding for the project, repeatedly reiterating the purpose and nature
of the planned work. That included sending Louis Theroux and the
assistant producer to Texas the next year to spend two days beseeching
me to stay committed to the project. Because of Chinn's continual
promotion of his previous serious documentary work and our original
agreements, I wound up spending nearly one hundred hours on film
explaining and demonstrating what Scientology is, its origins, its
historical and philosophical context and its battles from both sides of
the divide.

Tags: 2012, BBC, David Miscavige, John Dower, London, Los Angeles, Louis
Theroux, Movie, My Scientology Movie, Panorama, Quicky, Scientology lawyer,
Scientology practice, Simon Chinn, Texas, UK

This homophobic politician got photobombed so good at Calgary's Pride Parade
September 5, 2016, PressProgress
https://pressprogress.ca/this_homophobic_politician_got_photobombed_so_good_at_calgary_pride_parade/

Looks like Jason Kenney didn't bother showing up for Calgary Pride
again this year.

Kenney, who continues to collect $170,400 annually from taxpayers for a
job representing 111,225 Calgary residents, is going with the excuse
that he was too busy looking for another job while still on the clock ?
namely, the leader of Alberta's Progressive Conservatives.

But look who did manage to make it out to Pride? Perennial right-wing
fringe candidate Larry Heather.

Tags: Alberta, Calgary, Canada, DougWiki, Homophobia, Jason Kenney, Larry
Heather, LGBTQ, Ontario New Democratic Party, Pride Parade, Progressive
Conservative, Twitter

Harvey Update
September 5, 2017, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/harvey-update/

With a lot of talk and emails and hype, the yellow shirts of the
largest relief force on earth have not shown up on the radar in
response to Hurricane Harvey.

Here is the latest from the bubble. The first promotional item from the
CO CLO WUS announces that there are less than 400 VM's (out of the
200,000 they claim to have) who have arrived to help with Hurricane
Harvey.

And of course that number of 400 is massively inflated - but it is the
HIGHEST it could possibly be (scientology math is something from
another dimension... 12 Million scientologists, 200,000 VMs etc etc).
You will note the photos show a handful of VM's.

Tags: A&E, Austin, Burbank, CLO WUS, Facebook, Houston, International
Association of Scientologists, Quicky, Scientology and the Aftermath, Texas,
Volunteer Ministers

Missouri school district boots sneaky Scientology front group after
Underground Bunker article
September 5, 2017, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2017/09/05/missouri-school-district-boots-sneaky-scientology-front-group-after-underground-bunker-article/

We are happy to give Underground Bunker senior reporter Rod Keller a
victory lap this morning after his weekend story about a Scientology
front group got quick results. Here's Rod with the latest...

Steven Bales of the Pulaski County Coalition Against Drugs announced
yesterday that they are withdrawing the use of Scientology's Truth
About Drugs program from public schools. In a video with Waynesville
Daily Guide reporter Natalie Sanders he said that he was approached by
a number of concerned individuals about the connection to Scientology,
and he asked the Foundation for a Drug Free World for an explanation.
They sent him a letter with the false claim that Scientology is only
one of a number of donors to the Foundation. Scientology is the creator
of the Foundation, and claims it with pride on its web site. The
reverse is not true, the Foundation makes no mention of Scientology,
not even on the "Who We Are" page. That stealth is deliberate, they
intend to hide the affiliation from educators and other officials.

Bales spent Sunday deleting comments from his Facebook page with links
to the article in the Underground Bunker and the connection to
Scientology. He doubled down on claims that "all drugs are poisons,"
"all drugs can cause flashbacks" and "all drugs are stored for years in
fatty tissue," all of which are untrue statements in Scientology's
materials. In yesterday's video he admits that he was deceived as to
the true origin of the Truth About Drugs, and his connection to the
program is being severed. He said he will be moving to replace Truth
About Drugs with another from the U.S. Government.

Tags: 1970, 1980, 2004, Australia, California, Facebook, Foundation for a
Drug-Free World, Mark Bunker, Missouri, Narconon, Peter Nyiri, Pulaski County
Coalition Against Drugs, Quicky, Rod Keller, Sea Org, Sinar Parman, Steven
Bales, Tom Cruise, Truth About Drugs, Wise Beard Man

PCCAD pulls anti-drug program funded by Scientology
September 5, 2017, Natalie Sanders, Waynesville Daily Guide
http://www.waynesvilledailyguide.com/news/20170905/pccad-pulls-anti-drug-program-funded-by-scientology

The Truth About Drugs is an anti-drug curriculum created by an
organization named Drug Free World. Drug Free World appears to be a
department under the Church of Scientology and admitted, when asked by
PCCAD that the Church of Scientology is its "largest contributor."

The Church of Scientology is a controversial religion that has had some
criticism from former members, including former celebrity members, who
have made accusations against the church. More recently, actress Leah
Remini has had a television documentary series entitled "Scientology
and the Aftermath," where former members of the church discuss their
experiences with it.

Steven Bales, Director of PCCAD, sat down with the Daily Guide Monday
morning to talk about the organization's decision to pull the program.

Tags: Foundation for a Drug-Free World, Missouri, Pulaski County Coalition
Against Drugs, Quicky, Steven Bales, Truth About Drugs

Salvation, Shame & Shunning - The Story of Lloyd Evans: Ex-Jehovah's Witness
(TTA Podcast 344)
September 5, 2017, TheThinkingAtheist, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLIiXY0AnZE

Ex-Jehovah's Witness and activist Lloyd Evans tells his compelling
story about his introduction to - and escape from - the JWs.

Lloyd's website: www.JWsurvey.org

Lloyd's book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0995669104

Tags: Jehovah's Witnesses, Lloyd Evans, Quicky

Scientology Enemies List - Groups
September 5, 2017, blownforgood, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6vcmkgiIC4

In 1992, Scientology published a list of enemies it had at the time. On
this list were hundreds of groups. Many of the people in these groups
were once involved with Scientology and parted ways. It is very
possible that there are more groups currently determined to be
"suppressive" than actual active ones involved with Scientology.

The entire Scientology enemies list is here - http://www.xenu.
net/archive/enemy_names/enemy_list.html

The book Blown For Good - 15 years at the headquarters of Scientology.
https://www.amazon.
com/Blown-Good-Behind-Curtain-Scientology/dp/0982502206

Tags: 1992, Blown for Good, Quicky, Suppressive Person

Coming to Grips with Being in Scientology - My Talk at ICSA 2018
September 5, 2018, Chris Shelton, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp9RQEXb0kw

This week I am posting the short talk I gave at the 2018 ICSA Annual
Conference. I didn't think this had been recorded but turns out it was!
I briefly discuss my own background in Scientology and talk about some
specific things in Scientology that make it hard to get on with your
life after you leave and what to do about some of those things. The
audio in this is not great - I didn't record it myself - but I did my
best to highlight the voice and reduce the echo as best I could.

#Scientology #CultRecovery #ICSA

SHOP FOR CRITICAL MERCHANDISE

Tags: Audio, Cult, International Cultic Studies Association, Quicky,
Scientology: A to Xenu

Gay Ex-Scientologist Michelle LeClair Claims She Was Stalked and Harassed
After Leaving the Church
September 5, 2018, Johnny Dodd, People
https://people.com/books/gay-ex-scientologist-michelle-leclair-stalked-leaving-church/

In 2010, former Scientologist Michelle LeClair says her world was
turned upside down when she left the church after allegedly facing
persecution for coming out as gay.

In her new memoir, Perfectly Clear, the mother of four and
self-described former "poster girl for Scientology" claims that she and
her family were stalked and harassed by the church after she announced
that she was defecting. The church denies her claims, calling them
"delusional and paranoid."

"From the moment I decided to publicly leave, my life unspooled as if I
were in a suspense novel," LeClair, 45, writes in an exclusive excerpt
featured in this week's issue of PEOPLE. "Strange cars idled at the
curb by my home at all hours of the day. Men wearing dark glasses
followed me to the grocery store, my kids' school. My computer and my
phone [were] hacked."

Tags: 2010, 2017, California, Celebrity, Copyright, Critic, Georgia, Jenna
Elfman, LGBTQ, London, Los Angeles County District Attorney, Michelle
LeClair, Movie, Music, Perfectly Clear, Politics, Ponzi scheme, Real estate,
Savannah, Tena Clark, Trial

Give Ireland Back to the Irish
September 5, 2018, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/give-ireland-back-to-the-irish/

Somehow, the ONLY people who seem to be in the Dublin "ideal org" are
from other countries.

Now I will freely admit that I love to visit Ireland. It is truly a
magical country and the people are wonderful.

But why did Miscavige need to plonk an ideal down there when all there
has ever been in Ireland is a bankrupt mission?

Tags: APA, Budapest, David Miscavige, Dublin, Ireland, Las Vegas, London,
Madrid, Mission, New York, Quicky, Rome, Tokyo

Scientology's Colombia strategy becomes clear: It's total war
September 5, 2018, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2018/09/05/scientologys-colombia-strategy-becomes-clear-its-total-war/

Always attack, never defend. That's the motto that L. Ron Hubbard
instilled in Scientology before he left for other parts of the galaxy,
and it's a rallying cry that current leader David Miscavige has always
taken to heart.

And in Colombia, he is definitely on the attack.

A month ago, the Colombian media began a feeding frenzy over what it
considered a juicy scandal: On June 23 in Barbados, to cap this year's
"Maiden Voyage" celebration of Scientology's private cruise ship the
Freewinds, Miscavige had himself pinned with a medal by a retired
Colombian national police general, Carlos Ramiro Mena. For years, we've
watched and rolled our eyes as Miscavige has used the Colombian police
forces and military as props in his public relations schemes to impress
wealthy donors. But having himself pinned with a medal was so over the
top, Miscavige's dockside display became an obsession for the Colombian
media.

Tags: 2002, 2010, 2014, Antonio Sanguino, Barbados, Bogot?, Carlos Felipe
Mej?a, Carlos Ramiro Mena, Cartagena, Colombia, David Miscavige, Ethics,
Facebook, Fair Game, Florida, Freewinds, Guillermo Botero, Henry Kissinger,
Iv?n Cepeda, Maiden Voyage, OT, OT 7, Paola Andrea Gonz?les Corredor, Richard
Gamboa Ben-Eleazar, Richard Nixon, South America, Stella Dur?n, Vanessa
Navarro

Available today, a new thriller based on a former Scientologist's experiences
September 5, 2019, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2019/09/05/available-today-a-new-thriller-based-on-a-former-scientologists-experiences/

At HowdyCon in Los Angeles, one person we were happy to meet was Stefan
Malmstr?m, who had come all the way from Sweden. Today, Stefan's book
Kult is being published by Silvertail Books in London. (And full
disclosure, Silvertail is also the publisher of our book about Paulette
Cooper, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely.)

We wanted to learn more about Stefan and his book, and we asked him
about his background in Scientology.

Stefan: I was 17 and had found the purpose of my life, as an athlete in
orienteering. I was on the top national level and trained two hours a
day, mostly running. Then I met some really nice older people one
evening at a party in my hometown, H?ssleholm in Sweden. I was really
impressed by them and my girlfriend and I started to hang out with them.
It turned out that they were all Scientologists. They manipulated me
into the church and three years later I became a staff member at the
mission in H?ssleholm. I quit my sport, stopped seeing my old friends
and family, and worked for the church seven days a week. I was lucky to
get out five years later, when I was 25 years old.

Tags: Canada, Copenhagen, Guardian's Office, HowdyCon, London, Los Angeles,
Mediterranean, Nancy Cartwright, OT, Paulette Cooper, Quicky, Silvertail
Books, Stefan Malmstr?m, Sweden, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely

Canadians Are Counting All The Ways Doug Ford Has Overspent Ontario's Budget
September 5, 2019, Colin Leggett, Narcity
https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/on/doug-fords-budget-spending-is-apparently-worse-than-ever-and-canadians-are-roasting-him

Doug Ford and the Progressive Conservatives just released their First
Quarter finance report for 2019-2020. The report is totally transparent
in what is going on with Ontario's finances. As one analysis found,
Doug Ford's budget spending might take things in the right direction,
but there still may be a long way to go.

In an analysis by the Financial Post, it was found that Doug Ford's
government is currently spending more than Kathleen Wynne and the
Liberals had planned to in 2019. In the 2018-2019 fiscal year alone,
Ford and his party reportedly added nearly $12 billion to the
province's debt. Interest charges on Ontario's current debt make up
nine percent of all revenue, to the tune of $13 billion.

The Fraser Institute, as noted in the Financial Post piece, found that
Ontario will have $42 billion added to its deficit before seeing a
balanced budget in 2023.

Tags: 2018, 2020, Doug Ford, DougWiki, Financial Post, Fraser Institute,
Kathleen Wynne, Ontario, Ontario Liberal, Progressive Conservative, Reddit

Canadians in every riding support climate action: new research
September 5, 2019, Matto Mildenberger, The Narwhal
https://thenarwhal.ca/canadians-in-every-riding-support-climate-action-new-research/

Using recent statistical and political science advances, we can
estimate Canadian opinion in every single riding across the country
(except for the less densely populated territories, where data
collection is sparse). And we've released on online tool so anyone can
see how their local riding compares to others across the country.

Canadians are concerned about climate change

Our results reinforce what is increasingly clear: climate change is on
the minds of Canadians, and not just in urban or coastal communities. A
majority of Canadians in every single riding believe the climate is
changing. The highest beliefs are in Halifax, where 93 per cent of the
public believe climate change is happening.

And a majority of Canadians in all but three ridings think their
province has already experienced the impacts of climate change. These
beliefs are particularly high in Qu?bec, where 79 per cent feel the
impacts of climate change have already arrived.

Tags: 2008, 2013, Andrew Scheer, British Columbia, California, Canada, Carbon
tax, Climate change, Doug Ford, DougWiki, Elizabeth May, Environmental,
Etobicoke North, Federal election, Halifax, Justin Trudeau, Ontario, Patrick
Brown, Prince Edward Island, Regina, Santa Barbara, The Conversation, Trudeau
government, University of California, Washington

Complaint to Police Filed Against Rebel Media, Conservative Campaign Chair
Hamish Marshall
September 5, 2019, Steven Zhou, Vice News
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/9kea7y/complaint-to-police-filed-against-rebel-media-conservative-campaign-chair-hamish-marshall

A complaint has been filed with police against far-right media
corporation Rebel News Network Ltd. for allegedly distributing
Islamophobic hate propaganda on its website and YouTube channel.

Richard Warman, a human rights lawyer who specializes in online hate
speech, filed a 53-page complaint with the Ottawa Police Service's
Criminal Investigations Unit last week.

The complaint targets the company's three directors during 2015 to
2018: Hamish Marshall, the Conservative Party of Canada's election
campaign chair, Rebel co-founder Ezra Levant, and managing editor
Hannah Vanderkooy.

Tags: 2008, 2015, 2017, 2018, Alt-Right, Andrew Scheer, Brian Jean, Canada,
Charlottesville, Christian, Conservative Party of Canada, Cory Hann,
Criminal, English Defence League, Ezra Levant, Faith Goldy, Federal election,
Hamish Marshall, Hannah Vanderkooy, Muslim, National Council of Canadian
Muslims, Neo-Nazi, Ottawa, Police, Quicky, Rebel Media, Richard Warman,
Statistics Canada, Stephen Harper, Tommy Robinson, Twitter, Unite the Right,
Virginia, White supremacist, YouTube

Fiscal restraint? Doug Ford's Ontario government spent billions more than
Wynne had planned in 2018-19
September 5, 2019, Jasmine Pickel, Opinion, Financial Post
https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/doug-fords-ontario-government-spent-billions-more-than-wynne-had-planned-in-2018-19

So when it comes to the Ontario Progressive Conservative party's
financial performance, let's start by commending the government's
Fiscal Sustainability, Transparency and Accountability Act, which
improves transparency in public reporting. That includes the recently
released first quarter report. Fixing the fiscal mess in Ontario
requires being transparent with the populace about just how dire their
finances are. So great work there.

However, if the report makes one thing clear, it's that the government
has a lot of work to do to get Ontario's spending under control.

Premier Doug Ford's government was elected to clean up the fiscal mess
left behind by its predecessors - $325 billion of debt to be exact,
which marks a staggering increase of 134 per cent from the time the
Ontario Liberals took office in 2003. At the time of the June 2018
election, the previous government was spending $40 million more every
day than it was collecting in revenue. Let that sink in for a moment.

Tags: 2003, 2018, 2020, Canadian Taxpayers Federation, Doug Ford, DougWiki,
Ford government, Fraser Institute, Kathleen Wynne, Moody's, Ontario, Ontario
Liberal, Progressive Conservative

Ford's slogans aren't fixing health care
September 5, 2019, Editorial, Toronto Star
https://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/2019/09/05/fords-slogans-arent-fixing-health-care.html

Well, we always knew Doug Ford's slogans wouldn't be enough to fix
Ontario's dangerously overcrowded emergency rooms and hospital hallways.

Now we have the depressing numbers to show just how short the Ford
government has come in fulfilling its election promise, never mind
actually improving the province's healthcare system.

This past June was the worst June on record for hospital overcrowding
since the province began collecting statistics in 2008 to track
so-called "hallway medicine." The average wait to be admitted to
hospital from an emergency department topped 16 hours, according to the
provincial agency Health Quality Ontario. That's even more troubling
given the winter spikes are still to come.

Tags: 2008, Christine Elliott, Doug Ford, Ford government, Health Quality
Ontario, Hospital, Ontario, Ontario Health, Quicky

International media spread two fake stories about Canadian immigration. It's
weird, but don't panic
September 5, 2019, Emma McIntosh, National Observer
https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/09/05/news/international-media-spread-two-fake-stories-about-canadian-immigration-its-weird

On Saturday, a British tabloid falsely reported that a convicted child
killer could secretly be sent to Canada.

Then, an Israeli newspaper published a fake story Wednesday about
Canada quietly taking in 100,000 Palestinians.

It's weird that two reputable international media outlets would publish
false stories about Canadian immigration in the span of one week, but
two examples don't amount to a trend, said Stephanie Carvin, an
assistant professor of international affairs at Carleton University and
former national security analyst.

Tags: 1993, 2016, Ahmed Hussen, Andrew Scheer, Canada, Carleton University,
CBC, Concordia University, Conservative Party of Canada, Daily Mail,
DougWiki, Facebook, Federal election, Israel, Jerusalem Post, Jon Venables,
Justin Trudeau, Lebanon, National Post, Saudi Arabia, Stephanie Carvin,
Syria, Toronto Sun

Mark Bunker for Clearwater City Council
September 5, 2019, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/mark-bunker-for-clearwater-city-council/

A message from my friend Mark Bunker - far more important than Thursday
Funnies which will run on Saturday:

HELP WANTED

The Clearwater City Council campaign season officially starts on
September 19th! In advance of the 19th, there are two things we'd like
some help with.

Tags: Clearwater, Facebook, Mark Bunker, Quicky, Thursday Funnies, Twitter

Trudeau snubs Munk, Maclean's/Citytv debates but will attend commission
debates
September 5, 2019, David Cochrane, CBC News
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberals-snub-debates-commision-1.5272277

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is committing to taking part in two
federal election debates and is willing to do a third - but will be a
no-show for both the Munk and Maclean's/Citytv debates, despite efforts
to convince the Liberal leader to take part.

The two debates that Trudeau has committed to attending are being
organized by the Leaders' Debates Commission, which was established
after the last election and is led by former governor general David
Johnston.

"The commission was established after the last election where the
governing party tried to game the system and make sure the fewest
number of Canadians engaged in the debates. We think that's wrong,"
Daniel Lauzon, the Liberals' director of communications and policy for
the campaign, said in a statement.

Tags: 2015, Andrew Scheer, Brock Harrison, Canada, Conservative Party of
Canada, CTV News, Daniel Lauzon, David Johnston, Elizabeth May, Federal
election, Global News, Globe and Mail, Green Party, Jagmeet Singh, Justin
Trudeau, La Presse, Le Devoir, Leaders' Debates Commission, Munk Debates, New
Democratic Party, Ontario, Quebec, Quicky, Stephen Harper, Toronto Star

Wait times at Ontario hospitals climbed to record high this summer, data shows
September 5, 2019, CBC News
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/june-hallway-medicine-data-1.5271281

Average wait times at Ontario hospitals set a new June record this
summer, according to recent data from Health Quality Ontario.

In June 2019, patients spent an average of 16.3 hours waiting in
emergency rooms, up from an average of 14.4 hours last June.

The numbers also show that just 34 per cent of patients were admitted
to hospital from the emergency room within the province's target time
of eight hours. Patients waited an average of 1.6 hours before being
assessed by a doctor.

Tags: 2018, Canada, Christine Elliott, Doug Ford, DougWiki, General Hospital,
Health care cuts, Health Quality Ontario, Hospital, Ontario

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
September 5 in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/days/09-05.html